1000th Post - A World Champions Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Great pictures, and looks like a best time ever, and congratulations on ultimate win again. You've come a long way since New York 2008.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It was a paid vacation to Hawaii, New York, or Tokyo.

I think he and most North Americans would pick Tokyo =P I'm pretty sure nobody who won would have picked Hawaii for obvious reasons!

Great warstory. I wish there were VGC over here, I could go and maybe meet some people from Smogon too! I still have a long way to go since I don't really know anything about the metagame yet x) Anyway, congrats on being World Champion!

Heh. PBB and I tried out a few combinations, and we were like "I don't see how BlueCookies can lose to this guy" so we gave you the thumbs up. Then I was said to myself "what if he leads Lugia and Ludicolo and uses Substitute while BlueCookies sets up TR?"

That one... didn't work out so well for your team. And we said "oh shit" when we saw those were the leads he picked for the first battle.

Thankfully he didn't stick with those leads.
Yeah, we were startled to say the least when Tochigi put out Lugia and Ludicolo since that was the only combo that actually gave his team a fighting chance; Bluecookies still might have pulled it out but it would have been really difficult. The other battles we had with different leads weren't even close.

Anyways, huge congrats are in order! Bluecookies you nailed it and came home the world champion. tu es muy fuerte y el champione jajajajaja. That trophy is a pretty big one, and clear crystal at that; guess I'll just have to settle for my Sheer Cold Suicine shirt I bought off the Japanese as my consolation prize. :p

(the back lower half)

I'll definitely be seeing you next year at least once, if not twice.

and yeah alpha, OD found it on serebii. I was determined not to leave the hotel without making poffins with at least somebody. :p Next year somebody bring their Emerald so we can make Pokeblocks!

congrats dude!!

only thing now to worry about is next year seeing as it will be 5th gen wich mean whole new moves + ablillity

Aww dammit PBB, I wanted one of those. How much was it?

I didn't even manage to get a Pokémon shirt at all. Just this sweet one with surfing geckos on from that lizardy shop by the food court.

Also Ray, I'm less British??? Whaat? :D
I'm a northern lad, and the north doesn't get much exposure outside of England since it's, well, just hills and sheep and stuff and has completely different stereotypes and accents.

I am going to be very unhappy if the VGC doesn't come to Australia next year. You guys need to see some real players. :P

Nah, Great work man.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Finally! I thought i was going crazy!
Haha, I thought the exact same thing!

Great story man, I love the way you wrote it. Reminds me of someone else's Smocon warstory writing style... :avatar:

Epic stuff, not gonna lie. Amazing job.

First we beat the Japanese in Smash (DEHF over Brood at Apex 2010), then in Pokemon. Americans beating them in their own games.

Rube and Albert saw this as a perfect opportunity for SEX? SEX? SEX? And tried to work their magic. Unfortunately, they were only 17 and their parents were there
They will be 18 next year :naughty:

They will be 18 next year :naughty:
yees!...:naughty:

Well good warstory men. And congratulations again. It was a very funny trip and I hope repeat this next year with all the smogon people that I met in hawai!!

SMOGON PEOPLE ROCKS!!

Ruben only can say in english: SEX? or you're a bitch xd that's all his vocabulary! :D

ESPAÑA!!!:cloud:

See you, Take care! ;) and get a lot of CHICAS in the DISCOOO!!

Aww dammit PBB, I wanted one of those. How much was it?

I didn't even manage to get a Pokémon shirt at all. Just this sweet one with surfing geckos on from that lizardy shop by the food court.

I negotiated to get it for $30. I tried going down to $25 but the Japanese guy refused, so lol I just gave him $30 offer and he took it. Pretty sweet bargain imo. =)

DISCOOOOOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)