1v1 - The Old Repository

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Wobbuffet: Unranked -> D

Once upon a time, Wobbuffet was considered nothing more than a low ladder meme Pokemon, being outclassed by Deoxys-Defense while having no discernible niches over it, aside from slightly stronger CounterCoats, and that wasn't worth sacrificing reliable recovery and Cosmic Power + Pressure PP Stall.

And y'know what? It still kinda is. It has no recovery, awful defenses to override it's massive HP, extremely slow, and has a miniscule movepool. But the latest two bans have been a blessing for the punching bag Pokemon. Not only has its biggest, most fierce competitor been completely eliminated, but Marshadow, it's biggest counter, is also gone. Wobbuffet is now left as one of the few remaining users of CounterCoat that can use it to good effect. It also has Charm to cripple physical attackers lacking Swords Dance, as well as Encore for additional support. However, as stated earlier, it has some very bad flaws that prevent it from beating certain things. Attackers with set-up can easily play around it, while Wobbuffet can't even Toxic them back. Despite this, I do not think that it's a total lost cause, and might have a niche on some very specific team builds. D tier seems like a good place to start: It's not very good, but has one small niche certain teams could make use of.

Mimikyu: A- to A

This thing, as of today's meta, far outclasses its brethren in A-. The Z-Move sets it possesses would alone put it at its current ranking of A-, however the Curse set it possesses makes it drastically better for numerous reasons. Not only does Curse Mimikyu have a mostly distinct set of counters from Z-Move based sets, but the nature of the 96 base speed limit of Curse sets are insanely meta-defining on their own as well, as mid-ladder defensively oriented teams that don't take this beast into play are often 3-0'd by it. Not only does Mimikyu have a very direct effect in teambuilding, but also on the battlefield. When laddering, a Mimikyu on the opposing side of the field almost always checks more than 1 of your mons when taking all of its sets into account, both having its own artificial wincon and being a Sturdy user. Thus, it's a lot harder to play around then its less versilite friends in A-, like fellow (Semi)Sturdies like Donphan and Magnezone, or stall mons like Venu and Slowbro. Therefore, I feel a move on up for Mimikyu is severely overdue.

To respond to some other recent noms:

Porygon-Z: A+ ---> A
Yeah yeah, I get it, Adaptability Hyper Beam, blah, blah, blah. But try to answer this: What does Porygon-Z have going for it besides one extremely powerful nuke attack? It has average/mediocre stats aside from Special Attack, a bland typing, and while it's movepool is nice, there are a lot of things that slip by it, due to those coverage options falling short of KOes. Hyper Beam is still awesome, and it can be deadly with a Choice Scarf, but I don't think it's on the same level as Tapu Koko and Lele. While those Pokemon have tons of sets that can perform many functions, Porygon is kind of a one-trick pony. Again, not bad at all, but extremely predictable; too predictable to be ranked just shy of giants like Kyurem-Black.
Firstly, Koko is not more versatile than PZ. That's just a flat out incorrect statement. Secondly, what do you seem to think Tapu Koko has that isn't one extremely powerful nuke attack? Sure, it gets Taunt, but PZ gets Trick and can actually run moves that aren't its STAB. I'm not saying Koko is bad, it's most definitely A+ as well. What I'm saying is that this is 1v1, nuke something and you win. The whole reason these sets on these mons are so different in here than standard is because all you really need to do to win IS nuke shit. But no, PZ is fine where it is, even if is a little underused.

Wobbuffet: Unranked -> D

Once upon a time, Wobbuffet was considered nothing more than a low ladder meme Pokemon, being outclassed by Deoxys-Defense while having no discernible niches over it, aside from slightly stronger CounterCoats, and that wasn't worth sacrificing reliable recovery and Cosmic Power + Pressure PP Stall.

And y'know what? It still kinda is. It has no recovery, awful defenses to override it's massive HP, extremely slow, and has a miniscule movepool. But the latest two bans have been a blessing for the punching bag Pokemon. Not only has its biggest, most fierce competitor been completely eliminated, but Marshadow, it's biggest counter, is also gone. Wobbuffet is now left as one of the few remaining users of CounterCoat that can use it to good effect. It also has Charm to cripple physical attackers lacking Swords Dance, as well as Encore for additional support. However, as stated earlier, it has some very bad flaws that prevent it from beating certain things. Attackers with set-up can easily play around it, while Wobbuffet can't even Toxic them back. Despite this, I do not think that it's a total lost cause, and might have a niche on some very specific team builds. D tier seems like a good place to start: It's not very good, but has one small niche certain teams could make use of.
I'll agree with this. With Deo-D leaving, the gimmick of Wobbuffet is slightly worth D, but only because Aron and Alakazam-M are the benchmarks here. It's nothing more than a gimmick to sometimes beat a subdivision of the meta, as is MAlaka with choice users. Not much to say, but say, seconding this nomination.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Porygon2 and Mega Scizor: D > C- or C
These Pokemon are not on the same level as D tier bullshit like SubDisable Alakazam and Aron. I have used Mega Scizor quite often, and it does pretty well, actually, and not just against Kyurem-Black, but a variety of huge threats such as Mimikyu, Mega Lopunny, Tapu Lele (Depending on the set), Mega Venusaur, Mega Gyarados and Porygon-Z. And while more rare, I have seen some players like MaceMaster and AntonBRUH use Porygon2 to decent success. The former came up with a cool surprise specs set, while the latter demonstrated the prowess of Foul Play stall. Everything else in D I have either never seen at all, or only seen used by low ladder scrubs.

Ambipom: D > Unranked or Do Not Use
It is outclassed by Mega Lopunny in every aspect. That's all there is to say.

Last edited:
Unranked -> D

Lol no.

That pokemon is worse than Pineco, Skarmory, Tornadus, Braviary, Breloom, Rotom-Mow, Alolan-Muk, Tangrowth, Salazzle, Deoxys-Speed, Sharpedo-Mega, Gigalith, Emboar, the list goes on. I personally would use Mega-Audino over Wobbuffet.
It's so awful. It's not going to get ranked.

Tol

Retirement house
Sincerely hoping this post catches no hate,
Rank The Ogre Darner (like wtf GameFreak, at least come up with a decent name for the best Bug since Scizor)

Step aside, Gengar, there's a better Dream Eater in town. And Blaziken, watch your position as the top Speed Booster.
Yanmega is, in my opinion, worthy of ranking because Jirachi is. As in, with some luck and predictions, it can beat everything it outspeeds at +1. And as if that wasn't enough, it has a Speed Boost set that can beat a lot of the Hypnosis set's counters.

So, to the important part. How does this insignificant insect beat everything it outspeeds at +1?! The answer: HYPNOTIZE-ATION. And, of course, Salac Berry for the +1. Now, you say, what about dark types? And the type resists like Steel? These answers lie in the Ogre Darner's natural talents. Dark types are decimated by its Bug STAB, and the fact that nothing quadruple resists both its STAB means that Tinted Lens can shore up that front. The speed boost set is fairly widely known, so I'll share my Sleeper.

Mr. Tambourine Man (Yanmega) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Tinted Lens
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Endure
- Dream Eater
- Bug Buzz
- Hypnosis

Yep, stupid name nonwithstanding, it's a decent enough set. REPLACE DREAM EATER WITH AIR SLASH IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING BESIDES GET STYLE POINTS WHEN YOU BEAT DEG (link in signature).

Here's some replays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-618560347 Faces down Whammerist's entire AG 1v1 team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618548299 FU KyuB (the speed ties are real and what kept me from winning this- I beat his KyuB on other occasions)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618557056 Get your stall out of here
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618720140 An example of my typical luck
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618722114 Yay I win
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618723129 And I beat DEG
RANK IT C, AT THE VERY LEAST

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Rank The Ogre Darner (like wtf GameFreak, at least come up with a decent name for the best Bug since Scizor)

Step aside, Gengar, there's a better Dream Eater in town. And Blaziken, watch your position as the top Speed Booster.
Yanmega is, in my opinion, worthy of ranking because Jirachi is. As in, with some luck and predictions, it can beat everything it outspeeds at +1. And as if that wasn't enough, it has a Speed Boost set that can beat a lot of the Hypnosis set's counters.

So, to the important part. How does this insignificant insect beat everything it outspeeds at +1?! The answer: HYPNOTIZE-ATION. And, of course, Salac Berry for the +1. Now, you say, what about dark types? And the type resists like Steel? These answers lie in the Ogre Darner's natural talents. Dark types are decimated by its Bug STAB, and the fact that nothing quadruple resists both its STAB means that Tinted Lens can shore up that front. The speed boost set is fairly widely known, so I'll share my Sleeper.

Timid Nature
- Endure
- Dream Eater
- Bug Buzz
- Hypnosis

Yep, stupid name nonwithstanding, it's a decent enough set. REPLACE DREAM EATER WITH AIR SLASH IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING BESIDES GET STYLE POINTS WHEN YOU BEAT DEG (link in signature).

Here's some replays.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7anythinggoes-618560347 Faces down Whammerist's entire AG 1v1 team
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618548299 FU KyuB (the speed ties are real and what kept me from winning this- I beat his KyuB on other occasions)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen71v1-618720140 An example of my typical luck
1: Half of your battles weren't wins. Probably not too viable if you showed replays like that
2: It only wins 60% of the time
3: What advantage does it have on Mega Gengar? (No, speed ties against Kyub don't count :<)

The highest it should be ranked is D.

Timid Nature
- Endure
- Dream Eater
- Bug Buzz
- Hypnosis

Here's some replays.
Lol no.

This pokemon is worse than Pineco, Skarmory, Tornadus, Braviary, Breloom, Rotom-Mow, Alolan-Muk, Tangrowth, Salazzle, Deoxys-Speed, Sharpedo-Mega, Gigalith, Emboar, the list goes on. I personally would use Mega-Audino over Wobbuffet Yanmega.
It's so awful. It's not going to get ranked.

Heyo, duckle here with my first post. (Apologies if I did everything wrong as its currently 4 am as I am writing this post) This post is going to be about making Necrozma from D - C+. While this may seem to be a big shift for a mon that seems to be outclassed by lele in almost every sense of the word, I believe necrozma has the ability to be a threat in this metagame while still breaking away from lele's imposing shadow. But first, lets get into the mon itself. I believe Necrozma has 3 viable sets. Lets start off with the first one.

upload_2017-8-25_3-8-43.png

Necrozma @ Choice Specs
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
SPECS NECROZMA
24 speed allows you to outspeed max speed adamant donphan and live the incoming ice shard while 2hkoing with dark pulse. The main strategy is to live attacks and revenge with prismatic. Dark pulse is for sturdy's so you don't get ko'd while recharging. It's also ran to hit slowbro and deo speed. Since necrozma has a shallow move pool, Hyper beam is there for the occasional gren (this can easily be replaced for what your team needs.) Finally, hp fire is for steel types such as mega aggron. This set is great if you need a fairly bulky nuke.

AV NECROZMA
Necrozma @ Assault Vest
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Prismatic Laser
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This set i'd thought i'd throw in to show necrozma's capability as being a defensive tank. This set can be used to better deal with mons such as char y, tapu koko, porygon z, and mew. This set is pretty basic and there isn't much to discuss. Lets move on to the most interesting necrozma set.

WEAKNESS POLICY AUTOTOMIZE NECROZMA
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Hyper Beam
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
While this set may seem to heat to work, it does actually have potential. This set has the ability to break most dark, bug, and ghost types (aside from mimikyu and aegislash.) 48 defense allows you live to a crunch from adamant mega gyara and ko with +2 hyper beam. Stored power with the 3 +2 boosts make a prismatic laser w/o a recharge turn. While this set may be the least viable of the 3, it can certainly catch people of guard.

WHY NOT LELE?

The Primary difference between lele and necrozma is the difference in bulk. Due to its ability and stats in general, necrozma can tank hits far better than lele can. Necrozma also has a stronger psychic move (assuming specs is being ran) which is what these two primarily spam. While lele does have fairy stab, aside from m gyara, that doesn't do much other than give lele a harder matchup versus steel types.

CONCLUSION
Necrozma is far from a top tier 1v1 threat. With a shallow movepool, it lacks the coverage that would make it an A tier mon. Despite this, necrozma can be a huge threat demolishing common top 1v1 threats. Its stab prismatic laser and great bulk give it a niece warranting a ranking of C+.

This has been my 1v1 necrozma post, feedback is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Calcs and matchup stuff will be done tmrw.

Attachments

Cool sets, but guys...

WTF is Snorlax doing in B rank?

With 10+ possible sets each capable of beating 60-70% of the meta, from Normalium Z, to Curse, to Stockpile, to Counter, and beyond, its ready for nearly every mon and anyone who doesn't prepare for multiple Snorlax sets in the current meta is waiting for a loss. Just saying.

No, I'm not going to waste time on another repetitive post about Snorlax's versatility.

Yes, it has a huge influence on the meta nowadays.

Last edited:

Elo Bandit

youtube.com/ EloBandit
is a Community Contributor
Cool sets, but guys...

WTF is Snorlax doing in B rank?

With 10+ possible sets each capable of beating 60-70% of the meta, from Normalium Z, to Curse, to Stockpile, to Counter, and beyond, its ready for nearly every mon and anyone who doesn't prepare for multiple Snorlax sets in the current meta is waiting for a loss. Just saying.

No, I'm not going to waste time on another repetitive post about Snorlax's versatility.

Yes, it has a huge influence on the meta nowadays.
Post some sets with explanations so people can see what it beats and better understand why it might be suitable for a rank boost.

Here's my favorite set (and it's not Normalium or Curselax)

LOL NICE (Snorlax) @ Wiki Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 100 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Yawn
- Seismic Toss
- Recycle / Protect
- Counter

Wiki Berry + Gluttony means you regain 50% HP when you drop below half. You can use Immunity if you're worried about getting Toxic'd.
252 HP and 148 defense lets you tank hits from Gyarados, Charizard X, and any Kyurem Black that isn't Adamant Icium Z. You can switch to Protect if you want to beat that. Counter deals with most of these physical mons, and you can force people out of Substitute with Seismic Toss.
With 100SpD and a Calm nature, Snorlax's EVs are optimized. Buffing Snorlax's highest base stat allows you to tank hits from every special attacker bar fighting types. You even tank hits from Zard Y, and if you want to go even further you can run Amnesia to beat Focus Blast mons.
Yawn in combination with Protect or simply Snorlax's significant bulk plus his berry lets you tank hits while putting your opponent to sleep. Once the threat is neutralized, Snorlax can Recycle to get his berry back and start throwing out STosses.

Super fun to run with Flying or Psychic mons that melt Fighting types. Mimikyu, Greninja, and Charizard Y are also great teammates. Beats most S-A ranks by itself and is also generally very strong vs random non-meta mons.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Gonna post one of my favorite Snorlax sets as well. Ever since Snorlax rose to popularity, it's always been difficult to define its sets except for the Normalium set. One set that I'd always felt was particularly ambiguous was its Curse set. Here's my current favorite Snorlax set:

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Amnesia

The gist of the set is that you get both reliable recovery, and 50% burst recovery with Recyle+Figy Berry+Gluttony. With that, you use your extraordinary bulk and boosting moves to just win. It counters nearly all Kyurem-B, beats Gyarados (except for some Taunt variants, which it frequently comes out on top of), both Charizards, Scarf Porygon-Z, non-Taunt Lele, Dragonite, Magearna, Metagross, Donphan, Magenzone, etc. It also 50/50s Tapu Koko. I'd put it at B+, maybe even A-.

I'd also like to advocate for Magearna to A+. It nearly hard counters Kyurem which I think is one of the most valuable traits a pokemon can have. Its EVs can be customized to beats a wide array of pokemon, and it can also run a niche AB lure set. It's honestly simply better than Mawile.

Why is Mega Lopunny not on the VR yet??? I'd give it A, maybe A+ rank.

Mega Camerupt for C- Honestly, I've never used it, but its certainly better than the entirity of the D rank.

Mega Diancie for C+ It counters the Charizards and has some cool lure options like Magnet Rise and Rock Tomb for ground types and Gyarados respectively.

Mega Altaria for A-, maybe B+ Unique defensive typing, Pixilate boosted Giga Impacts/Hyper Beams, great boosting moves, reliable sustain, versatile stats. Really struggles with steel types, though.

Also, Aggron is on the VR twice instead of 0 times (or once in D).

EDIT: Just noticed Hoopa-U isn't on the VR... WTF? C+ or B-

Last edited:
Heyo, duckle here with my first post. (Apologies if I did everything wrong as its currently 4 am as I am writing this post) This post is going to be about making Necrozma from D - C+. While this may seem to be a big shift for a mon that seems to be outclassed by lele in almost every sense of the word, I believe necrozma has the ability to be a threat in this metagame while still breaking away from lele's imposing shadow. But first, lets get into the mon itself. I believe Necrozma has 3 viable sets. Lets start off with the first one.

View attachment 87196

Necrozma @ Choice Specs
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Prismatic Laser
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]
SPECS NECROZMA
24 speed allows you to outspeed max speed adamant donphan and live the incoming ice shard while 2hkoing with dark pulse. The main strategy is to live attacks and revenge with prismatic. Dark pulse is for sturdy's so you don't get ko'd while recharging. It's also ran to hit slowbro and deo speed. Since necrozma has a shallow move pool, Hyper beam is there for the occasional gren (this can easily be replaced for what your team needs.) Finally, hp fire is for steel types such as mega aggron. This set is great if you need a fairly bulky nuke.

AV NECROZMA
Necrozma @ Assault Vest
EVs: 228 HP / 24 Def / 228 SpA / 4 SpD / 24 Spe
Modest Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Prismatic Laser
- Power Gem
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This set i'd thought i'd throw in to show necrozma's capability as being a defensive tank. This set can be used to better deal with mons such as char y, tapu koko, porygon z, and mew. This set is pretty basic and there isn't much to discuss. Lets move on to the most interesting necrozma set.

WEAKNESS POLICY AUTOTOMIZE NECROZMA
Necrozma @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 4 HP / 48 Def / 252 SpA / 204 Spe
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Hyper Beam
- Stored Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]

While this set may seem to heat to work, it does actually have potential. This set has the ability to break most dark, bug, and ghost types (aside from mimikyu and aegislash.) 48 defense allows you live to a crunch from adamant mega gyara and ko with +2 hyper beam. Stored power with the 3 +2 boosts make a prismatic laser w/o a recharge turn. While this set may be the least viable of the 3, it can certainly catch people of guard.

WHY NOT LELE?

The Primary difference between lele and necrozma is the difference in bulk. Due to its ability and stats in general, necrozma can tank hits far better than lele can. Necrozma also has a stronger psychic move (assuming specs is being ran) which is what these two primarily spam. While lele does have fairy stab, aside from m gyara, that doesn't do much other than give lele a harder matchup versus steel types.

CONCLUSION
Necrozma is far from a top tier 1v1 threat. With a shallow movepool, it lacks the coverage that would make it an A tier mon. Despite this, necrozma can be a huge threat demolishing common top 1v1 threats. Its stab prismatic laser and great bulk give it a niece warranting a ranking of C+.

This has been my 1v1 necrozma post, feedback is greatly appreciated!

EDIT: Calcs and matchup stuff will be done tmrw.
Necrozma

I think it belongs where it is. I'm not sure you've convinced me that those sets beat pokemon that Lele wouldn't. C+ has really good pokemon in it like Keldeo and Mega-Sableye. I don't think Necrozma fits there.

Gonna post one of my favorite Snorlax sets as well. Ever since Snorlax rose to popularity, it's always been difficult to define its sets except for the Normalium set. One set that I'd always felt was particularly ambiguous was its Curse set. Here's my current favorite Snorlax set:

Snorlax @ Figy Berry
EVs: 104 HP / 32 Atk / 252 Def / 120 SpD
Impish Nature
- Curse
- Recycle
- Return
- Amnesia

The gist of the set is that you get both reliable recovery, and 50% burst recovery with Recyle+Figy Berry+Gluttony. With that, you use your extraordinary bulk and boosting moves to just win. It counters nearly all Kyurem-B, beats Gyarados (except for some Taunt variants, which it frequently comes out on top of), both Charizards, Scarf Porygon-Z, non-Taunt Lele, Dragonite, Magearna, Metagross, Donphan, Magenzone, etc. It also 50/50s Tapu Koko. I'd put it at B+, maybe even A-.

I'd also like to advocate for Magearna to A+. It nearly hard counters Kyurem which I think is one of the most valuable traits a pokemon can have. Its EVs can be customized to beats a wide array of pokemon, and it can also run a niche AB lure set. It's honestly simply better than Mawile.

Why is Mega Lopunny not on the VR yet??? I'd give it A, maybe A+ rank.

Mega Camerupt for C- Honestly, I've never used it, but its certainly better than the entirity of the D rank.

Mega Diancie for C+ It counters the Charizards and has some cool lure options like Magnet Rise and Rock Tomb for ground types and Gyarados respectively.

Mega Altaria for A-, maybe B+ Unique defensive typing, Pixilate boosted Giga Impacts/Hyper Beams, great boosting moves, reliable sustain, versatile stats. Really struggles with steel types, though.

Also, Aggron is on the VR twice instead of 0 times (or once in D).

EDIT: Just noticed Hoopa-U isn't on the VR... WTF? C+ or B-
What I think About Macemaster's Post

Snorlax
- It wasn't even ranked at the start of the gen. It's been rising, and should rise higher. Yawn's easy to beat, but it doesn't have to run Yawn. The Normalium-Z set just beats everything if it gets 3 sleep turns. I'll take that any day. B+ or - A-.

Magearna
- I've always thought, and still think that it is equally good as Mawile. The Ground move lure set should run Shuca Berry in my opinion. Air Balloon loses too hard by Rock Tomb, which is why people stopped using it in the first place. A

Mega-Lopunny - A - A-.
It's so fast. It's not ranked because DEG isn't that interested in the Viability Rankings and has better things to do.

Mega- Camerupt
- Same.

Mega-Diancie
- This pokemon was B- last gen and could only run 3 moves. I don't see how it's less than that. It's so easy to abuse the base form's extra defense now that you get the mega's speed boost instantly. It's probably B. You can run any two coverage moves you want. It's quite excellent.

Mega-Altaria
- Its typing is incredible. And it can go Physical, Special, or Stall. B+.

Aggron - D or Unranked.

Hoopa-U
- lol woops. Crustle's not ranked either. Probably C+. It has 3 bad stats in HP, Def, and Speed and they all hold it back. You can run a lot of sets, but ultimately any one set doesn't beat enough pokemon at once. Not that it's not quite usable though.

My Own Thoughts

Crustle
- Is this mon honestly better than Carracosta? I'm really not sure it is. C or C+.

Porygon-Z
- Not that great. Specs is outclassed and dies to opposing z-move users almost on accident. Scarf is really easy to prepare for. No one uses P-Z or thinks of P-Z as an A+ mon. A- or lower.

Pidgeot-Mega
- Ought to drop to C. It was never that great. Fertile Crescent just makes it look good.

Avalugg, Marowak-A, Tapu Bulu
- All of these mons have been seeing better results than they did at the beginning of the gen. They were probably always C+.

Ambipom
- Unranked. Mega-Lopunny is released.

Salazzle - D or unranked.
To be honest, I just ranked it C- because I liked it. It's not that great.

Mega-Latias and Mega-Latios
- I'm not sure where they belong. They weren't ranked last gen. Mega-Latios seems like the bad version of Latios, while the opposite happens for Latias. Latias also learns Reflect Type, which is a super good move. Perhaps C+ for Mega-Latias, Uranked for Mega-Latios.

Ampharos-Mega
- Rather unsure. The nerf to Thunder Wave in gen 7 probably hurt it, as well as Z-moves. Probably C or C-.

Steelix-Mega
- Just overlooked. It's definitely better than all the D ranked pokemon. It's similar to Mega-Camerupt in that way I suppose. Lancer MK and Wrath of Alakazam both used it to marked success. C-

Aggron-Mega and
Mimikyu
- I'd be down to switch these two. Aggron-Mega doesn't have a ton of options and can't beat Kyurem-Black hardly at all. Thunder Wave is a horrifying addition to the Curse set. The Curse set just puts so much pressure on your team, and it beats noobs so easily that Mimikyu just might be A. I'm less sure about Mimikyu moving up than I am about Aggron moving down.

Kartana
- It's so hard to use. It's probably more on the level of a Hoopa-U, Pheromosa, or Lando-I. Choice Band doesn't kill enough, and it's just a little bit too frail to sub and set-up. Its typing is kind of bad too. C+.

Pheromosa
- Pheromosa isn't good. If it doesn't OHKO something, it loses. It has a terrible movepool and terrible defenses. The most success I've had is memeing Magnezones with Choice Banded Double Kick. It's C+ at best.

DEG, you should just let Macemaster and I do the Viability Rankings. You wouldn't have to do anything and he and I like doing it.

Have you thought of making your own viability rankings thread? :p
Who do you think made the last one?

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Necrozma

I think it belongs where it is. I'm not sure you've convinced me that those sets beat pokemon that Lele wouldn't. C+ has really good pokemon in it like Keldeo and Mega-Sableye. I don't think Necrozma fits there.

Snorlax - It wasn't even ranked at the start of the gen. It's been rising, and should rise higher. Yawn's easy to beat, but it doesn't have to run Yawn. The Normalium-Z set just beats everything if it gets 3 sleep turns. I'll take that any day. B+ or - A-.

Magearna - I've always thought, and still think that it is equally good as Mawile. The Ground move lure set should run Shuca Berry in my opinion. Air Balloon loses too hard by Rock Tomb, which is why people stopped using it in the first place. A

Mega-Lopunny - A - A-. It's so fast. It's not ranked because DEG isn't that interested in the Viability Rankings and has better things to do.

Mega- Camerupt - Same.

Mega-Diancie - This pokemon was B- last gen and could only run 3 moves. I don't see how it's less than that. It's so easy to abuse the base form's extra defense now that you get the mega's speed boost instantly. It's probably B. You can run any two coverage moves you want. It's quite excellent.

Mega-Altaria - Its typing is incredible. And it can go Physical, Special, or Stall. B+.

Aggron - D or Unranked.

Hoopa-U
- lol woops. Crustle's not ranked either. Probably C+. It has 3 bad stats in HP, Def, and Speed and they all hold it back. You can run a lot of sets, but ultimately any one set doesn't beat enough pokemon at once. Not that it's not quite usable though.

My Own Thoughts

Crustle - Is this mon honestly better than Carracosta? I'm really not sure it is. C or C+.

Porygon-Z - Not that great. Specs is outclassed and dies to opposing z-move users almost on accident. Scarf is really easy to prepare for. No one uses P-Z or thinks of P-Z as an A+ mon. A- or lower.

Pidgeot-Mega
- Ought to drop to C. It was never that great. Fertile Crescent just makes it look good.

Avalugg, Marowak-A, Tapu Bulu - All of these mons have been seeing better results than they did at the beginning of the gen. They were probably always C+.

Ambipom - Unranked. Mega-Lopunny is released.

Salazzle - D or unranked. To be honest, I just ranked it C- because I liked it. It's not that great.

Mega-Latias and Mega-Latios - I'm not sure where they belong. They weren't ranked last gen. Mega-Latios seems like the bad version of Latios, while the opposite happens for Latias. Latias also learns Reflect Type, which is a super good move. Perhaps C+ for Mega-Latias, Uranked for Mega-Latios.

Ampharos-Mega
- Rather unsure. The nerf to Thunder Wave in gen 7 probably hurt it, as well as Z-moves. Probably C or C-.

Steelix-Mega
- Just overlooked. It's definitely better than all the D ranked pokemon. It's similar to Mega-Camerupt in that way I suppose. Lancer MK and Wrath of Alakazam both used it to marked success. C-

Aggron-Mega and Mimikyu
- I'd be down to switch these two. Aggron-Mega doesn't have a ton of options and can't beat Kyurem-Black hardly at all. Thunder Wave is a horrifying addition to the Curse set. The Curse set just puts so much pressure on your team, and it beats noobs so easily that Mimikyu just might be A. I'm less sure about Mimikyu moving up than I am about Aggron moving down.

Kartana - It's so hard to use. It's probably more on the level of a Hoopa-U, Pheromosa, or Lando-I. Choice Band doesn't kill enough, and it's just a little bit too frail to sub and set-up. It's typing is kind of bad too. C+.

Pheromosa
- Pheromosa isn't good. If it doesn't OHKO something, it loses. It has a terrible movepool and terrible defenses. The most success I've had is memeing Magnezones with Choice Banded Double Kick. It's C+ at best.

DEG, you should just let Macemaster and I do the Viability Rankings. You wouldn't have to do anything and he and I like doing it.
Have you thought of making your own viability rankings thread? :p

Necrozma

Snorlax
- It wasn't even ranked at the start of the gen. It's been rising, and should rise higher. Yawn's easy to beat, but it doesn't have to run Yawn. The Normalium-Z set just beats everything if it gets 3 sleep turns. I'll take that any day. B+ or - A-.

Magearna
- I've always thought, and still think that it is equally good as Mawile. The Ground move lure set should run Shuca Berry in my opinion. Air Balloon loses too hard by Rock Tomb, which is why people stopped using it in the first place. A

Mega-Lopunny - A - A-.
It's so fast. It's not ranked because DEG isn't that interested in the Viability Rankings and has better things to do.

Mega- Camerupt
- Same.

Mega-Diancie
- This pokemon was B- last gen and could only run 3 moves. I don't see how it's less than that. It's so easy to abuse the base form's extra defense now that you get the mega's speed boost instantly. It's probably B. You can run any two coverage moves you want. It's quite excellent.

Mega-Altaria
- Its typing is incredible. And it can go Physical, Special, or Stall. B+.

Aggron - D or Unranked.

Hoopa-U

My Own Thoughts

Crustle
- Is this mon honestly better than Carracosta? I'm really not sure it is. C or C+.

Porygon-Z
- Not that great. Specs is outclassed and dies to opposing z-move users almost on accident. Scarf is really easy to prepare for. No one uses P-Z or thinks of P-Z as an A+ mon. A- or lower.

Pidgeot-Mega

- All of these mons have been seeing better results than they did at the beginning of the gen. They were probably always C+.

Ambipom
- Unranked. Mega-Lopunny is released.

Salazzle - D or unranked.
To be honest, I just ranked it C- because I liked it. It's not that great.

- I'm not sure where they belong. They weren't ranked last gen. Mega-Latios seems like the bad version of Latios, while the opposite happens for Latias. Latias also learns Reflect Type, which is a super good move. Perhaps C+ for Mega-Latias, Uranked for Mega-Latios.

Ampharos-Mega

Steelix-Mega

Aggron-Mega and
Mimikyu

Kartana
- It's so hard to use. It's probably more on the level of a Hoopa-U, Pheromosa, or Lando-I. Choice Band doesn't kill enough, and it's just a little bit too frail to sub and set-up. Its typing is kind of bad too. C+.

Pheromosa

Who do you think made the last one?

Gonna offer my thoughts too, because why not. Am I as knowledgeable as Kentari and Mace? Probably not, but I do feel like there's definite ground for discussion on a lot of these noms.

Snorlax
- A- - Snorlax has become incredibly splashable, become a lot more meta, and at this point and time it's quite clear to me that an increase is well-deserved.

Magearna
- As of current rankings, this is already A. So... agreed? :P

Mega-Lopunny - B+
- Lopunny isn't as impactful as, and doesn't beat as much as other A mons IMO. B+ is a much better spot, where it shares many similarities to other powerful but less potent megas like Blaziken and Heracross, or Genesect and Greninja.

Mega-Camerupt
- Unranked - It just doesn't have a proven niche, so there's no reason to rank it. Sure, it 'can' be used to success, but honestly no more so than other unranked mons that have semi-decent movepools and bodies attached to them. Other C- mons like Bulu, Zygarde, and Nihilego at least beat a niche enough part of the meta to where they can be used with other, bigger threats in effective team comps. Rank this up if it's actually got a niche, but Mega status ≠ viability.

Mega-Diancie
- C+ - Usage of this thing went straight down the shitter pretty much right after its release, and for good reason. The mega turn order change indeed helps it, but it simply doesn't hit hard enough neutrally without an item or Z-Move to compete with other similar mons in the B tiers. The underused C+ slot is much better for a mon like this, which sits just barely outside the lines of meta viability.

Mega-Altaria
- B+ - On the other hand, a multitude of set up moves, better bulk, and more coverage allow this mon to shine above its mega-Fairy companion it was released alongside. B+ is definitely a good place for it currently, however with more work I could see it going even higher.
Aggron - Unranked
- 2 ranks 2 many, plz fix.
Hoopa-U
- C+ - Pretty much sums it up, just outside the cusp of meta viability IMO.

Crustle
- C+ - Good mon, but outclassed by other mons above it in a way that severely limits its niche. However, the niche is still very much there, and teams that understand said niche can still have definite success.

Porygon-Z - A- - I'll concede, even as an outspoken PZ fan it's definitely overrated on the VR rankings, taking a second look. A- is a good spot, but definitely no lower IMO.
Pidgeot-Mega
- C - Agree, summed it up pretty well.

- C+ - Another agree, all mons that have been picked up and used to pretty good success with some updated move choices and spreads.

Ambipom
- Unranked - Mhm.
Salazzle - C- -
Eh, Salazzle should stay where it is. D is for the Slakings, Smeargle, and Aron. The niche here is substantial enough to where it's clearly not just a gimmick.

- Haven't played around with these guys, but I can see the niche they possess. C+ sounds fair, and I'll try to give Mega Lati a shot soon.
Ampharos-Mega
- C+ - Vastly underrated IMO. I've used both offensive and stall sets to at the very least noteworthy success on numerous alts. Definitely has a better niche than the ehhhh niche C ranks such as Relicanth or Hitmonlee.
Steelix-Mega
- Unranked - See Camerupt.
Aggron-Mega - A- - Well warranted nomination, and I agree that this mon definitely fits better in A- due to its lack of options and potency.
Mimikyu
- A - Originally my nomination, and recent experiments involving T-Wave make this thing only more terrifying. Definitely agree.

Kartana
- B - C+, or even B- seems a little bit unfair for a mon with this much power that still has decent bulk. Grass / Steel isn't as great as in traditional metas, but it does give Kartana enough bulk for it to have some decently splashability in a lot of goodstuffs based 1v1 teams.
Pheromosa
- C+ - Couldn't agree more, have experimented with this mon and it just unfortunately doesn't kill enough.

But yeah, thanks for reading, and hope my opinions here can possibly change some minds and spark some discussion :)

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
This. I can't promise that I wouldn't add an M rank for all my shitty memes, though.
I support your nominations for Porygon-Z in A- and Crustle in C+, but I feel like Salazzle is quite at home in C-. Kartana should drop as well, but not nearly that harsh. I'm thinking B- or B. Agree/neutral on everything else you nominated.

DEG

The night belongs to you
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
VR Update.

: B- to Unranked
: B- to C+
: A+ to A-
: UR (VR Error) to B
: Unranked to A
: B- to A-
: Unranked to C-
: Unranked to B-
: Unranked to B+
: Unranked to C+
: C to C+
: D to C+
: C to C+
: D to Unranked
: C- to D
: A- to A
: B+ to B
: C+ to C
: C- to B
: C+ to B

First post after the update:not sure if there will be another update till us/um but if there is Mega Swampert MUST rise from B to A-,where both it and snorlax belong.
1:It has versatility (well if it's me I am always yawn protect).You don't know whether you want to damage it or not,since it could run both Counter+Mirror Coat and Yawn+Protect.It also has an amazing typing,having only one weakness which is pretty uncommon.Its 2 sets are able to defeat almost the entirety of the metagame,including Kyurem-Black (which it beats with 2 turn sleep if it runs Yawn+Protect and Outrage or with proper Z-move predicting if running Counter+Mirror Coat),Mega Gyarados (Which has to know which set you are running otherwise they lose),Charizard X (gets destroyed by Yawn+Protect),Mega Aggron (Both sets usually win) and more.
Also,for people who say:Oh just run hp grass or Grass Knot
252+ SpA Tapu Koko Grass Knot (100 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Swampert-Mega: 356-420 (88.1 - 103.9%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
And this a standard set,the actually good set is this:
Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Yawn
- Protect

Last edited:

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
Hello everyone I totally don't have other posts to write so here's a quick rundown on something I want to discuss:

Dragonite

Current ranking
Dragonite is currently ranked A on the VR for its extreme versatility, great ability, movepool and stats

My proposal
I want Dragonite to be ranked A+ on the VR because it's showing increased versatility on the ladder. It can easily match Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Anything can Scarf (Dragonite) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Thunder

Other options
Other options include:
- Inner Focus for Fake Out
- Mixed Dragonium-Z
- Random Z-Moves
- Specs
- Bulldoze/Rock Tomb

Hello everyone I totally don't have other posts to write so here's a quick rundown on something I want to discuss:

Dragonite

Current ranking
Dragonite is currently ranked A on the VR for its extreme versatility, great ability, movepool and stats

My proposal
I want Dragonite to be ranked A+ on the VR because it's showing increased versatility on the ladder. It can easily match Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite @ Dragonium Z
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed

Dragonite @ Flyinium Z
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Anything can Scarf (Dragonite) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Dragonite @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Draco Meteor
- Hurricane
- Thunder

Other options
Other options include:
- Inner Focus for Fake Out
- Mixed Dragonium-Z
- Random Z-Moves
- Specs
- Bulldoze/Rock Tomb
I'd feel more comfortable with Mega-Metagross rising, rather than Dragonite. It still has a bunch of trouble with stall and whatever Pokémon you were unable to squeeze coverage in for. Special sets still seem like kind of a meme lure and not like a real set; that is, if they know you're using special Dragonite, you win a lot less games. It also gets straight rekt by Gyarados and Kyu-B, the two best mons in 1v1.

Mega-Metagross is almost as customizable as Dragonite, while having a great typing.

Meteor Mash, Iron Head, Magnet Rise, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Magnet Rise, Substitute, Zen Headbutt, Rock Tomb, Earthquake, Bullet Punch, Hammer Arm, and Bulldoze are all pretty good and could be seen on a Metagross set in nearly any combination. It can beat just about any mon you need it to.

I'm a little hesitant to up Dragonite when I think Metagross at least is better than it.

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
Sets Viability Rankings

S Rank

Dragon Dance: S
Curse+Rest: B+
Special Attacker: B

A+ Rank

Offensive X: S
All-Out Attacking Y: S
Specially Defensive X: A+
Curse+Roost X: A
Anti-Charizard Y: B+

Special Dragonium Z: A+
Physical Flyinium Z: A+
Choice Band: A-
Electrium Z: B
Choice Scarf: B

Fairium Z: A+
Choice Specs: B-
Air Balloon: B-
Shuca Berry: B-

Physically Defensive: A+
Specially Defensive: A-
Offensive: B

Mimikium Swords Dance: A+
Thunder Wave+Z-Curse: A
Mimikium Curse: A
Mimikium Bulk Up: A
Taunt+Curse: B+
Ghostium Swords Dance: B

A Rank

Groundium Z: A
Flyinium Z: A

Yawn+Belly Drum+Normalium Z: A+
Curse: A

Psychium Z: A
Choice Specs: B+

Groundium Z: A
Dragonium Z: A-
Poisonium Z: B+

A- Rank

Giga Impact: A-
SubFlail: B+

Electrium Z: A-
Air Balloon: B
Steelium Z: B

Choice Scarf: A
Monoattacking Z-Conversion: A
Choice Specs: A-
Shadow Ball+Z-Conversion: A-

Mixed Defensive Amnesia: A-
Calm Mind: B+
Specially Defensive Slack Off+Amnesia: B+

Defensive: A-
Sleep Powder+Leech Seed: B+
Offensive Sleep Powder: B

B+ Rank

Special Ghostium Z: B+
Physical Ghostium Z: B
Choice Scarf: D

Cotton Guard: B+
Dragon Dance: C+
Special Attacker: C+

Curse+Rest+2 Attacks: B
Metal Burst+3 Attacks: B

Groundium Z: B+
Choice Band: B+
SubEndeavor: B
Rockium Z: B-

Utility Attacker: B+
Offensive Psyshock: B+
Icy Wind: B

Choice Scarf: B-

Rockium Z: B+

Mixed Life Orb: A-
Choice Specs: A-
Torrent+Waterium Z: B+
Choice Scarf: C+

Sleep Powder+Leech Seed: B+

Normalium Z: B+
Choice Specs: C

Z Attacker: C+
Choice Scarf: C

Hyper Cutter+Giga Impact: B
Hyper Cutter+SubFlail: C+
Mold Breaker: C+

Waterium Z: B+
Choice Specs: B
Primarium Z: B
Fairium Z: B

Tapunium Z+Taunt: C+

B Rank

Mega Attacker: B
Mixed Life Orb: B
Anti-Gyarados: B-
Firium Z: B-
SubReversal: B-

Charm: B
PP Stall: B
Counter: B-

Leech Seed Stall: B

Groundium Z: B
Choice Band: B
Haban Berry: B
Dragonium Z: B-

Grassium Z: C+

All-Out Attacker: B

Grassium Z: B

All-Out Attacker: B
Metal Burst: B

Kew™ (Stall): B+
Genesis Supernova: B

Will-O-Wisp+Taunt: B
Calm Mind: C+

Fightinium Z: B
Choice Band: B-

Rock Tomb: B
Iron Defense: B-

B- Rank

Fake Out+3 Attacks: B-
CounterCoat: C+

Z-Charm: B-

Fightinium Z: C+
Assault Vest: D

Leech Seed Stall: B-
Steelium Z: B-

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: B-

Offensive Magnet Rise: B-
Bulky Rock Tomb: B-

Choice Scarf: C-
Truant Stall: D

Bulky Will-O-Wisp+Hex: B-
Hypnosis+Hex: B-

Choice Band: C+
Darkinium Z: C

Clangorous Soulblaze: B

Yawn+Protect: B-
Curse+Mirror Coat: C+
CounterCoat: C+

Z-Yawn: C+

Buginium Z: B-
Defensive: C+
Firium Z: C

Babiri Berry: B-
Occa Berry: C

C+ Rank

Curse: C+

Yawn+Protect: C
All-Out Attacker: C-
Defensive: D

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: C+

Psychium Z+Dual Screens: C+
Choice Specs: C+
PP Stall: C
Fightinium Z: C-
Iron Defense+Amnesia: C-

Groundium Z: C+

Will-O-Wisp+Bulk Up: C+
Zen Headbutt: C

Heal Block+Psychium Z: C+

Physical Attacker: C-
SubReversal: C-

All-Out Attacker: C+

Bulk Up: C

Defensive Fightinium Z: C+
Life Orb: C

Defensive: C+
Offensive: C

Curse: C+

Grassium Z: C+
Choice Band: C-
Assault Vest: C-

Rockium Z: C+

Z-Charm: C+

Z-Celebrate: C+
Will-O-Wisp+Z Move: C

C Rank

Ghostium Z: C
King's Fling: C-
Choice Specs: C-

Rockium Z: C

Physically Defensive: C
Specially Defensive: C-

Choice Band: C
Groundium Z: C-
Waterium Z: C-
Poisonium Z: C-

Life Orb: C
Grassium Z: C-
Fightinium Z: C-

Waterium Z: C
Fightinium Z: C

Life Orb Attacker: C

Reflect Type: C
Stored Power: C-

Z-Charm: C

Rockium Z: C

Feather Dance: C

Yawn+Rockium Z: C

Electrium Z: C

C- Rank

Life Orb: C-

Fairium Z: C-

Unaware Stall: C-

Z-Stockpile: C-

Icium Z: C-
Choice Band: D
Assault Vest: D

Grassium Z: C-

Fake Out+Z Move: C-
SubDisable+Z Move: C-

Flyinium Z: C

Calm Mind Tank: C-

D Rank

Specially Based Attacker: D
Swords Dance+Substitute: D

Encore+Disable: D
Calm Mind: D
Barrier: D
4 Attacks: D
Counter: D

FEAR: D

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: D

Z-Snatch: D
Poison Heal: D

Normalium Z: D

Unaware: D
PP Stall: D

PP Stall: D

Magnet Rise+3 Attacks: D

Mega Attacker: D
SubPetaya: D

Imprison+Transform: D

Yawn+Endure: D

Iron Defense+Confide: C
Swords Dance: D

Sleep Powder: D

Waterium Z: D
Choice Specs: D

Last edited:
Sets Viability Rankings

S Rank

Bulky Dragon Dance+3 Attacks: S
Dragon Dance+Taunt+2 Attacks: S
Offensive Dragon Dance+3 Attacks: A
Special Attacker: D

Icium Z: S
Physically Based Choice Scarf: S
Choice Band: A+
Choice Specs: A
Special Choice Scarf: A-
Weakness Policy: B
Haban Berry: B
Assault Vest: B
Chople Berry: B-
Roseli Berry: B-
Groundium Z: B-

A+ Rank

Hybrid Dragon Dance: A+
Offensive Dragon Dance: A
Defensive Dragon Dance: A
Belly Drum: A-

Special Electrium Z: A+
Physical Electrium Z: A
Fairium Z: B+
Air Balloon: B+
Reflect+Electrium Z: B-

Psychium Z: A+

A Rank

Metal Burst+3 Attacks: A
Curse+Rest+2 Attacks: A

Bulky Blast Burn: A
Offensive Blast Burn: A-

Dragon Dance+Dragonium Z: A
Choice Band: A-
Dragonium Z+3 Attacks: A-
Flyinium Z: A-
Mixed Z-Move Attacker: A-

SubFlail: A
Giga Impact: A

Choice Specs: A
Shuca Berry: B+

Bulky Attacker: A
Metal Burst: A-
Speedy Attacker: A-

Anti-Gyarados: A
Customized 3/4 Attacks: A
Magnet Rise+3 Attacks: A
Anti-Koko: A-

Thunder Wave+Z-Curse: A
Swords Dance+Fairium Z: A
Curse+Fairum Z: A-
Swords Dance+Ghostium Z: A-

Hyper Cutter+Bulk Up+3 Attacks: A
SubFlail: A-
Mold Breaker+3/4 Attacks: A-

A- Rank

Ghostium Z+3 Attacks: A-
Speedy Ghostium Z+Magnet Rise: B

Groundium Z: A-
Rockium Z: B
SubEndeavor: B-

Groundium Z: A-
Flyinium Z: A-

Electrium Z: A-
Metal Sound+Z Move: B+
4 Attacks Steelium Z: B-

Choice Scarf: A-
Z-Conversion: D

Yawn+Belly Drum+Normalium Z: A-
Curse: A-

Mixed Defensive Amnesia: A-
Physically Defensive Rest+Calm Mind: B+
Specially Defensive Slack Off+Amnesia: B+

Offensive Sleep Powder: A-
Defensive Charm: A-

B+ Rank

Cotton Guard Wall: B+
Dragon Dance: B
Special Attacker: B-

Mega Attacker: B+
SubReversal: B
Firium Z: B
Mixed Life Orb: B

Customized Z Attacker: C+

Rockium Z: B

Mixed Attacker: B+
Waterium Z: B-

4 Attacks: B+

Baby-Doll Eyes+Fairium Z: B

Fairium Z: B
Tapunium Z+Taunt: C+

B Rank

Fake Out+3 Attacks: B
CounterCoat: C
Yawn+Protect: C-

Charm: B
Counter: B-

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: B

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: B

Leech Seed Stall: B

Speedy Bulky Will-O-Wisp: B
Offensive: B-

Grassium Z: B-

Sleep Powder+Leech Seed: B

Swords Dance+Steelium Z: C+

Will-O-Wisp+Taunt: B
Metal Burst: B-

Fightinium Z: B

Curse+Mirror Coat: B
Yawn+Protect: B-
CounterCoat: B-

Bulky Rock Tomb: B
Dragon Dance: C+

B- Rank

Fightinium Z: B-

Leech Seed Stall: B-

Offensive Magnet Rise: B-
Bulky Rock Tomb: C+

Hypnosis+Hex: B-
Counter: C

Heal Block+Psychium Z: B-

Fake Out+Genesis Supernova: B-
Stall: C+

Offensive Rockium Z: B-
Bulky Rockium Z+Rock Tomb: B-

Z-Fake Tears: C

Babiri Berry+Moonblast: B-
Babiri Berry+Taunt: C+
Other Items: C
Grass Whistle: C-

C+ Rank

Z Attacker: D

Groundium Z+Curse+Mirror Coat: C+
Other Sets: C

Choice Band: C

Waterium Z: C+

Life Orb Attacker: C+

Bulky Bulk Up: C

Choice Attacker: C+
Z Attacker: C

C Rank

PP Stall: C

Fake Out+3 Attacks: C
Fake Out+SubReversal: C-
Endure+Reversal: C-

Fake Out+3 Attacks: C

Physical Attacker: C
SubReversal: C
Special Attacker: C-

Feather Dance: C

Z-Stockpile: C

Yawn+Rockium Z: C

Offensive Electrium Z: C
Bulky Electrium Z: C-
Choice Attacker: C-

C- Rank

Specially Based Attacker: C-
Swords Dance: D

Shell Smash+Rockium Z: C-

Tank: C-
Defensive: C-

Magnet Rise+3 Attacks: C-

Rockium Z: C-

Unaware Stall: C-

Mega Attacker: C-
SubPetaya: C-
Leech Seed: D

Dragon Dance+Groundium Z: C-
Haban Berry+Coil: D

D Rank

Encore+Disable: D
4 Attacks: D

FEAR: D

Normalium Z: D

Stall: D

Heal Block+Psychium Z: D
Reflect Type: D

Choice Specs: D
Psychium Z: D
Stored Power: D

Defensive: D
Offensive: D

Fake Out+Z Move: D
SubDisable+Z Move: D

Roost+3 Attacks: D

Imprison+Transform: D

Yawn+Endure: D

Sleep Powder: D
MaceMaster
1) About MetagrossM, anti-koko is not worse than magnet rise+3 attacks; on the contrary, it helps MetagM to tank a whole new lot of attacks like groundium KyuB, shadow ball Gengar-M, specs DPulse greninja, overheat Mew, Electrium Magnezone, to name a few common meta threat. Imo, magnet rise and anti-koko are equally good.

2) AB Koko should not be used, since electric terrain boosts only grounded mons using electric moves. So, categorise it under DNU

This is the Viability Rankings of the 1v1 metagame, discussions are highly encouraged helping us attain the best Viability Rankings. However, there are criteria for posting, any post not following these criteria will be ignored or deleted.

Do:
- Post intelligently presenting various reasons why you think this Pokemon is ranked incorrectly.
Example: Charizard-Mega X is an amazing Pokemon in the 1v1 metagame due to different factors. Its typing in Dragon/Fire allows it resistance to a lot of types attack such as Electric and Grass. It has great bulk and offense allowing it to pull easily an amazing bulky offensive sets taking on pretty much a lot of threats.

- Present calcs, its sets and its impact on the metagame
Example: Mega Gyarados isn't only blessed by its typing in Water/Dark and ability Mold Breaker it also has a big movepool to abuse making you unable to figure out which sets its running. It may use a set composed of Dragon Dance and three attacks ranging from Crunch, Outrage, Earthquake, Waterfall and even Ice Fang with defensive investment or not, a Taunt set is also usable making it a great mind breaker.

Don't:
- Post one liners such as "Pheromosa has an outstanding attack so it should be ranked higher!!!"
- Attack other users opinion, example: "You don't know the metagame, how do you even see Mimikyu an A+ Pokemon???"

Things to keep in mind when deciding a Pokemon's rank:

- The Pokemon's versatility enters on a big scale in the deciding of its rank, the more unpredictable a Pokemon is, the more Pokemon it can break.

- The Pokemon's stats and capabilities. This Pokemon is able to pull an amazing offensive set or stall out effectively the opponent. This Pokemon takes bulky offense on another
level allowing it to easily sponge and deal insane damage.

- The Pokemon ability to be anti-metagame. This Pokemon's typing and ability makes it able to take on the most dominant Pokemon or typings in the metagame.

Well enough talking, those are the rankings:
S Rank
Gyarados-Mega
Kyurem-Black

A+ Rank
Charizard-Mega-X
Tapu Koko
Tapu Lele

A Rank
Aggron-Mega
Charizard-Mega-Y
Dragonite
Lopunny-Mega
Magearna
Mawile-Mega
Metagross-Mega
Mimikyu
Pinsir-Mega

A- Rank
Aegislash
Donphan
Landorus-Therian
Magnezone
Porygon-Z
Snorlax
Slowbro-Mega
Venusaur-Mega

B+ Rank
Altaria-Mega
Blaziken
Garchomp
Genesect
Golem
Greninja
Heracross-Mega
Meloetta
Primarina
Tapu Fini

B Rank
Blastoise-Mega
Chansey
Carracosta
Crustle
Ferrothorn
Gardevoir-Mega
Heatran
Jirachi
Jumpluff
Kartana
Sableye-Mega
Sawk
Swampert-Mega
Tyranitar-Mega

B- Rank
Blissey
Buzzwole
Celesteela
Diancie
Durant
Gengar-Mega
Latios
Mew
Pheromoa
Terrakion
Umbreon
Whimsicott

C+ Rank
Archeops
Avalugg
Hoopa-Unbound
Keldeo
Landorus
Marowak-Alola
Medicham-Mega
Sableye-Mega
Victini

C Rank
Dusclops
Hitmonlee
Infernape
Lucario-Mega
Pidgeot-Mega
Quagsire
Relicanth
Thundurus-Therian

C- Rank
Abomasnow-Mega
Barbaracle
Camerupt-Mega
Carracosta
Manectric-Mega
Nihilego
Pyukumuku
Sceptile-Mega
Zygarde

D Rank
Alakazam-Mega
Aron
Azumarill
Clefable
Latias
Necrozma
Porygon2
Salazzle
Scizor-Mega
Slaking
Smeargle
Stunfisk
Vivillon

Do not use
Ditto
Magnemite
Shedinja
Okay, this is gonna sound a bit odd, but I call for Gyarados-M down from S to A+. Here's my reasoning :

S is supposed to be the highest notch viability for 1v1 mons, and it's totally understandable that KyuB just had to be there. But, gyarados-M, though having a pre-mega-evolved ability of intimidate, and a mega evolved ability of Mold Breaker, which helps it to break much of the meta, lacks the level of both the bulk and versatility that KyuB has. For example, a viable KyuB is able to run icium/scarf(physical/special)/specs with very much reliable bulk to possibly counter it's threats like charX, lopunny-M on the physical side. But, a viable Gyarados-Mega is usually stiffled by having to run only three moves because of a necessity to run DragonDance, and in addition to this, it has no means whatsoever, to counter its threats like Tapu Koko, Pinsir-M, Venusaur-M, Altaria-M to name a few.

Keeping all this in mind, I call for either a fall of GyaradosM from S to A+, or creation of a new tier(is it called that?) S+, occupied by KyuB alone.

Last edited:

Nalei

strong, wild garbage
MaceMaster
1) About MetagrossM, anti-koko is not worse than magnet rise+3 attacks; on the contrary, it helps MetagM to tank a whole new lot of attacks like groundium KyuB, shadow ball Gengar-M, specs DPulse greninja, overheat Mew, Electrium Magnezone, to name a few common meta threat. Imo, magnet rise and anti-koko are equally good.

2) AB Koko should not be used, since electric terrain boosts only grounded mons using electric moves. So, categorise it under DNU

Okay, this is gonna sound a bit odd, but I call for Gyarados-M down from S to A+. Here's my reasoning :

S is supposed to be the highest notch viability for 1v1 mons, and it's totally understandable that KyuB just had to be there. But, gyarados-M, though having a pre-mega-evolved ability of intimidate, and a mega evolved ability of Mold Breaker, which helps it to break much of the meta, lacks the level of both the bulk and versatility that KyuB has. For example, a viable KyuB is able to run icium/scarf(physical/special)/specs with very much reliable bulk to possibly counter it's threats like charX, lopunny-M on the physical side. But, a viable Gyarados-Mega is usually stiffled by having to run only three moves because of a necessity to run DragonDance, and in addition to this, it has no means whatsoever, to counter its threats like Tapu Koko, Pinsir-M, Venusaur-M, Altaria-M to name a few.

Keeping all this in mind, I call for either a fall of GyaradosM from S to A+, or creation of a new tier(is it called that?) S+, occupied by KyuB alone.
I support Kyurem-B to S+. Dropping Gyarados to A+ however is even more inaccurate than it is now though as Gyarados is much better than any A+ rank mon. Removed AB Koko from sets VR and moved Anti-Koko Metagross from A- to A. Thanks for the feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)