Everstone Breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does the everstone trick work in D/P? I must have hatched about 30+ eggs, none of which had the desired nature. Another thing ive noticed is, despite the parents having good ivs, the offsprings suck. Has breeding been changed in D/P? Its getting me very frustrated :(.

Peterko

Never give up!
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you did something wrong...everstone only works if held by ditto or the mother (female parent), we will test how many IVs the babies get from the parents after the US version comes out

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I thought the nature rate increased. I've been hatching a lot of Jolly Fukamarus with a female parent holding everstones

Akayfortyseven is actually right. I believe there may be a bug that hasn't yet been addressed in the Japanese versions. Either that, or the everstone trick just doesn't work very well anymore. It has happened to me on at least 4 occasions. Here are the ones I recall:

1. Timid Ditto (everstone attached), with Drifloon (f)
30 Offspring, 2 Timid

2. Gengar(m), with Timid Drifloon (f) everstone attached
60 Offspring, 5 Timid

3. Jolly Ditto (everstone attached), with Gible (f)
30 Offspring, 1 Jolly

4. Salemence (m), with Jolly Gible (F) everstone attached
15 Offspring, 1 Jolly

This issue is seriously pissing me off. Breeding is more annoying than ever if you can't even rely on it. The only time everstone breeding has ever worked properly for me on D/P is when I bred a Ditto (everstone attached) with my ADV Gyarados.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps the trick now requires you to have a father with a different ID number than the trainer's own?

I've found that that has happened to me in Emerald.

I think if a ditto and a female are breeding, and you give the everstone to the ditto, then chances are decreased. Thats what I've experienced at least.

Exactly, I own one of the early pearl versions (first batch), possibly it was resolved in the newer versions? I will try it on my friends diamond later.

I have done some tests on my pearl, and got the following;

1: Rash hikozaru male with female rash hikozaru holding everstone

40 eggs, 1 rash male

2: Doomirra male with careful ditto holding everstone

40 eggs, 2 careful doomirras.

The Salamence and Gengar I used as fathers were both from my ADV games, so the ID number shouldn't be the issue. They weren't hacked, but they were cloned, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
And agreeing on Tin's comment as well, since I ran into quite a bit of Jolly Fukamarus (28/40 were jolly) while breeding and only few has great IVs, although the father is an extremely good Larvitar

I've bred countless Pokemon on Emerald and everytime I used the Everstone trick I always got at least 1/3 of my box full of the desired nature. It's not like that at all right now on my Diamond, so it cannot be "bad luck". It has to be one of out of four possibilities, I think.

1. We're doing something wrong.
2. The Breeding system is genuinely bugged at random times.
3. Cloned Pokemon make it bug up (or they punish you for it).
4. The odds of the everstone trick have been drastically lowered some how.

If you read my post in the simple questions and answers thread, I believe that breeding has been affected by region as Japanese and US breeding partners are not producing the desired results with regards the the everstone trick, i need to state that I have done an awful lot of breeding, so please dont say its bad luck or im doing it wrong, there seems to be a lot of unexplained changes with the breeding system.

PsiUmbreon reported to me last night that a Pal Park Ditto was passing natures with a 4th gen Pokemon. I also briefly tried it on my English game and it passed down natures on the first two eggs that hatched. Right now it's NOT doing that on my Japanese game, however I've been mixing Pokemon. Meaning Japanese Pokemon with US. When I tried US with US it worked on my English game, but more testing needs to be done. At this point my actual Japanese game might just be bugged when it comes to the breeding system.

Well I for one can say that it at least works with 3rd and 4th Gen Pokémon, I tested with a Ditto from the 3rd Gen, and my Luxray, and of the 20 hatched, 17 had the same nature as the Ditto with the Everstone attatched.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To make things simpler for everyone, but especially our researchers, let's keep all discovery posts in [thread=19629]this thread[/thread] about breeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)