NU team MKII

So a while ago I posted my first NU team. I have made many changes to it, and here is what has happened.
Team building:
This was the original team. Only two of these pokemon are still on the team right now, which are...
Glaceon and Drifblim. Drifblim loves taking out the fighting types that glaceon hates.
I added a decent duo in Bulky Seismitoad and Sap Sipper Sawsbuck. next up came...
MUSHY!!!! that aside, i needed something else on my team, and i still felt i was weak to pokemon such as ludicolo. so ill just talk about this at the end of the post.

The team in Depth:

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Defense, 4 SPA, Bold Nature
Moves:
Scald
Knock off
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Standard Bulky Toad, I was using a SR+3 attacks before, but i feel this is more effective. Scald is for Burns, and Knock Off is there because of how important items seem to be in NU. Earth Power is STAB, and Stealth Rock is Obvious. I have noticed he does next to nothing against Roselia and the rising Vileplume. I am willing to change him.

Sawsbuck @Life Orb
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 Attack, 4 SpD, 252 Attack, Adamant Nature
Moves:
Swords Dance
Nature Power
Horn Leech
Return
What is Seismitoad's only weakness? Grass. What does Sawsbuck get a boost from? Grass. It seemed like a given to put both in. Its standard Sawsbuck. It has Swoards dance to get setup on pokemon i know will switch, two great STABS in Horn Leech and return, and nature power gets the same coverage, only hurting skuntank instead of drifblim.

Glaceon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Ice Body
EVS: 252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 SpD, Modest Nature
Moves:
Ice Beam
Shadow Ball
Hidden Power Fighting
Frost Breath
I posted a thread a while ago about how much i love Sylveon- I mean Glaceon. Unlike a lot of Ice types, it has pretty good Defenses. Ice Beam is needed, Shadow ball is for Psychics such as Thick Fat Grumpig (is it just me, or is that thing becoming ever the more common lately?). HP fighting is for probopass, bastiodon, and miltank. Frost Breath is for CM mushy and duosion.

Drifblim @ Flying Gem
Ability: Unburden
EVS: 100 HP, 156 Attack, 252 Speed, Jolly Nature
Moves:
Acrobatics
Destiny Bond
Substitute
Will-O-Wisp
ACROBLIMP. i love this thing. I ran sucker punch on this for a while in place of substitute (explain how that works), but since i have 500 speed after the unburden boost, i thought it was not needed. Will-O-Wisp really helps it, as it hurts incoming Sawk greatly. Destiny Bond helps take out pokemon when Im weak, especially when im that fast. I dont like the Mono-Attacking, but it works.

Musharna@Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVS:252 HP, 252 SpA, 4 SpD
Moves:
Calm Mind
Psychic
Thunder Wave
Signal Beam
My tank. I find this thing to almost always get off at least one Calm mind boost every match. its standard Mushy, with CM, Psychic, thunder wave, and signal beam. SIgnal Peam is there over moonlight to take out skuntank. I dont really like stored Power, as it is very inconsistent, but let me know if i should change. Ive tried Beheeyem in this spot, but it just didnt work.

Simisear @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 Hp (29 IVS for the gluttony boost) 252 SpA, 252 Speed
Moves:
Substitute
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Grass Knot
THis is the temporary sixth team member, and the one i am willing to change. I do like it, as it was great coverage with its 2 moves, and substitute is obvious with the Petaya berry. i use Nasty Plot for the extra firepower. I had focus blast, but it lost me too many matches, and i already had a way to hurt steels.

Now here is the problem. I dont have a solid sixth Pokemon. With NUPL coming up, I dont want a fill in. Any advice on that sixth team member would be greatly wanted, as well as advice on existing members. I have tried many Options, including Pinsir, Skuntank, and Simisear. please help, and thank you for reading my second RMT!

A you need a solid wall on your team that can strong flying types such as Braviary who would otherwise tear your team apart. I might recommend a steel or rock type, or perhaps Alomomola.

seismitoad / sawsbuck / glaceon / drifblim / musharna / simisear

right now, your team looks really weak to weather teams and flying-types. rain sweepers are actually troublesome since seismitoad is complete setup fodder for a huge portion of them, especially ludicolo.

to fix this, i would probably use golem over seismitoad because it maintains the ground typing (so that rotom-a can't just volt switch freely) while lending you a resistance to flying-type attacks. it also isn't complete setup bait like seismitoad is, since it can threaten many things with a rock blast or explosion to prevent stuff like rain dance from going up.

second of all, i would try out golduck over simisear. with cloud nine, it prevents both sun and rain teams from having a field day with you. it has the potential to 2HKO ludicolo with signal beam if you get it on the switch, and the ability to revenge kill a large portion of chlorophyll or swift swim pokemon in general. and something interesting to note is that it has around the same power as samurott, but enough speed to outpace base 70s.

for minor changes, you really need 252 atk on drifblim to maximize its damage potential, especially for an offensive set. sawsbuck also wants to run a jolly nature, because so many things like zangoose and kangaskhan sit below it, while haunter speed ties with the deer. finally you absolutely and must use moonlight over thunder wave or signal beam on musharna because it is so slow and is prone to taking a lot of hits.

some things you could optionally try out are baton pass over shadow ball on glaceon, and musharna's standard defensive spread. shadow ball doesn't do much for glaceon aside from hitting grumpig since ice beam is already strong enough; baton pass will act as sort of a u-turn to help you gain momentum if you know that something like a full health regice is coming in. musharna's defensive spread will allow you to have a good, solid pivot that can help you switch into some pokemon since the rest of your team cannot take many hits so well.

summary:
golem seismitoad / jolly adamant sawsbuck / baton pass shadow ball* glaceon / 252 atk drifblim / moonlight, 252 def thunder wave or signal beam, 252 spa musharna / golduck simisear
* optional

Golduck @ Life Orb
Trait: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Signal Beam

Golem @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Atk / 56 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)