Returning to Our Roots NOC Mafia - GAME OVER: The Mafia Wins

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Handcuffed+shot.

TL was vigged.
zorbees - The Detective - Inspector - The Village - Beaten and Shot N1
polelover44 Spiffy - The Police Chief - Safeguard - The Village - Beaten and Shot N2
TalkingLion - Villager - Vanilla - The Village - Handcuffed and Shot N2
EDIT: votecount
Metal Bagon (6): Orcinus, Ditto, Paperblade, khz, Mithril, pokemaniac
8 to lynch. FoS only from this point onwards on MB, k?

I think its very likely that a vig killed TL, since he was the main village target after NK. At mithril's suspicions of me I admit that I've largely been repeating, mainly because being on UK timezone means I'm usually late to the party on stuff happening, but my post in the middle of yesterday after re-reading I thought was bringing some new stuff up.

Also, I agree with the metal bagon lynch, but I'd also like aura guardian to start talking, since he was very active and defensive when being threatened on day 1, but has been much quieter since people started forgetting about him.

For now though, lynch metal bagon for more pressure.

Also, I find the details of Nightmare jigglypuff's role rather appropriate, "you aren't trusted very much around town"

If you truly our village, you should really give us your thoughts for every player so that we have something to work with from a cleaned player if you ultimately are lynched.
^this^ @ Metal Bagon.

Reminder to only FoS Metal Bagon, as adding more votes could lead to majority before MB has spoken his rebuttal.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Meanwhile, AG is scum.

I would also like to ask for some potential night vig targets.

Readlist:

Confirm Town:
New World Order: I'm not throwing away the possibility of a mafia mayor though.

Possible Town:
Empoof: njiggs flipped town, so there goes the only reliable scummy evidence against him. Otherwise, solid game lately.
khz: Swaying. He did go after kok in 123, but that could be bussing, otherwise, looks clean-ish. Just curious, do you play mafiascum since you've mentioned it before?

Possible Scum (in order):
EP: Hasn't said much, basically IIoA his way through the entire game and hopping on bandwagons here and there.
Mithril: Literally haven't been contributing anything.
Flamestrike/auramaster: Idlers, but some solid posts here and there. Detailed analysis on these two should be coming soon...
Hydrattler--Based on predecessor's actions. Enough has been said about this. Dislike his vote on TL to get him lynched...could be mafia trying to lynch town? However, I did find 294 to take a great deal of pressure off of Maxim.
nEsp: keeps using busy/inexperience as an excuse. I'm not a fan of that.
Ditto: Not much to be said. Although if he's a seasoned vet of NOC, he may be playing us all. We will have to see. However, I personally found his behavior at end of day 2 scummy. He promises to read stuff and then...disappears? This is definitely not pro-town behavior.

Scum (in order):
Metal Bagon: Too much evidence against him to list.
Paperblade: for 397, unjustified defense. We're in Day 3, far beyond gut votes. Especially when Mithril hasn't been doing crap in this game and looks scummy.
AG: Holy crud this guy is inactive when he's not under attack.

No read:
pokémaniac 212

(this is me procrastinating on my english paper. *sigh*)

Vote Metal Bagon.

A few things I'd like to mention:
1) The rules indicate the possibility of neutrals.
2) If there are neutrals with kills, I don't think Maxim is one.
3) I intended to post more Day 2, but I had a LOT of homework and deadline came before I could post.
4) If Metal Bagon turns out to be the village roleblocker or something, then perhaps we should consider the possibility of OD having bussed kok. Just mentioning that and the fact that OD survived the night after lynching a mafian.
5) OD, you forgot to put your read on Maxim in that list. Just mentioning.

Anyway, unless MB claims roleblocker or something like that, there is almost no chance of me changing that vote...

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Vote Metal Bagon.

A few things I'd like to mention:
1) The rules indicate the possibility of neutrals.
2) If there are neutrals with kills, I don't think Maxim is one.
3) I intended to post more Day 2, but I had a LOT of homework and deadline came before I could post.
4) If Metal Bagon turns out to be the village roleblocker or something, then perhaps we should consider the possibility of OD having bussed kok. Just mentioning that and the fact that OD survived the night after lynching a mafian.
5) OD, you forgot to put your read on Maxim in that list. Just mentioning.

Anyway, unless MB claims roleblocker or something like that, there is almost no chance of me changing that vote...
Maxim got subbed with hydrattler. Also, Unvote: Vote AG for having the cruddiest reasoning yet in 4). and no point in 1 and 2. So if we mislynch MB or if MB claims (even fakeclaims!) roleblocker, I'm scum? AG seems to be discouraging wagon drivers here and thus town discussion. -.- I mean, he is known for using inane scumtells (list of reads and switching votes included) but this takes the cake.

Maxim got subbed with hydrattler. Also, Unvote: Vote AG for having the cruddiest reasoning yet in 4). and no point in 1 and 2. So if we mislynch MB or if MB claims (even fakeclaims!) roleblocker, I'm scum? AG seems to be discouraging wagon drivers here and thus town discussion. -.- I mean, AG is known for using inane scumtells (list of reads and switching votes included) but this takes the cake.
You do realize I was trying to entrap MB into claiming my role, right?

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
You idiot.

Next person to claim without any grounds to claim gets shot. I raise my middle finger to you all. Unvote: Lynch Paperblade for stated reasons. Any counterclaims?

You realize that the two of us are the only ones to have seen it, right? Our activity at the moment being the only activity and no rules that I can remember against editing... (That was why I claimed).

EDIT: oh, just saw your request for counter-claims.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think that Metal Bagon is mafia for reasons already listed. However, if I vote lynch right now, it would hit majority, so I will wait until the deadline to see if we can pull out any more information on people.

I subbed out of Adventure Games because I need to be active on IRC there in order to have even the slightest chance of success, which I can't really manage. I can at least be active enough on the forums to post here though, which is why I'm sticking around here (unless Walrein wants to have me subbed out but I think I've been active enough to avoid that; I asked to sub out of Adventure Games, so it wasn't like I was so inactive that I needed to be subbed out). Anyway, I guess now would be a good time to go through the player list.

Engineer Pikachu - Has been extremely quiet lately, and when he has been posting it's been mostly in analysis of the game and not of players. One of the people that would go on my suspicious list.

theangryscientist Paperblade - Hasn't made many big posts, but has been popping in and out with smaller posts pointing various things out. In response to your calling me out on lack of posting, while I haven't been posting often when I have posted I've tried to put lots in to make up for it. I'd post more if I could, but like I said in my last post I'll do my best to post ASAP if someone asks me to.

Mithril - Hasn't been posting as much as I'd like, but when he has posted there hasn't been anything particularly suspicious about it. Still, the fact that he only seems to post when prompted is a bit troubling. He's on my suspicious list, but not by much.

Ditto - It'd be nice to see him be more of a driving force like he was back on Day 1, but he's still been around. Nothing suspicious here.

auramaster - He's been more quiet than I'd like, but at least he has posted some, unlike Engineer. Still watching him, but not on my suspicious list just yet.

Flamestrike - I haven't been able to post as much as I'd like to, which is likely why people are starting to become a bit more suspicious of me, but I'm trying to be as helpful as I can when I do post. Hence the full player list analysis. Hopefully I'll be able to post more often this week since I have no assignments to do.

empoof - Has done a good job of being active, posting good analyses, and being helpful in general. No problems here.

Metal Bagon - Public enemy #1 and for good reason. He's been extremely quiet as of late, his defenses have been horrible, and his behavior a few days ago with the whole threatening to claim thing was really suspicious. Obviously he's on my suspicious list.

Orcinus Duo - Really aggresive, but I haven't seen anything suspicious in it. While it's possible he bused kok to gain favor with the village, I highly doubt it. Joining a bandwagon on a mafia as mafia is one thing, but starting one, especially on Day 1, seems unlikely.

nEsp - Hasn't posted recently, should post again soon. When he was posting he was doing fairly well though IIRC so for now he gets a pass. Someone to keep an eye on though.

khz - The opposite of nEsp here, he hadn't been posting very much but he's been posting a fair bit more in the past few pages, so while I'm still going to keep an eye on him he's fine for now.

Maxim Hydrattler - He gets a pass for recently subbing in, but Maxim was my second most suspicious user, barely posting and not posting anything that was all that useful when he did post. On my suspicious list, and will become my #2 most suspicious again if he doesn't defend himself soon.

Aura Guardian - His recent claim muddles things a bit, but OD makes a good point in that he only seems to become active when he's under attack. I guess we watch for a counterclaim.

pokémaniac 212 - Hasn't posted very much, and has only had one real post that has helped push discussion in the past few pages. Definitely needs to post more, so he goes on my suspicious list.

New World Order - Hasn't been posting very much at all since he claimed, which is a real shame since he's the closest thing we have to a cleaned person. While it's still possible he's a mafia fakeclaiming the lack of a counterclaim makes it unlikely, though it's always possible the mafia was informed that the village didn't have a mayor.

So, my suspicious list in order from most to least suspicious:
Metal Bagon
Engineer Pikachu
Hydrattler
pokemaniac212
Mithril

There's plenty of pressure on Metal Bagon already, so Lynch Engineer Pikachu. Post more.

So I wake up and find that everryone bandwagons on me, great.

OK, sadly I think the only way to get you guys off me is too claim, there is a prblem however...
I think our problem is that we're getting way too many "noob town"/mafia reads, which means that the person in question is either being really stupid or is mafia. Unfortunately it's very hard to tell the two apart and only past experience can give us a hint.

So far my noob town reads are:
-Mithril
-Metal Bagon
-Maxim
-pokemaniac 212
-TalkingLion

Please don't take offense to this, I just feel that you guys have never played NOC before and aren't used to it. Out of these five, the most scummy to me are Maxim and Mithril because they really only contributed to the discussion when provoked and pressured to do so. But if I had to guess a mafia team as of right now, I probably wouldn't use these users. I am against lynching any of these users for now unless someone can bring up some excellent evidence against them.

Of the players in the game right now, I would be behind lynching any of the following:

-Aura Guardian: Although I don't fully trust Orcinus Duo 100%, Aura Guardian seems way too defensive with his posts, and this post really sold me:

To me this post came off as if Aura Guardian was happy that I shifted the attention from him to someone else. Orcinus Duo has already brought up any other things working against Aura Guardian so I'll move on.

-Nightmare Jigglypuff: The main thing that gets me with NJ isn't just his defensiveness of Empoof, but also his reluctance to even propose a better target or even his thoughts. He defends Empoof with shoddy reasoning and just leaves it at that.

The bolded areas are what caught my eye. And again NJ has failed to provide any other options or thoughts, he just wants to make sure that he isn't lynched... The only reason I'm hesitant on a NJ lynch is that some of his actions could fit a "noob town" read as well, but NJ's insistance of even having one vote on him worries me.

-kingofkongs: Mostly because I have never seen kingofkongs ever lurk in a game and just troll it. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) He could be a very valuable villager and his refusal to even post in the thread and answer my question to him makes me question if he is even a villager at all!

As of right now my final vote will be for Nightmare Jigglypuff. If someone brings up a better target of course my vote will be subject to change. Remember, if you vote for someone, it would be nice to provide some reason as well as other possibilities for the lynch today. Thanks guys!
Sadly there are no reads from him to defend me but there are some other potenial targets for us.

EDIT: I'm logging off for school. Please don't hit majority while I'm there.

So basically when the Doctor dies you become wolf. That's not good.

I doubt a mafia would claim a role that becomes a wolf, it's a pretty big risk, so I'm guessing Metal Bagon is "clean". The problem is, he won't be for long (depending on how long the Doctor lives for), so we have a choice on our hands; lynch a future wolf or let him live and hope that either he doesn't turn (unlikely) or that when he does turn we can control him (more likely). I'll let others weigh in on this.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I still think we need to lynch MB. If doctor dies, which at this rate seems very possible with all the power roles dying. Plus it's basically a confirmed baddy.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Spiffy requested that I post this:
Code:
[13:00] <Spiffy> I've won every NOC game i was in so far xD
[13:00] <Spiffy> SO THE VILLAGE BETTER WIN THIS NOC 
[13:00] <Spiffy> so I can be 4 for 4
Carry on.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Okay, let's see if I can be more active now that I have some free time. I'm really not sure about most people, though...

Paperblade - Generally helpful?
Mithril - Kind of confusing; I don't really know what to think of him.
Ditto - Was extremely helpful in D1; hasn't been as helpful since, but is still present and a discussion sparker.
auramaster - Haven't really seen him post.
Flamestrike - Posting more lately; seems to be being helpful.
empoof - Great posts.
Metal Bagon - Complex role that seems unlikely to be faked.
Orcinus Duo - Starting a bandwagon on mafia D1 would make it seem like he's not mafia.
nEsp - No clue.
khz - See above.
Hydrattler - Maxim didn't really post much, so I guess Hydrattler gets a clean slate.
Aura Guardian - His posts are kind of confusing, but since he claimed and there's been no counterclaim so far, I guess he's village?
pokémaniac 212 - See nEsp.
New World Order - See AG.

Gonna Unvote:lynch nEsp, then. I'll try to be more active.

EDIT: nEsp, I have one phrase to respond to your question: random.org

Anyways, onto the next one, which is vote khz

Orcinus Duo said:
nEsp: keeps using busy/inexperience as an excuse. I'm not a fan of that.
To be honest, I think you'd rather hear my current reason then a lie. If you'd like, I could tell you what I've been doing each day, if you need that to believe me. But I agree that it seems like a fishy excuse, and I would probably not trust myself either, if I didn't knew my role already.

Engineer Pikachu - I want to hear some thoughts on people from you. Especially on MB, AG and OD. Even if you have no certain reads, you must have at least an opinion right now. (Okay, I am slow to write posts. But I wonder if there was a reason behind choosing me when you list others as equally suspicious as me.)

(theangryscientist) Paperblade - Many uninformative posts. To me it seems like someone trying to seem like he's posting a lot while giving no important information, such as thoughts and analyses. Still need to explain why he thinks Mithril is town. (Okay, you answered this while I was writing. Still don't like that we had to ask you for reason, but that's just my paranoia.)

Mithril - Was post #281 the thoughts you promised us? It seems awfully little to me. I'd rather he posts a bit more. If you need inspiration, you could give us some thoughts on AG, OD and MB. I wouldn't mind people analysing me a bit more either.

Ditto - Keeps prodding inactive users, and giving small but useful posts. Not much to say about him yet, which is far from comforting me.

auramaster - Too inactive recently. Thoughts on MB, AG and OD, please. On second thought, his recent posts haven't been that contributing. The only recent post where he gives us any information was #265, and he himself says it was only because he was voted earlier that he posted his opinions. To me, that sounds like mafia.

Flamestrike - I didn't knew I had a clone. Seriously though, his behavior is so similar to mine that it's creepy. I cannot really say anything else about him, which isn't comforting as it means you probably cannot say anything about me either. Most people seem to think he's helpful, but I fail to see what makes him seem townish.

empoof - Nothing to complain about. Keep going like this.

Metal Bagon - Seems new, as an experienced player probably wouldn't have said that he'll turn wolf the second the doctor dies. And it's not the most common role, making me doubt that it's the role a newbie would claim. But if he's experienced, it'd be a smart fake-claim. Or would it? It would only buy him time enough until the doctor dies. In other words, if MB is mafia, the mafia would be losing a member the second the doctor dies, forcing them to out a member in order to kill a villager. But if they already know who the doc is, they could let him live in order to have MB's fake-claim be viable.
Even though, I have a hunch that he's town as there are other uncommon roles to claim as. Thus, I'd say we let him live, for now, as we can kill him the second the doc dies. Or manipulate him. What do you say, MB? Are you willing to cooperate with the village in case the doctor dies, or do we have to kill you?

Orcinus Duo - A bit more offensive then the rest of us, but that's probably because he's used to a more active community. I wouldn't say 100% town yet, but I doubt that he'd be advocating discussion this much if he's scum. But on the other hand, I believe he's skilled enough to be able to fool all of us.

nEsp - Myself. And maybe a bit too inactive, I'll do my best in order to be better from now and on. Even though when I get on, there usually isn't much discussion going on. Probably due to time-zones, I guess.

khz - A difficult one. Seems to be a bit better then the average in this game. If nothing else, I appreciate his ability to see things from different perspectives. Cannot say whether his scum or not, though.

(Maxim) Hydrattler - After you've read through the thread, post something of substance, okay?

Aura Guardian - Defensive and quiet. I doubt that a counterclaim will occur, due to that I doubt that the village even have a roleblocker. Someone'll have to fill me in on how common the role is as village. He tried to go on the offensive with that trap though, which I appreciate. Just don't stop now.

pokémaniac 212 - Way too uncertain of. Please post more, okay?

New World Order - Seems clean. I find it unlikely that the village has no mayor, and there's been no counterclaim.

Seconding that MB should post his questions and answers. And I cannot see how that post from Spiffy can help us, really, as opinions are very likely to change over time.

Going to bed now, and I'd appreciate if there are some questions for me to answer tomorrow.

Goddamnit all the intense drama/claiming always happens when i have to do important things irl.
AG why would you tell us your plan to entrap MB? OD had one vote on you. People gotta stop claiming gaahhh. You could've waited to see if MB took your bait if anything.
Busy as a bee, I'll be on later and post more in depth thoughts about what's going on, sorry i had to skim since my last post :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)