Road to Revolution(Peaked 3rd place on P-Showdown)

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Made by Phantòm(Maddaffacca)

Hi Smogon! I'm new on this community,I'm an italian battler that has been playing for 1 year. This is my first RMT! I want to show you this team because I had some awesome results on Showdown,peaking 3rd place with it in only one day. It is a Balanced Sand team... Take a look at the team:

In depth look:

Tyranitar (F) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge

The lead of the team. When there was Genesect, this set of ttar was not very useful because in the first turn ttar was placing the stealth rock (maybe) and in the second turn he was already dead. Now that Genesect is Uber,I can use this Ttar set with confidence. Stealth Rock, obviously, because they are necessary for any team, Pursuit to trap Latios / Latias that, without ttar, massacres this team. Crunch for more power, also allows me to take advantage of the berry against an opponent's hypothetical Reuniclus for example. Then Stone Edge, preferred to ice beam and fire blast for the simple reason that it is a good stab and also does the same job as ice beam, It doesn't allow the setup of the dragons and helps me against Volcarona and other stuff.

Rotom-W @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split
- Will-O-Wisp

Do you know him? With BW2 I think so, yes. I'm talking about SdefRotom-w. Very easy to use, especially in this team since he acts as a barrier against tornadus or Heatran (not only them of course). Hydro Pump is an obvious move for Rotom-W, which is a powerful stab which transforms this small pokemon with little special atk (in this case) in a good killer for some pokemon as Hippowdown, Landorus and so on. I use Volt Switch mainly as a combo to let Terrakion in and spam the hell, also allows me to scout the opposing team, it makes me rest a bit from the predicts that this team needs to perform. Pain Split for more bulkyness being a fundamental piece to eliminate tornadus and finally Will-O-Wisp, I preferred it to thunder wave for the simple reason that one SD Scizor can destroy the whole team. I do not think there's much to say other than this!

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 116 Def / 148 Spd
Impish Nature
- Fling
- Protect
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

He is the jewel of the team. It is usually the one that needs the most use of predict in this team. This extravagant set allows me to do crazy things like the baitkilling of Breloom in only one turn: who would expect Acrobatics on a Gliscor with toxic orb as item? No one, in fact the 100% of Breloom found, took it in the ass by this Gliscor (protect to enforce the toxic orb at the start of the game and then acrobatics). I don't need acrobatics just for Breloom of course, but also to deal with most of the other Fighting and Grass types that I use to take care with Gliscor. Fling works in conjunction with acrobatics, letting me poisoning the opponent and firing off full power acrobatics .. Earthquake is the obvious stab and to help the recovery of Gliscor's life I use Protect, necessary for taking care of Terrakion and other powerful sweeper! The evs in speed,are 148 for outspeedding jolly breloom. Thx to Luck>Skill for the set (<3)

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Trick / Ice Punch
- Fire Punch

ScarfRachi is essential in this team, it finish the game,increases the overall speed of the team and allows me to have a better control over tornadus. Iron head is the common stab, U-turn for scout, escape from Magnezone and allow a safe entry for Terrakion (as said also for Rotom), Fire Punch for the annoying Nattorei and Scizor and finally trick, to be more prepared against the stall. It's a good move, I have always believed that ice punch should be fixed in Jirachi's scarf set, but also trick is not bad (at least in this team). It's a pleasure to use this set, it is also efficient, fast and functional on all occasions, despite Skarmory, Forretress, Heatran, Bronzong, etc. .. Stop him. Ice punch is a good variant suggested by Alexander that helps me against Dragon Dancer Dragon!

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I had doubts about him but he let me won a lot of battles with this set.At the beginning of this team I've used it so far-fetched: in sandstorm without any recovery moves. Then I realized that with a similar set, surf was useless because it allowed me to hit only Ttar with a 3hko not even 2hko .Ttar wasn't a trouble for this team,so I replaced Surf with Recover. Draco Meteor is destructive, I use it on everything, even on an hypothetical scarfrachi entering (takes about 50% percent of damage). Psyshock another stab useful, it allows me to hit hard an infinite number of pokemon, just a few: Keldeo, Tentacruel, etc ... Hidden Power Fire could not miss in this set, being Orber,Latios has not fear of his "lock" on Draco Meteor like when he holds a choice item, that's why I thought transforming him in an expert belter Latios but I don't know about this change. Recover helps me often against a lot of stuff, even when I have a little momentum I can always use recover.

Terrakion @ Choice Band
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Terrakion Band is my favourite Pokemon! It's crazy, it can also eliminate his arch-counter with a couple of Close Combat / Stone Edge (Like Skarmory,Jellicent,Latias,etc..). He needs only few momentum for take,in the most cases, one kill for turn. I haven't so much to say about this beast,he is my Fighting sweeper(the fight sweeper for me is important in every team lol) and I love it.

The most trouble of this team,for what I could see,are Ferrothorn under rain and Gastrodon. Once my terrakion is Ko I have seriously problem to kill them.

Thx for reading this RMT

I don't know the button for making spoilers so,I can't put the export of the team! Plese tell me how to do!

Hello Phantom, I'm happy to see you here with this fantastic RMT, I really like the use of Fling Acrobatic Gliscor to stop Breloom!

Speaking about your team, I suggest you to use this EV spread on your Rotom-W: EVs: 248 HP / 56 SAtk / 200 SDef / 4 Spd, as already said in some my past rates, with this EV spread Rotom-W doesn't lose so much difensive power and it has more fire power (and it also take less damage from Stealth Rock). Then, I found a weakness to dragon types (Iron Head on Jirachi isn't enough because it doesn't flinch always so you can't revenge kill them at 100%) in your team so I'd use Ice Punch in place of Trick on your Jirachi to revenge kill them more easily. After, I'd use X-Scissor in place of EQ on Terrakion, it's a quite useless move and with X-Scissor you can hit Celebi and other stuff, I think that X-Scissor is more useful than EQ in many occasions. Finally, I'd use Expert Belt in place of Life Orb on Latios, the recoil is really annoying and with Expert Belt you can bluff an choice set (mainly the Choice Scarf one, of course). Hope I helped, good luck and luvdisc'd.

Hey, P H A N T O M!

Your team looks really solid, and I really enjoy seeing the throwback Gliscor - Rotom-W - Jirachi core! With this in mind, there aren't really that many major threats to the team. However, a few do stand out. For starters, opposing Dragon-types do seem to cause you some problems. Getting a free DD Rotom-W, Choice-locked Terrakion, or even Gliscor at times can cause you a headache. Jirachi needs all its moves imo, especially since Scizor is such a big threat as well. With Specially Defensive Rotom-W and Jirachi, I think Tyranitar's special defense isn't needed. With this in mind, why not try out Physically Defensive Hippowdon instead of Tyranitar? It gives you a solid switch into physical dragons & a better Terrakion check; additionally, it gives you a team that is less weak to Duggy sun! Here's the set, gl.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers | Sand Stream
Impish | 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Stealth Rock | Earthquake | Slack Off | Ice Fang

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Hi Alex thx for the rate,in the problems of the team I forgot DD dragon. They are really annoying for this team! For example Dragonite. I think I will try Ice punch Rachi. I said in Latios's description that I would like to try the expert belter because the sand and the orb gives so many damage to Latios and with the belt I can Baitkill Scizor without problem. I didn't know the spread of sdef Rotom-w so I'd try that spread but I'm going to change it with yours! Thx for the rate!

Thx you too Prince Bii. I think I would change Jirachi moveset to revengkill dragons,but if I put Ice Punch on Trick,I have no way to kill Calm Mind Reuniclus so I need Ttar! But I can consider to use Hippowdown over Ttar and leave Trick on jirachi! thx for the rate!

D i a b l o

Hy Phantom, cool team!
First of all, you can try FireBlast> StoneEdge to Tyranitar for Ferrothorn that gives you some problems while for Volcarona you have Terrakion that resists FieryDance also +2!
Now, for the DragonSpam you could put the Scizor> Jirachi since you don't even have a Priority essential for the team.
Now you've lost the Scarfer then I advise you to do ScarfLatios> LOLatios.
Hope I helped you, good luck for the team.

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Thx for the rate Diablo! First of all,Ferrothorn gives me problem only with rain weather actived so I think it's useless to use FBlast because he has a safe switch-in in Politoed and even with sandstorm,there is no obvious ohko by fire blast on ferrothorn that can ohko my ttar. Scizor'priority attract me a lot! But I need Rachi for too many situation! For Example I can't really cunter Tornadus with only Rotom.Jirachi(with Ice Punch) make a safe ohko on dragons,Scizor doesn't do that. Latios in this team can't be Scarf,because I have only Gliscor(and in part Rotom-W) for counter Scizor that is(with Genesect in uber) one of the most used pokemon and everyone knows how strong he is,so I use Expert Belt Latios for the baitkill of Scizor. I wouldn't like to make trapped by Scizor my Latios. For Scizor,I would try it,but not over jirachi,I need a priority!

Thx Diablo <3

Hey Phantom, this is a really solid team from the looks of it so I just want to congratulate you on that!

Anyway, on to the rate!

So, as I said your team looks really quite solid and you really don't have any outstanding weaknesses or no weakness that you can't check or have some sort of way with dealing with; but one thing that may give you trouble is Gastrodon I know it is uncommon, but hey, better safe than sorry! To help you patch this up, I suggest making Rotom-W a RestoChest Variant with HP Grass; I don't really think that a Specially Defensive Rotom-W is necessary as you already have a check to Tornadus-T and you have a Tyranitar. Also, Terrakion is not too reliable in killing Gastrodon, a lot of people who use Gastrodon invest defensive Ev's just to help stop Volt-Turn; So, it would be able to take a Choice Banded Close Combat the retaliate with a Scald/Earthquake. HP Grass Rotom-W is the perfect lure to Gastrodon and also with the Chesto Berry over the Leftovers, you may be able to fake a Choiced Rotom-W and gain a surprise kill! Also, you can Rest off any status that is inflicted upon you like Toxic or Paralysis!

Rotom-W @ Chesto Berry
EVs: 60 HP / 240 SAtk / 208 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Hydro Pump
- Rest

Also, may I suggest a Life Orb Latias > Latios just so you can switch into threats like Keldeo, Breloom, and Thundurus-T better. One more thing, I wouldn't worry much about Ferrothorn under Rain, you have Terrakion also, you can Trick it with Jirachi.

Anyway, I hope I helped and once again, nice team!

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Yes Gastrodon is a big trouble! But Scizor is more common than Gastrodon and without Wow on Rotom I don't know how to stop Life orb Scizor! It has an unsafe ohko on Gliscor with +2 Bullet punch,and Gliscor can make few damage to Scizor :/ Wow helps me against Ferrothorn too that is a big trouble under rain! For Latias I would try it even if Latios makes more damage with psyshock to Gastrodon! But Latias is nice to enter on Keldeo or Thundurus!

Thx for the rate and sorry for my bad English xD

Yes Gastrodon is a big trouble! But Scizor is more common than Gastrodon and without Wow on Rotom I don't know how to stop Life orb Scizor! It has an unsafe ohko on Gliscor with +2 Bullet punch,and Gliscor can make few damage to Scizor :/ Wow helps me against Ferrothorn too that is a big trouble under rain! For Latias I would try it even if Latios makes more damage with psyshock to Gastrodon! But Latias is nice to enter on Keldeo or Thundurus!

Thx for the rate and sorry for my bad English xD
You have Fire Punch on Jirachi to revenge SD Scizor, also, Will-O-Wisp is not a very reliable move. Psyshock + Draco Meteor should KO Gastrodon after Rocks. Also as I said, I wouldn't worry about Ferrothorn under rain, as you have Terrakion and Jirachi can Trick it.

Hey, great team!

I don't see many flaws with the team and you can play around almost every threat. I dont think that Ferrothorn is such a big threat, right now your biggest problems are DD Dragons/Scarfed Dragons faster than Jirachi, for that I suggest Ice Punch over Trick on Jirachi.
Besides that the only thing I can say to make your team better is swith the HP EV's on Jirachi, Latios and Terrakion to one of the defenses, so you lose less health switching in on SR.

Luvdisc'd

P H A N T O M

Banned deucer.
Thank you for the rate man! I had put Ice Punch over Trick yesterday under suggestion of Alexander! For the evs on Rachi I will put it on :)

Hi P H A N T O M.
It is a very solid team that present you with few weaknesses, but some are embarrassing.
You are pretty weak to physical sweepers as Dragonite, Salamence or same Scizor SD that outspeed Rotom-W, you should use a good physical sponge to tank the moves, Hippodown would do well to this work he has Ice fang + EQ for Heatrans, Jirachi, Terrakion, Dragonite... But also Slack off to heal and so he can get back on the field without too much trouble, you can put it on Tyranitar because you seem to forget you own Jirachi dealing Latios/Latias/Reuniclus/Alakazam so much it loses a bit of its usefulness and occupies a place for nothing, then you do what against the BO's because usually they have the strategy Sr/SpikesIt is true that the majority of your Pokemon are not affected but over a long period you will lose because Forry-Skarmory-Ferrothorn can be placed on it, I suggest you change Gliscor to a Stall Breaker (Taunt > Acrobatic) with this set you can do your sweep as you want without pressure and then you can choose to roar on Hippodown to avoid the same problem also.

Hippodown
Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang/Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Gliscor
Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 120 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Protect
- Ice Fang
- Earthquake

Good Luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)