1v1 STRONGMONS Edition! Orcinus Duo vs. Rickheg!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, ASB fans! This is XVI, here today reffing yet another 1v1! This time, it's different, though; no weakmons or training battles here! No, this battlefield is reserved for the STRONG! Only the most powerful of elites can duke it out here. Without further ado, the match conditions!

Also issuing another 1v1 singles Strongmon challenge
1 Day DQ
2 recovers/5 chills
Arena; ASB arena, or acceptor's choice

Then, Orcinus Duo's rather frank answer...

No one has taken this yet? In that case, I'll be glad to take you on!

Before the battle starts, we'll need Orcinus Duo to clarify the Ability and Item rules. Rickheg has offered for items to be on, for his Amulet Coin. If Orcinus Duo so accepts this condition, he still must clarify how Abilities are going to be dealt with for this battle.

But enough bureaucracy! Let's take a closer look at our combatants!

In the red corner, fighting for Orcinus Duo...

Scrafty(*) Pants (M)
Nature: Adamant
Type: Dark/Fighting
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:

Shed Skin:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
Moxie:
Type: Innate
This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Intimidate (DW):
Type: Can be Activated, unlocked
When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents.

Stats:
HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 58
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 18

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Leer (*)
Low Kick(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Faint Attack(*)
Headbutt(*)
Swagger(*)
Brick Break(*)
Payback(*)

Fire Punch(*)
Thunderpunch(*)
Ice Punch(*)

Dig(*)
Taunt(*)
Dragon Claw(*)
Detect
Drain Punch
Crunch
Double team
Poison Jab
Substitute
Hi Jump Kick
Zen Headbutt
Focus Punch
Head Smash
Fake out
Incinerate
Thief
Torment
Moves: 28

Haunter(*) Purple Boss (M)
Nature: Timid

Type: Poison/Ghost
Poison: Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens/haze uninhibited. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus. Superior senses in urban settings.
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Abilities:
Levitate:
Type: Trait
This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Bulldoze, Dig, Earthquake, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. Levitate Pokemon will retain the Levitate trait when they use Skill Swap on an enemy, and will steal the opponent's ability (the user can specify if they want a foe or ally to gain Levitate from a Skill Swap.) If a Pokemon with Levitate uses Role Play, they will copy the opponent's abilities and retain Levitate.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 106 (+)
Accuracy: +30%
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 1
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 5/9

Attacks:
Hypnosis(*)
Lick(*)
Spite(*)
Mean Look(*)
Curse(*)
Night Shade(*)
Confuse Ray(*)
Sucker Punch(*)
Shadow Punch

Will-O-Wisp(*)
Astonish(*)
Disable(*)

Sludge Bomb(*)
Substitute(*)
Thunderbolt(*)
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Energy Ball
Taunt
Pain split
Hex
Total Moves: 20

And, in the blue corner, fighting for Rickheg...

Dragonite (Loch) (F)
Nature: Rash (Adds 1 to Special Attack, Subtracts 1 from Special Defense)
Type: Dragon/Flying
Summary: Dragon STAB; More in touch with legendary or special auras in arenas. Able to use Hyper Beam and Giga Impact without losing focus.
Summary: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Inner Focus: (Innate) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Multiscale: (DW Locked) (Innate) This Pokemon has sturdy scales to protect it from an opponent's attacks. If this Pokemon is at their maximum HP when a round starts, all damage done to this Pokemon during the round will be halved.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5(+)
SpD: Rank 3(-)
Spe: 80
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 22

EC: 9/9
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Thunder Punch
Fire Punch
Roost
Wrap
Leer
Thunder Wave
Twister
Dragon Rage
Slam
Agility
Safeguard
Hurricane

Water Pulse
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed

Toxic
Thunderbolt
Flamethrower
Ice Beam

Total Moves: 19

Seems like Orcinus Duo has options, but bringing an NFE in against a Dragonite? That seems a bit counter-productive. We'll see what happens! Here's how we're going to start things out:

-Orcinus Duo clarifies Ability rules
-Rickheg sends out Loch, selects Ability (if applicable)
-Orcinus Duo sends out a Pokemon, selects Ability (if applicable), and issues actions
-Rickheg issues actions
-Reffing occurs
-Reverse, rinse, repeat
-???
-STRONGMON!

BEGIN!

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Abilities all. :S My choice of FE mons were rather limited...Items are on, fine with me.

Guess Pants is out. going to wait for rick to equip an item, pants wont be holding anything (because I'm a poor, poor guy...)

Don't worry, my item won't affect the battle. Loch the Dragonite gets an Amulet Coin.

If it makes you feel any better, this is my first real item, and I've been playing since April.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Heh ok then. Nice amulet coin there. Let's be a gangster and take it off her.

Taunt-Thief-Ice punch
If protect is used on any action, double team 3 and push back (only once)

Screw multiscale.

I'm not sure what's worse. The fact that I don't have Protect, or that you didn't look at my moves when making your substitution.

Odds are, we won't stop him from "borrowing" our Amulet Coin, but there is one thing we can try. It's beneficial for us to do anyway.

Thunder Wave > Hurricane > Hurricane

(Orcinus, be sure to change Pants' HP from 90 to 100 on your team)

Pants
Energy: 100
Boosts/Drops: N/A

vs.

Loch
Energy: 100

-Round 1 begin-

TIME FOR STRONGMONS, YES? Of course it's time for strongmons. In fact, one could say it's never not time for strongmons. Anyways, today we have a fairly even matchup between Dragonite and Scrafty. Scrafty has less STAB coverage, but better defenses, while Dragonite's Ice weakness can usually become its own undoing. Let's see how this turns out!

Knowing she's faster than Pants, Loch fires off a Thunder Wave to incapacitate the gangster lizard. Now that he's paralyzed, Pants is going to be much less of a problem...at least that's what Loch thinks. Not seeming to care too much about the paralysis, Pants begins Taunting Loch, forcing her to use attacking moves. Something tells me Loch doesn't have much of a problem with that...

Good lord, I almost got knocked out of the press box, folks! I even think some people went flying through the stands, because this Hurricane is tremendous! Loch pulls it off with aplomb, and Pants is blown away for massive super-effective damage! Surely, to recover from a blow like that would take a lot of effort. Apparently not, because here, it's all about the TC...which is why Pants uses Thief to snag Loch's shiny new Amulet Coin! Now both Trainers will receive extra TC at the end of the match. The damage isn't too spectacular, though, thanks to Loch's Multiscale ability.

Loch goes for another Hurricane to seal the deal, but the last attack was too strong, and she simply couldn't muster the winds in the right direction, making the attack miss! Pants goes in for the kill, with a devastating 4x super effective Ice Punch...BZZZZZZT! He's fully paralyzed! That's got to put a wrench in his plan...

While Loch got in some solid damage, she can't continue to rely on this low accuracy. Can Pants turn this around through paralysis, or will the harsh winds blow him into the abyss of defeat? Tune in after the break.

-Round 1 end-

Pants
HP: 75
Energy: 82

vs.

Loch
HP: 95
Energy: 75

Loch Thunder Wave - Hurricane x2
Pants Taunt - Thief - Ice Punch

Action 1
Loch Thunder Wave 7 energy hits, Pants paralyzed 25%
Pants Taunt 9 energy successful, Loch Taunted for (6) actions

Action 2
Loch Hurricane 7 energy hits, does 12 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 25 damage to Pants, no confusion
Pants Thief 3 energy hits, does 4 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 9 /2 = 5 damage to Loch, Amulet Coin stolen

Action 3
Loch Hurricane 7 + 4 energy misses
Pants Ice Punch 6 energy BZZZZZZZZZZZZZT, paralysis lowered 1 stage

Rickheg issues first actions for round 2.

Just pointing out that consecutive move penalty is 4 energy, not three. Also, it looks like Scrafty got paralyzed A3? If that's the case, then the paralysis should have dropped by 5% to 20.

Either way, this doesn't affect my actions. Sorry, Orcinus Duo, but I've gotta crush you here.

Hurricane X3
If he uses Detect, replace that action with Dragon Rage.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
I don't know what's worse, that you didn't look at my moves before ordering or that...you didn't look at my moves while ordering. :)
Sorry rick. This may torment you a bit.
Torment-ice punch-ice punch. If parahaxed, push back.

I did calculate Shed Skin, I just forgot to mention it. It didn't work, by the way.

Pants

vs.

Loch
HP: 95
Energy: 75

-Round 2 begin-

Pardon my lack of flavor. It's late and I've been doing a lot of reffing.
Loch Hurricane x3
Pants Torment - Ice Punch x2

Action 1
Loch Hurricane 7 + 8 energy misses
Pants Torment 9 energy successful, Loch is Tormented for (6) actions

Action 2
Loch Hurricane derp, tormented (5 remaining)
Pants Ice Punch 6 energy BZZZZZZZZZT, paralysis lowered 1 stage

Action 3
Loch Hurricane derp, tormented (4 remaining)
Pants Ice Punch 6 + 4 energy hits, does 8 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 2.25 (4x weak) = 21 damage to Loch, freeze fails

AFTER ROUND: Pants Shed Skin fails

-Round 2 end-

Pants

vs.

Loch
HP: 74
Energy: 60

Orcinus Duo's turn.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
No parahax? Well, that's a change. We caught back from multiscale, and even better, we have hurricane out of the picture for the next round. Good job, pants.

Let's continue with the offense. Dragon Claw-Ice punch-Ice punch.

This is why I don't have nice things.

Anyway, I'm still gonna have to beat you. I just have to think about how to do it first. While I try rational thought, I want Loch to Dragon Pulse to get in some damage, then use Agilidodge to prevent one Ice Punch, then land and Roost, to heal some damage, and lower your weakness to Ice Punch

Pants

vs.

Loch
HP: 74
Energy: 60

-Round 3 begin-
I swear I'll get back into flavor for the next round. I just need to stop reffing so late.
Loch Dragon Pulse - Agilidodge - Roost
Pants Dragon Claw - Ice Punch x2

Action 1
Loch used Dragon Pulse, hit confirms, crit fails, does 9 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) = 14 damage to Pants, -6 energy
Pants used Dragon Claw, BZZZZZZZZT, paralysis lowered 1 stage

Action 2
Loch used Agilidodge, successful, -7 energy
Pants used Ice Punch, the attack misses, -6 energy

Action 3
Loch used Roost, +20 HP, -12 energy
Pants used Ice Punch, hit confirms, crit fails, does 8 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 14 damage to Loch, -10 energy

-Round 3 end-

Pants
HP: 61
Energy: 68

vs.

Loch
HP: 80
Energy: 35

Rickheg's turn.

Booyah. I don't think we'll wrap this up this round Loch, especially since you're so low on energy.

Chill > Hurricane > Chill
If he Detects on A2, switch A2 and A3
If you're Taunted when you should chill, replace that action with Dragon Pulse

Pants
HP: 61
Energy: 68

vs.

Loch
HP: 80
Energy: 35

-Round 4 begin-

Alright, we're back, to the STRONGMON DEATHMATCH, Rickheg vs. Orcinus Duo! Both Loch the Dragonite and Pants the Scrafty have been fighting very evenly; there's no overt advantage hovering over any given Pokemon. This fight has been down to the wire, intense, and charged with tension and power! Let's see how it continues.

Sensing that her Hurricane abuse has been too much on her stamina, Loch's trainer forces her to chill, regaining some energy. Alright, there's step one. But now, Loch has to deal with Pants setting up a small Substitute. Perhaps to avoid the secondary confusion effect of Hurricane? Who knows! Things have gotten a lot more tense in the arena as both Pokemon re-establish their defenses.

Loch decides to tear the Substitute up with a powerful Hurricane, and she does. The plan goes off without a hitch, but, with the Substitute taking the damage, Pants has enough time to strike with his Ice Punch at such an opportune time that the strike freezes Loch right in her tracks! Hax goes both ways in ASB, my friends, remember this.

With Loch frozen, Pants has all the time in the world to execute another Ice Punch and hit Loch yet again for massive 4x effective damage. And worse yet, she's still frozen for one more action! Could this be the end?! Tune in next time!

-Round 4 end-

Pants
HP: 46
Energy: 40

vs.

Loch
HP: 38

Loch Chill - Hurricane - Chill
Pants Substitute (15) - Ice Punch x2

Action 1
Loch chilled, +12 energy
Pants used Substitute (15), Pants set up a Substitute, -12 energy

Action 2
Loch used Hurricane, hit confirms, crit fails, does 12 (BP) + 3 (STAB) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 1.5 (2x weak) = 25 damage to Pants' Substitute, Pants' Substitute broke, -7 energy
Pants used Ice Punch, hit confirms, crit fails, does 8 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 2.25 (4x weak) = 21 damage to Loch, Loch was Deeply Frozen for (2) actions, -6 energy

Action 3
Loch frozen, 1 action remaining
Pants used Ice Punch, hit confirms, crit fails, does 8 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 2.25 (4x weak) = 21 damage to Loch, -10 energy

Orcinus Duo's turn.

Orcinus Duo

Banned deucer.
Meh. I wouldn't call it hax, used it 7 times already. Oh well.

SO I've never calced a combo before. Read ref training grounds, so just going to hope the damage is combined. If this doesn't KO, I think I'm screwed.

SUPERSAIYANTWOFISTEDDOUBLEICEPUNCHCOMBO-Cooldown-dragon claw.

If dragonite is somehow alive on a3 and uses hurricane, replace with detect.

Come on pants, we can end this!

Why is this the second case of deep freezing my mons in a day?

Bleh, GG Orcinus Duo. That Ice Punch combo beats me.

Hurricane > Roost > Dragon Pulse

Pants

vs.

Loch
HP: 38

-Round 5 begin-

Socked in the face.

-Round 5 end-

Pants
Energy: 8

vs.

Loch
HP: Ice
Energy: Ice

Loch Hurricane - Roost - Dragon Pulse
Pants Ice Punch + Ice Punch combo - cooldown - Dragon Claw

Loch is frozen, 0 actions remaining
Pants used Mega Ice Punch, hit confirms, crit fails, does 18 (BP) + 1.5 (Ranks) * 2.25 (4x weak) = 44 damage to Loch, Loch fainted, -32 energy

GG to all!

I get 2 RC.

Rickheg and Orcinus Duo each get 3 TC (Amulet Coin!).

Pants the Scrafty gets 3 MC and 1 KOC.

Loch the Dragonite gets 3 MC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)