1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

101 Little Ants

Discussion in 'BW UU' started by hilarious, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hilarious

hilarious

Hi! Please read the next few sentences if you want to post.

Just two nights ago I started to play UU again after a break for a couple months and I was quite pleased with myself because I remembered everything pretty much that I needed to (for instance Fire is good against Grass!). Everyone knows these things if they're on these forums, from random weak ladder players to people as strong as me.

But there are little things in a game that can make all the difference on occasion - for instance did you know only Shiny Rash Raikou are able to know Aura Sphere? If your opponent is using a non-Shiny Raikou you can safely switch in Snorlax knowing it is pretty much no threat to you. But if your opponent is using a Shiny Raikou you might assume it must have Aura Sphere - not true - and then switch to an inferior counter like Bronzong. A game could easily be decided because someone assumed their Scarf Mienshao would outspeed a Shiny Scarf Raikou because they thought it had to be Rash - only to find out that the opponent was just being particularly crafty to trick this idea onto people.

So little things matter, that much is certain. I think to help step up our games a notch or two we can make a list of the little things we need to be careful of while also, to encourage discussion and not make this a plus post count thread, give an explanation on how the detail might make a difference. No need to keep track although I might repost some particularly good ones in this post.
  2. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

you are aware that PS does not enforce the shinyness on raikou thing right
  3. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

doesn't enforce nature, either
  4. hilarious

hilarious

i bet ur one of those aqua jet belly drum azu users :0

no i wasn't aware i thought it got fixed
  5. Luigifan

Luigifan

...So, what does the thread title have to do with the topic at hand? I came in here expecting Durant.
  6. Jimmyftw

Jimmyftw

I guess it's his way of metaphorically saying "a bunch of little nitpicks."
  7. atomicllamas

atomicllamas on good days I am charming as fuck
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

8. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

rofl

this was like 8 months ago, bro. it didn't enforce nature.
  9. atomicllamas

atomicllamas on good days I am charming as fuck
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Oh lmao, didn't even notice, sorry.
  10. Nas

Nas Thinking of a master plan...
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Staff Alumnus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)