101 Signs You Need Help in UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Explosion isn't totally worthless. It is on Bronzong, but a faster Pokemon can Explode to make Rapid Spin fail for a turn, which gives you a free chance to bring in a counter. This is most notable on a suicide Azelf.
Yeah, that's what I meant by just "haphazardly" tossing it on any Pokémon. You need a definite purpose behind exploding this gen, like on suicide Azelf. It's not just a nice move to have when you feel like dishing out damage anymore, which I still see people doing. Azelf has the reason and the attack stat to back up an Explosion, so he gets the okay.

#42 Forgetting to set abilities on your pokemon

This is more-of a PO problem than a Showdown problem, but it happens still all the same.

Rough Skin Sharpedo go!
Yeah that reminds me of that one game which I would have lost if my opponent didn't have a Scarf Heracross with Guts instead of Moxie derp (although I really couldn't tell whether it was actually intended or not, but why would you scarf a guts heracross >_>)

Having said that, I don't think this is a legitimate reason to be labled as "need help in UU", as it just has to do with people forgetting to put abilities on their pokes for whatever reason (probably brain malfunction)

Yeah that reminds me of that one game which I would have lost if my opponent didn't have a Scarf Heracross with Guts instead of Moxie derp (although I really couldn't tell whether it was actually intended or not, but why would you scarf a guts heracross >_>)
Scarfing a Guts Heracross actually isn't a bad idea; it's an excellent way of luring in status and punishing the opponent.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
but why would you scarf a guts heracross >_>
It's got some merit. The way people tend to beat Scarf Heracross now is to bring in something bulky before it gets an Attack boost, or when it only has one attack boost. Once you're just nailing additional sweepers, the boosted Attack stops mattering. Combine that with people just assuming Heracross is Moxie, and Guts becomes super viable. I still prefer Moxie because it's possible to set up "checkmate" scenarios where they can sacrifice a sweeper and get OHKOed or bring in their check and get 2HKOed, but Guts is mighty tempting.

Scarfing a Guts Heracross actually isn't a bad idea; it's an excellent way of luring in status and punishing the opponent.
It's got some merit. The way people tend to beat Scarf Heracross now is to bring in something bulky before it gets an Attack boost, or when it only has one attack boost. Once you're just nailing additional sweepers, the boosted Attack stops mattering. Combine that with people just assuming Heracross is Moxie, and Guts becomes super viable. I still prefer Moxie because it's possible to set up "checkmate" scenarios where they can sacrifice a sweeper and get OHKOed or bring in their check and get 2HKOed, but Guts is mighty tempting.
I can see it working out by outminding the opponent; it's just, that in that one game I played, I had a Crobat at 53% with rocks up on my field. I sacked my Houndoom to Heracross and since it didn't have moxie, my crobat was able to take the scarfed CC and live with 9% to roost up. It went downhill for my opponent at that point.
I don't know whether or not Guts was intended, but either way, I bet my opponent kicked himself for going for Guts at that point :x

Metal Sonic

Resurgence
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
What's wrong with scarfed guts heracross? I use guts scarfed heracross =.=

Especially useful in Sableye 1v1s or when I dont give a ---- about a spinner and there are toxic spikes on the field which idgaf to clear

Scarf Guts with Sleep talk Hera got it's merits.

Anyway, another sign you need help in UU is if you use Dusclops (has it been said already?)

I beg to differ with the whole Dusclops thing. I use dusclops intelligently for what good uniqueness it has. (Better sp def) Because that's what my team needs. And laddering to top 30 in UU was the easiest thiing ever.

#43- Ridiculing your opponent for using a lower tier pokemon.

This should be obvious, but you shouldn't underestimate a pokemon just because it's from a lower tier. Especially when playing against admittngly good players. They put it on their team for a reason. And you would rather elimnate quickly than just wait around to find out why.

#44. Running a stall team without countering SD Heracross/Cobalion. That's self explanitory. Everyone likes their new toys! Old toys are fun too. XD (That reminds me of when I single handedly OHKOed Blissey with Porygon-Z and swept with it after recharge. :D)

#45 You use Pokemon that were common in DP UU thinking that they're automatically still good.

This one's not as relevant these days but I still see it. A whole lot changed in UU with the shift of the last generation. Pokemon like Milotic, Registeel, Arcanine, Ambipom, and Mismagius used to be the cream of the crop in the day. The metagame centered around threats like these. Nowadays, though, they have a lot of things to compete with. They only work if you need very specific niches, but often you're better off with something else. This is basically a specific example of the advice "pick the best things for your team", as opposed to what you like or what you think is cool (I know Milotic is pretty and Registeel s your favorite legendary and whatever, but there are better bulky waters usually and Bronzong is awesome).

too lazy to see if this has been already done or not, but whatever
#25 people who think that you're bad if you don't run the standard sets exactly as they are in smogon.
I was laddering on PO the other day and I was using a cofag with knock off > rest because I don't like running rest on a poke without sleep talk or a cleric. My opponent decided to switch in his chandelure against my cofag (he u-turned out with mienshao and was most likely predicting the will-o-wisp) and I used knock off, knocking off his chandelure's choice scarf. This guy raged at me so hard it because knock off wasn't listed as a move on the defensive set on smogon. Not just UU players, but some people in general need to realize that the smogon movesets are just a guide, not an absolute.

O god, i hate people like that lol. Sometimes i think people just like to make shit up to complain about.
That brings me to my point aswell.
-People that thing x is cheap and is banned competitive play.
Yes this happens way too much, i just had this guy complain how broken focus band is ._. I'm about to give up on the world lol.

#46 After finding out that the opposing Heracross is not scarfed you think that this makes it not threat/ not being scared of SD, Sub or SD+Sub Heracross

I've taken out several gligars (and entire teams) by subbing and swords dancing. Eventually Heracross is able to use either stab to 2HKO gligar. We all know nothing else in the metagame will live when Hera reaches that power. I only started using this set after I got destroyed by it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)