The Tecnician Duo

The main part of this team is Technician Scizor and Breloom. Because of their shared Fire type weakness I decided to make it a rain team as well.

Lil' Wayne (Politoed) @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Toxic
- Protect

Politoed is here to provide rain support. I don't always lead with him. If I see a Ferrothorn or other Pokemon that would be harder to take down in rain I try to take care of it first before bringing him out. I tried a couple different move sets, (Perish Song, Encore, etc.), but this one seems to cover enough bases. I can put Ferrothorn to sleep, Toxic walls and Gastrodon, and Scald everything else.

Toad (Breloom) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Spore
- Swords Dance
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed

The first Technician. It's a standard set I saw on the DW tier. Spore what gets switched in, Swords Dance on the next, Profit. I was thinking about CB but I like Spore and Swords Dance.

Pop Top (Scizor) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Second Technician. He started out as a CB set but I didn't like getting locked into one move. I also decided against the bulky set with Roost for lack of power.

Terra Cotta (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Rock Slide

Started out as Rotom Wash to act as a bulky water type to take Fire attacks for Loom and Scizor and to take care of Tornadus, Thunderus and Dragonite in the rain. Realized afterwards that Terrakion takes care of those threats even more and can function pretty well in a Sandstorm as well.

Aquaman (Vaporeon) @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Wish
- Heal Bell

Vaporeon has become the bulky water type and an absolute beast to take down. He is usually the last one standing. Can pass Wishes to the rest of the team and cure the Technicians of burns which would totally shuts them down. Had to give up Toxic which I kind of miss but I like the burn from Scald (when and IF it ever kicks in). Used to be a Tentacruel for Toxic Spikes and Rapid Spin but I think Vaporeon helps the rest of the team better.

Dr. Tran (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Roar

Finally, Heatran is here to take Fire hits the best and counter act other weather teams. Lava Plume for burns and Abamasnow (If they ever send it out...), Earth Power for Sun teams and Tyranitar, and Stealth Rocks and Roar for passive damage and set up sweepers.

This team has brought me mixed results and gone through several different choices of Pokemons. Ferrothorn is a huge pain, and entry hazards in general. I have a kind of hard time with rain teams, but I haven't faced one since I fixed Heatran. (It used to have Toxic and Protect instead of Earth Power and Roar)

Hey there nice team based around Breloom and Scizor

Ok firstly I noticed Terrakion, Scizor and Breloom will have a hard time breaking through Physical walls like Skarmory If Heatran is down and even then Lava Plume with no Special attack investment in rain shouldnt be doing to much to Skarmory. Niether will these three pokemon be doing to much to Gliscor either. To effectivly break these walls I suggest changing Terrakions item to Choice Band>Choice Scarf So you can 2hko Skarmory and Gliscor with Close Combat and Stone Edge after a little bit of prior damage. Terrakion can easily pave the way for Scizor and Breloom to sweep.

With this change another prime candidate for a Choice Scarf would be Politoed. With Choice Scarf Politoed> Current Politoed your team gets an effective revenge killer and a pokemon that can Ko Dragonite's, Haxourus's and Slamences's with Ice Beam. These three pokemon are otherwise a bigthreat to your team seeing as your only steel type is Specially defensive and it gets hit super effectivly with Brick Break and Earthqauke two moves these dragons commonly carry. Also you dont lose to much from your defensive set

No Choice Band Terrakion can take on steels pretty well and in rain there is really no need to have a fire type like Heatran. I also noticed a weakness to Tornadus-T who cn hit your whole team hard with Hurricane and Heatran hard with Focus Blast. for that reason i suggest Specially Defensive Jirachi>Heatran Jirachi gives you a good candidate for setting up Stealth Rock he can spread paralarysis with Body Slam and can check Tornadus-T

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets

Politoed @ Choice Scarf| Drizzle
Timid | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hydro Pump / Focus Blast / Ice Beam/ Hidden POwer [Electric / Grass]

Jirachi @ Leftovers | Serene Grace
Careful | 252 Hp / 4 Def / 252 Sp Def
Stealth Rock / Body Slam / Iron Head / Wish

tl:dr

Politoed
.Scarf--->Current Set

Jirachi--->Heatran

Terrakion
.Choice Band--->Choice Scarf

~Superpowerdude

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)