Not open for further replies.
Approved by Ditto
----

The VGC '98 Tournament: Round 4

Round 1
Round 2
Round 3
Round 4

It’s time for a VGC 2011 style metagame with a retro twist. Fight with your original 151 favorites in a modern way!

Rules:
  • 5th Gen flat battles, Doubles 4v4, Level 50. One Battle, single elimination.
  • Species Clause: A Player may not have two of the same Pokemon on their team.
  • Item Clause: A Player may not have the same item on two or more of his or her Pokemon
  • Self-KO Clause: If a player’s last Pokemon faints due to Explosion, sort of recoil, or faints after using Destiny Bond and brings down the opponent’s last Pokemon, the last Pokemon of those two to faint, wins.
  • Sky Drop Clause: No Pokemon may know Sky Drop.
  • Please use legitimate Pokemon if possible.
    • For those of you who would like to enter the tournament with legal hacks, you absolutely must make sure they are completely battle legal. This includes but is not limited to level / movepool / Pokeball restraints. Making your Pokemon battle legal is entirely your burden, do not ask for assistance here.
    • If your opponent reports you using illegal hacks, you will be disqualified and possibly blacklisted!
  • Wonder Launcher is set to off.
Please note that in the style of VGC tournements, the Sleep and Evasion Clauses are OFF.

Banlists:
  • Pokemon: #150-649 are banned (all Pokemon above Gen 1 + Mewtwo + Mew)
  • Abilities: Unreleased Dream World abilities and Drought (due to lack of opposing permaweather) are banned.

Tournament Schedule:
Your match is due by 11:59:59 PM EST of the end date!
May 7th - May 21st: Round 1
Field of 24
May 21st -June 4th
Field of 12 Several byes will probably be given out this round to narrow it down to 8 players
June 4th - June 11th
Field of 8
June 11th - June 18th
Semifinals
June 18th - June 25th
Finals!

Here we go, just one more round of matches after this!

Round 4 Pairings:

Eiganjo: 0132 0995 2233 vs Slashmolder: 4556 0047 5591
Biosci: 2065 2649 9332 vs El Scorcho: (Ask for FC)

Slashmolder vs Rukario will be decided on a Coin Flip if not decided by Thursday.

You only have one week to get your match done.

PM YOUR OPPONENT RIGHT NOW!

Biosci

Danger!?
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 3rd Smogon VGC Tournamentis a Past SCL Champion
gg El Scorcho won 2-0 in a really good game, nice team!

I'm gonna get you Eiganjo >:o

Also thank you to those who think I can win this!

With only two opponents left, I don't think anyone will oppose if I speed things up and get the final round posted. It's just about time for this Kanto clash to end!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)