1v1 Carnage! Kaxtar vs. Nightrise!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gooooooooood afternoon, ASB fans! It's me, Caliber, your favorite 1v1 ref, here with you all today with another NFE 1v1 battle! Streaming live from the ASB Tournament Arena, we're definitely going to see some action today! Here's the conditions:

1v1 NFE Singles
DQ: 2 days
Recover: 2
Chill: 5
Arena: ASB Tournament Arena

Items=On
Switch=Bonk
Abilities=All

And our combatants!

In the red corner, on the side of Kaxtar...

Gligar (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Att, -SpAtt)
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks outside extremely odd circumstances even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Hyper Cutter: (Innate) This Pokemon always keeps its claws/teeth/pincers extremely sharp, and thus cannot have its attack reduced.
Sand Veil: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Immunity (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s body has an immensely strong immune response to venom and does not take poison damage when Poisoned. Toxic Poisoning will not do damage, however it will continue getting more severe.

HP: 100
Atk+: Rank 4
Def: Rank 4
SpA-: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 85
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Poison Sting
Sand Attack
Harden
Knock Off
Quick Attack
Fury Cutter
Faint Attack

Counter
Night Slash
Agility

Taunt
Torment
Dig

And in the blue corner, on the side of Nightrise...

Mudkip(Sesi)(Female)*
Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Nature: Quiet(+SpA, -Speed)

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 3(+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 35(-)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 13

EC:
0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Level up Moves

Tackle*
Growl*
Mud-Slap*
Water Gun*
Bide*
Foresight*
Mud Sport*

Egg Moves
Counter*
Mirror Coat*
Wide Guard*

TM/HM Moves
Toxic*
Ice Beam*
Dig*

Abilities
Torrent:
Type: Innate
When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the Base Attack Power of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Damp:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon releases a damp mist upon entry into battle that short circuits the opponent’s ability to use Selfdestruct or Explosion.

-Kaxtar selects Item, issues actions
-Nightrise issues actions
-Reffing
-Bam
-Pow
-Kablooey
-People get counters

Ready, set, fight!

No item obviously,

Sesi, this is our first battle, and Kaxtar seems to be a pretty powerful trainer, best not to underestimate him. Let's start off with a simple Water Gun attack, it isn't Ice beam, but it'll do. Next use Counter and end with Water Gun.

Gligar
Type: Ground/Flying
HP: 100
Energy: 100
Boosts/Drops: N/A

vs.

Sesi
HP: 90
Energy: 100

-Round 1 begin-

Here we are, with Gligar and Mudkip facing off. Mudkip has the type advantage, but Gligar has more HP and better stats. We'll see where this goes, but as far as I'm concerned, it's hard to predict the flow of the battle as of yet.

Right out of the gate, Gligar knows what his weaknesses are, and uses Taunt to prevent Sesi from using non-damaging moves. She falls for the Taunt, but doesn't seem to mind, as Taunt doesn't stop her usage of Water Gun. The tiny Water-type attack does decent damage, thanks to Gligar's typing, but in no way is it going to be substantial enough to win the fight.

The midway point of the round comes 'round, and Gligar uses Dig to confuse Sesi's attack patterns, bursting up out of the ground moments later and dealing solid damage to the mud fish. However, Sesi had an ace up her sleeve: Counter, which isn't affected by Taunt! The Counter reflects all of the damage back, and then some! Good thinking on Nightrise's part there.

Kaxtar knows where his position in the fight is, and he knows he can keep a much more stable damage output than Nightrise's Pokemon, so he orders Gligar to execute a quick, neutral-damage Night Slash to even the playing field. While Mudkip blasts Gligar with another super-effective Water Gun, the fight is far from over.

-Round 1 end-

Gligar
HP: 57
Energy: 76

vs.

Sesi
HP: 66
Energy: 85

Gligar Taunt - Dig - Night Slash
Sesi Water Gun - Counter - Water Gun

Action 1
Gligar used Taunt, Sesi was Taunted, -10 energy
Sesi used Water Gun, hit confirms, crit fails, does 4 (BP) + 3 (STAB) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 11 damage to Gligar, Gligar was drenched, -2 energy

Action 2
Gligar used Dig, hit confirms, crit fails, does 8 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Ranks) = 14 damage to Sesi, -9 energy
Sesi used Counter, hit confirms, reflects 21 damage, -11 energy

Action 3
Gligar used Night Slash, hit confirms, crit fails, does 7 (BP) + 3 (Ranks) = 10 damage to Sesi, -5 energy
Sesi used Water Gun, hit confirms, crit fails, does 4 (BP) + 3 (STAB) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 11 damage to Gligar, Gligar was drenched, -2 energy

Nightrise's turn.

Ok, Good first round Mudkip, now, that Torment scares me, but we're going to have to see what happens

Ice Beam- Water gun- Ice Beam

if he uses Dig, use Dig because you're slower and that should cause him to miss his dig.

Gligar
HP: 57
Energy: 76

vs.

Sesi
HP: 66
Energy: 85

-Round 2 begin-
Gligar Dig + Dig combo - Cooldown - Agilidodge
Sesi Ice Beam - Water Gun - Ice Beam (If Dig, use Dig)

Action 1
Sesi used Dig, Gligar is unaffected, -10 energy
Gligar used Mega Dig, hit confirms, crit fails, does 18 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 3 (Ranks) = 24 damage to Sesi, -48 energy

Action 2
Gligar combo cooldown

Action 3
Gligar used Agilidodge, -7 energy
Sesi used Ice Beam, the attack missed, -7 energy

-Round 2 end-

Gligar
HP: 46
Energy: 21

vs.

Sesi
HP: 42
Energy: 66

Kaxtar's turn.

Round 3 (I think)

Pre-Round
Kaxtar

Gilgar (M)
HP: 46
Energy: 21
Stats:
Other:
VS
Nightrise

Mudkip – Sesi (F)
HP: 42
Energy: 66
Stats:
Other:

Both of the trainers are focused on the fight on fight, and when they turn to the ref Kaxtar says “You’re not XVIcaliber.”
“Uhhh, yes I am.”
“No, your blonde, XVI has dark hair.” Nightrise says.
“Are you guys being hairiest?”
“No.” They reply in unison.
“Well then just keep battling and because I AM XVIcaliber, I’ll ref it.”
Well, our pokemon will still get counters.” Kaxtar reasons.
“Yeah, let’s battle. Sesi, rip that Gilgars heart out!” Nightrise screams. And now we are back underway.

Kaxtar’s Gilgar torments Sesi about her past. It was an unorthodox, but effective, method of limiting the move use of some of Sesi’s moves! Sesi tackles gilgar in response, but everyone knows tackle sucks, so it does pitful damage.

The two trainers give me the hardest action I’ve ever had to ref, as both pokemon go to the ASB arena fridge and get some chilled juice!

After they down their juice Gilgar is first to react and uses Night Slash on Sesi. Sesi though is emitting brownish-red energy and now she releases it to counteract the damage that gilgar gave her!

“Now isn’t that batter reffing then XVIcaliber?” I ask.
“I thought you were XVIcaliber.” Nightrise says with a smirk.
“Dammit! My cover is blown! Just issue you actions,” I say, trailing off near the end of the sentence.

Post-Round
Kaxtar

Gilgar (M)
HP: 28
Energy: 18
Stats:
Other:
VS
Nightrise

Mudkip – Sesi (F)
HP: 32
Energy: 65
Stats:
Other: Tormented for three (3) more actions

Gilgar
Torment 10 energy Mudkip is tormented for 6 actions
Chill +12 energy
Night Slash 5 energy 10 damage
Mudkip
Tackle 2 energy 3 damage
Chill +12 energy
Counter 11 energy 15 damage

Nightrise is first.

EDIT: Are you american, because if so, I see how you think I spelt some stuff wrong.

Better* Just so you know you failed spelling lol anyways, lets finish this battle up.

Ice Beam- Water Gun- Ice beam

If he uses Dig on action 1 or 2, replace your action with Ice beam+ Ice beam combo

Round 4

Pre-Round
Kaxtar

Gilgar (M)
HP: 28
Energy: 18
Stats:
Other:

VS

Nightrise

Mudkip – Sesi (F)
HP: 32
Energy: 65
Stats:
Other: Tormented for three (3) more actions

Who will win, will it be Kaxtar, or Nightrise? All I know is that this round will decide it and it will be close!

The round kicks off with Kaxtar’s Gilgar making the ground shake with an earthquake! That was epic! A beam of Ice comes out of Sesi’s mouth to hit Gilgar! Sesi the Mudkip has the advantage again with Gilgar only at 5 HP!

It will end right here as Gilgar earthquakes Sesi into oblivion! Gilgar does a figure-8 in the air as a victory and then flies over to hug Kaxtar, his trainer. Good game to everyone and hopefully we can see you back in the ASB arena soon!

Post-Round
Kaxtar

Gilgar (M)
HP: 5
Energy: 2
Stats:
Other:
VS
Nightrise

Mudkip – Sesi (F)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stats:
Other:

Gilgar
Earthquake 6 energy 16 damage
Earthquake 10 energy 16 damage
Mudkip
Ice Beam 7 energy 23 damage
KO’d

Rewards
Kaxtar and Nightrise both get 2 TC
Mudkip and Gilgar both get 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC.
Gilgar also gets a KOC.
XVIcaliber sadly egts nothing even though he reffec half of the match.
But most importantly I get 2 RC. Yay!

PS: Kaxtar, could you please change the tag to completed?

Flora: I did it. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)