1st RMT -Type Synergy

Hello all,
I have been doing pokemon wifi for a few months now and i decided to make my first RMT. I am not an expert at team building but the main thing i focus on is type synergy. I have been using this team for about a week now and i would like to know how you would improve it.

I started this team choosing a good lead and a strong core and a finisher.
i hope you like it.
This is my first RMT so if i did anything wrong please tell me and ill adjust it

Donphan (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Stone Edge

Donphan is the obvious lead of my team.
It's EV spread makes it very physically bulky given it 120 defense base stat.
It sets up rocks and spins other rocks/ spikes away.
Donphan has great defense so it can come in on threats like Cobalion.
Donphan can use ice shard to revenge kill pokemon.
Earthquake also does good damage since Donphan has 120 base attack.

Synergy : Water-Milotic, Ice-Victini/Milotic, Grass-Victini/Celebi/Zapdos.

Milotic (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail

Milotic is a great bulky water poke.
With EV's in HP and Def it can take quite a lot of physical hits.
Scald is used against fire types or to burn physical threats.
Haze is very handy when people try to set up on you or when you come across a Quiver dance baton pass team.
Recover to recover lost health or to stall out some turns or burn.
Hidden power grass is very usefull against water types like quagsire.

Synergy: Grass-Celebi/Zapdos, Thunder-Donphan.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 220 HP / 252 SAtk / 36 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain
- Earth Power
- Nasty Plot

Celebi is a great pokemon. With this EV spread it's bulky but it can also deal damage. Instead of recover i chose Giga Drain because it heals more HP after you get 1 Nasty Plot in. Hidden Power Fire to deal with Metal and Grass types and Psychic is a strong STAB. Due to its bulk you can easily switch it in to a grass/water attack and set up.

Synergy: Fire: Milotic, Bug-Cobalion/Zapdos, Ice-Victini/Milotic, Ghost-Cobalion, Dark-Cobalion, Flying-Zapdos, Poison-Cobalion/Donphan.

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Victini's V-create almost 1 shots everything in the UU metagame and thanks to the Choice scarf Victini usually gets in 2 hits before it needs to switch.With its Adamant nature and max EV investment in attack it deals great damage.
Fusion Bolt is a strong electric move. good against Flying or Water types.
U-turn if you see a switch coming and Zen Headbutt for a strong STAB attack.

Type Synergy: Water-Milotic/Celebi, Dark-Cobalion, Ground-Zapdos, Rock-Donphan/Celebi.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Cobalion has great defense and is also a great swords dance user.
It's EV's allow him to deal great damage and outspeed the likes of Scyther,Mismagius or Charizard. I am not sure wether to put taunt or iron head in the second spot. Taunt is great against opponents like Mismagius and registeel and so on. but Iron head is a good 100 accuracy STAB move.
Close combat is obvious and stone edge for fighting resistent pokes.
Justified makes it real easy to switch in if they want to use a dark type move on victini or celebi.

Type Synergy: Fire-Milotic/Stone edge, Ground- Zapdos, Fighting-Celebi.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Agility

Zapdos is a great pokemon. it has good speed combined with great special attack. Zapdos can easily switch in on ground types and kill with HP [Ice].
Grass types are also taken care of with heat wave. Thunderbolt is a great STAB move which deals great damage with life orb and max SAtk EV's.
Im still doubting wether i want Roost or Toxic since roost doesnt really come to use on a offensive set but neither does Toxic.

This concludes my RMT.
Im looking forward to your comments and thanks in advance.

Hard om the eyes.... Whaaat?

Okay good team basically.
I'd change milotic to restalk dragon tail and scald.
And like I believe 200 speed os good and 56 SE vial attack or something like that. I think that outruns jolly breloomley. Whatever.
Make donphan adamant max attack.
I'd max celebi's speed because you get more giga drain then.
Definitely rooston zapdos and... Maybe run the bulky max sp attack max HP set? Idont know.
Also,cobalion.... I'd switch it for weavile but it's me I tell everyone to use weevil"
Weevil@ focus sash
-swords dance
-night slash
-ice punch
-brick break
I love weavile and I love that set

Hard om the eyes.... Whaaat?

Okay good team basically.
I'd change milotic to restalk dragon tail and scald.
And like I believe 200 speed os good and 56 SE vial attack or something like that. I think that outruns jolly breloomley. Whatever.
Make donphan adamant max attack.
I'd max celebi's speed because you get more giga drain then.
Definitely rooston zapdos and... Maybe run the bulky max sp attack max HP set? Idont know.
Also,cobalion.... I'd switch it for weavile but it's me I tell everyone to use weevil"
Weevil@ focus sash
-swords dance
-night slash
-ice punch
-brick break
I love weavile and I love that set

Thanks for the feedback.
but could you tell me why i should change milotic to dragon tail and scald? because in uu with baton pass i think haze would be the better option.
also donphan is mostly used to take physical hits more than to deal damage.
if i change cobalion to weavile i can't switch anyone in on a poison attack.

This is a pretty good team but I think I can make some minor improvements.

On Donphan you want to keep the defensive spread. But I would suggest replacing Ice shard with Stone Edge. This way you can 2HKO 4HP Mismagius with Stealth Rock Damage who would otherwise set up on you because Ice shard will not break a sub 100% of the time unless you run 252 attack EVs. With Stone Edge you can also hit common switch ins to Donphan such as Zapdos and other flyers.

Instead of running max defense on Milotic you should switch some EVs into Special Defense and use a Rest + Sleep Talk set. Right now you really have nothing to sponge special attacks, and while they aren't very common they can still be problematic for your team.

Next On Celebi, you want to change Psychic for Earth Power, as right now Houndoom and Victini can wall you. With Earth Power you still hit Poisons, and Fighting types such as Hitmontop can't really do much to Celebi anyways and others like Heracross are already hit by HP Fire. The only thing you really miss out on is Crobat and a few select Flying types, but they are handled by Zapdos anyway.

On Zapdos, if you have trouble filling that last spot and don't like Roost nor Toxic, you can try Agility in that slot and change to a Modest Nature, but honestly I would stick to Roost so you can heal off Life Orb and any Stealth Rock damage you might accumulate.

Put taunt on Cobalion. You don't need secondary STAB with Iron Head because you already have the more powerful Close Combat, and fighting is far better than steel as an attacking type.

Thanks for the feedback !
i will use agility in Zapdos' fourth spot.
Stone Edge over Ice shard i like the most since Ice Shard does nothing with this ev spread.
Taunt seemed as the best option to me aswell :)
I like sleep talk milotic though Haze has helped me out multiple times though multiscale could be more usefull.
Psychic is a strong STAB move after a Nasty Plot though i will try Earth Power see how it goes.
Thanks again for the feedback!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)