Durant (QC 2/2 GP 2/2)

[Overview]

<p>When you think of Durant, you think of that one annoying Pokemon that appears on Victory Road. However, it is much more than that; Durant is one of the most underrated Pokemon in the VGC 2012 metagame. With the right support and effective play, Durant can be one of the most unexpected threats in the metagame.</p>

[SET]
name: Risk and Reward Attacker
move 1: Iron Head
move 2: X-Scissor
move 3: Rock Slide
move 4: Crunch / Protect
item: Focus Sash
ability: Hustle / Swarm
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential vary depending upon which ability you use; with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost at the cost of a drop in accuracy, negating the effects of Intimidate. Swarm Durant's Attack is still respectable, but the only move that receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB move, as it has a chance to flinch an opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB move, X-Scissor, can do massive damage to many common VGC 2012 Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, and many others. While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of Durant's counters, such as Chandelure and Volcarona. A set with Hustle should use Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature is necessary in order to outspeed common threats such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Zapdos, and other fast Pokemon. 252 EVs are put into both Attack and Speed to emphasize Durant's two best stats, and the remaining 4 EVs are put in Defense due to Durant's naturally high Defense.</p>

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn that the teammate is sent out. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing most Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage due to Durant's extremely low Special Defense, and Chandelure gets rid of most of the Steel-types that give Durant a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity is useful if Durant is using Hustle in order to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can use Helping Hand will make sure that Durant gets an extra boost in Attack even without using Hustle. Fighting-type partners are also good as they take out the Steel-type Pokemon that wall Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no secondary effect to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also, with Hustle, Durant can use Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off due to its overall frailty. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the damage spread of Rock Slide, but it's still powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang is also an option, but Rock Slide is generally the better move for getting rid of Flying-types. Durant can also use a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with Hustle for extra Speed or power, respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, Wide Lens can be an option, but Focus Sash is the safer and generally better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STAB attacks and take neutral damage from the rest of its moves; they can then take Durant down to its Focus Sash and KO it the next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or another priority move. Nearly anything with a high Special Attack stat will knock Durant down to its Focus Sash with a neutral move, and Durant's awkward base 109 Speed stat means that special attackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus will easily outspeed it. Priority attacks, such as Scizor's Bullet Punch, and hail will also KO Durant after its Focus Sash is activated. If Durant cannot knock out a Trick Room user, Trick Room teams will walk all over it. Defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Durant receives Truant from the Dream World. While Truant can be used in conjunction with Entrainment, this strategy is gimmicky and Durant can be used for better things.</p>

A few things:
-Swarm should be the first ability, a miss can lose you the game.
-Wide Lens should be slashed behind Focus Sash, minimizing the chance you have of missing if Hustle is used.
-You should expand the analysis, you have nothing listed in AC besides teammates, and additional choices that are better than OO are more than half of that section.
And on an unrelated note:
-Why is it Risk vs. Reward? It should be Risk and Reward, actually, make it something that's not luck related, as that will turn attention away from it.

To be honest, i don't see much use in Iron Head in VGC... Most things will get hit harder by either X-Scissor or Rock Slide in case of super effectiveness. The downside is, that its movepool isn't that great so I don't see many other options.. I'd either put T-Wave on it or maybe even Guillotine (which is allowed in VGC and definately can become some sort of last resort button, when there's nothing to lose anymore).

Alaka

formerly Alakapimp
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I disagree that Swarm is better, Hustle making it really strong is its best niche.

Did some more edits and I added Telekinesis users in Additional Comments, mentioning of Choice Items in OO, and put in the DW section.

It's still an issue of huge debate I've had for awhile at whether Swarm or Hustle is better for this thing. In my personal experience Hustle has been more useful for me.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This year, I think Hustle has a much stronger place, as the meta has alot more bulk in it across the board, particularly in comparison to '11. I usually run Swarm though, as I can't stand a crucial miss, and with sash, you'll be in swarm territory after taking a hit, making Durant's X-Scissor quite a decent hit, even if it's neutral.

If you are using Hustle though, there is the option of using Gravity. I tried this really early on, and the accuracy change of Gravity, more than makes up for the drop thanks to hustle, so you're back on level pegging. You should probably also mention a Flash Fire abuser in the options for partners. People love htrowing out HeatWave to polish off the ant, but may think twice if it'll boost the partners power in return. Just a thought.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Note how almost anything with a strong special attack can take Durant down. (lol Base 48 Special Defense)
Yeah, this is a glaringly obvious problem, so I don't see how there can many other options than Focus Sash for the item, as nice as Wide Lens would be.

Yeeeeah I had a feeling Wide Lens isn't the best thing Durant can hold. Moved to OO.

Also added the mention of other Flash Fire users and Gravity in ACs, and Durant's Special Attack weakness in C&Cs.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
mention Heatran as a counter as well, partners that have helping hand can make sure that durant gets an extra boost, fighting type partners are also pretty cool for taking out steel-types that durant cant really hit

QC 1/2

Priority attacks (Scizor's Bullet Punch, Abomasnow's Ice Shard, etc.) give Durant trouble either before or after its Focus Sash is used up. Hail's residual damage can also be used in conjunction with an attack to take care of Durant in 1 turn.

I'd also mention how 109 base speed is kind of awkward because Pokemon such as the Lati@s and Tornadus/Thundurus barely outspeed you. However, it's still nice enough for you to outspeed stuff like Terrakion, Garchomp, Zapdos, etc.

Wide Guard protects Durant from Heat Wave/Discharge/EQ/Rock Slide and can help it out. Durant also gives you a decent amount of coverage, hitting Pokemon like Cresselia, Tyranitar, Ludicolo and the Lati@s for a ton of damage. It fares decently well against Steel-type Pokemon compared to it in singles because the Steel-type often has a 2nd type which Durant can hit for SE damage. (Rock Slide vs. Scizor, X-Scissor vs. Metagross, etc.) This is kind of awkwardly worded but I hope you get at what I'm trying to say here.

Also, some small nitpicks that are really for GP but whatever:

evs: 4 HP/252 Attk/252 Speed --> evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Fake-Out --> Fake Out
Faint-Attack --> Faint Attack
Stone-Edge --> Stone Edge
Space between [Unreleased] and the paragraph itself

Good work, just make sure you cover the points I touched up there!

QC 2/2

remove
add / replace with
<quick comments>

[Overview]

<p>Durant is somewhat of an odd Pokemon: while it is faster than its Bug(space)/(space)Steel cousin Scizor and has access to Rock Slide, arguably one of the best spread moves in VGC 2012, its two options can either outpower it but cause Durant to be more based on luck, or be weaker but more confident on its attacks.<what is this saying? i don't get it (outpower isn't a word D:)> Playing with the metallic ant reflects your playstyle in generalone's playstyle.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP /252 Attk / 252 Speed4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential variesvary depending upon what ability you use:;(semicolon) with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost, neglecting the effects of Intimidate, but it looses some of its accuracy, so it's more based on luckat the cost of some accuracy, neglecting the effects of Intimidate. Swarm Durant's Attack is still respectable, but not as shocking, and the only move that is boosted when you go down to your sash is X-Scissorthat receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB, as it has a chance of a flinchto flinch the opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB,(comma) X-Scissor,(comma) can do massive damage to many common VGC Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, among others and more. Rock Slide, while a bit risky with Hustle,While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of itsDurant's counters likesuch as Chandelure and Volcarona. The Hustle set should carry Crunch as its 4th movepool option, seeing as it's all about attack, but the Swarm set should have Protect seeing as an extra turn Durant can survive in is good.A set with Hustle should carry Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature is needednecessary in order to outspeed common threats such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Zapdos, and other fast Pokemon.<what about the evs? what do they do?></p>

<p>Almost any Fake Out user,(comma) such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak,(comma) will allow Durant's frailness one less thing to worry about first turn, as it will allow concentration to the foe's partner to start bashing on<whaaa?>. The absorbtion bags Chandelure and Gastrodon also help out Durant: they both deal with Durant's main issues such as Sun and Rain teams with ease, especially Gastrodon, since almost any special Water moves will KO it with ease. Other Flash Fire abusers can be considered, but Chandelure is generally the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity can also be considered with Hustle, to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can abuse Helping Hand will make sure Durant gets an extra boost, and Fighting-type partners take out the Steel-type Pokemon that wall it out.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no ability to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also with Hustle you can run Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the spread of Rock Slide, but it's powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang can also be put on, but Rock Slide is generally the better move to get rid of Flying-types. It can also learn Thunder Wave, but Durant should always be about Attack and not support. Running a Choice Scarf or Band with the Hustle set can also be considered, if you want the extra speed/power. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, a Wide Lens can be held, but Focus Sash is the safer option.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STABs and take neutral damage all the rest of its moves, while knocking it down to its sash and then finishing it next turn with ExtremeSpeed or Mach Punch. Nearly anything with a high-enough Special Attack will knock it down to its sash if the move hits for neutral, and Durant's awkward 109 speed means it will easily be outsped by Latios, Latias, and Thundurus. Priority attacks such as Scizor's Bullet Punch get rid of Durant's Sash or kill it off quick if it's already knocked down to its Sash. Hail will also have a similar effect on Durant's Focus Sash. If Durant does not knock out the Trick Room setup, TR completely ends it. Chandelure, despite taking super-effective damage from Rock Slide, resists the partner's Fake Out, causing its Heat Wave to rain on Durant's parade. Highly-defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and, in general, most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Durant receives Truant from the Dream World. Truant is an absolutely worthless ability, and although it can be copied off with Entrainment, this is extremely gimmicky and Durant has much, much better things to do.</p>
Hmm, some of this is extremely difficult to read. Especially when I get farther through, there is some stuff that doesn't make sense. I'm afraid I may have to request a re-write.

remove
add/replace with
<quick comments>

[Overview]

<p>When one thinksyou think of Durant, theyyou<i know you wanted "one," but one ≠ they so i changed> think of that one annoying Pokemon that appears on Victory Road. However, it is much more than that:;(colon -> semicolon) Durant is one of the most underrated Pokemon in the VGC formatmetagame. With the right support and when played with effectivelyeffective play, Durant can be one of the most unexpected threats in the metagame.</p>

[SET]
evs: 4 HP / 252 AttkAtk / 252 SpeedSpe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential variesvary depending upon what ability you use:;(semicolon) with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost, neglecting the effects of Intimidate, but it looses some of its accuracy, so it's more based on luckat the cost of some accuracy, neglecting the effects of Intimidate. Swarm Durant's Attack is still respectable, but not as shocking, and the only move that is boosted when you go down to your sash is X-Scissorthat receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB, as it has a chance of a flinchto flinch the opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB,(comma) X-Scissor,(comma) can do massive damage to many common VGC Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, among others and more. Rock Slide, while a bit risky with Hustle,While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of itsDurant's counters likesuch as Chandelure and Volcarona. The Hustle set should carry Crunch as its 4th movepool option, seeing as it's all about attack, but the Swarm set should have Protect seeing as an extra turn Durant can survive in is good.A set with Hustle should carry Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p><you didn't change much content here so i just c/ped the original paragraph though i know you did correct a bit of it>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature is necessary in order to outspeed common threats such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Zapdos, and other fast Pokemon. 252 EVs are put in both Attack and Speed to emphasize Durant's two best stats, and the remaining 4 EVs are put in Defense due to Durant's naturally-(hyphen)high Defense.</p>

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, allow Durant to pull off a free hit first-turn against the treats that outspeed it initially, such as Latios, Ludicolo in the rain, Thundurus, and others.Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn the teammate is sent out on. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage to Durant, and Chandelure rids Durant of most of the Steel-types that give it a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire abusers can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity can also be considered with Hustle Durant,(comma) to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can abuseuse Helping Hand will make sure Durant gets an extra boost <boost in what?>even with the Swarm set, and Fighting-type partners take out the Steel-type Pokemon that will, again, wall out Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no ability to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also,(comma) with Hustle,(comma) youDurant can run Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off,(comma) due to the overall frailness of Durant. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the spread of Rock Slide, but it's powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang can also be used, but Rock Slide is generally the better move to get rid of Flying-types. Running a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with the Hustle set can also be considered, if you want the extra speed/powerfor extra Speed or power respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, a Wide Lens can be held, but Focus Sash is the safer, and generally better, option.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STABs and take neutral damage all the rest of its moves, while knockingthey can take it down to its Focus Sash and then finishingKO it on next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or any other priority move. Nearly anything with a high-enoughhigh Special Attack will knock it down to its sashFocus Sash if the move hits for neutral damage, and Durant's awkward 109 speed means it will easily be outsped by Special Attackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus. Priority attacks such as Scizor's Bullet Punch get rid of Durant's Sash or kill it off quick if it's already knocked down to its Sash<you've said this a few times. priority = dead bug>. Hail will also have a similar effect on Durant's Focus Sash. If Durant does not knock out thea Trick Room setupuser, teams that run around said move completely end it. Highly-defensiveDefensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and, in general, most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Durant receives Truant from the Dream World. Truant is an absolutely worthless ability, and although it can be copied off with Entrainment, this is extremely gimmicky, and Durant has much, much better things to doWhile Truant can be used in conjunction with Entrainment, this strategy is gimmicky and Durant can be used for better things.</p>
good work. i suggest you check out the spelling and grammar standards to aid you in future analyses

GP 1/2

Amateur GP Check

[Overview]

<p>When you think of Durant, you think of that one annoying Pokemon that appears on Victory Road. However, it is much more than that; Durant is one of the most underrated Pokemon in the VGC 2012 metagame. With the right support and effective play, Durant can be one of the most unexpected threats in the metagame.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential vary depending upon whatich ability you use; with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost at the cost of somea drop in accuracy, neglecting the effects of Intimidate.Swarm Durant's Attack The Attack of Durant with Swarm is still respectable, but not as shocking, and the only move that receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB move, as it has a chance to flinch an opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB move, X-Scissor, can do massive damage to many common VGC 2012 Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, amongnd many others. While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of Durant's counters, such as Chandelure and Volcarona. A set with Hustle should carryuse Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>A Jolly nature is necessary in order to outspeed common threats such as Terrakion, Garchomp, Zapdos, and other fast Pokemon. 252 EVs are put into both Attack and Speed to emphasize Durant's two best stats, and the remaining 4 EVs are put in Defense due to Durant's naturally high Defense.</p>

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn that the teammate is sent out on. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing most Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage, and Chandelure rids Durant due to Durant's extremely low Special Defense, and Chandelure gets rid of most of the Steel-types that give iDurant a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity can also be considered with Hustleif Durant is using Hustle in order to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can use Helping Hand will make sure that Durant gets an extra boost in Attack even with the Swarm set, andout using Hustle. Fighting-type partners are also good as they take out the Steel-type Pokemon that will, again, wall Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no abilitysecondary effect to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also, with Hustle, Durant can runuse Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off due to the overall frailness of Durant. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the damage spread of Rock Slide, but it's still powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang can also be used, but Rock Slide is generally the better move to getfor getting rid of Flying-types. RunnUsing a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with the Hustle set can also be considered, for extra Speed or power respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, Wide Lens can be heldan option, but Focus Sash is the safer, and generally better, option.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STABs and take neutral damage from all of the rest of its moves, while; they can then take iDurant down to its Focus Sash and then KO it the next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or any other priority move. Nearly anything with a high Special Attack stat will knock iDurant down to its Focus Sash if the move hits for neutral damage, and Durant's awkward base 109 sSpeed stat means that it will easily be outsped by Special Attackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus. Priority attacks, such as Scizor's Bullet Punch, and Hhail will also have a similar effect on Durant's Focus SashKO Durant after its Focus Sash is activated. If Durant does cannot knock out a Trick Room user, teams that run around said move completely endTrick Room teams will walk all over it. Defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and, in general, most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

<p>Durant receives Truant from the Dream World. While Truant can be used in conjunction with Entrainment, this strategy is gimmicky and Durant can be used for better things.</p>

[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential vary depending upon which ability you use; with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost at the cost of a drop in accuracy, neglecting the effects of Intimidate. The Attack of Durant with Swarm is still respectable, but the only move that receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB move, as it has a chance to flinch an opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB move, X-Scissor, can do massive damage to many common VGC 2012 Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, and many others. While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of Durant's counters, such as Chandelure and Volcarona. A set with Hustle should use Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn that the teammate is sent out. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing most Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage due to Durant's extremely low Special Defense, and Chandelure gets rid of most of the Steel-types that give Durant a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity can also be considered if Durant is using Hustle in order to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can use Helping Hand will make sure that Durant gets an extra boost in Attack even without using Hustle. Fighting-type partners are also good as they take out the Steel-type Pokemon that will wall Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no secondary effect to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also, with Hustle, Durant can use Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off due to the overall frailness of Durant. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the damage spread of Rock Slide, but it's still powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang can also be used, but Rock Slide is generally the better move for getting rid of Flying-types. Using a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with the Hustle set can also be considered for extra Speed or power respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, Wide Lens can be an option, but Focus Sash is the safer, and generally better, option.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STABs and take neutral damage from all of the rest of its moves; they can then take Durant down to its Focus Sash and then KO it the next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or another priority move. Nearly anything with a high Special Attack stat will knock Durant down to its Focus Sash if the move hits for neutral damage, and Durant's awkward base 109 Speed stat means that it will easily be outsped by Special Attackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus. Priority attacks, such as Scizor's Bullet Punch, and hail will also KO Durant after its Focus Sash is activated. If Durant cannot knock out a Trick Room user, Trick Room teams will walk all over it. Defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

working on top of DC's check

good work! the only consistent error I changed was the passive voice; it's fine sometimes, but active voice is usually better.

[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential vary depending upon which ability you use; with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost at the cost of a drop in accuracy, neglecating the effects of Intimidate. The Attack of Durant with SwarmSwarm Durant's Attack (Sorry DC but I don't see the necessity of this change, and the original wording flows a lot better imo) is still respectable, but the only move that receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB move, as it has a chance to flinch an opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB move, X-Scissor, can do massive damage to many common VGC 2012 Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, and many others. While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of Durant's counters, such as Chandelure and Volcarona. A set with Hustle should use Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn that the teammate is sent out. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing most Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage due to Durant's extremely low Special Defense, and Chandelure gets rid of most of the Steel-types that give Durant a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity can also be consideredis useful if Durant is using Hustle in order to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can use Helping Hand will make sure that Durant gets an extra boost in Attack even without using Hustle. Fighting-type partners are also good as they take out the Steel-type Pokemon that will wall Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no secondary effect to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also, with Hustle, Durant can use Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off due to theits overall frailness of Durantty. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the damage spread of Rock Slide, but it's still powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang canis also be usedan option, but Rock Slide is generally the better move for getting rid of Flying-types. UsingDurant can also use a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with the Hustle set can also be considered for extra Speed or power,(comma) respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, Wide Lens can be an option, but Focus Sash is the safer,(remove comma) and generally better, option choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STAB attacks and take neutral damage from all of the rest of its moves; they can then take Durant down to its Focus Sash and then KO it the next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or another priority move. Nearly anything with a high Special Attack stat will knock Durant down to its Focus Sash if the move hits forwith a neutral damagmove, and Durant's awkward base 109 Speed stat means that it will easily be outsped by Sspecial Aattackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus will easily outspeed it. Priority attacks, such as Scizor's Bullet Punch, and hail will also KO Durant after its Focus Sash is activated. If Durant cannot knock out a Trick Room user, Trick Room teams will walk all over it. Defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

[Overview]

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Durant's power and potential vary depending upon which ability you use; with Hustle, it gets a free Attack boost at the cost of a drop in accuracy, negating the effects of Intimidate. Swarm Durant's Attack is still respectable, but the only move that receives a boost when Durant's Focus Sash activates is X-Scissor. Iron Head is Durant's best STAB move, as it has a chance to flinch an opponent. Its other aforementioned STAB move, X-Scissor, can do massive damage to many common VGC 2012 Pokemon such as Latios, Tyranitar, Cresselia, Ludicolo, and many others. While Rock Slide is risky with Hustle, it gives trouble to most of Durant's counters, such as Chandelure and Volcarona. A set with Hustle should use Crunch in the last moveslot because attacking prowess is necessary, but a set with Swarm always appreciates survivability, so Protect is the alternative option.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Almost any Fake Out user, such as Hitmontop, Infernape, and Toxicroak, can allow Durant to hit faster opponents, such as Latios, Ludicolo, and Thundurus, on the first turn that the teammate is sent out. Gastrodon helps Durant tremendously by absorbing most Water-type moves that would normally deal massive damage due to Durant's extremely low Special Defense, and Chandelure gets rid of most of the Steel-types that give Durant a lot of trouble. Other Pokemon with Flash Fire can be considered, but Chandelure is the best at the job. A partner that can use Telekinesis or Gravity is useful if Durant is using Hustle in order to alleviate the accuracy loss. Partners that can use Helping Hand will make sure that Durant gets an extra boost in Attack even without using Hustle. Fighting-type partners are also good as they take out the Steel-type Pokemon that wall Durant.</p>

[Other Options]

<p>If running the Hustle set, Faint Attack can be considered. While it has 20 less Base Power than Crunch and no secondary effect to lower Defense, it is guaranteed to hit. Also, with Hustle, Durant can use Hone Claws, though it is tricky to pull off due to its overall frailty. Stone Edge has less accuracy and lacks the damage spread of Rock Slide, but it's still powerful enough to be considered. Thunder Fang is also an option, but Rock Slide is generally the better move for getting rid of Flying-types. Durant can also use a Choice Scarf or Choice Band with Hustle for extra Speed or power, respectively. If you're still having issues with the accuracy loss, Wide Lens can be an option, but Focus Sash is the safer and generally better choice.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Infernape, Blaziken, Conkeldurr, Hariyama, and Lucario take minimal damage from Durant's STAB attacks and take neutral damage from the rest of its moves; they can then take Durant down to its Focus Sash and KO it the next turn with ExtremeSpeed, Mach Punch, or another priority move. Nearly anything with a high Special Attack stat will knock Durant down to its Focus Sash with a neutral move, and Durant's awkward base 109 Speed stat means that special attackers such as Latios, Latias, and Thundurus will easily outspeed it. Priority attacks, such as Scizor's Bullet Punch, and hail will also KO Durant after its Focus Sash is activated. If Durant cannot knock out a Trick Room user, Trick Room teams will walk all over it. Defensive Pokemon such as Ferrothorn and most Steel-type Pokemon will cause trouble, although Durant can hit Metagross and Scizor neutrally for respectable damage.</p>

[Unreleased]

GP APPROVED 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)