OMotM Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to do an article on OMotM's and basically just write up about why they were picked, the metagame itself, what an OMotM is, etc. This could be a one-time thing or a monthly thing, it's really not up to me :p!

---

Thank you to GatoDelFuego for suggesting this as well :-)

I don't think doing it every month is viable because The Smog isn't released in the first week of every month. Just an introduction/explanation of OMotM wouldn't have enough content I think.

An alternate idea (if this hasn't been done) would be an explanation of the OMotM process and then you could go on to describe the OMs with permanent ladders because they are the ones that were popular as OMotM (which is why they have a permanent ladder). Thoughts on that Arcticblast and co?

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Or you could just feature all of the metas that has been featured during the past month (s).

Or you could just feature all of the metas that has been featured during the past month (s).
What do you think about doing what I said for all of that for every OMotM of 2014, then doing it again in a few months for 2015? I know it's long future planning, but it sounds neat.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
....wouldn't 12 metas make for a long article? I'd rather see it split up in at least two parts per year.

....wouldn't 12 metas make for a long article? I'd rather see it split up in at least two parts per year.
Yeah, I wasn't suggesting waiting until December to do them lol! I was suggesting doing it from February - August and then September - January. Or at least something along these lines.

Heyo, was going through articles and was wondering about this one. Instead of a biannual thing, I'm starting to dig Bummer 's idea of going through and making this a 'OMotM Through Time' article going back to old OMotM and featuring them all in one article. Thoughts?

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, this sounds like a cool idea, and I've seen no objections to Bummer's idea either. Approved!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)