Type Combos You Wish Existed (Hope Exist Later)

Hey, I'm reposting this after failing to realize that any attempt at even semi-normal post in firebot is ripped to shreds and becomes stupid within hours hehe.

On the topic of type combos yet to be explored through the 4th generation... There are still a lot out there and maybe some of you, like myself, have a few combos that you especially would like to see in reality. There are too many for me to go into all of them at once so I'll just post my top 3 desired type combos, briefly explain why such and such would be awesome to have in battle, and invite anyone to respond with why I'm an idiot (or a genius maybe). Also people could reply with their own top 3 or 5 or however many until we have every nonexistant type combination on this singular thread!! IT'LL BE GRAND!!!! ^____^

Anyway, my top 3...

3) Fire/Grass - Well they've put grass with just about every other type at this point so why not Fire I say! Pretty awesome coverage between those two types alone...I guess dragons point and laugh but oh well who doesn't pack at least one Ice move on their team am I right? No more ground, water, fire, or ice weaknesses. Just rock, bug, and flying two of which would be covered by a STABed attack. I liked the idea someone else had in my posting of this combo on firebot of some sort of flaming hot pepper or something...kinda cheesey but idk, I'd use it.

2) Fighting/Flying - Ever since I first saw staraptor with CC I realized the power of a bird/other flying type packing a fighting move. Having a decent flyer with a STABed fighting move would be lethal indeed. Also gets rid of a rock weakness which is a nice side effect.

3) Electric/Bug - Every time a new pokemon game has come out since the days of G/S I've been waiting to see this combo exist...needless to say now that the 4th generation is here and still no Electric/Bug I am infinitely disappointed in the geniuses who make these games. Seriously though, how could you not come up with this type combo by now? Hello??? Lightning bug anyone? I even remember seeing some pokemon that kind of looked lightning bug-esque but it was just a normal bug type. It just makes sense that it exist yet we still don't have one. I hearby claim sole rights to use it if it ever is created and also proclaim everyone else who uses one a giant poser.

Thanks for reading kids. And if this isn't the appropriate place for this kind of thread please just let me know and I'll put it there right away.

Hey, guess what? I've been waiting for an Electric Bug too. Awesome typing actually, since Electric removes the flying weakness, and Bug removes Electric's Ground weakness. (Rock and Fire leftover.)

Electric/Ghost and Ghost/Dark were their most genius, but I'm still waiting for something like a Steel/Dark, or Dark/Bug (because bugs need more love.)

(On an unrelated note, Poison should be super-effective on bug...)

Water/Steel with Levitate. Basically owns anything not using fighting/electric moves. I think it has 2 weakness, 2 normal, 8 2x resists, 2 4x resists and 2 immunities. This is what Suicune should have been. (and give it recover, too)

Ghost/Steel: Immune to fighting, normal, and poison; if it got Levitate, then ground as well. 4x resists bug and resists rock, steel, psychic, flying, grass, and dragon. Wouldn't that be a killer tank?

Grass/Dragon: Don't ask.

Bug/Dragon: Again, don't ask.

Dark/Fighting: Just because.

Normal/Ghost: Only weak to dark and immune to Ghost/Fighting combo.

Hey, guess what? I've been waiting for an Electric Bug too. Awesome typing actually, since Electric removes the flying weakness, and Bug removes Electric's Ground weakness. (Rock and Fire leftover.)

Electric/Ghost and Ghost/Dark were their most genius, but I'm still waiting for something like a Steel/Dark, or Dark/Bug (because bugs need more love.)

(On an unrelated note, Poison should be super-effective on bug...)
YES!!! That's it exactly...it makse so much sense from not only a logical point of view but from a typing view as well. I might make an exception and let you use a future electrig bug too...but we'll have to be picky as to who else we allow to use it hehehe...they must demonstrate they fully appreciate such a wonderful combination.

Flying.

How come we are 4 generations in without a pure flying type. And nobody say Arceus.

I would also like to see more fire combos, especially, for some reason, Fire/Water. But the ones suggested so far are genrally better.

Fire/Dragon: Oh god, this is the most obvious type matchup ever.

Flying.

How come we are 4 generations in without a pure flying type. And nobody say Arceus.

I would also like to see more fire combos, especially, for some reason, Fire/Water. But the ones suggested so far are genrally better.
Keckleon.

I've always had an adoration for Psychic types, so were I to decide a combo for the next gen, it would definately have to be Psychic/Dark. A 4x Bug weakness is a little pain, but the benefits would be far more overwhelming. No fighting or ghost weakness!!! Course, judging by the image that keeps poping into my head, this would be uber.

I wished that charizard would be dragon/fire I mean flyind doesn't help him after all moreover it looks more like a dragon. I also want ou drought users. psychic/fire, drizzle water/bug and for some reason I want to see dark/steel. I mean something very strong as like tyranitar it would be an easy bait with mach punch.

Fire/Grass is also weak to Poison, vanilla. But nobody really cares about a poison weakness :P

Ghost/Psychic, I meen come one, how could they have not come up with this yet? I guess it's not that great of a combo though. It has a double weakness to Pursuit and it's own STAB attack O_o

Ice/Poison: Don't ask, I know it has 7 weaknesses but it'd be a cool combo.

EDIT: I'm still trying to find a type combo that has more than 7 weaknesses or more than 2 double weaknesses D: But I don't think there are any. I think GF cleverly designed the type chart to make sure that never happens or something.

Electric/Bug and Fire/Bug could have easily been done with Volbeat and Illumise. o.o; Nintendo isn't really creative when it comes to type combos. ><;

I wished that charizard would be dragon/fire I mean flyind doesn't help him after all moreover it looks more like a dragon. I also want ou drought users. psychic/fire, drizzle water/bug and for some reason I want to see dark/steel. I mean something very strong as like tyranitar it would be an easy bait with mach punch.
If Char was Dragon/Fire, though, Hollow would lose half of his reason for existing. GameFreak would never do that to me.

Besides, it's been four generations.

Mehbeh all the starters should receive an alternate third evolution with awesome typings and better movesets. Like an alternate Typhlosion with Fire/Grass, good attack stats, and access to LeafBlade... *drools*

Oh yeah. Poison/Steel would be cool, especially if it had levitate then that'd leave it only weak to Fire. It could be some kind of oil drum thing or something.

Ghost/Steel: Immune to fighting, normal, and poison; if it got Levitate, then ground as well. 4x resists bug and resists rock, steel, psychic, flying, grass, and dragon. Wouldn't that be a killer tank?

Grass/Dragon: Don't ask.
Alternitive sceptile Evo
Bug/Dragon: Again, don't ask.
Alternitive ariados Evo
Dark/Fighting: Just because.
New Hitmon
Normal/Ghost: Only weak to dark and immune to Ghost/Fighting combo.
Bannettes new Evo (fuck you dusknoir!!)
I think a water-Flying could work BUT instead of some weird trait it could have voltabsorb! (mantine Evo?)

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Fire/Dragon: Come on, admit it. This is the most obvious combination for Dragon, and it isn't too bad competitively either. Fire+Dragon offers good type coverage, and Fire removes Dragon's weakness to Ice.

Grass/Dragon: Make it a physical attacker, and we're set. Though it has that 4x Ice weakness, the most common purveyors of such attacks are Water types, which are hit hard by STAB Grass.

Fire/Bug: Contrary to popular belief, this would not be a firefly; only 4% of the firefly's electromagnetic energy is released in the form of heat. Rather, it would be a bombardier beetle, which releases a boiling fluid in defense. Yeah, blahblahblah enough biology.

I'm also hoping the next generation will have a Dark type legendary trio.

Ghost/Fire: Many ghosts are pictured as flames of sorts, so it makes sense.

Psychic/Fire: Incredibly bad, but it could be a pyromancer of sorts.

Ghost/Fighting: Just because.

It's already been mentioned, but Electric/Ice and a decent special attacking stat. STAB BoltBeam. Hoorah. And just picture it. . . An electric icicle =D

Dark/Poison + Levitate. This should be Weezing's evo. No weaknesses, great physical defensive stats, good support movepool, etc. Teh pwnage.

Electric/Ground. ^_^ Don't really know if it'd be any good, but it'd be a cool novelty idea.

Electric/Anything, because, at the moment, there's what, 4 dual-typed electrics in the game? (Lanturn, Zapdos, Rotom, Magnezone)

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Water/Bug-- lets see, in this REAL world there are water beetles, water spiders, water scorpians, and a host of aquatic insect larvae that are all bad-ass predators, some of them being able to take down larger creatures than them like frogs and mice. Dragonfly larvae are the terror of anything aquatic that's the same size or smaller. Most host awesome speed, and a ridiculous amount of strength for their size.

It's time yanma gets a de-evolution with the same base stat total as yanmega but arranged to be a physical sweeper. >D

Or better yet, a water beetle with stats similar to heracross. >D

Water + Bug has pretty damn good coverage, especially if (since it'd be a water poke) they could get some ice attacks too, like ice fang. It'd also loose grase and fire weaknesses (leaving poison, flying, rock and electric).

Dragon/Fire is one I've always been wanting to see as well. In any case, I just want to see ANY usable dragon that doesn't look stupid . . .

Bug/Dragon; Yanmega's evolution? lol. It would just look cool.

Steel/Ghost; preferably with Levitate. The most annoying wall ever. Immune to SS, four immunities, and should have awesome defensive stats.

Ghost/Normal; I always wanted something typed like this, and the idea someone gave of it being Banette's evolution just makes it overall much more awesome.

Water/Fire: Blastoise alternate evo, like a 5th gen stone or something used on Wartortle. It gains a Ground and Rock weakness, but loses its Grass weakness and would probably be able to use Flamthrower or Fire Fang. All that in addition to looking awesome.

Grass/Ghost: IIRC, this one doesn't exist yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. Your Ivysaur died, and now it's badass. STABed Grass and Ghost make it so that this would be a thing to be feared. While it may not be the best type matchup, it would still kick ass.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Water/Bug-- lets see, in this REAL world there are water beetles, water spiders, water scorpians, and a host of aquatic insect larvae that are all bad-ass predators, some of them being able to take down larger creatures than them like frogs and mice. Dragonfly larvae are the terror of anything aquatic that's the same size or smaller. Most host awesome speed, and a ridiculous amount of strength for their size.
Quit making fun of Surskit! Heh, even if he does suck, he is deemed at THE bug/water type. =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)