1-Up Events: 2011 Independent UK Pokémon Championships: LCQ & Grand Final

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO WHO ACTUALLY WON? Nobody's posted it, anywhere, just that they didn't know who it was.

I think I'm asking for quite a few people when I ask how did our mate Rees do?!?! He was supposed to be there I think!

it was a guy called ray i think , i didnt catch his last name. he knocked me out in the last 8, i finished 7th. he had a trick room team with whinsicott and jellicent both having trick room, he was good and i think he deserved the win,

great day had a wicked time. my first comp and got through the lcq and finished 7th, more than i expected,

I do not think the guy who won has an account on here.

Havak got beat by a 12 year old in top 4, I lost to the guy who won in top 4 thanks to a 1 turn sleep
Peng lost to Havak in top 8, I beat B-Lulz in top 8
I beat Hoyle in top 16

Rees didn't get through to the top 16 i think
EDIT: oh ok

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I tested some things. Some worked, some didn't. Didn't make it out of my group. A pleasant day seemed to be had by all.
My McDonalds for lunch was below average. This dissapointed me greatly. (How's that for a warstory)

Rees wasn't about, did befriend someone else for the day though, always a good one.
Also, I had no idea that was you Mafia, but thanks.

Made top 16 which was alright. Disappointed with Gec for not showing up as we would have had our rematch in the group stage. One more week to learn all I can for LCQ. Thank you Flinchy Stryder for put thread up mate.

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I watched that battle in the top 4. You were tearing him a new one, then what the hell happened? I was really really confused.

I did enjoy our Qualifier battle Havak, even if it did come down to a flinch, and then a miss. Got a bit tense.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have no idea mate, I keep thinking of what I should have done. I guess it's hard to predict someone who doesn't really know what they're doing that much xD I only recall him using Rock Slide, Close Combat, Heat Wave, Thunderbolt, and Psychic in the whole game. It was just hard to stop hyper offence like that and I was over-thinking it. Gutted.

peng

hivemind leader
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
4th Place as already shown, but I should have won this thing lol.
I don't really get how you can say this when you only beat me because of a Rock Slide crit our Top 8 match. As I said before, I'm not bothered you went on instead of me but saying you should have won the whole thing when really you shouldn't have got past top 8 is very obnoxious.

Speaking of which you can watch the battle here.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't really get how you can say this when you only beat me because of a Rock Slide crit our Top 8 match. As I said before, I'm not bothered you went on instead of me but saying you should have won the whole thing when really you shouldn't have got past top 8 is very obnoxious.

Speaking of which you can watch the battle here.
I couldn't really remember our match that much, just that I won, but having watched it yeah you're right :) but at least from that point, it was my own stupidity and selection choice in the semi-finals that did me in. I'm more pissed off with myself than anything, but congrats to everyone anyway.

I did actually mean to Detect Scrafty at the end to prevent Spore btw, but I can't remember why I didn't. I'm sure I saw that Taunt ended, but obviously I would have needed two Detects to pull it off.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah this was fun, match I had with Kawaii was the best VGC match I ever had so going to try and get that up on Youtube or something. Last 8 match with gree was almost as good and he deserved to win. Good times!

Just got an email back off 1-Up and the winner on the day was called Guy Claridge and the runner up (2nd Place) was Thomas Davies.

Was a great day out didn't really chat to many of you guys, was kinda shy being new on here and all, I wish I had now though!

I did ok got through LCQ and came third in my group matches, (may write a warstory)

James Green (704gree) who came third is Strength and will defo be a tough match for anyone at worlds!

Hopefully 1-Up Will do another one next year and will hopefully be able to make a qualifier this time, great day altogether and was nice to see as many people turn up!

kinda funny how none of the big name UK battlers show up (bar havak) and a 12 year old comes second to a complete random.

gg uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)