Dragonite (Update)

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/dragonite

EDIT: Made skeleton Edits after Salamence's Uber status.

[SET]
name: Mixnite
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Superpower / Earthquake
move 4: Extremespeed / Roost
item: Life Orb
nature: Mild / Lonely
evs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Mixed Dragonite functions as an effective wallbreaker in the current metagame. Draco Meteor is the main weapon, dealing hefty damage to any non-steel pokemon not named Blissey. Fire Blast and Earthquake are used to hit those steels. Superpower can be used in place of Earthquake to hit Heatran, Blissey, and Tyranitar better but you will be stuck with a weaker Fire Blast against steels assuming Draco Meteor has already been used. Since the combination of Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Earthquake or Superpower hit everything in OU for neutral damage, the final slot is preference. Extremespeed is ever useful priority that can save you from a devastating sweep. Roost can be used on predicted switches to "death fodder," thus giving Dragonite a second life. However, between Stealth Rock, Life Orb recoil and potential Sandstorm it will take keen prediction to pull off before Dragonite bites the dust. Thunderbolt gives good neutral coverage against many opponents and can OHKO Gyarados and 2HKO Suicune and Vaporeon without lowering Special Attack (the latter two may require Thunderbolt + Draco Meteor depending on their spread).</p>

<p>In addition to being useful in revenge kills, Extremespeed also gives Dragonite an advantage against most leads. Azelf, Aerodactyl, and Infernape more often than not will dedicate their first turn to laying down Stealth Rock while Draco Meteor (or Earthquake in Infernape's case) will OHKO all three, thus breaking their sash so Extremespeed can finish them off. Slower leads such as Hippowdon, Swampert, Heatran, and Metagross are 2HKOed by Draco Meteor, a pair of Fire Blasts or Superpower.</p>

[Additional Comments]
<p> The given EVs allow Dragonite to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar and most defensive pokemon EVed to beat it such as defensive Celebi and Zapdos. Max Special Attack is used to give Draco Meteor and Fire Blast the highest damage output. Mild nature is most efficient at breaking stall, however a Lonely nature can power up Extremespeed to the same power as Adamant Lucario's. It should be noted that when using a Mild nature, 112 Attack EVs is the minimum required to always OHKO Bold Blissey with Stealth Rock.</p>

[Team Options]
<p>When playing this Dragonite one must remember that it is tougher to switch in than Gyarados despite sharing similar resists due to lack of Intimidate. Therefore, it is recommended that Dragonite is paired up with other offensive pokemon with good type synergy. Jirachi and Heatran effectively lure out walls thus giving Dragonite the opportunity switch in on incoming Ground (and Fire in Jirachi's case) attacks. Wish support is also a good way to get Dragonite in. Vaporeon, Blissey, and Jirachi all complement Dragonite well by absorbing namely Ice-type attacks and passing Wish to Dragonite and fellow team members. The latter two are especially helpful through spreading paralysis to help circumvent Dragonite's mediocre Speed. Scizor, Weavile, and Mamoswine, among others, can defeat Dragonite easily with priority and as such a sturdy physical wall will be necessary. Skarmory with its enormous Defense and spectacular typing walls said Pokémon fairly easily, and the Spikes it provides are incredibly valuable to this Dragonite. With Spikes on the field Dragonite has a better chance to OHKO Pokémon such as Swampert, Vaporeon, and Hippowdon with Draco Meteor.</p>

<p>Since Dragonite relies heavily on prediction, it would be wise to first scout the foe's Pokémon. Scizor with U-turn is able to come in with relative ease, force a switch, and then retreat to a counter while getting in a bit of damage. Flygon can accomplish something similar. With a Choice Scarf, it also makes a decent check to Jirachi, Heatran, and Salamence. It is able to OHKO all of them with its powerful STAB moves. Once you know the foe's whole team, overcoming stall will be much easier. Swampert is an effective user of Roar, which can help reveal the foe's team. Swampert is also able to set up Stealth Rock, while countering Flygon who will surely defeat Dragonite. Be sure to have a Stealth Rock user on your team so Dragonite gets all the KOs he needs. Forretress and Skarmory can also set up Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes which will further aid Dragonite's rampage; however you should then make sure there's a reliable counter to Flygon in the wings who can often beat it with ease, along with Dragonite.</p>

name: Bulky Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Earthquake / Fire Punch
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers / Life Orb
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 HP / 52 Atk / 204 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the bread and butter Dragonite set. Dragon Dance and Roost work well in conjunction, so Dragonite can stat up and heal when needed. Dragon Claw is the more reliable STAB attack but Outrage can be used for raw power, which can really prove useful in some situations. Both Earthquake and Fire Punch are secondary attacks that allow Dragonite to achieve near perfect type coverage. However, the difference will always be what pokemon your team is better able to eliminate. Earthquake will leave Dragonite helpless against Skarmory and Bronzong, as well as potential Explosions from Forretress or having to take two Bullet Punches from Scizor. Fire Punch as an alternative can defeat all the aforementioned Pokemon but will leave Dragonite at the mercy of Heatran. Fire Blast can also be used over Fire Punch, as it will have more immediate power than Fire Punch despite the stat-reducing nature due to higher base power.</p>

<p> The choice of item on Bulky Dragon Dance depends on offensive the set aims to be. Leftovers is the main option due to the prevalence of Sandstorm and residual damage, greatly enhancing Dragonite's longevity. This will often allow Dragonite to secure that extra Dragon Dance to cement your victory. However, with Life Orb Dragonite gains a significant boost in power. If one chooses to use a Life Orb, an EV spread of 224 HP / 80 Atk / 204 Spe becomes more efficient, by reducing damage from Life Orb recoil and placing the extra points into attack. After a single Dragon Dance, Metagross is almost always OHKOed with Earthquake after Stealth Rock, a feat that can only be achieved with a Life Orb boost. It should be noted that Earthquake is the superior option if using both a Life Orb and Outrage because it can defeat some grounded pokemon on power alone, where as Fire Punch is normally too weak to do so. This will help prevent premature use of Outrage.</p>

[Team Options]

name: Offensive Dragon Dance
move 2: Dragon Claw / Outrage
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Extremespeed / Fire Punch
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This set takes a more offensive approach to Dragon Dance by foregoing Roost for an extra attack. Find an opportunity to Dragon Dance on one of Dragonite's resists and go for blood. Dragon Claw and Outrage are the choices for STAB, the latter being 50% more powerful at the cost of locking Dragonite in for several turns. Earthquake yields the best coverage with Dragon STAB by hitting most grounded steel-types for super effective damage. The final moveslot is based on preference; Extremespeed will make Dragonite harder to revenge kill and Fire Punch offers additional coverage against Skarmory, Bronzong, Forretress, and Scizor.</p>

<p>Dragonite's nature should be dependent on the move combination selected. A combination of Dragon Claw / Earthquake / Extremespeed is most effective with an Adamant nature, as it will power up Extremespeed which can be used against Pokemon Dragonite cannot outspeed after a Dragon Dance such as Jolteon and faster Scarfers like Flygon. This also allows Dragonite to use Extremespeed and potentially knock out Mamoswine and Weavile before they Ice Shard it. Alternatively, Outrage can be used on this combination for maximum power, as it can still 2HKO most steel types. A combination of Outrage / Earthquake / Fire Punch is most effective with a Jolly nature because it is able to outspeed every non-scarfed Pokemon in OU as well as Scarf Heatran after a Dragon Dragon Dance. Additionally, Dragon / Ground / Fire achieves perfect coverage.</p>

[Team Options]

<p>Like all Dragonite sets, this set will appreciate Rapid Spin support to alleviate the 25% toll Dragonite will have to pay for switching in while Stealth Rock is up. Starmie, Forretress, and Tentacruel are the most popular and effective choices in OU for Rapid Spin. Forretress and Tentacruel can also lay entry hazards to weaken opposing teams for a sweep. Like most offensive sweepers, Dragonite appreciates Stealth Rock and Spikes support to turn potential 2HKOs into OHKOs.</o>

<p>Offensively, Dragonite loves being paired with Pokemon that can lure and defeat steel-types so it can freely use Outrage. Magnezone is the obvious candidate for this due to its ability to trap and eliminate any steel type depending on its set. Ironically, Magnezone can also switch into Choice Scarf Heatran attempting to revenge Dragonite with Dragon Pulse or Hidden Power Ice and proceed to kill with Thunderbolt. Trick + Iron Ball Metagross is also an effective partner as it can bring common counters Rotom, Skarmory, and Bronzong "down to earth" by making them susceptible to Earthquake and Spikes. Defensively, Dragonite pairs perfectly type-wise with Jirachi, who can use Wish to keep it healthy. Jirachi can also attempt a sweep itself on the other side of the spectrum with Calm Mind.</p>

name: Choice Band
move 1: Extremespeed
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Fire Punch
move 4: Dragon Claw / Superpower
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

What is changed?

• Earthquake is unnecessary, Fire Punch 2HKOs every steel in the game.
  • Extremespeed is most important
  • Dragon Claw for not getting locked in
Why this deserves a set

• Extremespeed is 90% as strong as CB Scizor Bullet Punch with better neutrality
  • Outrage 2HKOs every non-steel physical wall
  • Fire Punch 2HKOs every steel except Heatran, which loses to Superpower
Additional Comments:

• Jolly outspeeds Adamant Lucario and Gyarados
  • Everything said above in Why?
Teammates and Counters:

• Cleans house with Spikes
  • Rapid Spin support helpful
  • Pursuit rids Ghosts for Extremespeed onslaught
name: Cleric Dancer
move 2: Heal Bell
move 3: Roost
move 4: Dragon Claw
item: Leftovers
nature: Careful
evs: 252 HP / 216 SpD / 40 Spe

What have I changed?

• Nothing, just the EV spread. Outspeed Timid Ros / Jolly Luke after dance, along with neutral base 100s.
Cleric set is fine.

name: Agility
move 1: Agility
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Blast / Thunderbolt
nature: Naughty / Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 52 SpA / 204 Spe

Why this deserves a set?

• Outspeed ScarfJirachi and Flygon after Agility, OHKO both
  • Outrage is just as strong as +1 Dragon Claw so I'm missing how this isn't powerful enough...?
Additional Comments:

• Fire Blast beats Impish Skarm, does a lot to Special Defensive Skarm.
  • Dragon Claw picks off weakened and frail offensive pokemon and Outrage bait (OHKOs Gengar, Salamence, Kingdra with Stealth Rock, for example) without locking yourself in.
  • Outrage OHKOs Scarf Rotom 100% of the time.
Teammates and Counters:

• Residual damage
  • still susceptible to priority
  • Won't beat dedicated defensive walls.

Yeah the Offensive DD we decided to take down as QC didn't have Extremespeed on it. I can see the merits of that, and have taken a pretty hefty hit from that set in the past personally. I approve of that set.

I don't like Scarf for a few reasons:

1. CB ES is probably preferred in most situations bar DD TTar.
2. Scarf Mence partially works because it can outspeed +1 Gyarados and at least tie other +1 Mences. Also, Intimidate really adds utility to Mence as a whole, so if you lose the speed tie vs other DD Mences, at least they're only at +0 Atk for something else to KO.
3. This doesn't even outspeed +Spe ScarfTrans, which would be pretty lame if they could revenge KO you.

I think SDS said he wanted to test out Agility Dragonite, so I'll wait to hear back from his results before weighing in on that one.

I like the merge of Lead and Mix, great idea.

Change "DD + 2 Attack" to "Bulky DD" and yeah otherwise looks good.

Great fixes in here. Sorry all my comments are jumbled and not in the order you posted... I'm kinda hung over <_<

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
On the CB set, that set currently has no way to deal with Heatran other than Superpower (which is slashed); with Heatran being such a huge threat in today's metagame, I'm not sure that this is a good idea. Waterfall is also a good way to deal with Gliscor and Hippowdon without getting locked into Outrage, so I feel that should be slashed in, over perhaps Dragon Claw.

I don't really view Heatran as such a big threat in the metagame worthy enough to dedicate an entire slot specifically for.. Superpower is only given a slash BECAUSE of Heatran, high base power, and good neutrality with your dragon moves. Waterfall does have its merits and I planned on explaining that in set comments, but Dragon Claw does a lot of good things for the set, like 2HKOing Vaporeon (Dragon Claw and Outrage both 2HKO, but Dragon Claw you aren't locked in or protect stalled) as well as just a general ass kicker. In most situations, Outrage is actually overkill, as its really only needed to 2HKO extra bulky shit like Hippo and Cune. Dragon Claw does a minimum of 50% to Gliscor anyway who does nothing in return, so its not like hes a huge factor there.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm approving all these changes except the Scarf set, which as Philip outlined, doesn't meet any special characteristic as for having such set on-site. On the other hand, the Agility set (which I could test out by myself or wait for Seven Deadly Sins to weigh in) doesn't get my stamp yet, as I would like to see detailed results regarding its performance before taking a decision. Once the OP gets updated with said changes, and other QCers give their opinion on this set, I'll give it my stamp.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Agility was mainly incredible in Suspect, where it could OHKO *all* the suspects as well as setting up on Shaymin-S and outspeeding it after an Agility. In OU, I can mainly see it outclassed horribly by Metagross as "bulky slowish Agility user", but I'll try and think up a spread and a set. I remember that it was able to do some pretty devastating damage to offensive teams.

I'll test it out a little bit before weighing in on it officially.

On the offensive DD set, maybe Outrage deserves a mention as a secondary option over Dragon Claw?

The sheer power alone gives it some merit in my opinion. It can 2HKO specially defensive Skarm, and Bronzong with rocks after a Dragon Dance which can be helpful if you do not run Fire Punch.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't really view Heatran as such a big threat in the metagame worthy enough to dedicate an entire slot specifically for.
I'd honestly completely disagree. It's at least worth slashing Earthquake for in addition to Superpower.

I would rename Dragon Dance "Bulky DD" or "Roost DD" rather than Two Attacks. Makes it easier to identify from the name.

Yeah I'm no moderator and therefore could not approve or not but this is actually a great uptate although as Philip7086 mentioned the scarf set is shaky because scarfmence can actually use special attacks especially things like Draco meteor more effectively as it has superior special attack and obviously better speed

Could Aqua Tail be mentioned in set/additional comments for the DD +3 attacks for the simple fact of neutral coverage of water + dragon ? It also 2hko's sp.def Skarm after a boost with SR and does 35.3% - 41.6% to Physical def Skarm which is ok for a neutral attack and 2hko's most Bronzong whilst maintaining coverage vs Heatran and hits bulky grounds. The downside is not being able to hit Meta and Jira that well, but that is what spikes are for. =P

Could Aqua Tail be mentioned in set/additional comments for the DD +3 attacks for the simple fact of neutral coverage of water + dragon ? It also 2hko's sp.def Skarm after a boost with SR and does 35.3% - 41.6% to Physical def Skarm which is ok for a neutral attack and 2hko's most Bronzong whilst maintaining coverage vs Heatran and hits bulky grounds. The downside is not being able to hit Meta and Jira that well, but that is what spikes are for. =P
Aqua Tail and Waterfall are blatantly outclassed by Dragonite's other options. DD + 3 Attacks needs either Dragon Claw or Outrage and two of Fire Punch, Earthquake, and Extremespeed. On MixNite there is no room whatsoever and the same is true for CBNite (why it was mentioned before beats me-everything else is superior).

I have liked everything but Agility and Scarf. Agility just didn't pack enough punch and the SR weakness really hurt. It was nice for the surprise factor but wasn't going much after that. The Scarf set just seemed ouclassed by scarf'd Salamence, who is not the best scarfer himself. Otherwise I fully support switching this up as this update is seriously overdue (I tried to update the CB set a while ago but nothing happened).

Aqua Tail and Waterfall are blatantly outclassed by Dragonite's other options. DD + 3 Attacks needs either Dragon Claw or Outrage and two of Fire Punch, Earthquake, and Extremespeed. On MixNite there is no room whatsoever and the same is true for CBNite (why it was mentioned before beats me-everything else is superior).
I wasn't referring to MixNite or CBNite, i said specifically the DD+3 Attacks.

Aqua Tail really isnt as inferior as you're making it out to be, especially when it grants fantastic neutral coverage with both dragon and normal, something which that set desperately needs (with no ES you are an inferior Mence so have to give up coverage as you are limited to 1 slot for said coverage, dd/ed/outrage/?? basically). I know i don't like having to choose to be walled totally by Skarm and Zong or Heatran. The water move is basically a "catch all" move.

edited in the first set. Phew that took a while!

Anyway, with the Dragon Dace, Two Attacks set I'm hesitant to call it "bulky DD." While it has HP investment the cleric dancer is the true "bulky DD." DD + 2 Attacks really is DD + 2 attacks just with Roost. It's power output is the same as Naive DD Salamence (yes I will list Outrage).

Also, am I supposed to label Additional Comments with a tag? Thanks.

I'm not one to proofread but I'll give you my take.
[SET]
name: Mixnite
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Fire Blast
move 3: Earthquake / Superpower
move 4: Extremespeed / Roost
nature: Mild / Lonely
evs: 52 Atk / 252 SpA / 204 Spe

<p>Mixed Dragonite functions extremely very similarly to Mixed Salamence. While Salamence generally has the advantage when it comes to using this set because of its higher Special Attack and Speed, Dragonite's unique access to Superpower and Extremespeed can prove more valuable to some teams. Draco Meteor is the main weapon, dealing hefty damage to any non-steel pokemon not named barring Blissey. Fire Blast and Earthquake are used to hit those steels. Superpower can be used in place of Earthquake to hit Heatran, Blissey, and Tyranitar better harder but you will be stuck with a weaker Fire Blast against steels assuming Draco Meteor has already been used.What? Since the combination of Draco Meteor, Fire Blast, and Earthquake or Superpower hit everything in OU for neutral damage, the final slot is preference. Extremespeed is ever-useful priority that can save you from a devastating sweep.How? Roost can be used on predicted switches to "death fodder," thus giving Dragonite a second life. However, between Stealth Rock, Life Orb recoil and potential Sandstorm it will take keen prediction to pull off before Dragonite bites the dust.[But you're healing...I would think about omitting this] Thunderbolt gives good neutral coverage against many opponents and can OHKO Gyarados and 2HKO Suicune and Vaporeon without lowering Special Attack (the latter two may require Thunderbolt + Draco Meteor depending on their spread).</p>Well worded. My commentary is just to try and make you write this like no one has had much experience with pokemon before. Expand a little. Also, why not use Thunderbolt? You only gave the positives. Why not over the two iffy options in E-Speed and Roost?

<p>In addition to being useful in revenge kills, Extremespeed also gives Dragonite an advantage against most leads. Azelf, Aerodactyl, and Infernape more often than not will dedicate their first turn to laying down Stealth Rock while Draco Meteor (or Earthquake in Infernape's case) will OHKO all three, thus breaking their sash so Extremespeed can finish them off. Slower leads such as Hippowdon, Swampert, Heatran, and Metagross are 2HKOed by Draco Meteor or a pair of Fire Blasts or Earthquakes.</p>I feel this paragraph should really focus on Dragonite's prowess as a lead. You should force the use of Extremespeed on this variant of MixNite and should give a pro-con to Superpower or Earthquake.

<p> The given EVs allow Dragonite to outspeed Jolly Tyranitar and most defensive pokemon EVed to beat it such as defensive Celebi and Zapdos. Max Special Attack is used to give Draco Meteor and Fire Blast the highest damage output. A Mild nature is most efficient at breaking stall, however a Lonely nature can power up Extremespeed to roughly the same power as an Adamant Lucario's. It should be noted that when using a Mild nature, 112 Attack EVs is the minimum required to always OHKO Bold Blissey with Stealth Rock with Superpower.</p> Pretty basic paragraph. You should probably point out that you need Superpower but other than that well done. Maybe find EVs necessary to OHKO with Stealth Rock down?

<Team Options and Additional Comments> (or however you format that)
<p>When playing this Dragonite one must remember that it is tougher to switch in than Salamence due to lower speed and lack of Intimidate. Therefore, it is recommended that Dragonite is paired up with other offensive pokemon with good type synergy. Jirachi and Heatran effectively lure out walls thus giving Dragonite the opportunity switch in on incoming Ground (and Fire in Jirachi's case) attacks. Wish support is also a good way to get Dragonite in. Vaporeon, Blissey, and Jirachi all complement Dragonite well by absorbing namely Ice-type attacks and passing Wish to Dragonite and fellow team members. The latter two are especially helpful through spreading paralysis to help circumvent Dragonite's mediocre Speed. Scizor, Weavile, and Mamoswine, among others, can defeat Dragonite easily with priority and as such a sturdy physical wall will be necessary Necessary? How about a Steel/Ice resist? Like...Jirachi and Vaporeon (or any bulky water), who were both mentioned before.. Skarmory with its enormous Defense and spectacular typing walls said Pokémon fairly easily, and the Spikes it provides are incredibly valuable to this Dragonite. With Spikes on the field Dragonite has a better chance to OHKO Pokémon such as Swampert, Vaporeon, and Hippowdon with Draco Meteor.</p> I feel like you don't have to be so...specific so quickly. Make a broad claim, like Dragonite likes bulky water teammates. Then list why and who. Swampert and Dragonite resist each others weaknesses and Swampert provides SR. Empoleon comes in on priority attack aimed at Dragonite and sets up for a sweep, helped because Blissey has been severely wounded or taken down. Magnezone couples with Nite to resist every type in the game and gets rid of steels, allowing you to freely fire DMs.

<p>Since Dragonite relies heavily on prediction, it would be wise to first scout the foe's Pokémon. Scizor with U-turn is able to come in with relative ease, force a switch, and then retreat to a counter while getting in a bit of damage. Flygon can accomplish something similar. With a Choice Scarf, it also makes a decent check to Jirachi, Heatran, and Salamence. It is able to OHKO all of them with its powerful STAB moves. Once you know the foe's whole team, overcoming stall will be much easier. Swampert is an effective user of Roar, which can help reveal the foe's team. Swampert is also able to set up Stealth Rock, while countering Flygon and Salamence who will surely defeat Dragonite. Be sure to have a Stealth Rock user on your team so Dragonite gets all the KOs he needs. Forretress and Skarmory can also set up Spikes and/or Toxic Spikes which will further aid Dragonite's rampage; however you should then make sure there's a reliable counter to Salamence in the wings who can often beat it with ease, along with Dragonite.</p> Again, Swampert could come before. Note Flygon exposing you to Ice weakness.

Very well done. I'm being a bit nitpicky but I've been wanting a well written Dragonite section for so long, I thought I should put in some effort of my own.
Red means I would take out.
Green means I would add.
Just bolded is my commentary (far more reasonable than my attempted fixes).

hm...That looks a bit muddled. Sorry about that.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dragon Dance + 2 Attacks is a stupid name when you consider that it's an actual "bulky Dragon Dance" set. There's a difference between "bulky dd" and "super defensive mono cleric dd". I'm with Phil, change the name to Bulky Dragon Dance.

Setsuna

Prototype
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@eastamazonantidote: I'm not going to delete your last post as it was an honest attempt to grammar check the OP. However, you should note that in this sub-forum we only check the availability, effectiveness and quality of sets that people propose, and hence determine if these sets deserve a spot on-site or not. Proofreading is not what we do here; bear this in mind ;)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
[18:18:38] <+supermarth64> does anyone else think that superpower should be the primary option over eq on the mixnite set
[18:18:43] * MetaNite is now known as MN|DINNER
[18:18:52] <+supermarth64> i mean, it's that and espeed that you're using mixnite instead of mixmence for
[18:18:59] <+MN|DINNER> it was always the primary option wasn't it
[18:19:04] <+supermarth64> not on RL's update
[18:19:05] <@whistle> yes
[18:19:07] <+MN|DINNER> or did rl change it
[18:19:12] <+MN|DINNER> poopy
[18:19:38] <+MN|DINNER> it should definitely be primary if we want to "capitalize on Dragonite's advantages over mence"

So yea, Superpower > EQ on the Mixnite set or else you're basically using "slower Mixmence with ESpeed". Also mention that if using 112 Atk to take it out of SpA to make sure you don't lose Speed.

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
Again, I'd rather see DD + 2 Attacks changed to Bulky Dragon Dance and DD + 3 Attacks changed to Offensive Dragon Dance, as they look better and convey the purpose of the sets better.

Again, I'd rather see DD + 2 Attacks changed to Bulky Dragon Dance and DD + 3 Attacks changed to Offensive Dragon Dance, as they look better and convey the purpose of the sets better.
I second this. Also, why isn't Outrage slashed in on the more offensive DD set when it is slashed in the more defensive one?

@Setsuna: sorry about that. Won't happen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)