LC only
2 Recovers
5 Chills
Switch = KO
Training Items
Abilities = ALL
3 day DQ
2 substitutions
Between the Earth and the Underworld lies the River Styx. The Greek gods and goddesses were bound to the Styx and swore oaths upon it. There are many hazards in this place and most are not pretty. The River Styx also grants great power to the user who promises upon it......and great danger to those who break their promises......

• Moves that utilize outside water sources will use the water from the River Styx. Because of the water's deadly properties, final damage delt by these attacks are increased by 3.
  • Flying is impossible in the Underworld. No Fly.
  • If Bounce is used, it cannot evade attacks. Digging and Diving are also allowed, but Diving into the water causes 5 flat damage to the user per action that the user remains underwater.
  • Digging means burrowing into the mud and dirt, tainted by the sins of others. This causes a flat 5 damage per action to the user.
  • All other moves are allowed
Now, there is a ferryman by the name of Charon that comes every 2 rounds on A1. When he comes, the pokemon have a choice of giving their held item as payment for safety from his curse (Giving the item costs an action). If a pokemon has no item and has not already given away their item or refuses to hand their's over, Charon will deal a flat 20 damage to them. This damage is delt if the pokemon's item was tricked away or knocked off.

At a cost of 20HP and 20Energy at the beginning of a Round, a pokemon can gain "Indestructability" for the round. Indestructability means complete immunity to status. All damage delt by the foe is made 0. However, while under Indestructability, all damage done by the user is cut in half. Cannot chill the round Indestructability is used or the round after. For the same length of time, the user cannot regain HP by any means. All status's that the user currently has are removed and stat changes are returned to normal.

Because we are deep underground, there can be no weather. Rock attacks that requre external rock sources uses the bones on the banks of the river. These bones make the rock attack have a 50% chance of becoming a Ghost type. All attacks using these bones have an additional 20% flinch chance on top of their normal move chances

All grass attacks that require an external grass sourse have to use the poisoned grass in the surroundings. This gives these grass moves have a 50% chance of becoming Poison typed instead. Grass attacks that become poison by this effect corrodes Steel types. All grass attacks using this external source have a 10% chance of Toxic Poison on top of their normal move chances.

There is a cursed air that has a 20% chance to make pokemon using 10 BAP or higher attacks flinch that action.....
I have never been to this river before. The ferry sign says "Out of Service" though, so I wonder what we're going to do about that. Anyway, here we have King Serperior, a fairly experienced user that is currently training a Nidoking by the name of King (creative, huh. About as creative as my King the Horsea). He has brought some new Pokemon to fight Incoleo's new Pokemon that are just as new as him. He has only appeared very recently, so we shall see if King Serperior's experience with both ASB and this arena will overcome Incoleo. Now, the teams.

King Serperior said:

<Human scum! Your body will burn when I am through with you!>​

Rook [Shieldon] (Male)
Quiet (+Sp.Atk, -15%spd, -10%evasion)​

Type: Steel/Rock
Steel: Steel STAB; immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.
Rock: Rock STAB; reduce damage from all special attacks by two (2) Base Attack Power during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus​

Abilities:​

Sturdy:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
Soundproof (DW-Locked):
Innate
Pokemon with this ability emit their own powerful electrostatic or sound-dampening field, making them immune to sound-based moves other than an ally's or their own Heal Bell. (Known sound moves: Bug Buzz, Chatter, Echoed Voice, Grasswhistle, Growl, Heal Bell, Hyper Voice, Metal Sound, Perish Song, Relic Song, Roar, Round, Screech, Sing, Snarl, Snore, Supersonic, Uproar.)​

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 26 (-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15​

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5
MC: 0
KOC: 0​

Moves:
1). Tackle
2). Protect
3). Taunt
4). Metal Sound
5). Take Down
6). Iron Defence
7). Swagger
8). Focus Energy
9). Stealth Rock
10). Rock Blast
11). Ice Beam
12). Thunderbolt
13). Flamethrower​

Yoda (Slowpoke) [Male]
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Speed)
Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.​

Oblivious: (Innate)This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Own Tempo: (Innate)This Pokemon moves at its own pace and when confused, it will never harm itself in confusion. If the Pokemon also has Tangled Feet, it will raise Accuracy by one (1) Stage.
Regenerator: (DW - LOCKED)(Innate)When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and (ten) 10 HP is restored. When this Pokemon Chills, it restores six (6) HP in addition to its 12 Energy.​

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 13 (-15% Speed; -10% evasion)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 14​

Moves:
1). Curse
2). Yawn
3). Tackle
4). Growl
5). Water Gun
6). Confusion
7). Disable
8). Headbutt
9). Amnesia
10). Safeguard
11). Me First
12). Block
13). Ice Beam
14). Psyshock
15). Scald​

Jake (Growlith) [Male]
Hardy (No Changes)​

Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or brushfire areas.​

Intimidate: (Can be Activated)When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.
Flash Fire: (Innate)This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.
Justified: (DW-Locked)(Innate)This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way by another Pokemon's attack will be maintained at the end of each round. Self-targeted attacks do not maintain boosts​

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 60
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 14​

EC: 1/6
DC: 1/5
MC: 2

Moves:
1). Bite
2). Roar
3). Ember
4). Leer
5). Odor Sleuth
6). Helping Hand
7). Flame Wheel
8). Reversal
9). Fire Fang
10). Take Down
11). Close Combat
12). Morning Sun
13). Safeguard
14). Fire Blast
15). Overheat
16). Wild Charge​

Incoleo said:
Thanks for reffing!! :D

[pimg]102[/pimg]
Exeggcute [Scrambled] (Male)

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Grass/Psychic
Grass: Grass STAB; immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Psychic: Psychic STAB; less susceptible to blinding, more susceptible to sound-based assaults as far as locking on with Psychic attacks, can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 34 (40/1.15)
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 13

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Harvest: (Innate) At the end of each round, this Pokemon recycles a held berry that was consumed during that round. If the Berry can be activated again, it will do so on the first action of the next round. If a berry cannot be recycled, Harvest will not regrow it. The Berry is consumed at the end of the battle.

Moves:

Level-Up
Barrage(*)
Uproar(*)
Hypnosis(*)
Reflect(*)
Leech Seed(*)
Confusion (*)
Bullet Seed(*)
Stun Spore(*)
PoisonPowder(*)
Sleep Powder(*)

Egg
AncientPower(*)
Giga Drain(*)
Synthesis(*)

TM/Tutor
Psychic(*)
SolarBeam(*)
Protect(*)

[pimg]220[/pimg]
Swinub [Bacon] (Female)

Nature: Lonely (+1 Atk, -1 Def)
Type: Ground/Ice
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 6 per action Energy Cost to 5 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3 (+)
Def: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 50
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 12

Abilities:
Oblivious: (innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being affected by Attract, Cute Charm, or Captivate.
Snow Cloak: (innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.
Thick Fat (DW): (innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire- and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

EC: 0/9

Moves:

Level-Up
Tackle(*)
Odor Sleuth(*)
Mud Sport(*)
Powder Snow(*)
Mud Slap(*)
Endure(*)
Ice Shard(*)
Mud Bomb(*)
Icy Wind(*)

Egg
Icicle Crash(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Stealth Rock(*)

TM/Tutor
Protect(*)
Earthquake(*)
Dig(*)

[pimg]155[/pimg]
Cyndaquil [Charcoal] (Male)

Nature: Timid (+15% Speed, +19% Accuracy, -1 Atk)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Superior senses in volcanic or bushfire areas.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
Spe: 75 (65*1.15)
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

Abilities:
Blaze: (innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any fire attack is increased by two (2). (eg Flamethrower goes from 10 to 12, Fire Blast from 12 to 14)
Flash Fire (DW): (innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any opposing fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2). Self-targeted attacks do not give the boost.

EC: 0/9

Moves:

Level-Up
Tackle(*)
Leer(*)
Smokescreen(*)
Ember(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Flame Wheel(*)
Defense Curl(*)

Egg
Extrasensory(*)
Flame Burst(*)
Nature Power(*)

TM/Tutor
Protect(*)
Dig(*)
Flamethrower(*)
(KS, please refrain from insulting the ref, or there may be consequences :P)
OoO
KS sends out and attaches items
Incoleo sends out and orders
KS orders
I ref​

<Today, human, you will die. However, if you prove your worth to me, I will make it quick. Your death will not be painless though.>

@Exp.Share
"Visser, I will destroy this pest for you."

<You have no choice, Erakan-987. If you fail me, you will be slowly fed to the Taxxons!!>

A Taxxon scuttles it's way across the arena, drawn in by the hope of fresh meat.....

*Shreaks a foul sounding screeching sound*​

(Since my connecting flight to Virbank Burbank is delayed, I can quickly get up to date on my battles)

So let's go Bacon!! (Swinub)

Earthquake>Mud Bomb>Earthquake
IF Protect is used A1 or A3, ONLY ONCE use stealth rock and push back

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

Field: Nothing

King Serperior
Rook @ Exp. Share

EN: 100
Ranks: 2/4/3/3/26
Ability: Sturdy
Other: -10% Evasion

Incoleo
Bacon @ Nothing

Ranks: 3/1/2/2/50
Ability: Oblivious | Snow Cloak
Other: None​

Round One
Hmm, so KS sends out a Shieldon, by the name of Rook, which mine shall be a Shuckle, while Incoleo sends in a Swinub, by the name of Bacon, which I almost called my Tepig, but I decided Roast was a better name. Also, it is not BaCoN (Well, it is BaCo3N2 but I can't seem to put in subscripts). So, the battle. Bacon starts… or doesn't, because it is Terrified, letting Rook Insult it. Now, Bacon Shoots Mud at Rook, who is now Terrified itself. Ooh, King Serperior will not be happy! Rook Guards itself from the evil river, so Bacon tries to put Rocks up, but was Too Angry.
So, at the end of the round… not much has happened.

Action One

Bacon: Earthquake
Flinch: <=2000
=1262 (Y)
Bacon flinched.

Rook: Taunt (-10EN)
Bacon was Taunted (6a)

Action Two

Bacon: Mud Bomb (-4EN)
Hit: <=9500
=3443 (N)
Crit: <=625
=6555 (N)
Rook: [7+3-1+4.5-4.5]*2.25
=20.25HP
Accuracy: <=3000
=9503 (N)

Rook: Flamethrower
=1663 (N)
Rook flinched.

Action Three

Rook: Protect (-7EN)
Rook protected itself.

Bacon: Stealth Rock
But it was Taunted.

Summary:
Rook: -20HP, -17EN
Bacon: -4EN

Post-Round

King Serperior
Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 70
EN: 83

Incoleo
Bacon @ Nothing

EN: 96
Other: Taunted (4a)​

<You hold an Exp.Share, do you not?>

"Yes...."

Stealth Rock ~ Flamethrower ~ Rock Blast
Sub1: If a Combo is ordered, use Rock Blast that action and push back.
Sub2: If Damaging Evasive move, use Protect (ONCE) and push back.​

Uh-oh... This isn't going quite as well as I could hope it would.. Maybe I can try to flinch though?

Earthquake>Rock Slide>Dig

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

King Serperior
Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 70
EN: 83

Incoleo
Bacon @ Nothing

EN: 96
Other: Taunted (4a)​

Round Two
Zero flavour because I am way behind schedule.

Action One

Bacon: Earthquake
=222 (Y)
Bacon flinched.

Rook: Stealth Rock (-11EN)
There are rocks around Incoleo's team.

Action Two

Bacon: Rock Slide (-6EN)
=9194 (N)
Rook: [8-1+4.5-6]/1.5
=3.666HP
Flinch: <=3000
=394 (Y)

Rook flinched.

Action Three

Rook: Protect (-7EN)
Rook is Protecting itself.

Bacon: Dig (-9EN)
Bacon went under.
Bacon: -5HP

Bacon: Dig
Rook: [8-1+3+4.5-6]*1.5
=14.25HP
=7.125EN

Summary:
Rook: -4HP, 25EN
Bacon: -5HP, -15EN

Post-Round

King Serperior
Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 66
EN: 58

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 85
EN: 81
Other: Taunted (1a)​

Bacon takes 5 flat damage from dig (the arena's effect) and, if I'm not mistaken, shouldn't Rook have been shielded from dig because of protect?

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
The first part is correct.
When a Pokemon gets hit when they are using Protect, they lose energy equivalent to half of the damage the attack would have done. That is what I did.

Earthquake>Stealth Rock>Earthquake
IF flamethrower is used in a combo A2 or A3, protect and push back
IF flamethrower is used not in a combo, dig and push back, but only once

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

King Serperior
Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 66
EN: 58

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 85
EN: 81
Other: Taunted (1a)​

Round Three
Uh oh, Visser won't be happy about this. Rook was battered by Ground-Shattering Blasts and Digging Strikes, and letting Stealth Rocks go up around his team. All Rook could do was Get Pumped, but couldn't hit Bacon. Not to mention, the Visser was ordering second. It must be furious (please don't take your anger out on me. Sacrifice some goats instead).

Action One

Bacon: Earthquake (-6EN)
=2163 (N)
=1775 (N)
Rook: [10+3-1+4.5-6]*2.25
=23.625HP

Rook: Focus Energy (-12EN)
Rook is focused (6a).

Action Two

Bacon: Stealth Rock (-12EN)
There are Rocks around KS's team.

Rook: Rock Blast (-6EN)
Hit: <=9000
=9349 (N)
It missed.

Action Three

Bacon dug underground.

Rook: Flamethrower (-7EN)
It missed.

=6581 (N)
Rook: [8+3-1+4.5-6]*2.25
=19.125HP

Summary:
Rook: -43HP, -25EN
Bacon: -5HP, -27EN

Post-Round

King Serperior- Stealth Rock
Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 23
EN: 33
Other: -10% Evasion, Focus Energy (4a)

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 80
EN: 54

Visser Three roars in anger and slams his tail into the nearest object: A human's neck. As the human's head rolls across the ground, the Visser orders the Shieldon to kill it's foe now......

<Kill that thing, or you will suffer unlike anyone before you!!>

Y...Yes...Visser..."

The Shieldon looks extremely scared as it takes a deep breath...

Flamethrower * 3
Sub: If P/E move, Chill.

(There's really not much a shieldon can do vs a Swinub :s)​

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: 23
EN: 33
Other: -10% Evasion, Focus Energy (4a)

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

EN: 54

Round Four
Now Visser will be really angry. Rook couldn't get a hit in before it was defeated by a Mighty Quake. You'll have to send in another to continue this battle.
[size="-5"]Also, if you don't want Rook any more, you can give him to me for free ;)[/size]

Action One

Bacon: Earthquake (-6EN)
=5732 (N)
=1014 (N)
Rook: [10+3-1+4.5-6]*2.25
=23.625
Rook fainted.

Summary:
Rook: KO
Bacon: -6EN

Post-Round

Rook @ Exp. Share

HP: KO
EN: KO
Other: -10% Evasion, Focus Energy (4a), KO

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

EN: 48
Other: 1KOC​

<.............You there! Kill this worthless fool and then kill what that failure couldn't!!>

"No!"

"Yes, my Visser."

The Shieldon is lifted into the air and imploded as its organs are crushed one by one..........

"It is done."

Scald ~ Water Gun ~ Scald
Sub1: If P/E move, use Safeguard (ONCE) and push back.
Sub2: If Damaging evasive move (NOT used consecutively), use Disable the next action and push back​

Why must there be such evil water? Now my Bacon's gonna be not just soggy but EVIL soggy!! (and do you KNOW what a wet swinub smells like? Now imagine her smelling of that plus REEKING OF EVIL T-T)

Dig>Rock Slide>Chill
IF rock slide flinches/turns ghost type, TAKE THAT YOU ALIEN TYRANT

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

Yoda @ Exp. Share

HP: 100
Ranks: 3/4/2/2/13
Ability: Oblivious | Own Tempo

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

EN: 48

Round Five
KS, why did you have to implode that poor Shieldon? Leethoof wouldn't be happy. You could've given him to me, like I said. :P
Anyway, the Visser sent Yoda the Slowpoke to battle next. It was, as the name suggests, slow. Bacon Dug Underground, and was attacked by sin, but still avoided Yoda's Boiling Water. It came up and hit Yoda in a critical area. Bacon made some Rocks — no, Bones Slide onto Yoda, scaring him. Bacon Chilled Out, until it was Scorched by Water (although not burned).
Incoleo has taken a large chunk out of Yoda already, and didn't take too much damage. Can KS recover from this?

Slowpoke: -12HP (Stealth Rock)

Action One

Bacon dug under.

Yoda: Scald (-5HP)
Bacon was underground.

=261 (Y)
Yoda: [8+3+3+4.5-6]
=12.5HP

Action Two

Ghost: <=5000
=7980 (N)
=4106 (N)
Yoda: [8+4.5-6]
=6.5HP
Flinch: <=5000
=2887 (Y)

Yoda flinched.
(Your substitution was illegal, as you did not specify a move. VM me / post in this thread if you can get another ruling.)

Action Three

Bacon: Chill (+12EN)

Yoda: Scald (-9EN)
=4723 (N)
Bacon: [8+3+3-3]*1.5+3
=19.5HP
Burn: <=3000
=8298 (N)

Summary:
Yoda: -31HP, -14EN
Bacon: -24HP, -3EN

Post-Round

Yoda @ Exp. Share

HP: 69
EN: 86

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 56
EN: 45

Ok, we're getting pretty lucky, let's just hope our lucky streak lasts another round ;-;

Rock Slide>Chill>Rock Slide
IF successful P/E when you would Rock Slide, chill and push back
IF disable, protect ONCE and push back

<YOU ARE AS WORTHLESS AS THE LAST!!>

"S...S...Sorry, my Visser..."

Water Gun ~ Scald ~ Scald

Can't really make a sub in this situation :s

Someoneelse

Why am I here?
Pre-Round

Yoda @ Exp. Share

HP: 69
EN: 86

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 56

Round Six
Bacon continues the Sliding of Rocks, causing Yoda to Flinch. Bacon Chilled out, letting Yoda Cook him once again. Say, I thought Yoda ate a sausage, not Bacon… Anyway, Bacon Slid some Bones, making it a ghostly attack, before Yoda had the guts to move and continue to Cook Bacon.

Action One

=1086 (N)
Ghost-type: <=5000
=9927 (N)
Yoda: [8+4.5-6]
=6.5HP
Flinch: <=5000
=1957 (Y)

Yoda flinched.

Action Two

Bacon: Chill (+12EN)

Yoda: Scald (-13EN)
=327 (Y)
Bacon: [8+3+3+3-3]*1.5+3
=24HP
=6722 (N)

Action Three

=9067 (N)
Ghost-type: <=5000
=3185 (Y)
Yoda: [8+4.5-6]*1.5
=9.75HP
Flinch: <=3000
=9789 (N)

Yoda: Scald (-17EN)
=9520 (N)
Bacon: [8+3+3-3]*1.5+3
=19.5HP
=8819 (N)

Summary:
Yoda: -16HP, -30EN
Bacon: -43HP, 0EN

Post-Round

Yoda @ Exp. Share

HP: 53
EN: 56

Incoleo- Stealth Rock
Bacon @ Nothing

HP: 13

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)