1v1 at some forest! Leethoof vs rickheg!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Open challenge
1v1 Singles
1 Day DQ
Arena: Basic Forest, all wild pokemon too scared too attack

Only wimpy unevolved pokemon
I'll close my 1v1 challenge and take this one.

Syclar(*) Liberty (F)
Nature: Modest (Adds * to Special Attack; Subtracts * From Attack)

Type: Ice/Bug
Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing, no vision loss or damage in Hail, perfectly accurate and 30% protect breaking Blizzard in Hail, Hail heals burns on Ice-typed Pokemon. (Glalie/Froslass line, Regice, Baibanira line, and Furijio ONLY: immunity to Sheer Cold, removal of Boiling water's Burn effect, and 50% reduction in burn chance from Fire moves.)
Bug: Bug STAB; Anger Powder, Poison Powder, Sleep Powder, Solarbeam, Spore, Stun Spore, Roost have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Compoundeyes: (Innate) This Pokemon’s complex eyes give it a comprehensive view of the field, making its attack 30% (x1.3) more accurate.
Mountaineer: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to scaling and avoiding rocks. It can avoid damage from Stealth Rock when it switches in, and one Rock-type attack per round.
Technician (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is more skilled at performing weaker moves, causing any of their attacks that normally deal 6 or below base damage to have their base damage multiplied by 1.5. (e.g. Aerial Ace goes from 6 to 9, Mach Punch goes from 4 to 6, etc.) The Energy Cost for a one-hit or two-hit attack is increased by one (1). Each hit in a multi-hit move is boosted by one (1) damage, and the Energy Cost for mutli-hit attacks is increased by two (2).

Stats
HP: 90
Atk: **(-)
Def: **
SpA: ****(+)
SpD: **
Spe: 91

EC: 2/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Leer(*)
Leech Life(*)
Ice Shard(*)
Focus Energy(*)
Slash (*)
Icy Wind(*)
Scratch(*)
Slash (*)
Bug Bite(*)
Icicle Spear(*)
Bug Buzz

Earth Power(*)
Tail Glow(*)
Silver Wind (*)

Ice Beam (*)
Hidden Power Fire 6(*)
Protect (*)

Mienfoo(*) Swifty (M)
Nature: Jolly (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +11.25% increase in accuracy on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Special Attack)

Type: Fighting
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 75(65x1.15)

EC: 5/6
MC: 3
DC: 4/5

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Regenerator: (Innate) When this Pokemon is switched out during a switch battle, it reacts to the energy in the Pokeball and 10 HP is restored.
Reckless (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon has an innately aggressive nature that lets it use all-out attacks with recoil more effectively. Recoil attacks from this Pokemon do two (2) more damage, and recoil percentage is unaffected.

Attacks:
Pound(*)
Meditate(*)
Detect(*)
Fake Out(*)
Double Slap(*)
Swift(*)
Calm Mind(*)
Drain Punch

Low Kick(*)
Feint(*)
Knock Off(*)

U-Turn(*)
Rock Slide(*)
Brick Break(*)

Cottonee (Levi) (M)
Nature: Modest (Adds to Special Attack; Subtracts from Attack)

Type: Grass
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilties:
Prankster: (Innate) The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level.

Infiltrator: (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Chlorophyll: (Innate)(Dream World Locked) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.

Stats:
90 HP
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
Spe: 66

EC: 0/6
DC: 0/5

Absorb
Growth
Leech Seed
Stun Spore
Mega Drain
Cotton Spore
Razor Leaf
Poison Powder

Worry Seed
GrassWhistle
Encore

Protect
Substitute
Energy Ball

Seedot [Locust] (M)
Nature
: Jolly (-Special Attack, 1.15 Boost to speed)
Type:
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Abilities:
Clorophyll: During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Early Bird: This Pokemon is used to waking up at early hours or operating in low-light conditions and subsequently suffers from sleep status for only half as much time as other Pokemon.
Pickpocket(DW): This Pokemon's mischievous nature and greed make it very effective at pawning off an opponents item. If this Pokemon has no item and either it or the opposing Pokemon strikes with a contact attack, their item is stolen and becomes the held item of this Pokemon.

Stats:

Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
Spe: 35 (30x1.15=34.5 rounded up)

EC: 0/9
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Bide
Harden
Growth
Nature Power
Synthesis

Leech Seed
Bullet Seed
Defog

Explosion
Dig
Swords Dance

Also announcing ALL ABILITIES.

Mkay, rickheg chooses their mon and its actions then Leethoof posts actions!

Man, why'd it have to be grass-type? I swear, I'll never use Levi...let's go Liberty the Syclar!!!

Start off with Tail Glow, because, come on, if you can raise your attack by +3, who wouldn't?!? Then, becuase I'm a little suspicious of Bide, I want you to use Leer x2. We'll wait and see how this Seedot likes to fight before we'll strike.

I was kind of hoping you would pick somebody else....but oh well.

LETS WIN THIS ALREADY ONE-SIDED BATTLE, LOCUST. And to win, we will need to nom its face in. Use Bullet Seed to at least do some damage, and then Harden twice to counters those leers.

Bullet Seed->Harden->Harden

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Liberty (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Tail Glow - Leer x2

Locust (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Bullet Seed - HARDEN x2

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 1: FIGHT!

Who needs a story if it's a SLAUGHTER?

Liberty begins by creating a Tail Glow within its icicle tail, increasing her Special Attack by a good margin. Locust sees this as a free hit and fires a barrage of Bullet Seeds! Pow! Pow! Pow! Three hits but it wasn't really that effective! And then, Liberty Leers twice at Locust with many evil intentions while Locust repels the Leers by HARDENING!!

Oh god.

CALCS

Liberty

A1: Tail Glow > [8 Energy]
A2: Leer > [4 Energy]
A3: Leer > [8 Energy]
-1 SpA

Locust
A1: Bullet Seed > 3 (3) + 3 + (0) x .67 = [8 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Harden > [5 Energy]
A3: Harden > [9 Energy]

Liberty (F)
HP: 82
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 SpA
Others:

Locust (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Leethoof's actions!

Why am I red numbers? It makes me feel evil

which actually is all right.

Anyways, that wasn't too bad Locust! I need you to keep that up with a Bullet Seed->Swords Dance->Swords Dance. I gots us a secret plan!

Wow, already down to +1. I gotta time this stuff better if I'm gonna get me a Suicune! Liberty, time to blast this acorn hard! Let's see what a Bug Buzz will do, and follow it up with an Ice Beam, then use Icy Wind, try to freeze the feet as a priority to slow it down.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
they were just the colors i had from my last copy/pasta lol but i shall change!

and yeah, +2 boosts drop by 1 on the same round if used on action 1!

Liberty (F)
HP: 82
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: +1 SpA
Others:

Actions: Bug Buzz - Blizzard - Icy Wind

Locust (M)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Actions: Bullet Seed - Swords Dance x2

Round 2: FIGHT!

With half the boost from last round, Liberty gives Locust an irritating Bug Buzz! Locust struggles to overcome the noise, but at least he's still on his feet! This makes him confident enough to deliver some Bullet Seeds! Plop plop plop plop they came and ka-BONK on Liberty's face! Too bad it's not very effective...

Hmm, Locust seems to be up to something. He repeatedly uses Swords Dance to boost his spirits up! Just how strong does he think he is? Liberty isn't afraid of any seeds as he summons a Blizzard into the forest that smashes onto Locust! It was a sure hit due to Liberty's lovely Compoundeyes! After that, Liberty follows up by blowing a nice, small Icy Wind onto Locust that chills its insides to the bone. Ooo, scary.

CALCS

Liberty

A1: Bug Buzz > 9 + 3 + (3) + (1.5) x 1.5 = [25 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Blizzard > 12 + 3 + (3) + (1.5) x 1.5 = [29 Damage/7 Energy]
A3: Icy Wind > 6 + 3 + (3) + (1.5) x 1.5 = [20 Damage/4 Energy]
-1 SpA

Locust
A1: Bullet Seed > 3 (4) + 3 + (0) x .67 = [10 Damage/5 Energy]
A2: Swords Dance > [7 Energy]
A3: Swords Dance > [11 Energy]
-1 Spe, +4 Atk

Liberty (F)
HP: 72
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Locust (M)
HP: 16
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 Spe, +4 Atk
Others:

lol gg

rickheg's actions!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Liberty (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Locust (M)
HP: 16
Energy:
Boosts/Drops: -1 Spe, +4 Atk
Others:

Round 3: FIGHT?

I don't think Locust can fight anymore...

As Locust attempts to squeeze the dynamite within himself, Liberty lets loose a brilliant Icy Wind that crosses the forest and chills Locust's insides. Then suddenly, he... froze over! Wait a minute, I thought Icy Wind can't freeze? This must mean Locust has... *dun dun dun* FAINTED!

CALCS

Liberty

A1: Icy Wind > 6 + 3 + (3) x 1.5 = [18 Damage/4 Energy]

Locust
=(

Liberty (F)
Energy:
Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Locust (M)
HP: brrr
Energy:

Boosts/Drops:
Others:

Rewards!
KO Counter: Liberty (1)
1 EC and DC: Liberty | Locust
2 MCs: Liberty | Locust
2 Trainer Counters: rickheg and Leethoof
2 Ref Tokens: Flora
Winner: rickheg

=(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)