1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

¿Stall? No thanks.

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by wth1987, Sep 18, 2012.

1. wth1987

wth1987

My first post, and I'm going to do a RMT of my OU team. Right now, I'm #35 in PS (1888), but now it's quite hard to rise, because I only get 1 point in most battles.

This team is a Hyper Offense one, and with some unusual members.

SETS

[​IMG]

Genesect @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Download
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - Thunderbolt
    - U-turn

Genesect is my lead most of the times. This set provides a good surprise factor, because most Genesect's carry a Scarf or Specs. With Expert Belt it can make a better use of the Download boost. It's really funny when you use Thunderbolt and the foe send a Gliscor specting a free turn to get OHKO by an Ice Beam.

[​IMG]

Azumarill @ Leftovers
    Trait: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Waterfall / Ice Punch
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Aqua Jet

This is the MVP. If it can hide behind a Substitute, it can be a monster. Ferrothorn is a good friend, as they try to Leech Seed or Thunder Wave it, and the Sub is up. Also, Gyro Ball is useless against Azumarill, and Power Whip has to deal with the poor accuracy. It also works as a revenge killer with Aqua Jet with this huge attack. I used a Choice Band set but this one is much better than the other. Also, when Rain is on the field, it gets even more dangerous.

[​IMG]

Volcarona @ Leftovers
    Trait: Flame Body
    EVs: 252 HP / 204 Def / 52 Spd
    Bold Nature
    - Fiery Dance
    - Bug Buzz
    - Quiver Dance
    - Roost

We all know what Volcarona can do, but this one has some other jobs to do. The first one, is to "stop" Genesect and Scizor, as they can't effectivily hit it, and with Flame Body, Scizor has a big problem if it gets the burn. It gets completely walled by Heatran and Chandelure, though the last one is rarely seen in OU. I have to say that many matches ended thanks to Volcarona and a good sweep after some Quiver Dance's and the surprise factor of Roost.

[​IMG]

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Adamant / Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Ice Shard
    - Hail
    - Stealth Rock

An important piece in this team. First of all, it sets Stealth Rock. Furthermore, after the Weather inducer is dead, Hail is the way to stop Venusaur, Victreebel, Sawsbuck, Tornadus-T, Thundurus-T or Sandlash. Life Orb + Adamant + 252 Atk EVs means that it hits really hard, and with Ice Shard it can stop most dragons from sweeping my team. Earthquake is here for obvious reasons.

[​IMG]

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    IVs: 30 Def / 30 SDef / 30 Spd
    - Psyshock / Psychic
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball
    - Encore /Calm Mind / Hidden Power [Ice]

Alakazam saved many asses in this team. Magic Guard + Focus Sash, with that great Sp Attack and Speed, it's a great cleaner. I'm doubtful about Psyshock or Psychic, by now, I'm using Psyshock. Focus Blast and Shadow Ball for some coverage. The fourth move has changed many times, but I think that Encore can help with some set up moves, however, Calm Mind could work to, or even Hidden Power Ice for Dragons, though Mamoswine does a great job.

[​IMG]

Haxorus @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Mold Breaker
    EVs: 252 Atk / 220 Spd / 36 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Superpower
    - Dual Chop

So you don't have an Steel type or Gliscor? Lets have some fun. This think is the finisher, after all the Steels, Gliscor and Slowbro are gone, it can clear the field with Outrage. Dual Chop helps with that annoying rare Smeargle Sash'd with Spore, so I can send it to hell.

THREATS

The most dangerous one is Shell Smash Cloyster with Focus Sash, while I don't have SR up. Alakazam can't use its own Sash as Icicle Spear and Rock Blast make it useless, and my two priority users can't even touch it. On the other hand, Sash Cloyster is not the most used set, as White Herb is preferred.

Volcarona can be a real pain. Without Sun, Azumarill can help, but in the sun... some suggestions?

Terrakion is as hard to beat as it was in BW1, and this team can have some trouble in late game with it.

So this is the team, I hope you liked it, and you can provide me some good suggestions to improve the team.
  2. The QWAZ

The QWAZ

Hi,
    Nice team you have here. However, there do seem to be a few issues. On mamoswine Icicle crash > hail, hail has very limited use on your team at the moment, and icicle crash is insanely powerful, it handels venusaur nicely if you catch it on the switch. I would also suggest running jolly > adamant, the drop in power may seem bad but you can outspeed and KO nuetral natured Lucario.
    For alakazams last slot go with HP ice, it gives you back up agaisnt dragons wich can give you troubles if mamoswine is down.

Good luck, and I hoped i helped!
  3. Bryce

Bryce Lun

For Volcarona in Sun try Scarf Moxie Mence>Scarf Haxorus.Scarf Mence is usually superior anyway thanks to Moxie.It's a lethal late game sweeper.Use Jolly nature with Outrage,Dragon Claw,Earthquake,Stone Edge/Rock Slide(just for bulky volcarona).

And for Shell smash sash Cloyster ,well you just have to play carefully.It can't set up without relying on sash so you can just revenge kill the 1 HP with your priority.It's only option of setting up without sash is against Mamoswine or Haxorus.Just try avoiding that match up.You can give superpower to Mamo if you're really concerned or you can give Breloom a shot instead of Azumaril.Don't bring in Haxorus till Cloyster is dead.

I don't think terrakion is much of a problem since you have Azumaril and Alakazam for revenge killing it.Haxorus can revenge kill the non scarf variants.

Hope I helped.
  4. CedOmega

CedOmega

Hey Wth1987, you have a very interesting team. My first suggestion to you is for Azumarill; IcePunch>Waterfall for some coverage against defensively bulky Grass and Dragon types such as Tangrowth and Dragonite that'd, otherwise, come in and start to set up on the blue rabbit. I also second The Qwaz's suggestion w/ Icicle Crash>Hail for better coverage. White Syphoni's suggestion is also good, however, I'd substitute either DragonClaw or Outrage for either FireFang or Flaethrowers to counter Scizor, Ferrothorn and other Steel types like Skarmory who'd barely take a dent from its previously attacks.

Good Luck and I hope it helped! :)
  5. wth1987

wth1987

The QWAZ: Hail really helps, and it's been useful a lot of times. Once Ninetales or Politoed are gone, after Hail their main sweepers lose tons of power, as Venusaur or Tornadus-T. However, I will try Jolly in Mamoswine and HP Ice in Alakazam.

White symphoni: I will give Salamence a try, because Moxie can be really useful in the lategame too, but I have to be careful with SR, as two pokes have weakness to it with it. Anyway, I will try it! About Cloyster, I know what you mean, but I have to be careful so it doesn't get a free turn to set up, with Mamoswine or Haxorus locked in Earthquake or Dual Chop. With Terrakion I had some issues in the lategame when Alakazam was gone and Azumarill didn't get the OHKO at full life.

CedOmega: I will try Ice Punch in Azumarill, but I don't know if I can afford the lost of power of Waterfall, but it may work. Thanks!
  6. Joeyboy

Joeyboy Check out my Youtube channel! JoeyboyGames!
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnus
    Mentor

Cool team man!

So firstly I'd recommend the change of making Mamoswine Jolly and give Alakazam HP Ice suggested by The QWAZ.

My next two changes are to help with some of the threats you mentioned in your RMT. While Azumarill is your proclaimed MVP I'd like to suggest replacing it with a similar Breloom set. What I recommend is:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 236 HP / 56 Atk / 216 Def
    Adamant Nature
    - Substitute
    - Focus Punch
    - Spore
    - Mach Punch / Seed Bomb

So this set plays just like your Azumarill, setting up Subs and firing off powerful Focus Punches. Breloom offers, arguably, better defensive typing, and status immunity. Ferrothorn is still a welcome sight, allowing you to even switch in on Thunder Waves. The choice between Mach Punch and Seed Bomb comes down to Terrakion. Mach Punch allows you to more easily revenge the raging bull, while Seed Bomb will allow for more coverage. Mach Punch also is SE against Cloyster who can be revenged as long as its been previously damaged. Azumarill was also one of the pokemon Cloyster could potentially set up on and Breloom's Spore will put an early stop to that.

My next suggestion is to help against the weakness to Volcarona. My recommendation is replacing Haxorus with Choice Band Dragonite. The set I recommend is:

Show Hide
    [​IMG]Dragonite @ Choice Band
    Trait: Multiscale
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Outrage
    - ExtremeSpeed
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Punch

So while you are losing your Choice Scarfer, between your priority and Alakazam you should be safe in the revenger department. So Dragonite is one of the best offensive checks to Volcarona in existence. Resisting it's STABs and slamming it with any of it's beefed up attacks. A more offensive Volcarona can be handled with ExtremeSpeed, due to the threat of HP Rock, while defensive Volcarona won't like taking CB Outrages from Dragonite.

Hope you try these out, Good Luck!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)