1v1; Rolf Vs. DarkSlay, Rolf wins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to our Battle of the Day, here at Pokemon stadium. We have our grassy field out for use today, as two veterans of ASB are ready to test their new teammates against each other. In the Blue Corner is Rolf, let’s take a look at his team;

Rattata [Heather] (F)
Nature: Jolly (Special Attack decreased by *; Speed is decreased by 15% and accuracy is raised by 14%)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats:
Rattata
HP: 90
Atk: **
Def: **
SpA: (-)
SpD: **
Spe: 83 (+)

Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
Hustle (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon puts immense force and speed in its physical attacks, increasing the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by three (3), but the haste used lowers their accuracy to 80% of normal.

EC: 1/6
MC: 1
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack
Focus Energy
Bite
Pursuit
Hyper Fang
Sucker Punch
Crunch
Assurance
Endeavor

Super Fang
Reversal
Counter

Dig
Facade
U-Turn

Teddiursa [Sothe] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Attack increased by *; Special Attack decreased by *)

Type: Normal
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.

Stats:
Teddiursa
Atk: **** (+)
Def: **
SpA: * (-)
SpD: **
Spe: 40

Abilities:
Pick Up: (Innate) This Pokemon has a natural habit of collecting items. Whenever a hold item (it's own or an opponents) is used or knocked onto the ground with a move like Knock Off, this Pokemon will immediately pick up that item without using an action. It can also grab dropped or naturally occuring hold items in arenas.
Quick Feet: (Innate) This Pokemon feels a sense of anxiety when afflicted with a status condition and its speed increases by 50% (x1.5). Although it can still be fully paralyzed, it will not suffer the speed drop.
Honey Gather (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon emits a scent of sweet honey that lowers all foes' Evasion by one (1) Stage.

EC: 1/6
MC: 0
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Covet
Scratch
Leer
Lick
Fury Swipes
Fake Tears
Faint Attack
Sweet Scent

Counter
Crunch
Yawn

Taunt
Facade
Swords Dance
Protect

And in the Red Corner is DarkSlay, let’s see who he brought with him for today’s match;

Pawniard [Shank] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack. Subtracts * from Special Attack.)

Type: Dark / Steel
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use more devious Dark-type attacks while attracted. Revenge and Vengeance have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Bomb, can be magnetized.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 60

EC: 2 / 6
MC: 1
DC: 1 / 5

Abilities:
Defiant: (Innate) The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Pressure (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon’s presence fills the air with intense anxiety, and any damaging or status attack launched at this Pokemon costs the opposing Pokemon two (2) more energy to perform.

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Fury Cutter (*)
Torment (*)
Faint Attack (*)
Scary Face (*)
Metal Claw (*)

Sucker Punch (*)
Psycho Cut (*)
Pursuit (*)

Brick Break (*)
Taunt (*)
Dig (*)

Totodile [Gatorade] (M)
Nature: Adamant (Adds * to Attack. Subtracts * from Special Attack.)

Type: Water
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious. Splash and Ice Moves have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Stats:
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 43

EC: 0 / 9
DC: 0 / 5

Abilities:
Torrent: (Innate) When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Sheer Force (DW): (Can be Enabled) This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Attacks:
Scratch (*)
Leer (*)
Water Gun (*)
Rage (*)
Bite (*)
Scary Face (*)
Ice Fang (*)
Flail (*)
Thrash (*)

Dragon Dance (*)
Aqua Jet (*)
Ice Punch (*)

Waterfall (*)
Dig (*)
Brick Break (*)

Lilly [Lileep] (F)
Nature: Relaxed (Adds * to Defense. Subtracts 15% from Speed.)

Type: Rock / Grass
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 4 (+)
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 20 (-)

EC: 0 / 6
DC: 0 / 5

Abilities:
Suction Cups: (Innate) This Pokemon has sticky suction cups that anchor down to prevent it from being moved or scared away by Roar or Whirlwind. It will hold its ground against Dragon Tail and Overhead Throw and will not be forced out in a switch battle.
Storm Drain (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon lures all water attacks to itself, altering their course away from partner Pokemon. It absorbs the water and increases its Special Attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.

Attacks:
Astonish (*)
Constrict (*)
Acid (*)
Ingrain (*)
Confuse Ray (*)

Recover (*)
Curse (*)
Mirror Coat (*)

Toxic (*)
Protect (*)
Rock Slide (*)

Our ref has made his way too the field, let’s tune in and listen to the conditions of today’s battle.
“This contest will be a one-on-one match, first to KO their opponent wins! Rolf will send out his first pokemon, then DarkSlay will send out his pokemon, and issue his commands. Then Rolf will issue his commands, and I will judge the condition of each pokemon. The only way to win is to KO the opponent’s pokemon, or if your opponent expends all his energy. Rolf, your pokemon, please.”

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
All right! I just wanted to try out my new Pokemon for the first time, so let's hope that it does well.

You're the freshest face to the team, so show me your worth!

Go, Lilly the Lileep!

Lilly, predictable Rattata is predictable, and it will Super Fang me as soon as possible. Grasslands is your lands, so take advantage of that as well! Let's punish that predictability!

Start off with a Curse to boost your Attack and weather some of Heather's attacks better! Then follow that with a Confuse Ray! Finish the round with a powerful Rock Slide!

IF IT USES SUPER FANG ON YOU, retaliate with an opportunity to get in a free Toxic! It's grasslands, so trying to hide in the grass won't do any good against my Grass type!

I swear I posted >.<

Go ahead and super fang, then dig to avoid that confuse ray and attack! Finish with another super fang to pile on the damage!

Hello everyone, and welcome back to Pokemon Stadium, we're here at our grassy field for our Battle of the Day, as Rolf and his Rattata Heather are set to take on DarkSlay and his Lileep Lily.

90 HP
100 Energy
Boosts: none

Vs.

100 HP
100 Energy

Heather the Rattata takes the intiative, launching herself at Lily, darting around her and biting in select locations. I've seen that attack before, its a Super Fang! Lily takes advantage of Heather's close-range offense, and covers herself in a Toxic slime. It doesn't prevent damage, but it does badly poison Heather! As the match goes on, that poison will hurt Heather worse and worse!

Lily starts swaying about in a strange motion, and a Ray of Confusion starts to form. Heather sees it coming, and Digs underground to avoid the devastating ray. As the ray arrives at where Heather used to be, she pops up out of the ground underneath Lily, dealing some light damage to Lily.

Heather doesn't like what little damage her digging attack did, and chooses to dart around Lily, using her Super Fang technique again. Lily takes her time, choosing the right moment to strike, and Slides some Rocks at Hather, and is finally able to connect, hitting Heather. Let's take a moment to see how our combatants are doing;

Rattata
Super Fang- 25 Damage, 17.5 (rounded up to 18) Energy
Dig- 5 Damage, 6 Energy
Super Fang- 17.75 (rounded up to 18) Damage, 14 Energy

Lileep
Toxic- 7 Energy
Confuse Ray- 5 Energy
Rock Slide- 13 Damage, 6 Energy

Toxic- 1 Damage x 2 actions = 2 Damage

75 HP
62 Energy

Vs.

52 HP
82 Energy

Heather has jumped ahead to a giant advantage, can she maintain it to gain victory? Or will Lily turn it around in time to win this bout? Stay tuned to find out! Rolf, your actions please.

Shit he did. I'm sorry, I completely missed over that. I'll change it asap

EDIT: okay, I changed it to include the Toxic, and redid the damage calcs. That should be the proper info. Rolf, your actions, please.

Great job my lil friend :)

Now that we have Guts enabled, lets go ahead and start beating things! Start by U-Turning to take advantage of Run Away and hit him really fast, then put a large amount of distance between the two of you. Next, Dig underground and make your way back towards Lileep, finishing by popping up to hit it. Finally, use all the anger you want to let out a relentless Facade on our little buggy friend.

DarkSlay

For future reference, dodging moves while using Dig takes proximity into account. Since it just used Super Fang on me, it should have dug right next to me. I should have been able to simply look into the hole and fired off my Confuse Ray. This was clarified in the current SotG by Deck Knight. It's too late to change it now, but this is just for future reference.

---

Okay Lilly, while it might look like we're down in the score, we are actually in a pretty good position! We activated Guts, but I'm pretty sure that the weak Rattata won't be doing much as the Toxic poison gets to him!

First off, let's get off that Curse we wanted to use in the first round. That will negate the Guts boost almost entirely for the next two rounds. Then, as its Digging to you, Recover off some of the damage you took earlier to negate the weak Dig coming at you (and actually pretty much negating this round entirely). Finally, finish off the round with a Confuse Ray to help you out next round and to buy you some time with Toxic damage! It won't be able to dodge this one!

Hello everyone, and welcome back to our Battle of the Day, here at Pokemon Stadium. Rolf and Heather have started one-on-one combat against DarkSlay and Lily. Let's see where we left the battlers;

75 HP
62 Energy

Vs.

52 HP
82 Energy

Heather and her Super Fang have taken Heather to a big head start, but now that Lily's health has been lowered, can Heather break through Lily's tough defenses? Let's find out, as we return to the action.

Heather once again kicks things off, as she's still close to Lily, but seems uncomfortable being so close, but still wants to hit Lily. She manages to find a nice in-between, hitting Lily and running , making a sharp U-Turn and running away. Lily is mad that she just can't seem to land a good hit on Heather due to her limited mobility, and Curses, and it seems to actually be having an effect on Lily!

Heather Digs her way underground, likely hoping to catch Lily off-guard. Lily takes advantage of the time to herself to calm down and look inside herself, meditating to Recover health. her meditation is interrupted by Heather popping up out of the ground, it looks like her recovering health is over.

Heather is mad that her attacks don't seem to be doing as much damage anymore, and that the poison from last round is still sapping away at her health. She uses her guts boost and the poison to fuel her Facade and that looks like it hurt! I wouldn't want to take that hit, I'll tell you that much, ladies and gentlemen! Lily uses the chance, while Heather is too close to dodge, launches a Confuse Ray, and it looks like the close range has Severely Confused Heather! That could make things difficult for Heather moving forward.

Let's stop and take a look at our combatants thus far;

Rattata
U-Turn- 6 Damage, 5 Energy
Dig- 5.5 (rounded up to 6) Damage, 6 Energy
Facade- 14.5 (rounded up to 15) Damage, 7 Energy

Toxic- 2 Damage x 3 Actions = 6 Damage

Lileep
Curse- 6 Energy
Recover- 20 HP, 12 Energy
Confuse Ray- 5 Energy

69 HP
44 Energy
Boosts: Guts
Status: badly poisoned (3 Damage per action next round), Severely Confused (3 more actions)

Vs.

45 HP
59 Energy
Boosts: -1 Speed, +1 Attack/Defense

Lily has done a good job in surviving, and not taking much damage from Heather's attacks, and the Toxic is chipping away at Heather's health. But Lily can't recover forever. What will do in a pokemon today first? Lily's defenses and Toxic damage, or Heather's high-powered offense? We'll find out, after a word from our sponsors! DarkSlay, your actions, please.

DarkSlay

All right my Lilly, Rattata is close by to you. As long as it's close by or stays above ground, you should be able to easily hit it with a normal Rock Slide. Remember, Dig doesn't evade things when Pokemon are close by when the action occurs! Then, use Curse once again to lower damage input, and then Rock Slide again, hoping to cause some more damage!

So:
Rock Slide -> Curse -> Rock Slide
Also, to Rolf: Please referee my tag battle. I don't want to have to DQ you for being late when we're already pretty far.

EDIT: Sorry about that. I feel bad. :( I didn't know it was no recoveries when I made the actions. Next time, Rickheg, put the battle rules in the OP. Definitely comes in handy for matches.

I'm getting to reffing right now (although im a little loopy on meds lol) but:

Okay little guy, lets try and hurt some things! Counter that rock slide, then Facade while he Curses. Counter the last Rock Slide also!

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. Reffing on the way. And I'm sorry I keep messing up with this match :( I'm done reffing after this match, I swear. Anyway...

Hello everyone, and welcome once again to our Battle of the Day, here at Pokemon Stadium, as our two pokemon battling veterans and their new pokemon are dealing with each other in a fierce battle, and a not-so-great ref. Let's see where we left our combatants;

69 HP
44 Energy
Status: badly poisoned (3 Damage per action next round), Severely Confused (3 more actions)

Vs.

45 HP
59 Energy

Heather the Rattata, realizing she is in less-than-stellar shape, is bracing herself, letting Lily the Lileep make the first move, and opting to react to it. Lily uses the rare moment for an offensive initiative to launch another Rock Slide at Heather. Heather, despite her recent afflictions, is able to Counter the blow, hitting Lily even harder!

Heather feels a bit more confident in herself, and chooses to take some offense. She is about to move in for another Facade attack, but she trips and hurts herself! Despite the fact that her opponent just hurt herself, Lily seems angry. So angry, she starts Cursing some more!

Lily is getting sick of Heather's offense, and launches another Rock Slide at Heather. She sees the attack coming, and is able to launch another Counter attack at Lily. Heather seems to have taken so much damage, it looks like it knocked some sense and balance back into Heather, she is no longer confused!

It looks like Lily is barely holding on! But the poison is getting even worse for Heather, who will survive?!? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z, I mean, Battle of the Day!!

Rattata
Counter- 19.5 (rounded up to 20) Damage, 12.67 (rounded up to 13) Energy
Facade(hurt self in confusion)- 6 Damage, 3 Energy
Counter- 21 Damage, 13 Energy

Lileep
Rock Slide- 12.5 (rounded up to 13) Damage, 5 Energy
Curse- 6 Energy
Rock Slide- 14 Damage, 5 Energy

Toxic- 3 Damage per action x 3 Actions = 9 Damage to Rattata

Since Counter doesn't have a base power, I didn't apply Guts' boost to them. Also, I did apply +2 to the second Rock Slide. Also, the "trips and hurt herself" was hitting herself in confusion. I think that's everything

27 HP
15 Energy

Vs.

4 HP
43 Energy

I believe Rolf's actions are next?

DarkSlay

Damn. A 35% chance of happening, and it happened twice...

Well, not much you can do to hax. We'll give it our last shot.

Protect -> Protect -> Protect

Maybe we can get some hax in too, with those 50% Protects...

:(

Data Audit Thread said:
Data Audit Thread said:
The Pokemon erects a barrier that Protects them from every direct and indirect attack. Only field attacks can bypass Protect. When struck by a powerful attack, the Pokemon releases a lot of energy to prevent damage. Protect fails if used on successive actions.
Sorry DarkSlay :(

27 HP
15 Energy

Vs.

4 HP
43 Energy

Hello everyone, and welcome back once again to Pokemon Stadium, here for Battle of the Day! Our match here is very heated as Heather continues to take on Lily. Let's see how our match ends!

Heather is sick of taking all this damage, and goes in for a Quick Attack, but Lily puts up a Protective barrier to block it, as poison saps more of Heather's health.

Heather doesn't want to be so close to Lily and risk running into more protective barriers, and decides to U-Turn away from Lily, as Lily tries to put up another Protective barrier, but it fails, and Heather knocks her down in the process. And she's finally broken through Lily's defenses, Lily is KO'ed! Heather wins!

I also rolled on the two later protects, the second would have failed, and guts-boosted QA would have done it, too. : /

19 HP
8 Energy

Vs.

0 HP
0 Energy

Rattata
Quick Attack- failed, 2 Energy
U-Turn- 6 Damage, 5 Energy

Lileep
Protect- 8.33 (rounded down to 8) Energy

Rolf; 2 TC's
DarkSlay; 2 TC's
Heather; 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC, 1 KO counter
Lily; 1 EC, 1 MC, 1 DC
rickheg; 2 RC

Sorry I messed up so much, guys. Like I said, I'm done reffing for a while til I can get my damn head on straight. GG both.

DarkSlay

Relax, Rickheg. Don't be so hard on yourself. It's one of your first times reffing. What, do you think every good ref stepped in immediately and crapped out an amazing reffing? What I do recommend, though, is enrolling in the potential reffing training. That will give you a lot of help with how to ref properly. Also, read some of the other reffings by people like Flora. You'll get fine in no time!

Take the RC. It's not only about being a good ref, but it's about taking time out of your life to help with ASB. You deserve compensation for that.

gg Rolf, even with the bit of hax. That being said, this match gives further proof to how broken Broken Fang is. :P

How super Super Fang is* lol.

And I agree with DS. I screwed up a lot too (still do). Whatever you don't catch the players will so don't worry about it!

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
rickheg, you've earned 2 ref tokens. Take them. The only thing that matters is that this is completed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)