Aron

So guys, with Sturdy now being an infinite Focus Sash, how's this build look?

Aron @ Shell Bell (Lv1)
Sturdy
-Endeavor
-Roar
-Toxic
-Protect

Minimum of 12 HP, Shell Bell heals you after every Endeavor, Roar stops you from being Shadow Tag'd, Toxic finishes non-Steels if you have to.

Add in some TTar to kill Ghosts; Shandera to trap Ground Rock and Steels, Vaporeon and Erufuun to abuse Wish and Leech Seed healing, and Lead Starmie to stop Entry Hazards dead and beat most leads and you have a deadly team. Even if he dies, those are still all great pokes and can do serious damage without FEARON, who will no doubt make quite a few holes.

What do you guys think? Is FEARON Uber?

I played this little guy + a level 1 Donphan on the same team. I got past Aron with explosion, but then the donphan swept me. :/

You put the wrong prefix on. You should have put little cup.

EDIT: oh wait this guy is serious about using this in standard

I don't know what to say.

So far the only things that stop him are Taunt Shandera, Parahax, Multi Hit attacks, burns, and Leech Seed. The latter two only work if he's the last pokemon left.

EDIT: Hrrrm, Ditto works as an effective counter too to a degree, but can't pull the set off without Shell Bell

uh....

Is this a serious suggestion? No offense but this set accomplishes absolutely nothing, though it's clear what the intention is. Lv 2 Probopass outclasses it in every way possible.

Wait... so... I am seeing it work like this...

Enemy pokemon KO's your pokemon...
You send in Aron.
Enemy hits Aron and takes him down to 1hp (due to sturdy)
Aron hits enemy with endeavor, and then heals back with shell bell.

... then what? I mean, you can toxic or roar them, but they would have hit you and brought you down to 1, and you arent going to get any health back because you arent doing any damage back to them... and protecting isnt going to do anything except delay the death?

I don't know, I am probably just not getting it. It just seems like he brings the enemy down to 1hp, and then just sits there until he dies, because if he tries to do anything else hes just going to get killed 1 turn later.

EDIT: The only way I can see this actually being awesome is if Sand Storm is going, and your opponent doesnt have any steel/ground/rock types, or if you have toxic spikes on the enemy and the enemy doesnt have a rapid spinner/steel/poison type.

You send in Aron.

... then what? I mean, you can toxic or roar them, but they would have hit you and brought you down to 1, and you arent going to get any health back because you arent doing any damage back to them... and protecting isnt going to do anything except delay the death?

I don't know, I am probably just not getting it. It just seems like he brings the enemy down to 1hp, and then just sits there until he dies, because if he tries to do anything else hes just going to get killed 1 turn later.

EDIT: The only way I can see this actually being awesome is if Sand Storm is going, and your opponent doesnt have any steel/ground/rock types, or if you have toxic spikes on the enemy and the enemy doesnt have a rapid spinner/steel/poison type.
Luckily this is a common situation I'm kidding of course

If you want to abuse Sturdy, do so with Lv. 2 Probopass. Props to whoever thought up that set.

uh....

Is this a serious suggestion? No offense but this set accomplishes absolutely nothing, though it's clear what the intention is. Lv 2 Probopass outclasses it in every way possible.
Probopass can be Taunt'd out of Pain Split; Aron can't. Not to mention Sub blocks Pain Split entirely. Only Ghosts are immune to Endeavor

You send in Aron.

Yeah, Sandstorm is neccessary, but TTar and Shandera combine perfectly to kill off Ghosts and anything Steel/ Rock/ Ground due to Pursuit and Shadow Tag. So the process is simply

Get Aron in unharmed (Whether through Wish Passing; Leech Seed'd enemy; or Baton Passer taking damage first)
Enemy hits Aron down to 1 HP
Endeavor reduces enemy to 1 HP
Shell Bell heals Aron completely
Residual Damage of Some Sort kills enemy

As stated, both Ghosts and Sand immunes are taken care of by TTar or Shandera.

I fail to see how probopass outclasses this, other than being able to switch out of shandera/maggy/duggy. He takes then down to 1 hp while probo only halves hp. I think that donphan outclasses him though thanks to ice shard, but he could be used to lure out shandy to pursuit it with ttar.

So guys, with Sturdy now being an infinite Focus Sash, how's this build look?

Aron @ Shell Bell (Lv1)
Sturdy
-Endeavor
-Roar
-Toxic
-Protect

Minimum of 12 HP, Shell Bell heals you after every Endeavor, Roar stops you from being Shadow Tag'd, Toxic finishes non-Steels if you have to.

Add in some TTar to kill Ghosts; Shandera to trap Ground Rock and Steels, Vaporeon and Erufuun to abuse Wish and Leech Seed healing, and Lead Starmie to stop Entry Hazards dead and beat most leads and you have a deadly team. Even if he dies, those are still all great pokes and can do serious damage without FEARON, who will no doubt make quite a few holes.

What do you guys think? Is FEARON Uber?
here's a situation.
I sent in Shandera!
Shandera used tackle!
Aron used roar!
Whatever pokemon switched in used anything that does any damge whatsoever!
Yay!

BurningMan

fueled by beer
I think that donphan outclasses him though thanks to ice shard, but he could be used to lure out shandy to pursuit it with ttar.
Donphan can't outclass him because donphan can't be lvl 1 so maybe phanpy outclasses him, but certainly not donphan.

@Topic
its useful with SS running and provided that your opponent don't got any ghost (in particular Gengar ,because he is immune to Toxic and Endeavor).
Imo its better than probopass, but at the end both are gimmick and every good battler will know whats going on when you switch in one for these and act appropriate.

Yeah. :0 If this is Aron you're talking about, this thread needs a Little Cup tab.
But if you're talking about Aggron, then there are already 2 threads on him. >.> ...one is my fault.

...ah. But it looks like you do mean Aron, and you're talking about using him in level 100 play like Magic Guard Cleffa, yeah? I don't think Toxic is the best option in that slot, and Burn / Spikes / SR / other weather wrecks this thing, just FYI. It also fails to finish off anything that is immune to Sandstorm, of which there are many things. :0 Something with priority would probably be better.

Meh, I don't think this is really worthy of having its own thread. :0 This discussion could easily go in the preexisting Aggron thread and still be relevant. :\

Imma go make my own Aron LC thread. >.>

breh

強いだね
It also fails to finish off anything that is immune to Sandstorm, of which there are many things. :0 Something with priority would probably be better.

Yeah because it's soo difficult to pick off something with 1 HP..

Anyway I first saw this strat from a PO guy; they posted about it in the main chat.

Looks to be an interesting gimmick; I'm curious as to whether lvl 25 donphan would be better though due to Ice Shard...

Yeah. :0 If this is Aron you're talking about, this thread needs a Little Cup tab.
But if you're talking about Aggron, then there are already 2 threads on him. >.> ...one is my fault.

...ah. But it looks like you do mean Aron, and you're talking about using him in level 100 play like Magic Guard Cleffa, yeah? I don't think Toxic is the best option in that slot, and Burn / Spikes / SR / other weather wrecks this thing, just FYI. It also fails to finish off anything that is immune to Sandstorm, of which there are many things. :0 Something with priority would probably be better.

Meh, I don't think this is really worthy of having its own thread. :0 This discussion could easily go in the preexisting Aggron thread and still be relevant. :\

Imma go make my own Aron LC thread. >.>
Aggron lacks the....well.... lack of HP that makes this set possible. And Toxic is the only move that'll do damage at Level 1

Yeah because it's soo difficult to pick off something with 1 HP..
It's more convenient to do it right away then have to resort to someone else. :0 Aron can still do it with any regular attack that doesn't have an immunity, of course, but it costs it the ability to use Sturdeavor again because it gets hit second and will only recover 1 HP from shell bell. If it had priority, at least it'd be able to rinse and repeat much more easily.

Aggron lacks the....well.... lack of HP that makes this set possible. And Toxic is the only move that'll do damage at Level 1
I'm pretty sure Aggron can do the same thing at level one also; in fact, I know so because someone posted that they'd tested it in the Aggron thread. :0

As for Toxic doing damage... the only damage you need to cause is 1 damage. After Endeavor that's all they'll have left, and if it's something that resists Sandtorm then you need to be able to finish it off. And if you're up against something that ISN'T going to attack you, you Roar. I assumed that was why that move was there.

IE, if this Aron is up against a Steel-type, it's completely incapable of finishing it off. Ergo, it needs some attack that nothing is immune to, like Aerial Ace or something. Toxic is completely useless here.

Looks to be an interesting gimmick; I'm curious as to whether lvl 25 donphan would be better though due to Ice Shard...
The strategy requires the opponent to have at least eight times the user's max HP. Assuming my calculations are correct, a level 25 Donphan has, at minimum, a max HP of 80. I don't see it using the strategy to much success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)