± under Trick Room (Doubles Team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to give the combo on Plus and Minus a go in Doubles and want to see how I'm going so far. Once the VGC2012 rules are announced, I'll alter my team to the new tier.

Flubber (Reuniclus) (M) @ Mental Herb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 4 SAtk / 128 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- Round
- Psyshock
- Recover

Initial Trick Roomer. Round is there in case it's working with one of my main battling pair, both of whom also have Round. Mental Herb to counter Fake Out + Taunt combos.

Togekiss (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 4 SAtk / 96 SDef
- Follow Me
- Roost
- Aura Sphere
- Air Slash

Supporting Lead. Lures enemy Taunters away with Follow Me (unless Fake Out is present), and especially protects against Ghost attacks (just think of all the potential Trollfaces! XD)

Cogwell (Klang) @ Eviolite
Trait: Minus
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Round

Negative member of the main attacking combo. Protect for scouting and protection from allied Discharges and Earthquakes. HP Ice to deal with Dragons and cover its Ground weakness, Round for team power with its ally, especially Ampharos.

Klang is chosen over Klinklang because of its equal Special Attack, lower Speed and increased bulk with Eviolite.

Baa (Ampharos) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Plus
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SAtk
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Signal Beam
- Discharge
- Power Gem
- Round

Positive member of the main attacking combo. Power Gem and Signal Beam for coverage, Discharge as its main STAB move, Round for team power with its ally, especially Klang.

Shower (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 72 Def / 184 SDef
- Trick Room
- Zen Headbutt
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake

Second Trick Roomer. Pretty generic and self-explanitory.

Shelly (Shedinja) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Shadow Claw
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Sunny Day

Sorry, I couldn't get rid of my beloved Shedinja. :p

Physical attacker and support wall. X-Scissor and Shadow Claw for standard STAB, Shadow Sneak for priority outside Trick Room, Sunny Day to eliminate Sandstorm or Hail. It is immune to both Earthquake and Discharge, allowing its allies to use them without issue.

If Round is a bad idea, I'll gladly get rid of it. Shedinja too... I guess... C&C welcome.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

This does not mean add one sentence saying "Standard x" or "all-around awesome" after each Pokemon. If you put thought into making the team, you can put thought into posting it.
You need to expand on your descriptions. PM me the changes and I'll unlock this. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)