1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

☪ Drought - Offensive OU Team ☪

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Orb, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Orb

Orb

Hi, there. This is my offensive OU sun team in my Pokémon White 1. Building this team took dedication, heart, and devotion. I wouldn't say it's the best team in the world, but it gets the job done. ★

• Ninetales @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
    Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
    Name: Specially Defensive
    Move-set: Will O Wisp, HP Fight (70), Flamethrower, Substitute
    Additional information: This set mainly focuses on crippling opposing weather inducers such as, Tyranitar. In addition, this set also focuses more on the defensive capabilities of Ninetales instead of her offensive capabilities. Thus, keeping her alive a bit more longer then usual. Lastly, this Ninetales focuses more on aiding her fellow teammates by wearing down the enemy in any shape possible, and making things a lot more easier for her fellow sweepers.

[​IMG]

• Chansey @ Eviolite
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
    Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
    Name: Wish Support
    Move-set: Wish, Protect, Toxic, Seismic Toss
    Additional information: Plain and simple, providing wish support benefits any team, and an offensive sun team is no exception. Aside from wish support, walling special attackers as well as physical attackers is another aspect that's focused on this particular set. The combination of toxic/protect is also very helpful in terms of wearing down opposing bulky Pokemon.
    [​IMG]

• Ferrothorn@ Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD | IVs: 0 Spe
    Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
    Name: Standard
    Move-set: Gyro Ball, Stealth Rock, Protect, Leech Seed
    Additional information: Ferrothorn's an excellent Pokemon with fantastic walling capabilities, a good entry hazard supporter, and has a good typing such as its counterpart, Forretress. I chose Stealth Rock over Spikes simply because, I don't have another Pokemon on my team that can set up Stealth Rock, let alone set it up as effectively as, Ferrothorn.

[​IMG]

• Espeon @ Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
    Nature: Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
    Name: Duel Screens
    Move-set: Reflect, Light Screen, Psyshock, Baton Pass
    Additional Information: Duel Screen support is always helpful in terms of beefing up the entire team, let alone its fellow team sweepers. Psyshock is for special walls, and other various ghost-types, fighting-types, etc. Baton Pass is recommended in order to escape the clutches of powerful pursuit users such as Tyranitar, and Scizor. ♬ Espeon is also the best magic bounce user in OU, and it's my coverage for not having a rapid spinner.

[​IMG]

• Venusaur @Life Orb
    Ability: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 92 Atk / 252 SpA / 164 Spe
    Nature: Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
    Name: Mixed Growth
    Move-set: Growth, Giga Drain, Earthquake, Sludge Bomb
    Additional information: You didn't think I was running an offensive OU sun team without a sweeper did you? Well, feast your eyes on my mixed growth sun sweeper. After a growth in the sun, Venusaur is basically unstoppable, and has very few counters. With Duel Screen support, my Venusaur's defensive capabilities make a huge comeback. In the end, this dinosaurs wrath combined with its immense bulk, will always trouble opposing teams.

[​IMG]

• Garchomp@Choice Scarf
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
    Name: Choice Scarf
    Move-set: Outrage, Dragon Claw, Fire Fang, Earthquake
    Additional information: Ever since one of my favorite Pokemon of all time made its way back to OU just a few days ago, my team couldn't have asked for more. Welcome back, Garchomp, we've missed you. Garchomp's revenge killing capabilities is my team needed all along. With a fantastic 102 base speed, Garchomp out speeds MoxieMence, and easily k0es it. Not just MoxieMence, but once equipped with a Choice Scarf, Garchomp becomes so fast, it can just about k0 any Pokemon with Stealth Rock support. That's why, having Stealth Rocks on my team is very beneficial for my, Garchomp.
    [​IMG]

Well, folks, that concludes my team. This is my first ever thread created on Smogon, so if I've made any mistakes, please let me know and I'll fix it right away. I've just joined the Smogon community today, so I'm still a noobie, Lol. I'm hoping to make some new friends along the way. Thank you for reading, and I'm looking forward to reading all of your responses.
  2. Superpowerdude

Superpowerdude otters are cute imo
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Mentor

Woah trippy format dude, although this may just be me personally and it is me being fussy more then anything your rmt was a little hard to figure out with the pictures below the pokemon. For a second their i though you were running Choice Scarf Venasaur XD. Again this is probally just be being fussy so you don't have to put the pictures on top if you don't want to :) Anyway nice looking sun team!

Ok looking at your team one threat that stands out immediatly is Mamoswine. With a Life Orb attatched nothing on your team can take it's hits to well. Chansey and Ferrothorn can destroyed by Superpower, while Mamoswine's Ice Shard can bypass Garchomp and Venasaurs's speed while hitting them super effectively. Ninetales happens to also get beaten by Earthqauker and Espeon isn't exactly the bulkiest of pokemon and will have a rough time switching in. Although this sun team has Espeon with Magic Bounce hazards can still be an issue to this team if they are brought up because Stealth Rock takes a 25% chunk of Ninetales health of each time it switches in making it hard for this team to win the weather war. Also despite Espeon Tyranita will have a pretty easy time getting up Stealth Rock since Espeon can't switch in fearing the Crunch or Pursuit.

To help remedy your problems with Mamoswine and give your team a pokemon capable of spinning away hazards Forretress>Ferrothorn is not a bad idea. For one Forretress is able to take a hit from Mamoswine and Ko back with Gyro Ball. He also still provides Stealth Rock like Ferrothorn except he has the invaluable Rapid Spin as well. In conjunction with Espeon hazards will be quite difficult to set up against this team with a Rapid Spin and Magic Bounce user. You don't really miss out on anything without Ferrothorn as Forretress provides alot of the same roles (Steel-type, hazards setter, wall) except he doesn't have that nasty Fighting-type weakness and is able to Rapid Spin. The only real thing Ferrothorn has over Forretress in this team is a Water-type resist, which isn't to important with Drought halving the power of Water-type moves and Chansey/Venasaur to take Water-type moves.

I don't really see the use of having a mixed Venasaur on this team. the only real thing it has over the regular Venasaur is the ability to beat Heatran who is already handeled by Chansey and Garchomp seeing as Garchomp can outspeed and ohko with Earthqauke and Chansey walls it all day. A Special Growth Venasaur>Mixed Venasaur should do quite nicely. With no need for Earthqauke Venasaur can free up a move slot for the move Sleep Powder making you able to pretty much take out one of your opponents pokemon for the whole game while giving Venasaur more set up oppurtunites with Growth.

Good luck with the team i hope i helped!

Sets
    Show Hide
    Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Forretress @ Leftovers | Sturdy
    Relaxed | 252 Hp / 176 Def / 80 Sp Def
    Rapid Spin | Stealth Rock | Volt Switch | Gyro Ball

[​IMG]
    Venasaur @ Life Orb | Chlorophly
    Ivs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
    Modest | 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Sleep Powder | Growth | Giga Drain | Hidden Power [Fire]

Tl;dr
    Show Hide
    Show Hide

Forretress--->Ferrothorn

Venasaur
    .Special Growth Set--->Mixed Set

~Superpowerdude
  3. Orb

Orb

Superpowerdude, thanks for the reply. I'll definitely take that into consideration. I'd like to hear from others before I make any sudden changes to my sun team. I had, Forretress, on my team a while ago, but I wanted to try out, Ferrothorn. Reason being, I didn't think my team really needed a rapid spinner because I had my, Espeon, who's a good counter for bouncing back opposing entry hazards. However, now I see that it's a good idea to always have a backup plan deflecting entry hazards. As for my, Venasaur, I think you're correct. The only reason I had Earthquake was to take care of opposing, Heatrans. However, I do have my Chansey and Garchomp, so Heatran isn't too much of a big deal. Again, thank you for your reply, and I'm looking forward to receiving additional feedback from other people.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)