My team for the Houston Fall Regionals

So, this is my first serious team I plan on using at the tournament in October. I've never done anything like this before, so forgive me if I built a crappy team. I did the best I could, but again, I'm new to both team building, as well as competitive battling.

Blaziken (M) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 102 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Flare Blitz
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Protect

STAB Flare Blitz + Fire Gem will OHKO Metagross, as well as take out Abomasnow and Scizor without the additional boost.
Hi Jump Kick covers Tyranitar, and most Steel-types.
Stone Edge, I'm not 100% certain on just yet, I'm thinking about using Rock Slide instead. Either will hit Tornadus/Thundurus/Zapdos pretty hard.

Sableye (F) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Def / 244 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Feint
- Knock Off
- Taunt

Sableye's only purpose is to support the main attack force.
Feint not only breaks through Protect, it also breaks Focus Sash and Sturdy users. The only thing I'm worried about is a Focus Band, but even that has a low chance to activate.
Knock Off will get rid of any Leftovers that the opponent holds, as well as any other beneficial item.
Taunt is to hit supporters like Cresselia and Whimsicott. Just in case I get Taunted first, I stuck her with a Power Herb.

Weavile (F) @ Dark Gem
Trait: Pick Pocket
EVs: 252 Atk / 108 Def / 148 Spe
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Low Kick
- Night Slash
- Ice Punch
- Protect

There is nothing I'm more afraid of than Cresselia and Latios. I've given her just enough speed to go before Latios, and a Dark Gem powered Nigh Slash should hit it pretty hard. I'm considering a second Feint user, but I'm not sure who yet.
Low Kick will hit Tyranitar and Hippowdon really hard, considering how heavy they are.
Ice Punch is the perfect STAB attack to take out Salamence and Garchomp.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Pain Split
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Hidden Power can hit Gastrodon really hard. I know I'm losing Ice on this moveset, but I feel like Hidden Power would be a bit more beneficial for the team.
Hydro Pump and Volt Switch are just the STAB attacks for overall coverage.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SDef / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- X-Scissor
- Outrage

The only thing that made me choose Haxorus over Garchomp was Mold Breaker. Hitting anything at all with Earthquake will take out a hefty sum of HP. I'm mainly shooting for Heatran that gets Levitate via Skill Swap.
It has just enough speed to outspeed Latios without boosts.

Zapdos @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 74 SAtk / 116 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Air Cutter
- Discharge
- Thunder Wave
- Tailwind

Zapdos I'm not too sure on. But it was the only thing I could think of that wasn't affected by Mold Breaker. The main purpose is to Tailwind and Paralyze. It avoids Haxorus' Earthquake, and can attack multiple targets with Discharge. I'm considering replacing an attack for Protect.

So, this is my first serious team I plan on using at the tournament in October. I've never done anything like this before, so forgive me if I built a crappy team. I did the best I could, but again, I'm new to both team building, as well as competitive battling.
If that's the case, I highly recommend signing up for the next Round of Battling 101's VGC program. From the look of it, you could really use a few pointers on team building, what you'll be facing from others, and what works and what doesn't. I don't mean to sound rude, but at the moment, your team is a complete mess. Between Air Cutter Zapdos and Mold Breaker Earthquakes striking your own Rotom, there are quite a few problems here.

If that's the case, I highly recommend signing up for the next Round of Battling 101's VGC program. From the look of it, you could really use a few pointers on team building, what you'll be facing from others, and what works and what doesn't. I don't mean to sound rude, but at the moment, your team is a complete mess. Between Air Cutter Zapdos and Mold Breaker Earthquakes striking your own Rotom, there are quite a few problems here.
I'll look into that, thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)