move 1: Rest
move 2: Sleep Talk
move 3: Ice Punch
move 4: Superpower/Brick break
Item Leftovers
Evs 252 hp 200 spD 54 atk
Nature Careful

Why this set deserves to be on site:

-Registeel resists Dragon,Normal,Ice,Dark,and Ghost,all of which are very common in Ubers.

-Registeel can work as a very well switch in to Darkrai's Dark Void and other forms of status.

-Registeel has the bulk and key resistances to pull of this job.

Additional Comments:
-Ice Punch is for hitting Dragons.
-Superpower is for hitting Darkrai hard after absorbing the sleep.

Registeel is a great defensive pokemon as far as stats and utility. With RestTalk this doesnt offer much utility unfortunately. RestTalk sets are generally bad unless your Kyogre or have a form of boosting or phazing while sleeping. Registeel has none of these and becomes pure set-up fodder for many pokemon in the tier. His unboosted Ice Punch doesn't even hit super effective targets hard :(.

You need Curse if you attempt to do something useful; you cannot even counter Darkrai because a boosted Focus Blast 2HKOs you, while Brick Break misses the OHKO. Superpower is a really bad move on a Restalker, because you want longevity, Superpower will just make you switch out more than you should. It is a liability on something as Registeel in my opinion. If I want to use a competent user of Rest + Sleep Talk with many useful resists, I would go to Dialga, since he is actually able to be useful, rather than just being a sitting duck. Your set is a also a free switch-in to Ho-Oh and Specs Kyogre, not to mention free Spikes on Forretress, Skarmory and Deoxys-E. I dislike this.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
1. Registeel sucks in the Ubers tier.
2. It sucks much more without T-Wave/Toxic/Explosion cause it doesnt do shit.

Registeel is Set-Up-Bait in Uber for nearly anything. The only Registeel worth using in Ubers is Registeel with SR, T-Wave/Toxic, Explosion, Ice Punch.

Oh not to mention that Resttalk-Registeel is outclassed by Dialga....

1. Registeel sucks in the Ubers tier.
2. It sucks much more without T-Wave/Toxic/Explosion cause it doesnt do shit.

Registeel is Set-Up-Bait in Uber for nearly anything. The only Registeel worth using in Ubers is Registeel with SR, T-Wave/Toxic, Explosion, Ice Punch.

Oh not to mention that Resttalk-Registeel is outclassed by Dialga....

i dont see how rest talk Registeel is outclassed by Dialga if Registeel has higher base on both Defensive stats.

Dialga has way better offensive stats, bulk up and STAB Outrage, also it is not set up bait unlike your set.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Registeel has amazing defenses and can take many hits, its just too weak to pose a threat to anything really. If its not utilizing a set that provides team support, you're better off using another Steel like Scizor.

Registeel has amazing defenses and can take many hits, its just too weak to pose a threat to anything really. If its not utilizing a set that provides team support, you're better off using another Steel like Scizor.

I dont see how absorbing status for the team isn't team support.

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I dont see how absorbing status for the team isn't team support.
Ok. Sleep Absorbers are supposed to be able to take status, and be able to still threaten Pokemon while asleep. You can't even threaten things while awake! Good job, you just switched into Darkrai and took a Dark Void, now hopefully you can Sleep Talk 56.2% - 66.9% damage with Superpower. Against Darkrai's defenses, thats pathetic. If I really wanted something to switch into Dark Void and handle Darkrai that bad, I'd choose Scarf Sleep Talk Heracross, or lolPrimeape. Thats pathetic that the only way Registeel can "support" the team is by taking a Dark Void, so basically, you are suggesting bulky death fodder for team support.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
The extent of Registeel's usefulness is Thunder Wave, Toxic, Stealth Rock, and bulkiness. This set only has the last point, and it doesn't even matter because this Registeel isn't doing anything to anything not named Rayquaza.

QC REJECTED (1/3)

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
One of Registeel's defining roles in the Uber metagame is being able to tank, paralyze, set up Stealth Rock, and most importantly, Explode. When you give it RestTalk, you destroy Registeel's main utility (as said by many). It can't really pose much of a threat due to its weak attacks. It still loses to Darkrai, and it can't even stop the Lati@s now because Ice Punch does semi-laughable and they could CM/Recover all over it. "Status absorption" is indeed team support but it's generally not something to be focused on, and especially not on this Registeel because it can't actually do anything back.

I'm sorry but I am rejecting this

QC REJECTED (2/3)

I guess i see what everybody means now,this set is pretty bad posing a threat. Now that i look at it that why i myself don't belive it should be on site anymore.

I will just stick with UU stuff from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)