RMT Outspeed!

I made this team beacuse I'm tired of people outspeed me all the time.

Here goes; in deph:

Mamoswine @ Life orb
Jolly Nature
252 spe/252 atk/6hp
Ability: Snow Coak
- Rest
- Earthquake
- Stealth rock
- Ice Beam

Description: This lead rocks; Kills all those pesky leads, Metagross, Tyrannitar, Heatran, to mention a few. Stealth Rock helps ending switchers. Ice beam is for dragons and grass who is a big counter If i encounter psychic i switch to my scizor. It outspeed most water, so a EQ w/ life orb can take down much nasty stuff. rest is to backup the loss of leftovers and the recoil of life orb.

Scizor @ Life orb
Jolly Nature
252 spe/252 atk/6 hp
Ability: Technician
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Morning sun

Description: Fast force, it oustpeed nearly everything, can u-turn those psychics, bullet punch for rock and ice, superpower for fighting, normal, and dark. Fire is a big counter so i will then u-turn and switch to my starmie.
Morning sun tops the thing, with outspeeded recovery this can last very long.

Gliscor @ Life orb
jolly Nature
252 spe/252 atk/6 hp
Ability: Hyper Cutter
- Fire Fang
- Wing Attack
- X-scissor
- Earthquake

Description: It is silent, it looks good and it's deadly; EQ if somehow Mamo is dead, FF for the steel and grass who is bad counters. X-scissor for psychic and dark. WW for fighting, bugs and a nice STAB. If I enounter electric I EQ. If water, I switch if I know I can't outspeed them, like kingdra...

Gengar @ Life orb
Timid Nature
252 spe/252 special atk/6 hp
Ability: Levitate
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Punch
- Energy Ball
- Explosion

Description: Now this is a funny guy; TB on water and flying. EB for water/ground like swampert. FP for grass, steel, ice and bug. Ghost and dark are it's counters, therefore I'll explode on dark and other pokes i don't like, blissey, gyarados and stuff. Ghost then i'll switch to Scizor.

Starmie @ Life orb
Timid Nature
252 spe/252 special atk76 hp
Ability: Natural Cure
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Hp ground

Description: TB on water and flying, Hp ground for electric and swampert, Ice Beam if Mamo somehow is dead. Surf for ground and rock. Most counters are ground and electric but both are covered, and I think it might outspeed jolteon.

Crobat @ Life orb
Jolly Nature
252 spe/252 atk/6hp
Ability: Inner Focus
- Brave Bird
- Hp ground
- Heat wave
- Tailwind

Description: BB kills fighting and bugs and STAB, HP ground is for those damned elctrics. Heat wave for steel, grass, ice and bug. Talwind to increase speed on my team to take out DD gyarados, kingdra, jolteon.

please rate and tell me what I can do to make it better if any possiblity ;P

Peace out.. WintherKnight

Winther, I have some suggestions. On Mamo, while ice beam is powerful by itself, ice fang could be useful as well, as you have a jolly nature, but if you changed the nature ice beam could be quite useful. Rest can be used too, but that two free turns for your opponent could end mamo's existence or allow them to set up.
Scizor could easily use Roost over Morning Sun, because Roost heals 50% of your HP, while Morning Sun only heals 25% in weather, and weather of course is common in OU (sand a little more than hail). I'd advised you before that Aerial Ace is slightly better than Wing Attack, as it won't miss. Gengar could accept a different nature to give Fire Punch and Explosion more power, while not sacrificing your Attack stat. I find no problems with Starmie, as I'm sure it works quite well. With Crobat, I must say, was a cool idea giving it Tailwind, as long as you can defeat the DDers quickly.
Despite these shortcomings, your team works together nicely (as i've found out lol). But if the item clause were active, you couldn't use them, as you equipped Life Orb on them all, but that is a rather minor problem. Anyways, I look forward to hopefully hearing success about your team. Regardless, see you around then.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm not a very good rater, i'm a noob at rating TBH, so there are much better raters out there, but i'll do my best.

And i'll say this: Your team isn't well-prepared and bad. And you should feel bad.

Anyway, i'll start.

Fire Punch on Gengar.. ?

What ?

And i don't see the point of giving Crobat a Jolly nature and giving him HP Ground and Heat Wave.

Imma do each Pokemon individually:

Mamoswine: instead of Jolly, give him Adamant, Endeavor, Ice Shard, Earthquake, Stealth Rock and an EV spread of 252 Spe and Attack holding a Focus Sash, Endeavor + Ice Shard are guaranteed to kill at least the opposite lead, this Mamoswine can also be saved for later in the game to Revenge Kill with Ice Shard, but a spinner might be needed. You can 2HKO Aerodactyl while it Taunts you/sets up Stealth Rock and also 2HKO/OHKO Roserade leads and hope they're Sleep Powder misses, Azelf can be hard to handle, but they usually go for Stealth Rocks the first turn so yeah, it's all just a prediction game. But overall Mamoswine isn't the best lead out there.

Scizor: What are you trying to outspeed with 252 Spe EVs ? Instead, give it the standard EV spread of 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe and a moveset of U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Superpower and Pursuit holding a Choice Band.

Gliscor: Stall teams can cause some trouble to this team, especially Blissey, Thunder Waving everything that she can or Toxicing the shit out of anything except Steel types, so i suggest using the Stallbreaker set that can be found here. It can help you get rid of annoying Blissey and Clefable and help you prevent other Pokemon from setting up on you.

Gengar: I couldn't help but laugh at this moveset. Fire Punch ? wtf ? I highly suggest changing that to HP Fire, if you really want a Fire move on him, and giving it a Choice Specs is better IMO [or ScarfTrick, if you want.], or if you really want to counter Steel types, get a Magnezone instead of this guy.

Starmie: Rapid Spin is suggested on this set, i also recommend switching Surf for Hydro Pump for more power and little less accuracy but that's just me. Other than that, this set is fine.

Crobat: Giving it Jolly nature and Heat Wave/HP Ground is redundant, totally switch it to Naive if you wanna keep the moves, and why HP Ground ? You already have Heat Wave for Steel types, and Heatran can be countered easily with Starmie, so i suggest switching that.

Your team, especially Gliscor, is very weak to DD Gyarados, it can come in on Gliscor [if it doesn't have Taunt, that is], grab a DD or two, and then proceed to sweep your whole team, Stall teams also can be very annoying.

This is the best i could do, i'm not a good rater so i can't tell you which Pokemon can threaten your team, the only Pokemon i could think of that could do that is Gyarados, this team also lacks reliable Physical and Special Walls, Sciaor can come in, Swords Dance and Bullet Punch the shit outta this team.

@ Arikado Thanks for the suggestions.

fire Punch on gengar is to switch in to kill Ice, grass.

Mamoswine: the thing is to outspeed most leads to KO them, if i go jolly, that'll be hard. I thinking ice shard, but it's powers makes me sad. and you ain't gonna get my Life orbs.

Scizor: outspeed the recovery. again life orb's stayin'

Gliscor: The stall breaker you mentioned is quite interesting, but ain't fan of taunt.

Gengar; was for the fire power ye, hp fire sounds goo, i thinking bout shadow ball also.

Starmie; I want top accuracy, no spinner..

Crobat: hp ground deal with it's electric counters, Heat wave deal with steel, they ain't expecting it.

if DD gyara cming, I'll switch in Gengar, with TB or explosion if needed.

Ok dude, sorry to break it to you, but a LO Jolteon w/ Timid w/ a moveset of:
Thunderbolt
ShadowBall
Hidden Power Ice
*Whatever move here*

Totally sweeps your team.

Gengar is OHKO by Shadow Ball
Starmie DOES NOT OUTSPEED Jolteon for jack.
Crobat does not take enough damage to even 2HKO a Jolteon. *EVEN WITH BRAVE BIRD.*
Gliscor is slaughtered with Hidden Power Ice.

Only Chance to take out that Jolteon is your Mamo, but Shadow Ball from Jolteon will take half off him before he goes down.

So, I can suggest a decent Special Wall, OR a Scarflygon and replacing Crobat with him, since he makes a good partner w/ Starmie absorbing Thunder Bolts directed to her, and Starmie absorbing Ice Beams, and he can revenge Jolteon with a Earthquake.

Of course, I'm not a expert RMTer, and I bet anyone could give better advice..Good luck though! :)

EDIT:

And change Gengar nature to Naive/Hasty if your gonna pack Explosion, and change the EV's to..

100attack/156SpAttack/252speed

Change Explosion to Sub, Fire Punch with Focus Punch, and Energy Ball with Shadow Ball.

Sub up while they go in to a Special Wall, and you can Focus Punch Away.

Focus Punch 2HKO's Blisseys, taking 53.8%-63.8% off, which is alot for a pokemon without decent attack.

So basically, the set should look like..

Gengar@Life Orb
Nature: Naive/Hasty
-Shadow Ball
-ThunderBolt/Explosion
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

EV's: 100attack/156SpAttack/252 Speed.

This is actually a Smogon SubPunch set, so you can read up more there.

Holy crap, this team really needs some work. Not to be harsh or anything but its really not very good at all. :(

Mamoswine is a good lead, but I would replace Rest with Stone Edge. Gives you excellent coverage with Stone Edge and Earthquake. So Mamo is pretty good to go.

Everything else is pretty "o_o;". On Scizor, why would you use Morning Sun and not Roost? Roost is better because of how common Tyranitar is and its Sand Stream ability makes Morning Sun only heal for 25%, instead of Roosts 50% and Sunny Day is almost non-existent in OU. I guess the EV spread is okay, it could probably be better but its whatever.

Gliscor really has a pretty terribad moveset. The only thing worth keeping is Earthquake. Wing Attack is a terrible move, Aerial Ace is better but even Aerial Ace sucks. Fire Fang and X-Scissor are also really awful. I think something like a Swords Dance set would work nicely on Gliscor. Since its fast, and has a pretty good attack stat. Roost is also a good selling point for Gliscor so it can heal itself back up to prolong its sweeping potential.

Gliscor @ Life Orb | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe | Jolly Nature
Swords Dance / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Roost

That Gengar set is horrible. If you want a full on offensive Gengar don't use Fire Punch. -.- Hidden Power [Fire] is better since it is a special move, Fire Punch is physical. You Gengar also has no STAB move. This is v. bad because that means it will hit like a girl. So drop Energy Ball for Shadow Ball, keep Thunderbolt and Explosion is optional, I prefer Pain Split but if you really like Exploding on Blissey, etc, then keep it.

Your Starmie has too many EVs, but don't worry, we are revamping it anyway. :D Starmie doesn't need Hidden Power [Ground] at all. Surf, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt let it hit everything it needs to, besides Lanturn. I would put Recover as the last slot so that you can keep it around for longer.

Crobat is a pretty "meh" pokemon. You don't have any scarfer to revenge kill stuff for you, which is bad since a lot of stuff can set up on your team. LO Jolteon also tears through you as mentioned earlier so I would consider dropping Crobat altogether and replacing it with Choice Scarf Flygon. It will allow you to revenge a lot of stuff and its a pretty good pokemon in its own right, despite how overrated I think it is.

Flygon @ Choice Scarf | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Jolly Nature
Earthquake | Outrage | U-Turn | ThunderPunch

It also happens to fit the bill of "fast" pokemon.

So I hope my changes helped and I didn't come across as too mean or anything, and lastly good luck. :toast:

change ice beam to ice shard. you OHKO dragonite and gliscor 100% with priority instead of without it. ice beam is a TERRIBLE move, esp because you are running a -sp atk nature. trust me 40 BP ice shard will do more damage than 95 BP ice beam to almost everything because your attack is over 2.5x your special attack. if you want more power go ice fang, but drop ice beam regardless. also i 2nd the opinion to drop rest. with no berry or cleric on your team and without sleep talk mamo is worse than dead when its asleep and just plain setup fodder.

On Scizor Change morning sun since you dont have sunny day. sandstorm is really common and will drop your recovery to something meaningless. also drop the speed EV's to 180 to outspeed standard magnezone and drop the other 76 into HP. if you are really paranoid about max speed magnezone do 216 speed and 40 hp. apart from magnezone there isnt really anything that the speed helps you vs.

on Gliscor, Aerial ace>>wing attack, same damage with perfect accuracy even with items/abilities from opponent. also gliscor really needs should have roost, drop one of the 3 non-eq moves for it. actually its probably better to drop 2 and add taunt as well.

On gengar drop fire punch for Hidden power fire. fire punch SUCKS on gengar cause it has like no attack. Fire bunch vs Scizor does barely over half, 4x effective and not an OHKO=bad

On starmie dont use HP ground vs swampert =.=; surf hits it harder and if you really dont like pert use HP grass. also you outrun modest jolteon, but not timid. since there is no way to tell what they are only way is to risk getting yourself killed to find out. also HP ground is stupid because super effective HP ground does 140, while neutral surf does 142.5. Surf is better vs everything but lanturn lol. change to rapid spin or recover

On Crobat, drop HP ground and heat wave. with -sp atk you arnt going to be doing shit even if you hit super effectively. for example -sp def heatran arnt even OHKO'd by HP ground and it doesnt even do HALF to jolteon. Crobat isnt really the type of poke to kill stuff, but if you really want to use it offensively cross poison is another stab option that doesnt hurt you so much and X-scizor/u-turn are also relatively usable options.
really though i would suggest a Roost/Taunt/Super Fang/U-turn Crobat, jolly nature 252 speed 252 hp 4 atk. fire off super fangs to halve the hp of whatever is in or switches in, taunt status users/setup ppl, u-turn when you see something you dont like and get the counter in

People have laughed at the Gengar enough, now on to the Scizor.

Morning Sun? WTF? Scizor has ROOST for a reason. Morning Sun has 8PP at max and heals 25% in sandstorm which is in like 20% of battles out there. The only time it's going to be better than Roost is when against a Sunny Day team, which is full of FIRE and HOT SCIZOR KILLING THINGS. Although I appreciate 252 Speed and Jolly nature, you can laugh at Steel "Killer" Magnezone.

Gliscor looks surprisingly good on paper, but X-Scissor is stupid as the only things you'll be hurting are Celebi who Leaf Storms you to hell and back. Cresselia? No one sees it anymore, and it has Ice Beam to freeze your sorry ass off. Tyrannitar you can hit with Earthquake just the same. Umbreon...CurseBreon gives you a little trouble without X-Scissor, so you should replace it with Taunt. Fire Fang and Aerial Ace are rather gimmicky, but meh. Dead Scizor, Heracross and Breloom must be really important to you.

Crobat, Crobat, Crobat. Use Naive and drop Tailwind for Nasty Plot or something that actually lasts more than 3 frickin' turns.Trust me, I've tried Tailwind Suicune and it failed miserably.

Sorry haven't get used to all the Dppt moves, will replace, fire punch, wing attack, morning sun.

I actually like energyball on gengar can OHKO swampert.

Gliscor x-scissor, takes 70% psychic, then switch in scizor to u-turn
Not at all I just failed on that move, didn't have right thoughts.. hehe, ofc Fire fang is wasted..

I wonde replace tailwind.

Mamoswine: IB actually Ohko Gliscor and Dragonite without Ice shard, but I wondering either use Ice shard or ice fang instead.

Starmie: Hp ground take care of Jolteon and lanturn, but yeah probably hp grass would do the trick, and recover to make it last.

Edit: Actually Fire fang on Gliscor was for grass, any suggestions instead?

And the stamie Ev was just a slash that wasn't inserted correctly ofcourse it's onl 6 hp

Lots of changes need to be made. Lots.
I agree, but your approach is a bit draconian. It's better to focus more on making thoughtful suggestions and explaining them instead of continously asserting "that's really dumb." At least you didn't try to persuade him to use Double Bluff Scizor (?)

I'll just make one suggestion for now. There are some other changes that I would like to make, but they're mostly moveset-based, so you should be able to find the best options after playtesting.

The team is indeed generally fast-paced, but a notable exception is Scizor. I see what you're trying to do by making it Jolly, but the truth is that Scizor is just not a fast Pokemon, even with a +Speed nature.

The easiest way to remedy this and allow Scizor to fit better into the fast-paced nature of the team would be to try out the new-ish Choice Scarf Scizor:

Scizor @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Ability: Technician
- Superpower
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

With this set, you outspeed both Gengar and Starmie, allowing you to easily guarantee a kill on both with Pursuit after a little residual damage. You can also U-turn for a OHKO on Starmie, as very few people will expect to be outsped.

Good luck with your team!

Well, first of all...

Lots of changes need to be made. Lots.
I hate to rate other peoples' rates, but this is necessary. Lucien Lachance, your rate was just miserable. Hahaha. Mamoswine is definitely not a Dark type Pokemon (he is a Ground/Ice).
I agree with Lucien's (as well as everyone else's) idea of switching Ice Beam out to Ice Shard. Ice Shard will give you some nice priority at the start of your match, and can come in late-game to sweep up some of the fodder. Consider checking out the standard Mamoswine Lead set, which consists of:
**A Life Orb! ~This will allow you to pack quite a punch behind your Ice Shards and Earthquakes. You already run a Life Orb on this fellow, so I hope switching over to a priority move will further his effectiveness.
**Stealth Rock, Earthquake, Ice Shard, and Protect! ~With this moveset, you can send a good selection of leads packing, while still carrying a powerhouse for late-game. Remember what I said about sweeping up fodder? No one likes a Life Orb Ice Shard coming from a Mamoswine. Except maybe Jirachi.

Let's scrap your Scizor and start over. That'll make everyone a bit happier, including me. Scizor won't be outspeeding the OU, let alone a hostile Luvdisc. Your current investment is pretty worthless without a Choice Scarf. Oh, hey! There's a set for that!
Let's take 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe... Throw on a Choice Scarf... Drop your Morning Sun and replace it with Pursuit... And call it a day! Keep his nature at Jolly; this boxing bug will welcome the speed increase with open arms.
Look on the bright side. He can still deliver a pesky Bullet Paaauunch!

Gliscor is a favorite of mine for many reasons. He's bulky. He's got muscle. He can even dodge a flailing BlisseyQuake aimed at your Mamoswine. Let's switch up your game-plan a little bit. We can bulk him up a small bit and give him a Swords Dance (I guess, if you're into that kind of thing), or we can make him a viable stallbreaker. I can easily tell you that Blissey will be a pain in the neck if you can't get rid of her.
Hyper Cutter for an ability. Keep his Jolly nature going. Take those HP investments and throw them into Defense. And give him this moveset:
Taunt, Roost, Earthquake, and Thunder Fang. Without a Tyranitar on your side, Sand Veil will be useless. Hyper Cutter will shut down a Gyarados switch-in's Intimidate, and you will be able to retaliate with your Thunder Fang. With your current investment in Speed and a Jolly nature, you will be outspeeding the wanna-be dragon.

Onto your Gengar! Now, as everyone has previously stated, you need some work done on this fellow. In Generation 4, there was a Physical/Special switch, which caused some moves that were previously reliable to become trash. In this case, Gengar's Fire Punch. Replace his Fire Punch with Hidden Power Fire. Not only will this keep him more specialized on the Special-side, but you can focus on getting Focus Blast on him. Try dropping Explosion for Focus Blast for a few matches. See how that works out for you.

Starmie won't outspeed Jolteon. And it never will, so long as I am alive and rating teams. I went into my kitchen and poured myself a glass of orange juice for this rate. Check it.
Starmie is a fairly versatile Pokemon in the OU tier. It can get rid of Stealth Rock and the variants of Spikes with Rapid Spin. It can sweep with a Life Orb set. And, hey, it can even be a carrier of Trick. Keeping your Starmie as close as I possibly can to what you already have, I've settled on this change:
Drop HP Ground and replace it with Grass Knot. If you don't come in to revenge-kill a Swampert with your Gengar, you can switch-in your Starmie on a Waterfall and take it down.

Crobat. Oh, the wonderful things he can do for a team. Which consists of... Well... Being fast. Besides that, he doesn't make the most incredible Pokemon outside of being a decent lead (which needs work and practice to be good at! -referencing Shinu's Crobat). I'm strongly siding on replacing him with an Aerodactyl. While running Jolly and having full Speed-investment, your Aerodactyl will have a speed tie with any Jolteon that comes into play. And that spikey hound won't like a Life Orb Earthquake.
Aerodactyl with a Jolly Nature. 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def. Pressure. Stone Edge, Earthquake, Roost, Fire Blast*.

*"Even with a hindering nature, Fire Blast OHKOes physically defensive Forretress 100% of the time, as well as eliminating Scizor after Stealth Rock damage."

Hopefully you get around to knocking out some of these errors made in your team creation. It'll just take a bit of work and time.

Peace and beats.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)