Skaulk-Caulkus (Zracknel Art) Updated 9/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi.

I'm Zracknel, and this is my art.

At least, this should be my art. I am an utter internet nub and have no idea whether or not pictures will appear since they're linked off of facebook of all places.

If they do show up, I'd love for some feedback. Titles are listed below the works. Enjoy and such.

The Gear-Man.

Kiss You Goodnight.

Motion Machine.

The Incision.

Me in one minute and a half.

There's more-- I just wanted to make sure this isn't a total mess. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Wow, surreal, grotesque, and mildly Gigerish. These are the stuff that dreams (or nightmares) are made of. Great job, Zracknel, you have a very nice style.

You are now the coolest artist on Smogon in my opinion. Your stuff is that cool. To think that Smogon would get all sorts of different kinds of art over a short span of time, hehe yup Smeargle's studio is growing.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
wow awesome art dude! I like that you can't really see what's going on, it makes them more surreal and creepy. Also gearman is brilliant

Lexay

I could be boned!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Everything that has to be said has been said. I think your drawings are weird yet amazing, and I absolutely love it how they're a mystery to my eyes. Good job.

The.Lost.Hylian

Conquer your Shadow
is a Researcher Alumnus
This thread made me want to shit my pants.

I am trying to think of what art style it is, and I don't think I'll remember the name, but you do it damn well. You should look into doing art for horror/odd fantasy novels.

Thinking of Surrealism?
Yeah; it's not bad. Unfortunately, I think that your art, albeit good, is so... unique and almost random, that the hidden message you may have been trying to convey in each piece got lost somewhere.
Unless you didn't intend to have any sort of message. Then, it's OK.
NIce stuff, man. Seriously.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I almost didn't bother reading this thread. I'm SOOOO glad I did, those are fucking incredible man. Post more as soon as you have them ready.

Thanks for the overwhelmingly positive feedback! Glad to hear that many of you are interested in this stuff-- I was certainly not expecting that.

That being said,

Let's keep going.

Same deal as last time--titles are listed beneath the works.

The Wall Ghost.

Open and Closed.

Heartthrob.

Right Through.

Allyson.

Thanks again. I hope you enjoy these.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Your style is a lot different than what we're used to here, yet totally awesome. Loving 'open and closed'.

o.0 Nice style dude... you got some crazy ideas! Well... probably you just start drawing a shape, not knowing what it gonna be and then just draw, draw, draw till something looking good comes out? I drawn some things some time ago in similar style (but much worse drawings :P) and i did it said way.

Thanks for the continued feedback, I really appreciate it.

Some replies:

Yeah; it's not bad. Unfortunately, I think that your art, albeit good, is so... unique and almost random, that the hidden message you may have been trying to convey in each piece got lost somewhere.
Unless you didn't intend to have any sort of message. Then, it's OK.
NIce stuff, man. Seriously.
This is a criticism I've gotten a few times before, (from college portfolio reviewers back in the day as well as other, more random people) and I'm consistently conflicted over it. While I feel it to be an important attribute of art to communicate on its own, I'm often in the mood only to satisfy myself when working. The result is that yes, some pieces are probably incomprehensible, but I'm generally more satisfied with them. It's something I would like to change, though, and this type of response is evidence to me that it's something that still needs work.

You have a deviantArt?
Not yet; I'd been more or less boycotting the site and its ilk for ages. I'm really looking into this now, though, because it'd certainly be a way to get more feedback, which is a good thing. I'll let you know when I get around to that.

Well... probably you just start drawing a shape, not knowing what it gonna be and then just draw, draw, draw till something looking good comes out? I drawn some things some time ago in similar style (but much worse drawings :P) and i did it said way.
Sometimes. I generally have some idea of what I want, though I try to be flexible when it goes in a different direction. Other times, I'm just doing shapes until something happens, and go from there. I feel satisfied with some of the results I've gotten both ways. I'd also be interested to see what you came up with.

Sorry if those were tl;dr, I know brevity is important with text.

There's more stuff I have yet to upload, and there's some stuff still in the works. I'll try to get it up as soon as I get the chance. Thanks again.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sorry if those were tl;dr, I know brevity is important with text.
Not at all man. Being a fellow artist (musician) I love to hear how other artists' brains work and what leads to what they produce.

Also, I just noticed that Open and Closed is on a paper plate, that fucking awesome man.

A small update.

Meat and Hook.

Nobody's Watching.

__

In other news, I will be travelling next week, so the week of March 12th is the soonest I'll be able to update/respond/etc.

Im so happy to see another artist here not posting pokemon art, Nobody's Watching is by far my favorite.

wow i love these. they're so..strange, but they make me stare at them for a long time trying to figure out what exactly is in the picture.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
You know everytime I see this it makes me want to fucking kill myself, it's that scary. It also reminds me of the cover art for In Flames' Come Clarity. It's like a way too creepy version of Escher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)