[ℬlḠ] Mafia Mafia 2 [Won by The Mafia]

imperfectluck

Banned deucer.
First off, I'd like to wish ipl and his mafia friends good luck winning the game with an angry Wildeep slash shade breathing down their neck.
Why would Ireland be trying to kill us for this if you already know he’s wolf? Killing us would only expedite our loss, leading directly to his loss, since as soon as the mafia is gone, he’d be next up on the chopping block. The only reason Ireland would have for killing us is if the village can’t kill him. Maybe due to someone whose continued existence prevents his death. Someone “clear”, maybe?

Someone like Mekkah?

I've been cleaned as early as Night 1. Why else would jumpluff and the other masons allow me to run affairs?
Because they’re being denser than the average black hole.
The few alive masons will back me up here. This is exactly what I was talking about when I said they are trying to destabilize village leadership.

Because Ditto knows I'm clean and didn't just buy the mafia saying "hey village, Mekkah is evil get him get him".
Except that Colombia’s role does not imply the mason’d are clean. It means they are not mafia, but that is not the same. There is no mention of a neutral in the role PM. We are not saying you are mafia, we are saying you are a wolf, which is not made clear in the role PM.

Also, why did you need to be cleared N1? Austria was a mason, why would LN have the ridiculous hoop of having you also need to be mason’d? Do none of the Masons think this isn’t the slightest bit suspicious?

The Ireland PM matches the info we have. Singapore PM was obviously doctored (see what I did there?).
Again, this raises the question: Why are you not lynching Ireland? He killed Iraq and France. Why do you not want to get rid of an anti-village kill?

edit: also, Walrein noticed several inconsistencies between my real PM, his own PM and the fake posted by IPL, such as how in ours it's "His alias is <insert alias>" while in the one IPL posted it's "He is <snip>". i dunno just something else to go on.
This is a non-argument; you are arguing about the syntax of role PMs while completely ignoring my points. And of course, no one thinks this is suspicious at all.

Ireland clearly has a mole in the village, as you know and admit that he had no night action before Austria died, yet gave us several role PMs. Unless you are suggesting that we have so many inspects that we knew everyone’s role by, like, N3, as well as the ability to find their smogon username (which would have no use for us, as we can’t fakeclaim it due to the painter), and that all these abilities are in our few remaining members.

Now, another question: Why would Ireland willingly become the wolf unless he thought it gave him a good chance of winning? Especially after he apparently claimed potential Wolf to the village?

and yes, walrein (and fate and pluff) are allowed to talk to other masons while there's original masons alive.
Why do the original masons need to be alive? Wouldn't this imply that the mason recruitment system is not foolproof and does not guarantee the target is town

“This is because of the rule which says you can only talk to players directly mentioned in your role PM!!!”

Don’t be stupid. Nowhere in the rules (or anywhere else in the game, for that matter) does it imply that just because someone is mentioned in your role PM that it makes them the same faction as you—another argument that you are not clear. Also, recall that the game is not made around the rules, the rules are made around the game. LN clearly made this rule with your role in mind.

And if you’re so clean, surely you’d be willing to let South Korea alliance check you, right? I mean, you have lynches lined up for days, right? The mafia is being desperate, right? Worst case, you can always just lynch Ireland, right?

Of course, since this is an internet argument, you will respond to the least relevant 15% of this post, make another ridiculous non-argument (such as the syntax argument), and the town will continue to worship you because they enjoy making asses of themselves. However, the fact that you are unwilling to rebut me point by point means you know I’m right, and can’t be assed to come up with a good lie on such short notice.

Except that Colombia’s role does not imply the mason’d are clean. It means they are not mafia, but that is not the same. There is no mention of a neutral in the role PM. We are not saying you are mafia, we are saying you are a wolf, which is not made clear in the role PM.
Reread it. Yes it does.
"If the target is of high status in The Town, they will gladly join The Masons and be added to your subforum.
"in The Town"

The PM said villagers of importance would join. It then described the alternatives, none of which involved the targeted joining. Neutrals would logically not be part of the town, and so not join. This does not change the fact that this is a smear campaign.

For the record, justifying myself as village leader for the confirmed mafia of all things in an 1v1 game is extremely silly. Don't expect me to keep arguing with you, ipl. You guys lost. Get over it, kill Ireland if you feel like it to make yourself feel useful.

Why would Ireland be trying to kill us for this if you already know he’s wolf? Killing us would only expedite our loss, leading directly to his loss, since as soon as the mafia is gone, he’d be next up on the chopping block. The only reason Ireland would have for killing us is if the village can’t kill him. Maybe due to someone whose continued existence prevents his death. Someone “clear”, maybe?

Someone like Mekkah?
As far as I know, Ireland is stuck between a rock and a hard place since everyone has his alias now. But you guys desperately need him alive to get anything done at all, while we can lynch him at our convenience (though he could be LPV, which is why we are probably going to use SJ for him). That's why I believe lynching mafia (eg you guys) is the way to go.

You guys don't know anything about the considerations made by the village discussions. I've been as tempted to lynch off Ireland as much as anyone, but the fact that WildEep has been moderately cooperative so far (we had him kill France which was a mistake, but rey was extremely suspicious) and that shade hasn't killed last night (or perhaps you guys stopped him?) is in there.

AG already addressed this in detail, so I don't have to. Fatecrashers invites any Town-aligned "the ___" (not to be confused with ___ the Villager) into the Masons.

Also, why did you need to be cleared N1? Austria was a mason, why would LN have the ridiculous hoop of having you also need to be mason’d? Do none of the Masons think this isn’t the slightest bit suspicious?
From what I can guess, LN likes to put in little things here and there intended to confuse people or make them paranoid. There's been several roles with fake results already (such as billymills' vomiting, and the Flower Guy), and reyscarface's weird ass contradictory PM, as well as the interactions between the things involved in the dog catcher story. My guess this is another one of them.

This is a non-argument; you are arguing about the syntax of role PMs while completely ignoring my points. And of course, no one thinks this is suspicious at all.
I'm addressing your points now even though I don't really have to. And as I said, it's "just something to keep in mind", not actually something that makes the case fall or stand.

Ireland clearly has a mole in the village, as you know and admit that he had no night action before Austria died, yet gave us several role PMs. Unless you are suggesting that we have so many inspects that we knew everyone’s role by, like, N3, as well as the ability to find their smogon username (which would have no use for us, as we can’t fakeclaim it due to the painter), and that all these abilities are in our few remaining members.

Now, another question: Why would Ireland willingly become the wolf unless he thought it gave him a good chance of winning? Especially after he apparently claimed potential Wolf to the village?
You have no way to prove any of this info. For all we know, you racked it all up over the course of the game (we're like 5 nights further than this now), and we have no idea if you guys have a doubler, or what info roles. Or maybe you are lying about Ireland's role (all we have is his pre-wolf role).

I have several farfetched theories about how it could possibly be true what you said, but the easier explanation for me (and everyone else) is to accept that you're just another lying scumbag.

As for becoming wolf...aside from the coolness factor that comes with becoming wolf, it's plausible WildEep didn't want to remain town for ages when it's likely the Pharmacist was going to die sooner or later anyway. The moment the mafia inspected the Pharmacist, he'd be a goner, especially since his role was really good.

Why do the original masons need to be alive? Wouldn't this imply that the mason recruitment system is not foolproof and does not guarantee the target is town

“This is because of the rule which says you can only talk to players directly mentioned in your role PM!!!”

Don’t be stupid. Nowhere in the rules (or anywhere else in the game, for that matter) does it imply that just because someone is mentioned in your role PM that it makes them the same faction as you—another argument that you are not clear. Also, recall that the game is not made around the rules, the rules are made around the game. LN clearly made this rule with your role in mind.
There are several reasons why the rules could've been made like this, including the "LN likes people to be paranoid" explanation. Maybe LN wanted people not to have too much of an impact on the game beyond their death. Perhaps it was a way to limit the usefulness of Fate's role. Maybe a combination of all of these.

And if you’re so clean, surely you’d be willing to let South Korea alliance check you, right? I mean, you have lynches lined up for days, right? The mafia is being desperate, right? Worst case, you can always just lynch Ireland, right?
Sure, I'd be fine with getting alliance checked. Except I still don't have every suspect worked out and it'd be a waste of resources. Maybe if you guys hadn't killed jumpluff and Yeti.

Since we're in public interrogation mode anyway, ipl, let's reverse the roles for a bit. If I'm really a bad guy, why are you publically selling me out like this? If you need me gone, you don't need to jump through all these hoops. You could just kill me, using your safeguard or hook to assure it goes through. No, my guess is you clearly wanted the village to mislynch here as you don't have kills to spare. Your own role probably had to be savd at any cost, considering the lack of a death during this day.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
BARK!

. Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrf - Bark - Aarrf - Aaaarrrf - Aaaarrf - Bark - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf | Whimper - Aarrrrf - Aaaaarrf - Bow - Bark | Whimper - Aaarf - Aaaaarrrf | Arf - Aaaaarrf | Whimper - Aaaarrrf - Arrrrf - Bark - Wow - Whimper - Bow | Woof - Bark - Whimper - Aaarrrf - Aaarf - Aaaaarrrf | Whimper - Aaarf - Aaaaarrrf | Aaaarrf - Aaaarf | Whimper - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaarrf | Arrrf - Aarrf - Whimper - Aaarf | Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrf | Whimper - Aarrf - Bow - Bark | Whimper - Bow | Aaaaarrrrf - Aarrf - Aarrf - Arrrrf - Arf - Whimper - Arrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaarf | Aarrf - Aarrf - Aaaarf - Aaarrrrf | Aaaarf | , Aaaarrrf - Aaaaarrrrf - Bark - Aaarrrrf - Aaaaarrrrf - Aaaarrf - Bark | . Whimper - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaarrf - Aaaaarrrrf - Aaaarrf - Bark | Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarf | Aarf - Aaaarrf - Aaaarf - Woof - Aaaarf - Aaarf | Aaarrrf - Whimper - Aaaaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf - Bark - Aaarrf | Aaaaarrrf - '\ Aaaarrf - Aaaarrrf - Whimper - Aaaaarrf - Woof | Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarf | Aaaaarrf - Aaaarrrf | , Aaarrf - Bark | Aaaarf | Aaaaarrf - Aaarf - Aaarrrrf | Aaaarrrf - Aaarrrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaarrf - Arrf | Aaaaarrrrf - Woof - Bark - Whimper - Aaarrrf - Aarrf - Bark | Bark - Aaaarf - Arf - Bark - Aaarrf | . Aarf - Aaaaarrf - Woof | Bark | Aaarrf - Bark | Aaaarf | Aaaarrrf - Bark | , Aarf - Aaaaarrf - Woof | Aaaarrf - Aaaarf | Arrf - Bark - Whimper - Arrrf - Aaaarrrf | Whimper - Aaarrf | Aaaarrrf - Whimper - Arrf - Bark - Aaarrf | Aaaaarrrf - Bark - Aaarf - Aaaaarrrf | Aaaaarrrf - Wow - Aaaarf - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarrrf - Whimper - Aaarrrf | Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarrrf - Aaaaarrf - Arrrf | Whimper - Aarf - Aaaarrf - Bark - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarrrf | Aaaaarrrrf - Aaarrrf - Whimper - Aarrrrf | Bark | Whimper - Aarrrrf - Bark - Aaarf | Aaaarf | , Aaarrrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaarrf | Aaaaarrrrf - Bow | Woof - Whimper - Wow - Aaaarf - Aaaaarrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaarrf | Whimper - Aarrrrf - Bark - Aaarf | Arrrrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrrf | Aaaarrrf - Bark

translated, for the lazy:

AS YOU HAVE NOTICED BY NOW , I HAVE A VERY STRANGE POST RESTRICT THAT MAKES ME SPEAK IN DOG , AS I AM A DOG . MAFIA ALREADY KNOWS WHO I AM , SO IT DOESN \\'\T MATTER HIDING IT ANYMORE . ANYWAYS , I WILL HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO HELP MORE IN THE THREAD BECAUSE OF THE ABOVE TRANSLATOR .

Hello everyone. I seem to recall that I've already been cleaned, so now that Mekkah is dead, I've decided to step up and help lead. Everyone should forward their results to me. I'll decide on a lynch target in not too long.

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
. Aarrf - Aarrf - Bark | Aaaarrrf - Aaaarf | Aaaaarrrf - Bark - Aaarf - Aaaaarrrf | . Bark - Aaaarf - Aaaarrrf - Aaaarrrf - Arrrrf - Aaarrrf | Aarf - Aaaarrf - Aaaarf - Aaarf - Wow - Aaaarrf - Aaaaarrrrf - Aarrf | Whimper - Bow | Aarrf - Aarrf - Aaaarf - Aaarrrrf | Whimper - Aaarrrrf | Aaaaarrrrf - Bark - Woof - Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrf | Woof - Aaaarrf - Bark | . Aaaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf - Aarrf - Arrrrf - Aaaarrrf - Whimper - Aaarrrf | Aaaarrrf - Arrrrf | Woof - Aaaarrf - Whimper - Aaaarrrf | . Aarf - Bark | Aaaaarrrf - Aaaarrrf - Arrrrf - Aaarrrf - Aaaaarrrf | Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrf | Aaaaarrrrf - Bark - Aaaarrrf | Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrf | Aarf - Aaaarrf - Aaaarf - Aaaaarrf - Aarf | Aaarrf - Bark | Aaaarf | Aaaaarrf - Aaaarrrf | . Whimper - Aaaarrf - Aaaaarrf - Aaaaarrrrf - Aaarrrf - Whimper - Aarrrrf - Whimper | Aaaaarrrrf - Whimper - Aaarf

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
translated:

HEY | EVERYONE . | SO | I | AM | GOING | TO | SAY | TO | TRUST | AG . | SEND | US | RESULTS . | AND | TODAY | WE | WILL | BE | LYNCHING | RUSSIA . | THAT | IS | ALL .

/me pet doggie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)