DPP RNG Abuse Wandering NPC Additions

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
- I have added some information about wandering NPCs to the capture guide. At this point, what is left is a comprehensive list of all zones and the number of wandering NPCs + those who can be stopped using the Vs. Seeker.

justenough and expert evan are working on that below:

Eliminating Wandering NPC's

I intend on this being a list of how many NPC's are in each area and which of them if any are controllable. This list is gathered from Diamond and Pearl and may or may not be the same for Platinum

Areas with No NPC's at all:
Valor Lakefront
Lake Valor
Lake Acuity
Lake Verity
Ravaged Path
Sendoff Spring
Turn Back Cave
Route 219
Valley Windworks
Fuego IronWorks

Areas with only Trainer Npc's

Format:
Location (number of NPC's)
-Name of NPC (Location if needed)

Stark Mountain (1)
-Dragon Tamer Darien (outside the cave)

Route 210 South Zone (1)
-Pokemon Breeder Amber

Route 209 (1)
-Pokemon Breeder Albert

Route 227 (1)
-Black Belt Griffin

Route 226 (1)
-Bird Keeper Geneva

Route 218 (1)
-Sailor Skyler

Route 230 (1)
Swimmer Sophita

Route 207 (2)
-Hiker Justin
-Hiker Kelvin

Route 220 (2)
-Swimmer Adrian
-Swimmer Claire

Route 224 (2)
-
-

Route 223 (3)
-Tuber Holly
-Sailor Marc
-Beauty Nicola

Route 214 (3)
-Collector Douglas
-PI Carlos
-Collector Jama

Router 221 (3)
-Swimmer Vanessa (Only accessible from route 220)
-Swimmer Dillon
-Ace Trainer Shannon

Areas with Vs Seeker and Non vs Seeker Npc's

Format:
Location (Total number of Npc's)
-Npc name (Vs Seeker)
~Npc (Non Vs Seeker, Location)

Route 210 North Zone (2)
-Ace Trainer Ernest (Vs Seeker)
~BlackBelt Adam (No Vs Seeker, located near the honey tree in the foggy section)

Route 229 (2)
-Ace Trainer Felix (vs seeker)
~Old guy (non vs seeker, hidden in the tall grass)

Route 203 (2)
-Youngster Sebastian (Vs Seeker)
~Lass (no vs seeker, west part of the router)

Route 204 (5)
-Lass Sarah (Lower Part)
-Youngster Tyler (Lower Part)
-Aroma Lady Taylor (Upper Part)
~Youngster (non vs seeker, Lower Part)
~Youngster (non vs seeker, Upper Part)

Areas with only Non vs Seeker Npc's
Route 201 (3)
Route 202 (1)

Thanks, could you also list which game you are playing from. I think D/P will have the same Npc's as Pt. But i am not 100% sure.
Also is it ok to refer to bulbapedia for trainer names?

mingot

free agent
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Depends on what you mean by "refer" to? If you mean to look up information, definitely. Use any resource you have at your disposal. Verification, if possible, is always nice, though!

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This is for platinum:

I haven't confirmed this yet though it looks like route 211 west has no moveable NPCs and the same goes for other areas such as Iron Mountain with Riley, Victory Road back section with the arcanine trainer, and Stark Mountain with Buck as well.

I think route 224 only has one NPC, the veteran, and route 226 has that one fighter up a cliff. route 210 south has that one trainer with a magby & togepi outside cafe.

Confirmed for route 226, i did 210 earlier but guess i forgot to record. It has 2 Npc's one is the south as you said, and a black belt in the foggy region who you cannot rebattle. Question: Do the Npc's movement in the south affect the ones in the north?

Edit: I listed route 210 as 215 by mistake

Is there a list that breaks down the routes into zones? All i know so far is 210 has 2 zones, and most of my finding are done as if each route contained only one zone

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Other Platinum areas with no NPCs at all:

Mt. Coronet (inside)
Old Chateau
Pokemon League
Snowpoint Temple
Fuego IronWorks
Stark Mountain (first room)
Victory Road (back-2)
Victory Road (back-3)
Wayward Cave (secret room)

My recent seedot catch on route 210 south confirms that pokemon breeder Amber was the only NPC, and my recent machop catch on route 207 confirms only the 2 hikers there. I'll check out route 208 when I have some time.

Edit: with a seviper capture, I am confirming route 208 has the 3 only NPC trainers as following:

Aroma Lady Hannah
Artist William
Hiker Jonathan

Edit again: unfortunately route 209 has a non-trainer NPC next to the route.209/hearthome sign

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
A lot of it is suggestive. If so it's *ed. Edits in bold, removals noted in ().
One important aspect of RNG Abuse, as it relates to capaturing non-legenday Pokemon is missing from the guide -- The effect of Wandering NPCs on RNG advancement.

To rectify this I am writing a few paragraphs (incomplete, at this point) which will end up in that section of the guide. It will be a few meaty paragraphs, so I want this to be subject to review and a few other users have expressed interest in providing some supporting tables. Here is where we will do that.

The story so far:

Wandering NPCs
The preceding methods to advance the RNG were listed because they can be used, in a controlled manner, to reach a target frame. On the other hand, Wandering NPCs* are discussed here because they tend to have the opposite effect: (replace the , with a : IMO) advancing the RNG in an unpredictable manner and foiling our attempts at hitting our target frame. The challenges that Wandering NPCs pose are not always insurmountable, though, and this information should be useful for working around them, (remove) or at least knowing how to avoid them. It is also worthwhile to note (seems rather awkward. Try "It is noteworthy" or simply remove "also") that if you are attempting to capture a legendary Pokémon that (remove) there will be no wandering NPCs to deal with and that (I'd remove these two words and use "which mans" instead. It's tough to decide on this one since it seems a little awkward) this information can be safely ignored. For those attempting to capture non-legendary Pokémon, read on.

Wandering NPCs are those who walk or turn in a random pattern. The best way to tell if the NPC is moving in a random pattern is to simply observe it. If, after a few moments, you can't predict the pattern of its movements it is a wandering NPC. All Wandering NPCs in a zone will advance the RNG, (remove) even if they are not on the same screen as the player character so (remove and replace with a semicolon after character and then place "therefore," after) it is important to know if there are any at all in the particular zone where you are capturing a Pokémon. You can tell when you enter a new zone, (remove) because a location box is briefly displayed showing the name of the zone.

One additional method to determine if there are wandering NPCs in a zone is to capture a Pokémon, without a synchronizer, after waiting approximately one minute following entry to the game world. Once this Pokémon is captured, (remove) enter its stats into the "DPPt Seed Finder" of RNG Reporter, and (remove) then generate a frame listing for method J. For Pokémon that were captured using Sweet Scent (capitalize the move), (remove) the frame will be two. For those that were not, (remove) the frame will be close to the number of steps that were taken before encountering the Pokémon. If there are wandering NPCs the frame will generally be some number higher than 50.

If there are no wandering NPCs in the zone, (remove) you will have no issues with unwanted RNG advancement. If there are, (remove) you will want to figure out which can be stopped. Wandering NPCs may be stopped if they are able to be re-battled using the Vs. Seeker. To stop these wandering NPCs, (remove) you must use the Vs. Seeker successfully, (remove) and re-battle them. When the battle is over these NPCs will no longer wander (and will no longer advance the RNG) until you leave and re-enter the zone. This effect persists between resets of the game, making this a viable technique. Unfortunately, not all wandering NPCs can he stopped, (remove) as they do not all accept rematches using the Vs. Seeker. Experiment to figure out which ones can in a particular zone.
A lot of it was comma removal so you could possibly say the whole "up to you", though I found it unnecessary in some areas. I'm a little rusty with this so don't 100% bank on me to put it bluntly.

Hope I helped though.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The story so far:

Wandering NPCs
The preceding methods to advance the RNG were listed because they can be used, in a controlled manner, to reach a target frame. On the other hand, Wandering NPCs are discussed here because they tend to have the opposite effect: advancing the RNG in an unpredictable manner and foiling our attempts at hitting our target frame. The challenges that Wandering NPCs pose are not always insurmountable, though, and this information should be useful for working around them or at least knowing how to avoid them. It is noteworthy that if you are attempting to capture a legendary Pokémon, however, [helps it distinguish itself as an exception from the rule] there will be no wandering NPCs to deal with, which means that this information can be safely ignored. For those attempting to capture non-legendary Pokémon, read on.

Wandering NPCs are those who walk or turn in a random pattern. The best way to tell if the NPC is moving in a random pattern is to simply observe it. If, after a few moments, you can't predict the pattern of its movements, then it is a wandering NPC. All Wandering NPCs [is "wandering" capitalized or not? you should pick one and stay consistent] in a zone will advance the RNG, even if they are not on the same screen as the player character; therefore, it is important to know if there are any at all in the particular zone where you are capturing a Pokémon. You can tell when you enter a new zone, [remove "(remove)"] because a location box is briefly displayed showing the name of the zone.

One additional method to determine if there are wandering NPCs in a zone is to capture a Pokémon, without a synchronizer, after waiting approximately one minute following entry to the game world. Once this Pokémon is captured, enter its stats into the "DPPt Seed Finder" of RNG Reporter, then generate a frame listing for method J. For Pokémon whom you captured using Sweet Scent, the frame will be two. For those who were not, the frame will be close to the number of steps that were taken before encountering the Pokémon. If there are wandering NPCs, then the frame will generally be some number higher than 50.

If there are no wandering NPCs in the zone, you will have no issues with unwanted RNG advancement. If there are, you will want to figure out which can be stopped. Wandering NPCs may be stopped if they are able to be re-battled using the Vs. Seeker. To stop these wandering NPCs, you must use the Vs. Seeker successfully and re-battle them. When the battle is over, these NPCs will no longer wander (and will no longer advance the RNG) until you leave and re-enter the zone. This effect persists between resets of the game, making this a viable technique. Unfortunately, not all wandering NPCs can be stopped, as they do not all accept rematches using the Vs. Seeker. Experiment to figure out which ones can in a particular zone.
Great work as always mingot. Comments in brackets.

My little contribution:

Route 208 (3)
Artist William
Aroma Lady Hannah
Black Belt Kyle (Mountain/waterfall area)

All of them are VS seekerable. This is Platinum btw

Also:

Eterna Forest (1)
Bug Catcher

Platinum again

EDIT: Route 224
- Dragon Tamer Hayden
- Veteran Armando

both can be battled (Plat)

Diamond: Route 211 - East

1 Randomly moving NPC
Ruin Maniac Harry - Can be rebattled

3 Stationary Trainers (Ninja Boy and 2 Ace Trainers)

1 Roaming Trainer, fixed pattern (Blackbelt)

This is for platinum:

I think route 224 only has one NPC, the veteran, and route 226 has that one fighter up a cliff. route 210 south has that one trainer with a magby & togepi outside cafe.
Route 226 has two NPCs:

-Bird Keeper Geneva (cliff)
-Swimmer♂ Wade (surf)

Why doesn't someone make a list of all the possible locations where there are pokes to capture, so that people can go and check them out individually.

Acuity Lakefront
Canalave City
Celestic Town
Eterna City
Eterna Forest
Old Chateau Entrance
Fuego Ironworks
Great Marsh [Area 1]
Great Marsh [Area 2]
Great Marsh [Area 3]
Great Marsh [Area 4]
Great Marsh [Area 5]
Great Marsh [Area 6]
Iron Island
Iron Island [1F]
Iron Island [B1F-Left]
Iron Island [B1F-Right]
Iron Island [B2F-Left]
Iron Island [B2F-Right]
Iron Island [B3F]
Lake Acuity
Lake Valor
Lake Verity [After Galactic]
Lake Verity [Before Galactic]
Lost Tower [1F]
Lost Tower [2F]
Lost Tower [3F]
Lost Tower [4F]
Lost Tower [5F]
Mt. Coronet [2F]
Mt. Coronet [2F-Back]
Mt. Coronet [3F]
Mt. Coronet [3F-Summit]
Mt. Coronet [4F-Above Waterfall]
Mt. Coronet [4F-Waterfall]
Mt. Coronet [5F]
Mt. Coronet [6F]
Mt. Coronet [Entrance-R207]
Mt. Coronet [Entrance-R211]
Mt. Coronet [Entrance-R216]
Mt. Coronet [Entrance-South]
Mt. Coronet [Tunnel]
Oreburgh Gate [1F]
Oreburgh Gate [B1F]
Oreburgh Mine [1F]
Oreburgh Mine [B1F]
Pastoria City
Pokemon League
Ravaged Path
Resort Area
Route 201
Route 202
Route 203
Route 204[North]
Route 204[South]
Route 205[After Eternia Forest]
Route 205[Before Eternia Forest]
Route 206
Route 207
Route 208
Route 209
Route 210[North]
Route 210[South]
Route 211[East]
Route 211[West]
Route 212[North]
Route 212[South]
Route 213
Route 214
Route 215
Route 216
Route 217
Route 218
Route 219
Route 220
Route 221
Route 222
Route 223
Route 224
Route 225
Route 226
Route 227
Route 228
Route 229
Route 230
Ruin Maniac's Cave
Sendoff Spring
Snowpoint Temple [1F]
Snowpoint Temple [B1F]
Snowpoint Temple [B2F]
Snowpoint Temple [B3F]
Snowpoint Temple [B4F]
Snowpoint Temple [B5F]
Solaceon Ruins [1F]
Solaceon Ruins [2F]
Solaceon Ruins [B1F-1]
Solaceon Ruins [B1F-2]
Solaceon Ruins [B1F-3]
Solaceon Ruins [B2F-1]
Solaceon Ruins [B2F-2]
Solaceon Ruins [B2F-3]
Solaceon Ruins [B3F-1]
Solaceon Ruins [B3F-2]
Solaceon Ruins [B3F-3]
Solaceon Ruins [B3F-4]
Solaceon Ruins [B3F-5]
Solaceon Ruins [B4F-1]
Solaceon Ruins [B4F-2]
Solaceon Ruins [B4F-3]
Solaceon Ruins [B4F-4]
Stark Mountain [First Room]
Stark Mountain [Large Room]
Stark Mountain [Outside]
Sunnyshore City
Trophy Garden
Turnback Cave
Twinleaf Town
Valley WindWorks
Valor Lakefront
Victory Road [1F]
Victory Road [2F]
Victory Road [B1F]
Victory Road [Back-1]
Victory Road [Back-2]
Victory Road [Back-3]
Wayward Cave [Main]
Wayward Cave [Secret Room]

Taken from http://www.eggmove.com/encounterplat.htm, with the pokes that can be caught removed.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is what I have so far (based off of Ferrouswheel's list). In Diamond, since I can't find my Plat right now.

Acuity Lakefront [0]

Canalave City [4]
- Non-VS Seeker [4]
-- Next to the first house when entering the city
-- Next to the second house (Not including the PokeMart)
-- Left of the Gym
-- Below the Gym

Celestic Town [2]
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- In front of the pond that is left of the biggest house
-- In front of the 2 trees that are right of the biggest house.

Eterna City [5]
- Non-VS Seeker [5]
-- Left of the Bike Shop
-- Left of the PokeMart
-- Near the 4 trees left of the PokeMart
-- Below the PokeMart/Name Rater
-- Left of the Gym

Eterna Forest [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Left as soon as you enter the forest

Old Chateau [0]

Fuego Ironworks [0]

Great Marsh A1 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Lower right of the Area, on a little patch of ground surrounded by Marsh

Great Marsh A2 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- In the middle of the long path above the large pond

Great Marsh A3 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Far left of the Area, above the large pond

Great Marsh A4 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the left of the group 3 trees

Great Marsh A5 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Left as soon as you enter

Great Marsh A6 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Right as soon as you enter

Iron Island [0]

Iron Island 1F [0]

Iron Island B1F-Left [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Left of the stack of red metal bars

Iron Island B1F-Right [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Directly left of the stack of red metal bars

Iron Island B2F-Left [0]

Iron Island B2F-Right [0]

Iron Island B3F [0]

Lake Acuity [0]

Lake Valor [0]

Lake Verity Before Galactic [0]

Lake Verity After Galactic [0]

Lost Tower 1F [0]

Lost Tower 2F [0]

Lost Tower 3F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- All the way at the bottom, near the middle

Lost Tower 4F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Down from the stairs, the only NPC by herself

Lost Tower 5F [0]

Mt. Coronet 2F [0]

Mt. Coronet 2F-Back [0]

Mt. Coronet 3F [0]

Mt. Coronet 3F-Summit [0]

Mt. Coronet 4F-Above Waterfall [0]

Mt. Coronet 4F-Waterfall [0]

Mt. Coronet 5F [0]

Mt. Coronet 6F [0]

Mt. Coronet Entrance-R207 [0]

Mt. Coronet Entrance-R211 [0]

Mt. Coronet Entrance-R216 [0]

Mt. Coronet Entrance-South [0]

Mt. Coronet Tunnel [0]

Oreburgh Gate 1F [0]

Oreburgh Gate B1F [2]
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- Right of the first bike hop
-- To the left of the giant pond

Oreburgh Mine 1F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the left as soon as you enter

Oreburgh Mine B1F [2]
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- Directly left of the first miner
-- To the right of the second miner

Pastoria City [8]
- Non-VS Seeker [8]
-- On the path as soon as you enter the city
-- Next to the Clefairy
-- Right of the PokeMart
-- Left of the Move Relearner
-- Left of the fence/Pastoria Sign
-- Right of the PokeCenter
-- Below the Great Marsh
-- Above the Last house as you exit

Pokemon League [0]

Ravaged Path [0]

Resort Area [4]
- Non-VS Seeker [4]
-- Right of the first house
-- Below the garden in front of the first house
-- Below the second house
-- Below the pool

Route 201 [3]
- Non-VS Seeker [3]
-- In the middle of the first patch of grass
-- Above the bottom patch of grass
-- At the top of the last patch of grass

Route 202 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Right of the last patch of grass

Route 203 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Youngster Sebastian
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- In the middle of the path as soon as you enter from Jubilife City

Route 204 S [3]
- VS Seeker [2]
-- Youngster Tyler
-- Lass Sarah
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the right of the entrance to Ravaged Path

Route 204 N [2]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Aroma Lady Taylor
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the left as you exit the Ravaged Path

Route 205 S [6]
- VS Seeker [5]
-- Picnicker Karina
-- Picnicker Siena
-- Hiker Nicholas
-- Hiker Daniel
-- Camper Jacob
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the right of the entrance to Eterna Forest

Route 205 N [0]

Route 206 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Hiker Theodore

Route 207 [2]
- VS Seeker [2]
-- Hiker Kevin
-- Hiker Justin

Route 208 [3]
*Note: There has been some random frame advancements on this route, but we do not know the cause. Be cautious when RNGing here.
- VS Seeker [3]
-- Artist Kevin
-- Hiker Jonathan
-- Hiker Robert

Route 209 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- PKMN Breeder Albert

Route 210 S [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- PKMN Breeder Amber

Route 210 N [3]
- VS Seeker [2]
-- Ace Trainer Ernest
-- Veteran Brian
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Above edge of first tall grass

Route 211 E [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Ruin Maniac Harry

Route 211 W [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Hiker Louis

Route 212 S [7]
- VS Seeker [6]
-- Parasol Lady Alexa
-- Parasol Lady Sabrina
-- Scientist Shaun
-- Scientist Stefano
-- Collector Dominique
-- Policeman Daniel (Non-VS Seeker during the Morning/Day)
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Left of the exit to Pastoria City

Route 212 N [5]
- VS Seeker [3]
-- Socialite Reina
-- Gentleman Jeremy
-- Policeman Bobby (Non-VS Seeker during the Morning/Day)
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- Right of the Honey Tree
-- Above the pond

Route 213 [4]
- VS Seeker [2]
-- Beauty Cyndy
-- Tuber Chelsea
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- Below the Rock Climb wall
-- Next to the Swimming Pool

Route 214 [3]
- VS Seeker [3]
-- PI Carlos
-- Collector Douglas
-- Ruin Maniac Hunter

Route 215 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Black Belt Derek

Route 216 [4]
- VS Seeker [4]
-- Ace Trainer Garrett
-- Black Belt Philip
-- Ace Trainer Maria
-- Ace Trainer Laura

Route 217 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the left of the upper house

Route 218 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Sailor Skyler

Route 219 [0]

Route 220 [2]
- VS Seeker [2]
-- Swimmer Adrian
-- Swimmer Claire

Route 221 [3]
- VS Seeker [3]
-- Swimmer Dillon
-- Swimmer Vanessa
-- Ace Trainer Shannon

Route 222 [3]
- VS Seeker [3]
-- Beauty Nicola
-- Sailor Marc
-- Tuber Holly

Route 223 [4]
- VS Seeker [4]
-- Swimmer Aubree
-- Swimmer Ricardo
-- Swimmer Wesley
-- Swimmer Gabrielle

Route 224 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Veteran Armando

Route 225 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- PKMN Ranger Ashlee

Route 226 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Bird Keeper Geneva

Route 227 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Black Belt Griffin

Route 228 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Ace Trainer Jose

Route 229 [2]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Ace Trainer Felix
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- In the area above the fertile soil

Route 230 [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Swimmer Sophia

Ruin Maniac's Cave [0]

Sendoff Spring [0]

Snowpoint Temple 1F [0]

Snowpoint Temple B1F [0]

Snowpoint Temple B2F [0]

Snowpoint Temple B3F [0]

Snowpoint Temple B4F [0]

Snowpoint Temple B5F [0]

Solaceon Ruins Entrance [0]

Solaceon Ruins Entrance-Side 1 [0]

Solaceon Ruins Entrance-Side 2 [0]

Solaceon Ruins F Chamber [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- In the middle of the chamber

Solaceon Ruins F Chamber-Side 1 [0]

Solaceon Ruins F Chamber-Side 2 [0]

Solaceon Ruins R Chamber [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- In the middle of the chamber

Solaceon Ruins R Chamber-Side 1 [0]

Solaceon Ruins R Chamber-Side 2 [0]

Solaceon Ruins I Chamber [0]

Solaceon Ruins I Chamber-Side [0]

Solaceon Ruins E Chamber [0]

Solaceon Ruins E Chamber-Side 1 [0]

Solaceon Ruins E Chamber-Side 2 [0]

Solaceon Ruins N Chamber [0]

Solaceon Ruins N Chamber-Side 1 [0]

Solaceon Ruins N Chamber-Side 2 [0]

Solaceon Ruins D Chamber [0]

Solaceon Ruins Extension [0]

Solaceon Town [6]
- Non-VS Seeker [6]
-- Below the PokeCenter
-- On the left of the Path as soon as you enter the city
-- Left of the PokeCenter
-- Farther left of the PokeCenter
-- Above the PokeCenter
-- Pachirisu in the Day Care

Stark Mountain First Room [0]

Stark Mountain Large Room [0]

Stark Mountain Outside [1]
- VS Seeker [1]
-- Dragon Tamer Darien

Sunnyshore City [4]
- Non-VS Seeker [4]
-- On the path to the left when you first enter the city
-- Right of the Market
-- Below Pokemon Rock
-- Below the Lighthouse

Trophy Garden [0]

Turnback Cave [0]

Twinleaf Town [3]
- Non-VS Seeker [3]
-- Above the pond
-- Above your house
-- Above your friend's house

Valley Windworks [0]

Valor Lakefront [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Outside the house on the left before you leave the housing area

Victory Road 1F [0]

Victory Road 2F [0]

Victory Road B1F [0]

Victory Road Back-1 [0]

Victory Road Back-2 [0]

Victory Road Back-3 [0]

Wayward Cave Main [0]

Wayward Cave Secret Room [0]

EDIT: Cleaned the list up a bit and added locations. Someone reported having trouble with a Wandering NPC on Route 208. We think this is because of the fact that there is a Wandering NPC in the house on Route 208. Not entirely sure, but that is what we think right now. I put wandering NPCs that are in houses in any of the areas, besides the cities.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Here is the intro that you asked for mingot
---
Throughout the games of Pokemon you meet countless characters and trainers which are Non-Player Characters or NPCs. NPCs come in three different types, Stationary, Fixed, and Wandering. Stationary are NPCs that stand still and do not move, while both Fixed and Wandering NPCs move throughout the overworld. Fixed NPCs walk in a fixed pattern throughout their track, while Wandering NPCs walk randomly throughout their track. Neither Stationary and Fixed NPCs affect the frame of the RNG, while Wandering NPCs use the RNG to decide their movement. Wandering NPCs break down into another small section of two, those that can be stopped by VS Seeker and those that can't. When a Wandering NPC want a rematch due to the VS Seeker it becomes a Fixed NPC while circling around or a Stationary NPC after the rematch. Using the VS Seeker allows for you to lessen the amount of NPCs that will advance the RNG, but there is no way to stop Wandering NPCs that are unaffected by the VS Seeker. The best you can do is keep them onscreen and watch and calculate how much the advance the frame.

Ditto

/me huggles
Started on the Plat list. So far it is a lot like DP, 1 addition so far and the Great Marsh NPCs were in slightly different locations.

Acuity Lakefront [0]

Canalave City [4]
- Non-VS Seeker [4]
-- Next to the first house when entering the city
-- Next to the second house (Not including the PokeMart)
-- Left of the Gym
-- Below the Gym

Celestic Town [2]
- Non-VS Seeker [2]
-- In front of the pond that is left of the biggest house
-- In front of the 2 trees that are right of the biggest house.

Eterna City [5]
- Non-VS Seeker [5]
-- Left of the Bike Shop
-- Left of the PokeMart
-- Near the 4 trees left of the PokeMart
-- Below the PokeMart/Name Rater
-- Left of the Gym

Eterna Forest [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Left as soon as you enter the forest

Old Chateau [0]

Fuego Ironworks [0]

Great Marsh A1 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Lower right of the Area, on a little patch of ground with Marsh on both sides.

Great Marsh A2 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- On the path to the right of tram.

Great Marsh A3 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Far left of the Area, below the large pond.

Great Marsh A4 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the right, above the ridge.

Great Marsh A5 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Left as soon as you enter

Great Marsh A6 [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- To the Right as soon as you enter

Iron Island [0]

Iron Island 1F [0]

Iron Island B1F-Left [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Left of the stack of red metal bars

Iron Island B1F-Right [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Directly left of the stack of red metal bars

Iron Island B2F-Left [0]

Iron Island B2F-Right [0]

Iron Island B3F [0]

Lake Acuity [0]

Lake Valor [0]

Lake Verity Before Galactic [0]

Lake Verity After Galactic [0]

Lost Tower 1F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Top-left, next to the staircase

Lost Tower 2F [0]

Lost Tower 3F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- All the way at the bottom, near the middle

Lost Tower 4F [1]
- Non-VS Seeker [1]
-- Down from the stairs, the only NPC by herself

Lost Tower 5F [0]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)