Tytus' 3D Art

Hey guys! This is my first time posting in the Renaissance forums, and so is my first art thread as well. I hope you like my stuff!

I created all of these myself, from scratch, using the 3-D modeling program Solidworks.

For those familiar with Solidworks, I constructed the head, body, and the arms/tail as separate pieces and then mated them in an assembly. The two arms and the tail are actually the same part.

I know the shade of blue is a bit off, but I had to make due with the color palette the program provided.

Electrode! This one was pretty simple.

Staryu! I really hope you guys like this one, it was a lot of work.

What do you think? What should I do next, Porygon 2 or Magnezone? Pokes composed of basic geometric shaped work best.

Electrode.
Porygon2
Jumpluff.

This is really cool though, If you could make something more complicated itd be even cooler.

The only thing is I haven't been able to figure out how to draw lines on curved surfaces yet. To get the lines for the body and eyes for P-Z I had to cut through the whole thing.
I didn't think of Jumpluff! Thanks. Electrode should be easy enough, I think I'll do that before attempting Magnezone and Jumpluff, them maybe Piplup when I get better?

Electrode update!

Updated with a rather time-consuming Staryu. I'm pretty happy with the results, will try Starmie soon as well now that I've got the hang of making those stars.

Oh snap I should make a Koffing tomorrow!

Thanks! I don't think I can pull off Lucario yet, but I'm currently working on Jumpluff.

I might do a quick Rotom before finishing that though, and might as well do Voltorb. Then I'm going to try Magnezone and maybe Metagross.

Thanks guys!

Whoa, those are wicked. Do Arcanine. But I want to see Magnezone more then Porygon2. Nice!
I can't really do organic looking things very well yet but I'm working on it.
Those are sweet as hell. Whats that thing on staryu though?
That's a band that goes around Staryu's leg. you never really see it in the game cause it goes around the back and the bottom, but you can kind of see the edges of it in the sprite.

That is seriously awesome! PoryZ is AMAZING.
I'd rather see Zone than P2, btw!
Would Empoleon be a possibility? It's not THAT organic, I think.

Empoleon would be in-between I think. Maybe that can be my "transition" to more animal-looking things.

Very nice job. Looking forward to more!

You could probably do something like Blissey rather easily, even Metagross. Looking forward to more!!

Wow... just astounding. Fantastic work you got here.

I'd definitely like to see a Magnezone in 3D; it would look awesome.

New stuff! I've been really busy lately but I put this together quickly to hold you guys over haha.

Happy Platinum!

It seems they've been removed from the host.

I'll put them back up in a couple hours when I'm done with classes.
(It's a Rotom btw.)

Edit: They're up now.

Golem may be a possibility, but at this time I have yet to master organic curves like legs and arms. I'm getting better at making sweeps and positioning planes at odd angles, so maybe with some practice I can do it. But I really work better with inorganic Pokeys.

Maybe tomorrow I'll post a picture of one of these mid-construction so you can see what goes into building them. I'm working on Metagross right now, so that should be interesting. I'm planning on attaching his arms with ball and socket joints so I can pose him in different ways. I did this with the Magnemite family and it worked out pretty well, the magnets are permanantly attached to the bodies but they slide around on the surface so the mechanics work realistically. The screws are locked in place though.

Incidentally, would anyone be interested in little avatar versions of these, like the one I'm using now? I won't make new designs on request, but if anyone wants little versions of the current ones I have up I can do that.

Magnemite and Magneton are really awesome. Do more like those. ;) Magnezone creeps me out, but I've never liked the way it looks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)