Gen 3 My Competitive team needs some help!

Here's my competitive team so far. Please help in any way possible!

Crobat@Choice Band
Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 6 HP
~Shadow Ball
~Haze/Poison Fang
~Steel Wing
~Wing Attack

Steelix@Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish Nature
EVs: HP 252, Defense 252, 6 Attack
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Protect/Substitute
~Toxic/Explosion/HP Steel/Iron Tail???

Kingdra@Leftovers
Swift Swim
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 6 Special Defense
~Rain Dance
~Dragonbreath
~Ice Beam
~Surf

Cradily@Leftovers
Succion(sp) Cups
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Special Attack
~HP Grass/Giga Drain
~Recover
~Amnesia
~Toxic

Magmar@Leftovers
Flame Body
??? Nature
EVs: 170 Speed, 170 attack, 170 Special Attack
~Thunderpunch/Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Iron Tail?

Swampert (or a better bulky water)@Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 Special Defense
~Counter
~Mirror Coat
~Brick Break
~EQ

There ya' go. Kinda unsure about this team. These are my favorites. I need suggestions and stuff. So...yeah, I know it (especially Swampert) sucks.

EDIT: Added my two pokemon, sorry on the infraction(s). Here's my mostly complete future team. It is dying for help as you can see.

"Magmar@Leftovers
Flame Body
??? Nature
EVs: 170 Speed, 170 attack, 170 Special Attack..."

Good EV's on magmar is all i can say.

-dont use substitute on steelix
-that swampert set is more novelty, a set involving 4 of: EQ, icebeam, protect, sleeptalk, rest, hydro pump, surf, toxic, roar, curse, rock slide is much more effective. rest/stalk/eq/ice beam is a pretty good tank that covers a load, and would help your team in a few departments (absorbs status too)

-despite cradily/magar/kingdra being your favourites, you need to realise they just cant compete, especially when you're using standard sets like rain dance kingdra, or your cradily which isnt so much unsurprising, but set up fodder...

-erm. im tired so im going to bed and cant really say much more besides that i think u should read the team building guide, that helped most of us at one stage. you're team really doesnt look like it has a purpose or could sustain hits.

good team for Poke'

Here's an idea if you want to try a double battle:
(Yeah I know I used legendary poke's but the teams are still top notch if not a little cheap)

Groudon&Tropius AKA TeamSunnyBeam

Groudon
spec.abil:Drought
ATK's:Eruption/Fire Blast
Solarbeam
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Tropius
spec.abil:clorophyll <(probably spelled wrong)

ATK's:Fly/Aerial Ace
Solarbeam
Synthesis
Toxic

Groudon's Drought ability will cause a constant sunny day to of course take advantage of its fire move and its solarbeam. (you probably already knew that) but here's the good part- Tropius' ability Clorophyll raises speed in sunshine (groudon's drought), it can constantly solarbeam and get high power synthesis healings with the neverending sunny day (again- the Drought), And since Tropius is part flying, Groudon can launch a relentless string of earthquakes without hurting it's teammate.

Kyoge&Lanturn also work well Because of the obvious Thunder attack mixed with Drizzle for 100% accuracy,
and Kyogre's ice beam to take care of those pesky grass poke's (with two drizzle boosted hydropump/surfs who really cares about lanturn's weakness to ground types?)

-From Psydragon

Here's my competitive team so far. Please help in any way possible!

Crobat@Choice Band
Inner Focus
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 speed, 252 attack, 6 HP
~Shadow Ball
~Haze/Poison Fang
~Steel Wing
~Wing Attack

Sludge Bomb > Poison Fang/Haze
Aeriel Ace/HP Flying > Wing Attack
HP Ground/Fighting > Steel Wing.

Steelix@Leftovers
Sturdy
Impish Nature
EVs: HP 252, Defense 252, 6 Attack
~Earthquake
~Rock Slide
~Protect/Substitute
~Toxic/Explosion/HP Steel/Iron Tail???

Steelix needs less Def and more Att, or it won't really be damaging anything with anything but Toxic. I usually go for around 250 Att 500 Def (not sure what that is in EV's). You could use Protect/Toxic, I like Explosion/Roar.

Kingdra@Leftovers
Swift Swim
Modest Nature
EVs: 252 Special Attack, 252 HP, 6 Special Defense
~Rain Dance
~Dragonbreath
~Ice Beam
~Surf

Never used him, no idea. Sorry.

Cradily@Leftovers
Succion(sp) Cups
Calm Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Special Defense, 6 Special Attack
~HP Grass/Giga Drain
~Recover
~Amnesia
~Toxic

Magmar@Leftovers
Flame Body
??? Nature
EVs: 170 Speed, 170 attack, 170 Special Attack
~Thunderpunch/Psychic
~Flamethrower
~Cross Chop
~Iron Tail?

Seeing as Cradily has max SpD wouldn't Barrier make more sense than Amnesia, to boost the weaker stat?

I'm not sure about the nature or EV's on Magmar but Psychic > Iron Tail.

Whilst both Cradily and Magmar can be quite powerful in the UU metagame, they will have a tougher time against standard teams so you might want to consider replacing them.

Swampert (or a better bulky water)@Leftovers
Torrent
Adamant Nature
EVs: 252 HP, 126 Defense, 126 Special Defense
~Counter
~Mirror Coat
~Brick Break
~EQ

I'm probably wrong as I normally play UU but the standard Swampert uses a Relaxed nature and Earthquake/Surf/Ice Beam/ x (Protect/Roar/Rest) moveset.

There ya' go. Kinda unsure about this team. These are my favorites. I need suggestions and stuff. So...yeah, I know it (especially Swampert) sucks.

EDIT: Added my two pokemon, sorry on the infraction(s). Here's my mostly complete future team. It is dying for help as you can see.

On Cradily I thought Steelix would wall physiacl attacks so cradily would wall special attacks to make a good combo. I was thinking of replacing swampert. In fact, I really want to . Any suggestions?

A good replacement for Swampert is Quagsire. They are nearly identical (except for their stats of course) and Quagsire has the Water Absorb ability which comes in handy against the multitude of surf/hydropump attacks out there. And you can still have only 1 weakness with grass pokemon but the only attacks you really ever see are Leaf Blade from the hardly ever used Sceptile, and then Giga Drain which most trainers don't even use because of it's low PP and Leech Seed is much more popular anyways. Not to mention if you do run into Sceptile you can frost "Sir Leafybutt" with an ice beam.
Hope this helps !!!

-Psydragon:pimp:

Anyone else to take swampert's place? Actually I'd rather not have a water type. I was thinking a ghost like dusclops. Don't know though.

Ok... i thought about it really hard but i have to admit,...... i don't have the slightest idea what to do for a dusclops moveset, sorry BUT, I do have an alternative you could try. This is a popular one that i got from blueshirt 32's FAQ at:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/recognition/23997.html
That better be the right address or i'll drop a snorlax on its head.
Anyways, its called sporepunching You use a Breloom with spore and focus punch. Spore is extremely accurate for a sleep move (100% to be exact) and you can fire away with Focus Puch while the opponent is snoozing. It even gets a stab for being a fighting move.So you'll need:

Breloom-Quick claw (to use spore as soon as possible)
effect spore
-Focus Punch
-Spore
-HPGhost(for psychics)
-LeechSeed/BrickBreak/SkyUppercut (reccomended to hit opponents that use fly or bounce)

Also try to raise it's speed stat as much as possible in combo with the quick claw to make sure you always get the first move with spore.
That's all i got for now. in the meantime i'll see what i can dig up for some good ghost setups and get them back to you whenever i can

-Psydragon

The link didn't really take me anywhere...As for breloom I have used the combo it's just that would make my team incredibly vulnerable to starmie. Quick Claw is banned anyways...Thanks though. I need a pokemon like snorlax that can take a hit and unleash hits as well (but I hate snorlax). Someone like feraligatr...

The link didn't really take me anywhere...As for breloom I have used the combo it's just that would make my team incredibly vulnerable to starmie. Quick Claw is banned anyways...Thanks though. I need a pokemon like snorlax that can take a hit and unleash hits as well (but I hate snorlax). Someone like feraligatr...
Sorry, most of my experience is strictly link battles on game boy so i'm not familiar with the banned items
but if you can find the dang thing, blueshirt32's FAQ can really help. I went to gamefaqs.com through a google search to find it. i think i google pokemon movelist or something.... anyways see if you can find the FAQ on gamefaqs.com. it has multiple moveset options for every single pokemon you could ever want to use.
Just use ' Ctrl F ' when you're on it and then type the name of the pokemon you want followed twice by the space bar and then search. Hold on a second, let me find it and paste the feraligatr info for you.....

This is a direct quote from his FAQ (i think i have to say that because he has it copyrighted) Crap, i gotta get off now. don't worry, i'll hurry up and paste it

FERALIGATR

Impossible to spell, for the most part, but that's about it. It doesn't get
STAB on any of the physical moves, it's SA is pretty bad (base 79) for a
starter, and it certainly doesn't tank as well as Cune/Milotic/Vappy without
Bulk Up or CM. An interesting attacker though, it also seems to get an
extraordinary amount of hax.

FERALIGATR @ Lum Berry/Salac Berry
Torrent

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Return/Hydro Pump/Focus Punch
- Swords Dance

Ok, thanks. I'll look for the FAQ. I'm looking for someone with a couple offensive moves and a few defensive or support moves, like resttalk (insert pokemn's name here).

Ok, thanks. I'll look for the FAQ. I'm looking for someone with a couple offensive moves and a few defensive or support moves, like resttalk (insert pokemn's name here).
Ignore Gamefaq; its made of fail. If you are looking for a restalker; use Snorlax. If this competitive team is for netbattle, I suggest you remake. If its for battles against your friends, its fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)