Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer mark 6 (read 1st post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I guess I will most likely be using it, thanks, I did some myself, but I'm not too good at that kinda stuff.

May someone please explain exactly how the move Imprison works? Does it only stop the opponent from using the moves known by the pokemon who used Imprison? Or does it prevent the opponent from using any moves known by the users team? And does imprison only last a certain number of turns or the whole match?
Anyone?

So I've got this Feebas with good IVs..

Feebas
MODEST
HP: 31
Attack:0-2
Defense: 30-31
Special Attack: 30-31
Special Defense: 30-31
Speed: 0-2

and I'm planning to use the magic leftovers EV spread, 148 HP / 240 Defense / 120 Special Attack. Anyway I can tweak the EV spread to suit the nature? Or do I use this as the parent and go for a bold one?

As far as I know (I haven't used it very much), say a Gardevior with Wish/Imprision/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam (I don't know if it learns these, just a hypothetical scenario) used Imprision when a Blissey with Wish/Softboiled/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam, the Blissey wouldn't be able to use Wish/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam. I think it lasts until switching.

If a Pokemon uses Imprison, your opponent's Pokemon can't use attacks known by the Pokemon that used Imprison. It stays in effect if your opponent's Pokemon switch/faint, but the effect disappears if the Imprison user switches/faints. Imprison will fail when you use it if the opponent's Pokemon that is currently out doesn't know any moves known by the Imprison user.

Anyways, does Synchronize work on Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in Emerald? Because I was trying to get an Adamant Groudon so I put an Adamant Ralts with Sync at the lead of my party, and after about 10 tries, Groudon was never Adamant...

Feebas
MODEST

and I'm planning to use the magic leftovers EV spread, 148 HP / 240 Defense / 120 Special Attack. Anyway I can tweak the EV spread to suit the nature? Or do I use this as the parent and go for a bold one?
I run a modest one myself. I only have a few EVs in Special Attack to hit about 270 (266 is a OHKO with Ice Beam against Garchomp, I believe), and put a few into speed to beat out things that linger around 207 or a little less (Suicune, Agiligross, etc). The rest goes into HP and Def.

Feebas
MODEST

Ok, I ran up a stat calculator myself and noticed a huge difference between the two natures when I ran the same EV spreads. The defense for a bold one with the same IVs will be 279, compared to my modest one, which is 254. The special attack reaches 266 on the bold one, and 292 for mine. So I tried tweaking the EVs a bit (252 defense) and got 257 defense, inferior to the bold one. Any suggestions? Should I just breed a bold one?

[EDIT]: Didn't see pirate0's post, sorry. So which spread would you recommend for my IVs?
I tried 148 HP / 178 Defense / 24 Special Attack / 160 Speed and it got me 368 HP, 238 Defense, 266 Special Attack, and 207 Speed.

Oh, I didn't notice your speed IV was that low.. in that case, it probably isn't worth investing in. I would pump those into HP and Defense, but if you want the leftovers recovery maybe you can put the last 74 (after maxing Def.) into Special Defense. Or you could leave it Speed in to outspeed things under 185 speed (but I don't know off the top of my head how useful that would be).

Linton: I think the ability is compoundeyes.

Say you have a Pokemon you're using a Power item on (let's say a Power Brace for all intensive purposes), this Pokemon has Pokerus. The Power Item adds +4 of a specific EV. Pokerus doubles whatever EVs you receive in battle. Example:
Sneasel w/ Power Brace (+4 Speed) & Pokerus (Double) defeats a Starly (1 Speed EV). Now it can be one of two equations I can think of that determine the EVs:

1. (1+4)x2=10 Speed EVs
2. (1x2)+4=8 Speed EVs

Which equation is correct?

Alright, now this question:

Say you have the above mentioned Sneasel w/ a Power Bracer (Speed) & Pokerus, but you fight a Shinx (ATK), how does it work there?

1 ATK x 2 & 4 Speed x 2 = 2 ATK EV, 8 SPD EV

Like that ^?

Try breeding a female zubat + male hoothoot/noctowl with Hypnosis. Breed until you get a female zubat with Hypnosis, and breed that zubat with a male Honchkrow that knows Nasty Plot. Not sure if it'll work =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)