1st Annual BSS Secret Santa

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
So A Majority of you want the teams to remain Anonymous so I will compile a post on sometime in Early January with everyones teams all put together real nice! All I need you guys to do is just PM me your finished project in our previous conversation with Sprites and all the jazz mentioned in my previous post. You have until January 1st to PM your finished team so I can put a big post together.

Merry Christmas NOVED! Hope you enjoy the team!

I wrote a bit about the teambuilding process and what some of the EV spreads do if anyone is interested in reading it.

To begin with I decided to use a bulky Thundy-I in order to take better advantage of prankster and spread paralysis, along with Sash Greninja to get 2 layers of T-Spikes up in most situations. The Greninja spread can always OHKO AV Lando and Bulky Salamence with Ice Beam, OHKO Koko and Lele, and 2HKO Fini. Next I added Mimikyu because it's a good offensive mon. I chose a bulky set to deal with Mega-Blaziken better (I EVed it to always survive a Flare Blitz from Adamant M-Blaze. Plus with Thundy to spread paralysis it can afford to not run speed investment. At this point to team was looking pretty weak to tanky mons such as Ferrothorn and Porygon2, so I added Mega-Blaziken to power through them. The team needed some bulk so I added SpDef Ferrothorn to deal with Special Attackers such as Tapu Koko better. Finally I thought that this team would appreciate Stealth Rock support and could benefit a physically defensive mon, so I went with Hippowdon.

> Aqua Tail Dragonite.

That is legitimately a new one for me. Anyone care to enlighten me on the benefit of using Aqua Tail over Outrage / Fly / Elemental Punch because I can't really think of anything. I saw my team and literally sat there questioning only that.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
haha suck it Megazard you got stuck with me. hope the team is ok and you don't run into too many mega luc! I found stak hard to build around but I've been having fun with this team, you should know because you fucking sniped me on the ladder while I was testing it!!!! I almost scrapped it and started again after that so it would be a surprise but I didn't because this was the best variation in the end. I made it a QR code too for DS laddering!!! https://3ds.pokemon-gl.com/rentalteam/usum/BT-10C7-452F

hope you had a good christmas :psyglad:

Reactions: MZ

ethan06

⋖(☼┆☼)⋗
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Aight so Feesh Squad! Mate. You had the intense misfortune of having your prompt be handed to me, so I did my best with it and hopefully you enjoy what I came out with! I'll just tell you what I told BP in the PM:

This core lends itself more or less exclusively to hard Trick Room so that's how I decided to build it; the inherent redundancy between Mawile and Stakataka meant that the remaining three slots needed to be as diverse as possible to to cover typings and threats. With that said, my first new addition to the team was chosen to support the two Steel-type attackers and provide a sturdy all-purpose bulky attacker for the team: AV Tapu Bulu. This Pokémon was chosen to take care of bulky Waters such as Tapu Fini and Suicune, and to buffer against Earthquakes with Grassy Terrain. It has some utility in answering certain Ground- and Dragon-types, and in nuking bulkier opponents with Wood Hammer, but is mainly here for type synergy purposes. The fifth slot is an interesting pick - I went with Focus Sash Nihilego to help curb the rising issue of attackers such as Volcarona, Mega Salamence, Tapu Lele, and Mega Charizard Y, and to give the team some level of speed for matchups where consistently setting Trick Room could turn out to be unlikely. Nihilego has Trick Room itself as a tech option in the fourth slot; this allows for the possibility of setting a suicide Trick Room for one of the slow breakers, or catching an opponent offguard, or for playing with speed tiers and getting the jump on faster threats such as Tapu Koko, Mega Salamence, Mega Gengar or Naganadel. I played with a number of different Hidden Power types as I navigated my matchups with problem Pokémon such as Ferrothorn, Heatran and Celesteela, but eventually settled on Hidden Power [Ice] to check Naganadel and Landorus-T. Lastly, I chose Araquanid as a reliable resist to the team's Fire-, Fighting-, Water-, and Ground-type weaknesses, as well as as a multi-purpose stallbreaker, one-time nuke and anti-gimmick tool. Soak+Toxic allows Araquanid to play mindgames with Pokémon such as Ferrothorn and Toxapex that come in to soak up Hydro Vortex. Offensively, Araquanid is very one-note so it has the moveslots to spare. At this point, I was having issues with Cresselia's passiveness and with the overall matchup with Steel-types - Mawile was running a Substitute+Focus Punch set but it was struggling to consistently beat Celesteela so I first tried SD Thunder Punch, and then moved on to Fire Fang to catch Ferrothorn as well. Cresselia dropped Ice Beam and Moonlight for Psychic and Toxic, to cover more ground with neutral damage and ensure that it could have a lasting impact on the game even if the opponent brought an Ice resist. Stakataka is a Defense booster with a standard OTR set and Life Orb, to ensure that it can boost to take hits from Landorus-T and also 1v1 Aegislash with Earthquake. That's all I really have to say about this team overall so Merry Christmas Feesh Squad! I hope that this squad is similar to what you were imagining <3

here's a really average replay bc i didn't test for long enough to get really good ones rip
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7battlespotsingles-673492591

really looking forward to finding out who built me a team w/ amoonguss ferro super core and the av lapras

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)