XY OU ☆☆ Where the Fairy Flies ☆☆ ( OU team ft. Jirachi )

Where the Fairy Flies

Introduction

Hi ! Long time I didn't make a RMT :) I wanted to do one for my 0.5k Milestone but I didn't have any idea ;-; But after Shiny Jirachi event, I decided to try this cute fairy in OU and to be original this time. The title of this RMT comes from an excellent RPG you should play ;)

I don't really have anything more to tell you so let's have a look at the team itself !

☆At a glance

Teambuilding

Jirachi was the mon I wanted to build my team around. His great typing ( even if it lost Dark/Ghost resistance this gen ) is still pretty useful and its very good stat in defense help it tanking tons of hit. Its ability to Flinch haxx to death is also pretty amazing.

Clefable has a great synergy with Jirachi, helping it against Dark/Fighting mons. It's also a great late sweeper with its ability to Calm Mind easily when all its threats are removed.

I needed a Dragon type to end this Steel/Fairy/Dragon core. I choosed TankZard X for its ability to check Scizor and other Steel types with ease as they gave Jirachi and Clefable trouble. Even if it is more defensive, TankZard X is still a potential wallbreaker, weakening foes to help Jirachi achieve its job.

With the x4 weakness of Charizard to Stealth Rock, I needed a good Defogger. And as my defensive core seems to be too weak againt Mega-Pinsir, I needed a good check. Here comes Zapdos. He's also imo the Defogger with the better match-up against Bisharp as he can use a super effective Heat Wave.

My team is at the moment pretty weak to opposing M-Charizard X ( Clefable can't take 2 Flare Blitz at +1 ) So I though I needed a good Stealth Rock setter to be able to revenge kill easier and thought to Swampert for its pretty good typing ( just a weakness to Grass ) and for its ability to Roar against threats who are trying to set up.

I lacked priority, a well-played Bisharp was still annoying and I was lacking a good Fighting types to defeat the Pink blobs easier. Welcome Conkeldurr ! Knock Off is an amazing moves and forgetting it when building a team is a big error imo.

My team was very weak to Landorus-I, Specs Keldeo and M-Charizard X so after some good suggestions, I decided to add Gliscor to handle the first one and Slowbro for the others. Slowbro also helps the team with Thunder Wave support.

☆In depth☆

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

My favourite Jirachi set <3 Spreading paralysis to all the big threats and then Para Flinching them to death with Iron Head/Zen Headbutt. With 25% being paralyzed and 60/40% flinching, the opponent won't hit often. Careful Nature and this EVs spread helps tanking most of the Special moves. It's great bulk also allows it to set SR with ease.
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 188-224 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Alakazam Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 142-168 (35.1 - 41.5%) -- 77% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 193-228 (47.7 - 56.4%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 134-160 (33.1 - 39.6%) -- 15.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

This Clefable set is a real pain to get rid of. Unaware avoids being swept by set-up sweepers like M-Charizard X or opposing Calm Mind Clefable. Wish/Protect is amazing for recovery and allows Wish passing. Aromatherapy gets rid of status which would annoy some members of my team like Slowbro or Jirachi.
252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 252-297 (63.9 - 75.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 217-256 (55 - 64.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 171-202 (43.4 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 157-186 (39.8 - 47.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

It's the first time I'm using TankZard X and I have to admit it is pretty good. It's the classic set, Dragon Claw for STAB, Roost for recovery and WoW to burn all the Physical Sweepers who dare to stay against it. Earthquake is here to avoid being totally walled by Heatran and can hit Tyranitar hard.

Charizard is my main ( only... ) good answer to Thundurus-I. EVs Spread allow to outspeed most of the Physical sweepers which don't have a beneficial nature to burn them before being hit.
252+ SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 90-107 (25 - 29.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252+ SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 147-174 (40.9 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252+ SpA Heatran Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 148+ SpD Mega Charizard X: 192-226 (53.4 - 62.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Zapdos is an amazing Defogger imo. Actually, it deals with Bisharp, the most used Defiant user, without much trouble if I predict correctly the swich-in. It's also a great Pinsir counter if it didn't get a boost with Swords Dance, the 68 SpA EVs are here for OHKO it with Thunderbolt. Pretty classic set, not much to say about it.
252+ Atk Aerilate Mega Pinsir Return vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Zapdos: 115-136 (29.9 - 35.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Zapdos: 228-268 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Zapdos: 158-186 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Say hello to a bulky beast : Slowbro ! This thing wasn't alreay bulky enough so Game Freak gave him this wonderful ability : Regenerator ( why didn't they do the same with M-Slowbro ;-; ). Thanks to it, Slowbro has an amazing staying power and don't fear losing some HPs as he will come back healthy again.

About the set, Scald + Thunder Wave allow to spread annoying status. Fire Blast is for Ferrothorn and Scizor and Slack Off to have another way of recovering. EVs Spread and Bold Nature allows it to deal with threats like M-Charizard X. And with it's great typing it's my best answer to Specs Keldeo.
252+ Atk Charizard Dragon Claw vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 50-59 (12.6 - 14.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 24 SpD Slowbro: 156-184 (39.5 - 46.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 133-157 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 27.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery​

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock Off

Fear Specially Defensive Gliscor ! Between great bulk, special defense investment and Poison Heal this thing is the nightmare of every Special attacker if it's not Keldeo or something with Ice coverage. Knock Off over EQ to deal at least some damages to Landorus-I and removing annoying items like Eviolite. Roost is obviously here for recovery and Toxic/Taunt to break through annoying stallers.
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 139-165 (39.4 - 46.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

252+ SpA Alakazam Psychic vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 153-181 (43.4 - 51.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Poison Heal

252 SpA Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 88-104 (25 - 29.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Poison Heal​

☆Importable☆
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpA
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Careful Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Knock Off​

☆Conclusion and Replays☆

As I said I'm laddering with this team at the moment. As soon as I'll reach an interesting ranking I'll update this ( I'm near to 1500 atm ). Anyway it's the most funny team I ever made and I like it a lot. Don't hesitate to leave a comment or a suggestiong, this team needs to be improved. The only thing I want to keep is Jirachi :3

Thanks for reading and hoping you will enjoy this team if you test it !
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-160712096 ( Shows how much Jirachi can be effective )

Last edited:
☆Threats☆

I can't do anything very useful against it if it carries Earth Power/Sludge Wave/Psychic. It hits nearly all my mons super effectively. Conkeldurr can OHKO it with Ice Punch but will loose a lot of HP after Psychic. Best option is to avoid Mega-Evolving M-Charizard X before I killed Landorus.

Swampert can take some hits but after +1 it's nearly impossible to get rid of it. Clefable can't take 2 Flare Blitz.

Zapdos and Jirachi can take a hit. Zapdos can even OHKO with Thunderbolt. After a Swords Dance, it destroys my team though.

If Choice Band/Assault Vest I have to burn it with M-Charizard X, if Belly Drum I can revenge kill with Zapdos but in both case, I will at least lose one mon.

Conkeldurr, Zapdos, Charizard X can weaken it but I will loose at least on mon before being able to kill it.

Only M-Charizard X can take on it. My biggest chance are to have always the rocks set. Zapdos can revenge kill.
Swampert can kill easily, Conkeldurr can revenge kill with Mach Punch and Zapdos can weaken it with Heat Wave. Otherwise, my defensive core can't resist it
Swampert is a good check, Conkeldurr can OHKO if it avoids Intimidate.

Zapdos and Swampert can take a hit and deal great damages but I don't have a very good answer otherwise.

Needs to be updated

Last edited:
BUMP !

Come on, this team is far away from being perfect ;) I have big troubles against Landorus-I and M-Charizard X. If you want more info, check my Threat list.

Your team has a very hard time with Mega Venusaur, especially Leech Seed varients, since bulky Mega Venusaur has the ability to beat out Mega Charizard X while your Jirachi does extremely little and gets stalled out as well. Another thing you mentioned is that Mega Charizard X doesn't have a hard time at all sweeping your team after residual damage from Swampert, which, with no recovery and no safe wish user, you will really have a hard time getting recovery on this. Your team is most definitely stall oriented, so I feel like replacing your two bulky offensive Pokemon with more stall oriented Pokemon will help a lot.

First, I see Landorus almost 6-0's your team, the only Pokemon being able to check reliably is Conkeldurr who will barely take a Psychic. You desperately need a better check to this thing. Sp.D Gliscor sounds like a good option over Swampert. It gives you a Pokemon that beats all non HP Ice varients of Landorus, as well as the ability to stallbreak through Mega Venusaur, another notable threat. To compensate for this change, replace U-Turn on Jirachi for Stealth Rocks.

You desperately need a switch-in for water types, since atm you can't really switch in to a Choice Specs Hydro Pump Keldeo. At first I was thinking Amoonguss to also counter Azumaril, but then I realized you'd be even weaker to Charizard X then. Thankfully, Thunder Wave Slowbro can reduce the wreckage Charizard X would be capable of doing, since Thunder Wave now makes it revenge killable by your own Charizard X or 2hko'd by Gliscor. Replacing Conkeldurr for this would really help. :)

That was a lot of changes, I hope you don't mind. Good luck with the team!

All the changes
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Your team has a very hard time with Mega Venusaur, especially Leech Seed varients, since bulky Mega Venusaur has the ability to beat out Mega Charizard X while your Jirachi does extremely little and gets stalled out as well. Another thing you mentioned is that Mega Charizard X doesn't have a hard time at all sweeping your team after residual damage from Swampert, which, with no recovery and no safe wish user, you will really have a hard time getting recovery on this. Your team is most definitely stall oriented, so I feel like replacing your two bulky offensive Pokemon with more stall oriented Pokemon will help a lot.

First, I see Landorus almost 6-0's your team, the only Pokemon being able to check reliably is Conkeldurr who will barely take a Psychic. You desperately need a better check to this thing. Sp.D Gliscor sounds like a good option over Swampert. It gives you a Pokemon that beats all non HP Ice varients of Landorus, as well as the ability to stallbreak through Mega Venusaur, another notable threat. To compensate for this change, replace U-Turn on Jirachi for Stealth Rocks.

You desperately need a switch-in for water types, since atm you can't really switch in to a Choice Specs Hydro Pump Keldeo. At first I was thinking Amoonguss to also counter Azumaril, but then I realized you'd be even weaker to Charizard X then. Thankfully, Thunder Wave Slowbro can reduce the wreckage Charizard X would be capable of doing, since Thunder Wave now makes it revenge killable by your own Charizard X or 2hko'd by Gliscor. Replacing Conkeldurr for this would really help. :)

That was a lot of changes, I hope you don't mind. Good luck with the team!

All the changes
Slowbro @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
Thanks for replying :) About Venusaur you are right it gives my team a lot of trouble. I need to find an answer to that too.

About the changes you suggests, SR on Jirachi isn't a bad idea at all, U-turn wasn't very useful. About the others, I tried them today. However adding Slowbro and Gliscor makes the team very weak to Thundurus-I, OHKOing or 2 OHKOing everything ( not M-Charizard X though but it's SR weakness prevents it from switching in safely ). Gliscor can't really deal with Landorus-I Psychic version. I need to think a little more about it but will try to find some new ideas as I really like this Jirachi set.

Other suggestions ?

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 139-165 (39.4 - 46.8%) -- 88.7% chance to 3HKO after Poison Heal

Knock Off doesn't sound bad over EQ on Gliscor, it does make stalling Pokemon like this easier and also lets you beat Gengar who is otherwise a threat.

Now to Charizard X, I think on paper it's enough for Thundurus, after all, you can't not have troubles with every single threat, you just need to handle them. However, I think Zen Headbutt>Wish on Jirachi and changing Clefable's set doesn't seem bad at all, and as a matter of fact is what I've been doing.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Thunder Wave

Albeit your team relies a little bit more on Clefable, it really provides a solid glue to your team. Handing threats such as Charizard X, but most importantly, lets you have a backup for Thundurus with Jirachi while still providing utility and a switch-in to Mega Heracross. You have Charizard X and Zapdos for Pokemon such as Scizor and Ferrothorn, so I really think you're good there. :)

Hey Adrima, interesting team you have there. I like the idea of using Jirachi in OU, but as Quickbobhero already pointed out you have a devastating weakness to Keldeo. A possible fix for this problem and your inability to break through Venusaur could be the replacement of Conkeldurr with Life Orb Latios. It is able to 2HKO Venusaur with Psyshock and is also a great counter to Landorus without Knock Off.
I agree with the suggestion of Quickbobhero to give Jirachi SR but I would replace Conkeldurr with Scarf-Landorus-T. Although this gives you a third Ice weakness, it would provide you with a viable check for Zard-X even after 1 DD as well as a secondary check for Pinsir-Mega.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover

Knock Off doesn't sound bad over EQ on Gliscor, it does make stalling Pokemon like this easier and also lets you beat Gengar who is otherwise a threat.

Now to Charizard X, I think on paper it's enough for Thundurus, after all, you can't not have troubles with every single threat, you just need to handle them. However, I think Zen Headbutt>Wish on Jirachi and changing Clefable's set doesn't seem bad at all, and as a matter of fact is what I've been doing.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell/Thunder Wave

Albeit your team relies a little bit more on Clefable, it really provides a solid glue to your team. Handing threats such as Charizard X, but most importantly, lets you have a backup for Thundurus with Jirachi while still providing utility and a switch-in to Mega Heracross. You have Charizard X and Zapdos for Pokemon such as Scizor and Ferrothorn, so I really think you're good there. :)
Thanks a lot for your help :) This Clefable set was more effective after testing ( even if I told myself I didn't want to use this set again as it is in all my teams xD )
About Knock Off over EQ it was a pretty idea and I like it even if EQ would be more useful sometimes :( But no room for it now. I edited my team with all the changes, have a look ;)

Hey Adrima, interesting team you have there. I like the idea of using Jirachi in OU, but as Quickbobhero already pointed out you have a devastating weakness to Keldeo. A possible fix for this problem and your inability to break through Venusaur could be the replacement of Conkeldurr with Life Orb Latios. It is able to 2HKO Venusaur with Psyshock and is also a great counter to Landorus without Knock Off.
I agree with the suggestion of Quickbobhero to give Jirachi SR but I would replace Conkeldurr with Scarf-Landorus-T. Although this gives you a third Ice weakness, it would provide you with a viable check for Zard-X even after 1 DD as well as a secondary check for Pinsir-Mega.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Surf
- Recover
Thanks for replying :) I thought to Landorus-T but still need to test it. I may use it instead of Gliscor but it can't handle Landorus-I as Gliscor do unfortunately. And Charizard X isn't a problem anymore with Unaware Clefable and Slowbro. About Latios, I agree it's a good check to M-Venusaur but it is too frail to be in a defensive team imo. I can use Latias instead of Zapdos with Defog support but I'd be weak to M-Pinsir then. And after the changes I made, Jirachi can deal with Venusaur pretty easily, spamming Zen Headbutt to death.

Ragnarock

Banned deucer.
How's it going bud.

This isn't a bad team you have here. I am gonna say, yes you are right that Lando-i kind of bashes you. Pinsir should be a minor threat considering you have zapdos. Also I don't see CharX as big of a threat as you stated, considering you got slowbro just chillin w/ Twave. But then again, what stall team isn't weak to CharX,,, I've also noticed Dark Pulse LO Greninja is a big threat to this kind of team.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's not eating it up my fren. Clefable also gets 2hko with the current spread you are using, and everything else greninja just laughs at w/ Hydro Pumps and Ice Beams. However, if you need something to deal w/ it better, I recommend changing that Clefable spread to 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Sp Def Calm Nature. This ensures you a better switch as it will not be 2HKO'd by the frog.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 177-211 (45 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A Landorus check is kind of hard to throw in. I was gonna say throw SR Bronzong w/ HP Ice over Jirachi for a hard counter, but if you wanna keep it then zzzzzzzz. Your second best replacement would be to Stallbreaking Mew over Gliscor. This is to be sure that you can still survive vs opposing stall while still taking hits.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 144-171 (35.6 - 42.3%) -- 90.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'll provide the spreads/sets below, speed on Mew is for you to still have a chance vs shit like Jolly Mega Heracross AFTER mega evolving and make it catch this burn, and also outspeeding Mega Ttar to burn it.

That's all I have for you bud, hope I helped you a bit.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Also, if you care, here's a Bronzong set you can try if all of a sudden that steel fairy looks too ugly

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Jirachi actually has speed to be able to actually hurt Mega Heracross and beat Clefable is good enough to warrant it being really nice in this team. Also hitting Mega Venusaur and doing an effective job at checking Thundurus-I is kind of huge. Although I'd put Wish>Thunder Wave (after testing this team, Slowbro and Clefable are more than enough T-Waver's to help Jirachi out) and then you can actually outstall scarf Magnezone/have a second wish passer. Landorus-I gets beaten by Gliscor btw, who also prevents this team from being really TTar weak while also providing a better check for Sand Offense.

Clefable might be harder to check Mega Heracross, but I actually think the 96 Sp.D with Calm isn't a bad idea at all.

How's it going bud.

This isn't a bad team you have here. I am gonna say, yes you are right that Lando-i kind of bashes you. Pinsir should be a minor threat considering you have zapdos. Also I don't see CharX as big of a threat as you stated, considering you got slowbro just chillin w/ Twave. But then again, what stall team isn't weak to CharX,,, I've also noticed Dark Pulse LO Greninja is a big threat to this kind of team.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jirachi: 211-250 (52.2 - 61.8%) -- 96.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

That's not eating it up my fren. Clefable also gets 2hko with the current spread you are using, and everything else greninja just laughs at w/ Hydro Pumps and Ice Beams. However, if you need something to deal w/ it better, I recommend changing that Clefable spread to 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Sp Def Calm Nature. This ensures you a better switch as it will not be 2HKO'd by the frog.

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 177-211 (45 - 53.6%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

A Landorus check is kind of hard to throw in. I was gonna say throw SR Bronzong w/ HP Ice over Jirachi for a hard counter, but if you wanna keep it then zzzzzzzz. Your second best replacement would be to Stallbreaking Mew over Gliscor. This is to be sure that you can still survive vs opposing stall while still taking hits.

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 187-222 (46.2 - 54.9%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Sheer Force Landorus Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 104+ SpD Mew: 144-171 (35.6 - 42.3%) -- 90.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

I'll provide the spreads/sets below, speed on Mew is for you to still have a chance vs shit like Jolly Mega Heracross AFTER mega evolving and make it catch this burn, and also outspeeding Mega Ttar to burn it.

That's all I have for you bud, hope I helped you a bit.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 104 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Knock Off

Also, if you care, here's a Bronzong set you can try if all of a sudden that steel fairy looks too ugly

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake / Protect
- Gyro Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Jirachi actually has speed to be able to actually hurt Mega Heracross and beat Clefable is good enough to warrant it being really nice in this team. Also hitting Mega Venusaur and doing an effective job at checking Thundurus-I is kind of huge. Although I'd put Wish>Thunder Wave (after testing this team, Slowbro and Clefable are more than enough T-Waver's to help Jirachi out) and then you can actually outstall scarf Magnezone/have a second wish passer. Landorus-I gets beaten by Gliscor btw, who also prevents this team from being really TTar weak while also providing a better check for Sand Offense.

Clefable might be harder to check Mega Heracross, but I actually think the 96 Sp.D with Calm isn't a bad idea at all.
Thanks for replying guys :) About my threatlist Zamrock, it needs to be updated as the team changed a lot. I have to do more battles but you are right, Greninja is a threat to my team. My best answer is to sack something and then paralize with Jirachi/Slowbro. Replacing Gliscor isn't my priority atm as it is perfect to counter Landorus-I and have a better way of recovery with Poison Heal than Mew with Soft-Boiled imo. And about Bronzong, I might test it but Jirachi is sooo amazing for stall breaking and is my only way to deal easily with M-Venusaur.

However I will test the Clefable set for sure, hoping I won't miss the Bold nature ( I have to do some calcs against M-Charizard X... )

Quickbobhero As I'm using Aromatherapy over T-Wave on Clefable I can't really replace it with Wish on Jirachi ( even if I would like to... ). And I can't change Aromatherapy too as it proved itself to be very useful ( Slowbro and Clefable are often targeted by WoW or Toxic and would loose a lot of staying power if I couldn't heal them ). You are right about Gliscor helping against Sand Offense. I'm still hesitating between EQ and Knock Off as both can be useful. I have sucess with Knock Off atm but being unable to hit M-TTar or Excadrill hard can be annoying ( they can even set up on me ).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)