move 2: Brave Bird
move 3: Roost
move 4: Substitute
item: Leftovers
ability: Defiant
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 196 SpD / 60 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Braviary's respectable bulk, access to reliable recovery, and Flying STAB make him a very effective user of Bulk Up. After a single boost, Braviary becomes very difficult to KO, being able to take all but strong special Ice- and Electric-type attacks fairly comfortably. Brave Bird provides Braviary with a powerful STAB move with good neutral coverage, allowing him to hit most Pokemon moderately hard. Roost provides Braviary with reliable recovery, allowing him to set up comfortably on strong special attackers, such as Sceptile and Accelgor, while preventing more defensively oriented Pokemon like Slowking, Lanturn, Clefable, and Uxie from whittling him down with repeated attacks. Substitute allows Braviary to set up on bulky Pokemon that rely on status, Seismic Toss, Clear Smog, and Dragon Tail to combat it, and prevents Volt Switch users from forcing it out. Thanks to these attributes, Braviary can easily stall out Stone Edges from bulky Rock-types, effectively eliminating their primary method of damaging him and allowing him to play around them.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread emphasizes special bulk in order to better set up on offensive Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Lilligant, and bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn, whose Scalds fall short of breaking Braviary's Substitute, while also yielding 101 HP Substitutes. The Speed investment allows Braviary to outpace standard Qwilfish and, as such, the majority of RU defensive Pokemon. More Speed can be utilized to outpace moderately fast Pokemon such as Crawdaunt and Shell Smash Omastar, though detracting from Braviary's special bulk to such an extent does detract from his ability to set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and defensive Slowking, making him more vulnerable to being 2HKOed and having his Substitute broken by Scald, respectively. While seemingly trivial, Bulk Up Braviary adores facing defensively oriented teams, finding numerous opportunities to set up on common defensive Pokemon. To illustrate this, here are some example calculations of common defensive Pokemon against Braviary:</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>Calm 0 SpA Slowking Scald: 19.55 - 23.26%</li>
<li>Calm 0 SpA Roselia Sludge Bomb: 22.27 - 26.23%</li>
<li>Bold 0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire: 12.62 - 14.85%</li>
<li>Calm 0 SpA Lanturn Volt Switch: 27.22 - 32.67%</li>
<li>Impish 0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball: 26.98 - 31.93%</li>
</ul>

<p>Pokemon that can take on boosting Steel- and Rock-types that can set up alongside Braviary, such as Klinklang, Kabutops, and Aggron, are useful partners. Steelix and Poliwrath are both useful for this reason, with the former also checking Rotom, one of Braviary's most resilient counters. Spikes support is very useful in wearing down Rock- and Steel-types that resist Braviary's STAB. Roselia and Ferroseed are both solid examples of this, who in addition to laying Spikes, also take on Electric-types that trouble Braviary. Rapid Spin support is much appreciated if at all possible, since with Stealth Rock off the field, Braviary can much more definitively check and set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and Accelgor. Cryogonal and Kabutops both make solid partners for this purpose, with Cryogonal also offering an answer to strong Blizzards from hail teams that would otherwise KO Braviary.</p>

Great set col, i've used it myself to great effect. You may also want to specifically mention that this Braviary is more or less the ultimate stallbreaker, as it can set up all over things like Clefable, Poliwrath, Alomomola, Amoonguss, Roselia, more or less anything that's a staple on a stall team.

Idk if you want to perhaps include a brave bird calc vs standard, Nidoqueen, sure 2HKO without stealth rock or a boost.

Yeah, I was going to probably stress this in the write-up, but BU Braviary's best match-ups are easily against bulky offense / [semi-]stall, where it can set up all over an assortment of common 'mons, and at best they pHaze it out without really "dealing with it". I was on the fence about adding calcs, but if people feel it would better get the point across I'd be more than happy to toss them in =) Also I'll definitely toss in the 'Queen calc, since the most used 'mon in the meta probably deserves mention :x

An interesting set, its just that you're screwed by a Poke with taunt, and rocks and steels can stall you all day and phaze or kill you.

Ok, yeah, wrote this up, QC can feel free to give this another go-over when they can find the time n_n

I would probably be more specific in all of your examples, reason being that it's not really convincing to use this set and it has a hard time setting up in my experiences.

even to the point where it can set up on and beat select Rock- and Steel-types, such as Regirock, one-on-one.
Regirock isn't really that common first of all, and other examples to help a player use this set will be helpful. Other places to elaborate on:

• "a plethora of defensively oriented Pokemon comfortably"
  • "Seismic Toss users, and so forth"
  • "The given EV spread maximizes special bulk in order to better set up on offensive Grass-types and bulky Water-types"

[qc]3/3[/qc]

[SET]
name: Bulk Up
move 1: Bulk Up

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Thanks to Braviary's respectable bulk, access to reliable recovery, and Flying STAB make it a very effective user of Bulk Up. After a singular single boost Braviary becomes very difficult to KO, being able to take all but strong special Ice- and Electric-type attacks fairly comfortably, even to the point where it can set up on and beat select Rock- and Steel-types, such as Regirock, one-on-one. Brave Bird provides Braviary with a powerful STAB move with good neutral coverage, allowing it to hit most Pokemon moderately hard. Roost provides Braviary with reliable recovery, allowing to effectively set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile, Accelgor, Slowking, and a plethora of defensively oriented Pokemon comfortably. Substitute allows Braviary to set up on bulky Pokemon that rely on status to combat it, Seismic Toss users, and so forth, as well preventing Volt Switch users from forcing it out. Thanks to these attributes,(comma) Braviary can easily stall out Stone Edges from bulky Rock-types, effectively eliminating their primary method of damaging Braviary and allowing it to play around them.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread maximcapitalizes on special bulk in order to better set up on offensive Grass-types and bulky Water-types (such as?) while also yielding 101 HP Substitutes, with enough Speed to outpace standard Qwilfish, encompassing the majority of RU defensive Pokemon. More Speed can be utilized to outpace moderately fast Pokemon such as Crawdaunt and Shell Smash Omastar, though detracting from Braviary's special bulk to such an extent does detract from(does it "remove" this ability? if not explain how it detracts from it) its ability to set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and defensive Slowking. While seemingly trivial, Bulk Up Braviary adores to face defensively oriented teams, finding numerous opportunities to set up on common defensive Pokemon. To illustrate this, here are some example calculations of common defensive Pokemon against Braviary:</p>

<li>0 SpA Slowking Scald 19.55 - 23.26%</li>
<li>0 SpA Roselia Sludge Bomb 22.27 - 26.23%</li>
<li>0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Fire 12.62 - 14.85%</li>
<li>0 SpA Lanturn Volt Switch 27.22 - 32.67%</li>
<li>0 Atk Steelix Gyro Ball 26.98 - 31.93%</li>
</ul>

<p>Pokemon that can take on boosting Steel- and Rock-types,(comma) such as Klinklang, Kabutops, and Aggron,(comma) and that can set up alongside Braviary are useful partners. Steelix and Poliwrath are both useful for this reason, with the former also checking Rotom, one of Braviary's most resilient counters. Spikes support is very useful in wearing down Rock- and Steel-types that resist Braviary's STAB. Roselia and Ferroseed are both solid examples of this, who in addition to laying Spikes,(comma) also take on Electric-types that trouble Braviary. Rapid Spin support is much appreciated if at all possible, as with it,(comma) Braviary can much more definitively check and set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and Accelgor thanks to the lack of Stealth Rock. Cryogonal and Kabutops both make solid partners for this purpose, with Cryogonal also offering an answer to strong Blizzards from hail teams that would otherwise KO Braviary.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]

tehy

Banned deucer.
In that case, allow me to add to your workload with an amcheck.

Well that's actually a good point DC, I just felt like posting to get a response real quick so I could do this real quick.

And I was going to edit out the entire content of that post anyhow to make room for this amcheck, ah well

Add blue remove red comments below.

Edit: Hey no probs
[SET]
[SET COMMENTS]
<p>Braviary's respectable bulk, access to reliable recovery, and Flying STAB make it a very effective user of Bulk Up. After a single boost, Braviary becomes very difficult to KO, being able to take all but strong special Ice- and Electric-type attacks fairly comfortably, even to the point where it can set up on and beat select Rock- and Steel-types, such as Steelix, one-on-one. Brave Bird provides Braviary with a powerful STAB move with good neutral coverage, allowing it to hit most Pokemon moderately hard. Roost provides Braviary with reliable recovery, allowing it to set up on strong special attackers such as Sceptile and Accelgor comfortably, as whilell preventing more defensively oriented Pokemon like Slowking, Lanturn, Clefable, and Uxie from whittling it down with repeated attacks. Substitute allows Braviary to set up on bulky Pokemon that rely on status to combat it, Seismic Toss users, Clear Smog, and the occasional Dragon Tail and Clear Smog usersto combat it, as wellnd preventings Volt Switch users from forcing it out. Thanks to these attributes, Braviary can easily stall out Stone Edges from bulky Rock-types, effectively eliminating their primary method of damaging Braviary and allowing it to play around them.</p>
[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]
<p>The given EV spread capitalizes on special bulk in order to better set up on offensive Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Lilligant, and bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn, whose Scalds fall short of breaking Braviary's Substitute, while also yielding 101 HP Substitutes. The Speed investment allows Braviary to outpace standard Qwilfish, encompassingand as such the majority of RU defensive Pokemon. More Speed can be utilized to outpace moderately fast Pokemon such as Crawdaunt and Shell Smash Omastar, though detracting from Braviary's special bulk to such an extent does detract from its ability to set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and defensive Slowking, making it more vulnerable to being 2HKOed and having its Substitute broken by Scald, respectively. While seemingly trivial, Bulk Up Braviary adores to faceing defensively oriented teams, finding numerous opportunities to set up on common defensive Pokemon. To illustrate this, here are some example calculationss of common defensive Pokemon against Braviary:</p>
</ul>
<p>Pokemon that can take on boosting Steel- and Rock-types that can set up alongside Braviary, such as Klinklang, Kabutops, and Aggron that can set up alongside Braviary, are useful partners. Steelix and Poliwrath are both useful for this reason, with the former also checking Rotom, one of Braviary's most resilient counters. Spikes support is very useful in wearing down Rock- and Steel-types that resist Braviary's STAB. Roselia and Ferroseed are both solid examples of this, who, in addition to laying Spikes, also take on Electric-types that trouble Braviary. Rapid Spin support is much appreciated if at all possible, as with it, Braviary can much more definitively check and set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and Accelgor thanks to the lack of Stealth Rock. Cryogonal and Kabutops both make solid partners for this purpose, with Cryogonal also offering an answer to strong Blizzards from hail teams that would otherwise KO Braviary.</p>

Comments:
First you had Regi now you have Steelix, can you please include a rock and a steel-type? It's kind of weird to say select Rocktypes and include none
I figured most users of Stoss Csmog and Dtail were bulky so I just lumped those together with status users
I get what you were trying to do with encompassing but it needs tweaking if you are going to use that word, it doesn't work well as is

The double check :O Thanks DC, implemented everything and beefed up examples and other details, though if there's more I should be doing with it let me know!

edit: also yeah tehy, just finished implementing, sorry for the confusion :x

@tehy: You don't need to ask if the check was implemented, you can always tell by the thread title.

Also for the analysis, Braviary can't set up on Steelix if it has Roar, so I wouldn't use that as an example. At least 1 more example also isn't too much to ask I hope :x.

Well, by 1v1 I mean more in a last 'mon scenario (which this set does fall into a lot from my experiences with it) in the case of Steelix, but I can understand that it isn't exactly obvious nor "ideal" in any given match '~' Will do, sorry for the inconvenience :x

Well I mean those last mon scenarios are quite rare, and Steelix could switch out. Kinda situational imo. Also:

0 SpA Omastar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 196+ SpD Braviary: 142-168 (35.14 - 41.58%)

x.x

Got more? lol

It could still set up theoretically if you predict well :> Seriously though, the primary set-up opportunities for Rock- and Steel-types are rather obscure tbh (most notable are Regirock and Stone Edge Eviolite Rydon, both of which being rather uncommon), and I suppose it'd be best if that section was just omitted, as neat as it is on paper haha

edit: also incorporated tehy's am check, thanks for that btw ^_^

GP check. Good job on writing this.
Additions in Blue
Subtractions in Red
Comments in Purple

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Braviary's respectable bulk, access to reliable recovery, and Flying STAB make it him (I know that its this way in the current analysis too, but I'm pretty sure Braviary is supposed to be referred to as he because he's part of a male only species) a very effective user of Bulk Up. After a single boost, Braviary becomes very difficult to KO, being able to take all but strong special Ice- and Electric-type attacks fairly comfortably. Brave Bird provides Braviary with a powerful STAB move with good neutral coverage, allowing it him to hit most Pokemon moderately hard. Roost provides Braviary with reliable recovery, allowing it him to set up comfortably on strong special attackers such as Sceptile and Accelgor comfortably, while preventing more defensively oriented Pokemon like Slowking, Lanturn, Clefable, and Uxie from whittling it him down with repeated attacks. Substitute allows Braviary to set up on bulky Pokemon that rely on status, Seismic Toss, Clear Smog, and Dragon Tail to combat it him, and prevents Volt Switch users from forcing it him out. Thanks to these attributes, Braviary can easily stall out Stone Edges from bulky Rock-types, effectively eliminating their primary method of damaging Braviary him and allowing it him to play around them.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>The given EV spread capitalizes on emphasizes special bulk in order to better set up on offensive Grass-types, such as Sceptile and Lilligant, and bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Lanturn, whose Scalds fall short of breaking Braviary's Substitute, while also yielding 101 HP Substitutes. The Speed investment allows Braviary to outpace standard Qwilfish, (remove comma) and (add comma) as such (add comma) the majority of RU defensive Pokemon. More Speed can be utilized to outpace moderately fast Pokemon such as Crawdaunt and Shell Smash Omastar, though detracting from Braviary's special bulk to such an extent does detract from its his ability to set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and defensive Slowking, making it him more vulnerable to being 2HKOed and having its his Substitute broken by Scald, respectively. While seemingly trivial, Bulk Up Braviary adores facing defensively oriented teams, finding numerous opportunities to set up on common defensive Pokemon. To illustrate this, here are some example calculations of common defensive Pokemon against Braviary:</p>

</ul>

<p>Pokemon that can take on boosting Steel- and Rock-types that can set up alongside Braviary, such as Klinklang, Kabutops, and Aggron, are useful partners. Steelix and Poliwrath are both useful for this reason, with the former also checking Rotom, one of Braviary's most resilient counters. Spikes support is very useful in wearing down Rock- and Steel-types that resist Braviary's STAB. Roselia and Ferroseed are both solid examples of this, who in addition to laying Spikes, also take on Electric-types that trouble Braviary. Rapid Spin support is much appreciated if at all possible, as with it Stealth Rock off the field, Braviary can much more definitively check and set up on Pokemon such as Sceptile and Accelgor thanks to the lack of Stealth Rock. Cryogonal and Kabutops both make solid partners for this purpose, with Cryogonal also offering an answer to strong Blizzards from hail teams that would otherwise KO Braviary.</p>

[gp]2/2[/gp]

Alrighty, thanks melvni, I appreciate the clarification on gender deal :x

Ready for upload whenever ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)