Smogon Chess Tournament - connoisseur wins!

Round 5 pairings

Code:
Crabnebula   vs  eric the espeon
[B]connoisseur[/B]  vs  G80
Eo Ut Mortus vs  Umbreon Dan (me)
Thoughts     vs  wtansley

Games can be played on Yahoo, FICS, or just by pming each other the notation over IRC. PM your opponent and agree how you wish to play.

Rules:

1. these and these
2. Play by the FIDE rules, which can be found here. In particular, any move played cannot be taken back.
3. All players have ten days to complete their games. It does not matter how you get your match done, so long as it is played within the deadline. PM your opponent and agree how you wish to play.
4. PM any disputes to eric the espeon or myself. We will make the final decisions.
5. You aren't allowed to use any resources except your own head to make your move choices. Things banned include move-generating bots, opening databases and endgame tablebases. Using a chessboard to view positions is acceptable and encouraged.
6. If you fail to complete your games within the given time period, and are deemed inactive, you will forfeit your game or be subbed out. Likewise, let us know if your opponent is inactive.
7. If both players agree, they may use a clock, but otherwise do not play a timed match.
8. We would appreciate it if the winner could pm us a log of the game.

old r1 Pairings:

Code:
      White             |         Black

1. Umbreon Dan     [b]1[/b] | [b]0[/b]   32. brksocsc 
   2. eric the espeon [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   31. Sprinkles
   3. HD              [B]0[/B] | [B]1[/B]   30. reyscarface 
   4. Black Buddha    [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   29. Friar
   5. Reverb          [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   28. Solstice
   6. Alakapimp       X | X   27. frogoholic101
   7. Eo Ut Mortus    [B]1[/B] | [B]BYE[/B] 16. die eter
   8. reachzero       [B]0[/B] | [B]1[/B]   25. wtansley
   9. Plopper         X | X   24. Floppy
  10. Kakth           X | X   23. CrabNebula
  11. RB Golbat       X | X   22. extra.
  12. polelover44     [B]0[/B] | [B]1[/B]   21. -Mind-
  13. ultimifier      [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   20. Kharozz
  14. connoisseur     [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   19. Engineer Pikachu
  15. G80             [B]1[/B] | [B]0[/B]   18. DCJ
  16. Notesalot       [B]0[/B] | [B]1[/B]   17. xadow
Good luck players!

rey are you ready to prove
<%reyscarface> 3) even though i suck at chess, my chaikovskikianital intro is the best and will defeat everyone in 5 turns so its unfair

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Alright.

Predictions (despite never having seen any of them play chess):

eric the espeon vs Sprinkles Saying good luck would be strange in a game without luck (other than kinda in the color choice).
Black Buddha vs Friar
Reverb vs Solstice
Alakapimp vs frogoholic101
Eo Ut Mortus vs Dogfish44
reachzero vs Zero
Curtains vs Purple Wobbuffet
Kakth vs Myriad
RB Golbat vs extra.
polelover44 vs -Mind-
ultimifier vs Kharozz
connoisseur vs Engineer Pikachu
Notesalot vs xadow

left side sweep!

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
eric the espeon vs Sprinkles
Black Buddha vs Friar
Reverb vs Solstice
Alakapimp vs frogoholic101
Eo Ut Mortus vs Dogfish44
reachzero vs Zero
Curtains vs Purple Wobbuffet
Kakth vs Myriad
RB Golbat vs extra.
polelover44 vs -Mind-
ultimifier vs Kharozz
connoisseur vs Engineer Pikachu - Good... whatever.
Notesalot vs xadow

Also, just asking, do more people prefer white or black?

Edit:
I'd like a sub.
wut? You want to be a sub, or you want to be subbed out?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Won 5:0, no hax. gg. gogo smogon's newest splinter channel: #smogonchess

Edit: ok, was not expecting people to actually turn up and start playing there. Oh well, not a joke channel. Also, social lounge 7 on yahoo chess is ours.

Edit 2: Beat Kharozz and HD on yahoo live. Hate time pressure, was making snap choices at the end of the HD match, down to 18 seconds on the clock at times. ggs.

Me and Black Buddha have contacted each other and will be playing later in the week.

As I'm not a great chess player, Rey is tutoring me on the STRONG chaikovskikianital intro :P

I'm not sure if reachzero got my PM. I went to my sent items to confirm that I had sent it and I did. He's been active since I sent it so I don't know what's up.

alright, i pmed my opponent and we won't be able to do the match until the weekend, since my time zone and his means i'm either online at work or he's online at 5 in the morning. so i guess we'll do it on saturday if that's alright?

reachzero and I tried playing our game on Yahoo but it lagged so bad for the both of us that we quit 10 moves in. We're gonna rematch tomorrow hopefully, at another site.

Lost to xadow in 37 moves. We played with 20 minutes, but it was barely enough, as I ended up resigning with 1:36 left on the clock. He would've taken another 5-10 moves to beat me, just saying this so others can eyeball time limits correctly.

gg.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)