[UU RMT] Must be the Ganja (last period)

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Introduction

After i failed to reach the Smogon Tour Semi-Finals i'd like to present the UU-community the team i used mostly in the finals. Why do you ask? Obviously because i think this is a great team - and i want toi reintervend Weezing one of the best if not the best physical walls in the UU-metagame.
During the last period i used mainly an offenive inclined team which consists of a core of 3 suspects (Froslass, Raikou, Moltres) and some supporters (Regirock, Mismagius, Hitmontop). This team worked overall nicely (leadboard Top 15) but i felt that it somehow lacks consistence and after all it had some major flaws (i used it mostly to test if the suspects were broken or not). So i decided that i needed a better consistent team for the finals - i always liked UU-stall (the first time i got on the UU leaderboard was with a solid stall team) so stall was the way to go. I used my most beloved stallcombination - Weezbreon - as my starting point. Although i nver got an high rating on the leaderboard with it because i laddered under several accounts to preserve that the team got public.
Unfortunately i have to retire this team right now because Umbreon is no longer UU.

Team "Must be the Ganja" Overview

The team is named after a song of one of my favorit artists. I named the team after this song because i heard the song in the night i build the team and Weezing looks like he could be producing enough marijuana for the whole team to smoke.

Team in Depth

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers/Rindo Berry
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/20 Spd/238 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Ancientpower/Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Hidden Power [Rock]
---

Role Summary: Omastar is my lead and starts off nicely against most Leads (see below). His job is to set up entry hazards, doesnt let my opponents lead do that and he does a fine job at this. Althoug he seems a bit underwhelming against some leads Omastar has an SR-Resistance and multiple possibilities to come back later in the match and set up my entry hazards then. Omastar works also as my insurance against Swellow/Arcanine and is my NO.1 Trickabsorber because he doesnt mind a choice item as much as his teammates.

Moveset: Stealth Rock and Spikes are a given for any Stallteams, so my Omastar has to have em. The interesting part are the other 2 moves. I used lately a combination of Ancient Power and HP [Grass]. Why such a weird combination you ask? Because it was actually quite good last period. The Rockmove (Ancient Power/ [Rock]) deals with Bulky Froslass and Cloyster Leads easily whereas HP [Grass] or Hydro Pump deal with opposing Omastarleads and such stuff.

EV's, Nature and Item: 252 HP give the most overall survivability you can get and 238 SDef-EV's secure that this Omastar-Lead will never get 2hkoed by offensiv Leadlass' Thunderbolt (Stallions Set) factoring in Leftovers Recovery. The Speed-EV's are placed there to give omastar the edge over other Lead-Omastars. Bold Nature to grant Omastar more physical walling power. The item is a nifty choice. I'd prefer Leftovers cause of the constant healing, but you can also use Rindo Berry, which will you grant the chance to kill Leadmoltres easily and take some random HP [Grass]'.

Omastar vs the Top 10 Leads of last period:

- Every variant of Froslass get 2hkoed by my Rockmove and Froslass cant 2hko back. In the worst case Froslass will get 2 layers of Spikes up, which i can spin away later safely (thanks to Foresight-Hitmontop).

- Set-Up-Bait, when it doesnt run Taunt, when it does, i just keep attacking until it goes down. (One of the worst leads out there people!)

- Most of the time this things means free spikes. Set up spikes first, so that Oma isnt useless if Uxie decides to trick you an scarf. (Also a bad lead as long as Froslass was around, when not coupled with Dugtrio or another good pursuiter.)

- If i run Rindo Berry i just attack with my Rockattack, if not i switch to Umbreon and then to Milotic to keep it at bay.

- Just keep attacking it until it goes down.

- Switch out to Umbreon and scout for Grass Knot, if i dont hold Rindo Berry. Otherwise i lay down SR and then act appropriate.

- Go straight to Weezing and then doubleswitch back to Omastar or fire off an Sludge Bomb with Weezing. Most of the time i i would use the first option.

- Set-Up-Bait. Just set up Spikes first to scout for an eventual Trick.

- Switch directly into Milotic use Surf one time to break the sash, then go to Umbreon on the psychic and payback it to death.

- Use HP [Grass](/Hydro Pump) first and scout if im faster, which i will be in nearly any cases. Then set up Stealth Rock, when they switch.

Mismagius (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/96 Spd/162 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball/Mean Look
- Taunt/Perish Song/Calm Mind
- Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Rest(/Perish Song)
---

Role Summary: Mismagius works as my stand alone spinblock and does a fine job at it. She ensures against most common Spinners, that they cant spin or ar seriusly dent or crippled in the process. Mismagius is also my go-to-go-lady for Wallbreakerclefable. So far Missy has done a fine job although im unsure about the best Moveset for her.

Moveset:
This is the Pokemon i was never really sure which Moveset i should use because Mismagius is so versatile and good with every of these Moves. Currently i ran WoW, Shadow Ball, Taunt, Painsplit. Although the other variants seems promising too. Maybe someone could propose a good Moveset?

EV's, Nature and Item:
252 HP EV's for maximum overall bulk again, 96 Speed-EV's to outpace max Speed neutral Nature Toxicroak and 162 SDef to wall some Special attackers mostly RS-Blastoise and Wallbreaker-Clefable. Leftovers for some nice mini-recovery.

Umbreon (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell
- Payback
---

Role Summary: Umbreon is the No. 1 special sponge of my team and overall a good wall due to her solid defense stats (95/110/130). She is also the defensive backbone of my team, keeping most of the members in a healthy state with wish. This cute lookin Eeveelution counters many threats like Raikou, Mismagius and stuff and works just nicely together with Weezing because Weezing covers her weaknesses and she his. Oh Synchronize + Heal Bell is a nice combo indeed.

Moveset:
Wish is there to keep my team healthy whereas Protect ensures that Umbreon can safely heal herself. Healbell to cure my other Pokemon from status (mostly sleep due to Rest-abusing). Last but not least there is Payback which dent some stuff considerably hard.

EV's, Nature and Item:
252 HP- and 252 SDef-EV's plus a careful nature are absolutely needed to counter some important threats like Mismagius, Raikou, Moltres etc. pp.. The 6 Def-EV's are mostly just an filler.

Weezing (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/242 Def/16 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
---

Role Summary: I dont understand why not more people utilize this beast of an physical wall - its just so good at its job!
Weezings acts as the main physical wall on this team and keeps threats like Venusaur, Torterra, Feraligatr, Azumarill, Rhyperior, Leafon, Absol and so on in check. There isnt much to say here - Weezing is just the most reliable physical wall (together with Tangrowth) you can find in the UU Metagame and pairs nicely with Umbreon. The only physical sweepers who can break through Weezing are Subrhyperior and Blaziken, Arcanine. When i first used Weezing in this team his Moveset consists of WoW, Sludge Bomb, Hidden Power [Water], Painsplit. But after i realized that i needed a solid check to all variants of Venusaur ich changed the Moveset to a Restalkervariant, which works better in my team. Even so i can also admit for the effectiveness of the other mentioned set. Try it out yourself!

Interesting facts:
Sludge Bomb vs Subazumarill: 25.2% - 30%
Sludge Bomb vs. Subtorterra: 24.6% - 29.2%

Moveset:
Since this is my main physical wall, WoW is definitely needed and ensures that this thing can keep many physical threats in check. ludge Bomb istn great but works decently against most physical attackers so that i can hurt them (Flamethrower/Thunderblast would only hit one side of the spectrum). With Rest and Sleeptalk this set has an more reliable healing method than with Painsplit. With Sleeptalk this set also counters absolutely every Venusaur-Set, because it can safely switch in not fearing a Sleepmove.

EV's, Nature and Item:
252 HP-EV's again just because its good, and 242 Def-EV's to improve Weezings physical walling capabilites. The 16 Speed-EV's are placed there to outspeed opposing Weezings and more importantly the CBRhyperior-Set from the Smogon page.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/242 Def/16 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Foresight
- Rapid Spin
- Close Combat/Low Kick/Mach Punch
- Rest
---

Role Summary: Hitmontop is designed to ensure i can keep entry hazards of the field which he does very reliable due to his attack combination of Foresight+Rapid Spin. Moreover he works also as a decent physical wall due to intimitade keeping most of the physical threats in check which Weezing cant like Subrhyperior. Oh and the spread i actually ran was suggested to me by Bluewind when he stalked me in a few matches - thanks dude it works well!

Moveset:
Foresight and Rapid Spin are a given in a Stallteam. Rest is there to keep Hitmontop in a healthy shape and works nicely together with Healbell. Im actually quite unsure which Fighting-Move is the best choice. CC is reliably strong, but has an negative effect for an staller. Low Kick looks good but misses some power against the low weighted ones, whereas Mach Punch isnt very powerful, but its priority....
So far it seems like Low Kick is the best choice to counter stuff like Rhyperior.

EV's, Nature and Item: 252 HP- and 242 Def-EV's plus an Impish Nature grants Hitmontop in conjunction with Intimitade great physical bulk so that it can switch in some physical threats (like Subrhyperior) which Weezing cannot handle. The 16 Speed-EV's are placed there to outspeed 252 Spd Adamant Rhyperior.

Milotic (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP/14 Spd/8 SPA/240 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Psychic]
- Haze
- Recover
---

Role Summary: I soon realized that Umbreon alone couldnt handle Moltres permanently therefore i decide to use a bulky water. I also wanted to keep common "Stallbreakers" like Houndoom who spells death against many stall teams in check. Therefore i choose Milotic as my 2nd special sponge. With her high base Special Defense she can handle even super effective non-STAB attacks with ease. I first used a moveset consisting of Surf, Recover, Haze and Ice Beam on her, but i realized soon that my team has serious problems with NP-Toxicroak. One day i got the sudden inspiration that i could use Psychic on her over Ice Beam which dents Venusaur equally hard and keeps Toxicroak at bay. Man was i disappointed when i found out that she learns Hypnosis but not Psychic. Fortunately one friend of mine suggested that i could just use HP [Psychic] - something i blocked out of my brain back then. Man was i happy when i found that out! Ice Beam was never really needed because Weezing deals with most Grasstypes nicely.

Moveset:
Recover is there obviously for a reliable selfheal and Surf is Stab and needed to counter the stuff Milo is supposed to counter. Haze is a nice Tool exspecially against slower boosters like for example Curse-Umbreon/Regirock and definitly needed on this team. HP [Psychic] seems curious at first, but with this HP Milotic is able to counter NPCroak a Pokemon which could otherwise spell trouble for my team.

EV's, Nature and Item:
This Milotic works as an second special wall designed to counter stuff like Moltres. Therefore the majority of the EV's are placed in HP and Special Defense. The 14 Spd-EV's makes sure that this Milotic is faster than 252 Spd neutral Nature Tangrowth and Aggron even though HP [Psychic] lowers the Speed-Stat about one level. The 8 SpA-EV's are there to ensure that HP [Psychic] kills Toxicroak 100% of the time after Stealth Rock, so that Milotic can avoid useless damage.

Team Building:

I wanted to build an solid stall team and i cam across many good stall Pokemon when i thought first about it. The most common stall core right then consists of something like Chansey/Venusaur/Arcanine/Ghost/Spiker/Filler. After all i went with the lovely combination of Umbreon+Weezing, who work so good together.

Right after this i recognized the glaring Houndoom weakness and that Umbreon couldnt handle Moltres consecutely safely all by herself. So i went with a bulky water next. After i looked upon all bulky waters Milotic springs in my mind exspecially because it had an high Special Defense and it learned the move Haze and had acces to reliable recovery.

This was an very solid defensive core so far, but every stall team needs entry hazards, a spinner and a spinblock. The only two really reliable Spinners for Stallteams were Blastoise and Hitmontop and bacause i already had a bulky water i decided to go with Hitmontop as my Rapid Spinner.

After this i needed an Spiker and an Ghost so i just took the chance and went with one of the suspects - Froslass. Now i only needed Stealth Rock and i chose Steelix to lay them down.

So far the team looks very solid, but i didnt like what i had to use as an lead. Either Froslass or Steelix had to be my lead and Froslass needed to be bulky in my team to consistently block spin. But the lead metagame concentrated so much on defeating Froslassleads that exspecially the bulky one didnt stand a real chance. And Steelix as a lead was underwhelming due to the fact that it let so many things set up on it. After all i decided to chose another lead and went finally with Omastar who does fine against many leads. Now i have already SR and Spikes on 1 lead so Froslass was no longer needed. As an ghost i picked Rotom who could operate as my Sleepabsorber.

I found soon out that Rotom couldnt switch consistently in Venusaur (Power Whip/Leafstorm/Sludge Bomb huer a lot) and i cant risk my Ghost so early. So i adapted to this situation by making Weezing my Sleepabsorber (Resttalker). After this i looked again over all ghosts and found out that as a standalone spinblocker Mismagius outclasses Rotom in nearly every way due to better stats and way more versatility. The resistances of Rotom werent needed that much so i went with Mismagius over Rotom in the end.

So here is the final team:

Excuse me for my bad english. If someone is bothered that much by my mistakes he could just check the whole RMT and send me a corrected version. Or you just overlook the mistakes because the whole RMT took its time and effort.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Threat List (credits to Heysup)

Black indicates minor threat
Orange indicates a somewhat mild threat
Red indicates a high level threat

Defensive Threats

Blastoise - Mismagius blocks Rapid Spin and strikes back, Omastar can set up on it, Umbreon and Milotic can wittle it down.

Chansey - Set Up Bait for Omastar. Mismagius and Hitmontop stops it cold.

Claydol - Mismagius handles RSer, Umbreon CMer.

Cloyster - Missy blocks RS and strikes back hard. Omastar 2hkos leads.

Cradily - Hitmontop scares it away, Weezing can burn it, Milotic can haze the Chesto Berry variants when they sleep and the Resttalkvariant every time.

Donphan - Weezing walls it, Missy blocks Rapid Spin somewhat but needs a Burn on Donphan to block rapid spin consecutivly.

Mesprit - Stopped cold by Umbreon, Milotic, Mismagius.

Milotic - Omastar can set up on it, Milotic and Umbreon walls it. Not really a threat but so goddamn hard to bring down. Although if it lacks Toxic/Resttalk my own Milo can wittle it down if i can burn it.

Nidoqueen - Cant do much to my team, Hitmontop spins her Entry Hazards away.

Quagsire - Walled by Milotic (and Weezing if physical).

Regirock - Weezing, Hitmontop, Milotic. Haze handles the Curservariant. Omastar can set up on it.

Registeel -
Weezing, Hitmontop, Milotic. Haze handles the Curservariant. Omastar can set up on it.

Rotom - Umbreon, Mismagius - could be tricky to avoid Trick sometimes.

Slowbro - Umbreon, Mismagius, Milotic.

Spiritomb - Umbreon, Milotic. Set-Up Fodder for Omastar.

Umbreon - Hitmontop scares it away, otherwise Milotic can haze its Boosts away.

Uxie - Set Up Fodder for Omastar, Umbreon, Milotic and maybe Mismagius handle it easily.

Weezing - Milotic, Mismagius, if if lacks Thunderbolt Set-Up Bait for Omastar.

Offensive Threats

Absol - Weezing walls any variant bar the one with SD and Psycho Cut. If it gets one SD up and has Psycho Cut i have to pray that WoW from Weezing hits. A burned Absol cant accomplish anything.

Alakazam - Milotic, Umbreon, Mismagius. Just play around it. This thing is one of the reasons why i run so much Special Defense on Milotic.

Ambipom - Weezing, Hitmontop, Omastar.

Arcanine - Milotic, Omastar (if it lacks {Grass}).

Azumarill - Weezing, Hitmontop. The CBverson gets also stopped cold by Milotic if it uses an watermove.

Blaziken - Special ones are no problem. SD-Ken is damn powerful and will take one member of my team with him. Luckily LO and Flareblitz-Recoil will finish it off most of the time itself. The mixed variant needs to be played around. Fuckin freakin dangerous! Thankfully unpopular.

Drapion - Weezing, Hitmontop. Variants without EQ or Sword Dance are Set-Up Bait for Omastar.

Feraligatr - Weezing, Hitmontop/Milotic in emergencies.

Froslass - Cant set up on anything really. Umbreon. Hitmontop spins thanks to Foresight.

Hariyama - Weezing.

Hitmonlee - Weezing.

Hitmontop - Weezing.

Houndoom - Milotic, (Umbreon, Hitmontop).

Kabutops - Seems to be dangerous in Rain after it sets up an Sword Dance. Without one of the conditions (Rain, SD) Weezing, Hitmontop, Milotic wall it.

Kangaskhan
- Weezing, Hitmontop

Leafeon - Weezing.

Magmortar - Milotic, Mismagius.

Mismagius - Umbreon, Milotic.

Moltres -
Milotic, Umbreon.

Omastar - Omastar dents it hard with {Grass}, Milotic hard with Surf, Mismagius with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt.

Raikou - Umbreon checks it nicely. Hitmontop/Mismagius in emergencies.

Rhyperior - Weezing and Hitmontop in tandem stop this behemoth cold. Hitmontop is the first switch in to scout if it is a Subvariant.

Scyther - Weezing handle this wis ease. Omastar in emergencies.

Swellow -
Omastar, Weezing.

Torterra -
Weezing stops it cold.

Venusaur - Weezing = Full stop.

Team Styles

- A damn hard. I need to predict right to beat this sort of team. Biggest problem are Ludicolo/Kabutops in Rain after an Sword Dance, so the Main Goal is to dont let these two set up, and hit them with all i have. LO-Recoil will wittle them down then. If i predict, when the rain ends and offer one Member in the Round before so that Mismagius can come in safely i can prevent any further Rain Set Up with Taunt and kill their Sweepers with Shadow Ball/Thunderbolt.

- Easier to deal with due to the abundance of boosted Stab-Moves. Weezing+Umbreon wall every one their one spectrum (physical/special). Not that much of a problem. Missy spells death again if the Sun runs out.

- Omastar scares Hippopotas away (Surf ohkoes - they will be stupid if they stay in). Mot of the slow SS-Cursers are first Set-Up Bait for Omastar and get then their Boost hazed away by Milotic. Not really a threat.

- What a disgusting playstyle.... I just need to keep entry hazards from the field and ensure that my own (exspecialla SR) arent spun away. Mismagius can wreak havok with Taunt against this team though. The misses suck!

Thats it!

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, Conflict

Great team you got there, some things look really odd to me but it seems they really work; after all nothing works best than unexpected things. My main gripe here is that you have given an absurd amount of Special Defense EVs to Milotic and forgot to focus on it's Defense a bit, which will definitely bite you back if you ever rely to Milotic when countering things like Feraligatr, Rhyperior, Arcanine and Blaziken; and while you say it's important to counter Moltres, with Umbreon there and a spread of 252 HP/200 Def/56 SpDef and a Calm nature you should be safe enough against it.

I guess that's it man. Good luck =)

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
252 HP/56 SpDef with a Calm nature vs Moltres was not safe. The OP is right about how you need a second check for Moltres with Umbreon because one unlucky air slash flinch can spell dead Umbcutieon. Not to mention without Curse/Toxic, Umbreon has no way to force Moltres out.

this is a really solid stall team. I can imagine it would have been a pain to face. I'm an offence kinda guy, so i'm not so knowledgable about stall, but couldnumbreon be replaced by chansey, who can basically run identical set, but with seismic toss over payback?

Looks kinda Blaziken weak. Moltres seems like a sort of bitch too. Since Umbreon is no longer UU, I'd just run Chansey over it and pump up some defensive EV's into Milotic. With Chansey, there's no need for Milotic to be as specially defensive as you have it, because Chansey takes basically every special attack anyway. The defensive EV's would help you a ton in dealing with mixed sweepers lie Blaziken and the occasional LO Nidoking.

Another minor suggestion is to run Flamethrower over Sludge Bomb on Weezing to cover Toxicroak, and then add HP Grass over HP Psychic on Milotic to maintain coverage on the boosting Water-Types. I think it's just more efficient this way, perhaps my personal preference, but you can test it out if you're still using this team.

Since Umbreon is now back to UU, you will need to will the void with another Special Sponge, who can Wish and Cleric. There really is only one replacement

Chansey @ Leftovers
252 Def / 252 SpDef / 4 Spe Calm
~ Wish
~ Protect
~ Seismic Toss
~ Heal Beal
Partners well with Weezing just like Umbreon did, covering each others weaknesses. Covers almost all special attackers, can heal your team with Wish, and wake up 'Resters'. Seismic Toss is Chansey's only attacking move

I would go for Perish Trap Mismagius.

A very effective Stall team, you seem to have most threats covered. GL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)