Chatot Discussion

Don't think anyones done a Chatot discussion b4... Thats quite sad, i see quite alot of potential in him.

Chatot(Normal/Flying)
Base Stats(Hp/Att/Def/SpA/SpD/Sp)
76/65/45/92/42/91

Hmmm, another horrible Normal/Flying typing. This parot should(ya i know i should not be discussing pokemon tiers now..) be considered UU due to its stats, so with 92 SpA and 91 Sp, it can make quite a good Special Sweeper in the UU battleground.

Average Hp, lousy Att and both Defences but it really shouldnt matter as its not a Tank.

As for both its Traits, i don't really think both are useful.
Keen Eye - Sand Attack anyone?
Tangled Feet - May help abit but nobody likes to be confused anyway... better Trait of the 2...

This is what im planning if i ever use a Chatot, which is quite likely..

Chatot@ LifeOrb
Modest(+SpAtt -Att)
Tangled Feet
-Chatter
-HyperVoice
-NastyPlot
-Taunt

LifeOrb for obvious sweeping purposes. Just dont go against something faster than it.
If Serebii is correct, Chatter gives a 100% confusion while doing 60 damage. Once the foe is confused, Taunt to get them to try hitting themselves and to give you time to set up Nasty Plot. Nasty Plot up than sweep away with HyperVoice.

Chatot@ BrightPowder
Timid(+Sp -Att)
TangledFeet
-FeatherDance
-Chatter
-Roost
-Toxic

Annoyer Chatot? Put in some speed EVs to make sure you start first. Chatter to confuse than start spamming FeatherDance. Toxic and stay alive by Roosting while hoping the confusion works. Chatter when confusion runs off or just for attacking.Likely to make opponent switch so time your Toxic/Chatter well. BrightPowder to try giving it more staying power by causing you enemy to miss.
Hard to use, as this guy is hard to switch in, maybe try leading? This set should work well on physical sweepers who will hit themselves hard by confusion before they get FeatherDanced.

Comments? Discucs..

I used Chatot throughout the entire game in-game, and I don't think his Chatter -EVER- confused anyone. It might be 10% possible to confuse, but it's ABSOLUTELY not 100%...

I used Chatot throughout the entire game in-game, and I don't think his Chatter -EVER- confused anyone. It might be 10% possible to confuse, but it's ABSOLUTELY not 100%...
Ok so maybe Serebii was wrong... so how about replacing Chatter with SuperSonic??(too low accuracy) or maybe Swagger?

iirc, chatter's confuse rate was mentioned as being dependent on what it is saying or something like that. That might explain why it never confused for you, since you probably didn't teach it to say anything.

Edit: found it mentioned in "common misconceptions" and "d/p research thread" I see various things listed including loud makes for the highest percentage. ill test this when my brother gets home from his trip the next time he plays his electric guitar XD

Focus sash or leftovers or something more reliable on last set... not sure if Exploud's in UU or not, but chatot won't like it if it is. Also, sorry in advance for the stupidity, but what's a MIC? >.>

No one lowers your accuracy, but people DO use stuff like will-o-the-wisp and thunderwave, so Tangled Feet> Keen eye.

MIC: The hole in the middle of your DS. Go to Chatot in your party, choose Chatter (it's blue like an HM) and then record something. Chatot will then repeat that every time it's released or it uses Chatter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)