Not open for further replies.
TravelLog said:
Looking for a:
1v1 singles match
DQ time= 1 day challenger, 2 day ref
rules: 1 recovery, 2 chills
arena as randomly selected by referree
Kaxtar said:
I'd be willing to battle you, if you want a repeat match. I'll send in a brand new pokemon, though, so the playing field is much more even.

No Items, No Switch, No abilities
That's right folks, I get to choose the arena! Since I was instructed to select it randomly, I will make the stage change randomly between rounds. The current arena:

A large ballroom in the world's biggest blimp. The blimp is flying high in the air, but the walls seems to be immune to any kind of damage, so they can't be broken. There is obviously no water source, but moves such as Dig or Earthquake are somehow possible (mostly so I don't make this particular battle more unfair). There are a few tables and chairs around the room, and a door on each side of the room, but nothing else of interest.

Gible [Bahamut] (*) (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Dragon/Ground
Dragon: Dragon STAB; Roar has have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Dragonite line can breathe underwater.)
Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings. Knock Down, Rock Slide, Sandstorm, and Stealth Rock have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Sand Veil (Innate): This Pokemon is used to reacting in desert conditions and gets a 20% evasion boost during Sandstorms. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Sandstorm damage.
Rough Skin (DW/Innate): When struck with a contact attack, this Pokemon’s abrasive skin causes pain to the opponent, dealing 25% of the damage received to the opponent.

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Stats:

Gible
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4(+)
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1(-)
SpD: Rank 1
Spe: 42

Attacks:
Level Up:
Tackle(*)
Sand-Attack(*)
Dragon Rage(*)
Sandstorm(*)
Take Down(*)
Sand Tomb(*)
Slash(*)

Egg:
Outrage(*)
Rock Climb(*)
Iron Head(*)

TM:
Earthquake(*)
Roar(*)
Dig(*)

Swinub (F)
Nature: Jolly (+15% Speed, -1 Special Attack Rank, +10% Accuracy)

Ice: Ice STAB; immune to freezing and Sheer Cold, no vision loss or damage in Hail or snowstorm conditions, perfectly accurate and 30% Protect breaking Blizzard in Hail. Superior senses and mobility in frozen caves and other frigid arenas.

Ground: Ground STAB; Immune to all electrical attacks, can Dig through almost any substance, Evasive Digging reduced from 3 per action Energy Cost to 2 per action, superior senses in darkened cave surroundings.

Oblivious:(Innate) This Pokemon is incapable of being effected by Attract or Cute Charm.

Snow Cloak: (Innate) This Pokemon is used to snowy blizzard conditions and gains a 20% evasion boost during Hail. Pokemon with this ability are immune to Hail damage.

Thick Fat: (Innate) This Pokemon has a great deal of extra fat or muscle that increases its resistance to extreme heat or extreme cold, reducing the type effectiveness of Fire and Ice-typed attacks to the next level of resistance (2x weak becomes neutral, neutral becomes resistance, etc.)

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 58 (+)

EC: 3/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Tackle
Odor Sleuth
Mud Sport
Powder Snow
Mud-Slap
Endure
Mud Bomb
Icy Wind
Ice Shard
Earthquake

Icicle Crash
Body Slam
Rock Slide

Protect
Reflect
Light Screen

TravelLog orders
Kaxtar orders
me - Kaxtar - TravelLog - me - TravelLog - etc

Alright, good luck both of you, hope this is more fun than it looks like with the type disadvantages lol

Alright, this whole ice thing could be a problem, so lets try to make things turn in our favor! Start off with a sandstorm to get your evasion up, then use iron head, then dig and stay down until the start of the next round.

Actions:
Sandstorm~Iron Head~Dig and stay down until next round

edit (as per the following post by porygon3):
Iron Head, Iron Head, Dig and stay down until next round, if he uses Earthquake for the third action though, use your superior speed to emerge from below and attack

I forgot to put any emphasis on it in the original post, but the battle is no abilities. Looks like you didn't notice it in Kaxtar's response, so feel free to change your orders a bit if you want!

Is it actually perfect accuracy or is that only the case if I round up? I think it would only be 96.1% accurate. Didn't make a difference in this round anyway though

HP: 100

HP: 90

Here we are folks, in a totally random arena inside a traveling blimp! Both trainers send out their lone pokemon, a strange miniature dragon and an even stranger piglike creature. Should be a good battle, too bad it's probably not going to last very long though...

The nickname-less Swinub starts out by quickly freezing the roof of the ballroom, creating a ton of Icicles, and one of them falls down and Crashes right on top of Bahamut, the Gible! Bahamut doesn't want that to happen again, so he covers his head in metal and attacks with a big Iron Head!

Swinub sees that an Icicle Crash will not be as effective if she uses it the same way, since the Iron Head would shield some of the damage. So this time, she decides to freeze the floor between them and around herself! Bahamut is quick enough to avoid most of them, but after connecting with another Iron Head he ends up charging into another one icicle behind her that he had not seen! Ouch!

With her foe temporarily shocked by the impact of the icicle, Swinub somehow picks up one of the other nearby ones and uses it as a spear to attack Bahamut, just a few inches away, with another huge Icicle Crash! The force of it, although painful, snaps Bahamut back and he realizes he needs to get away. He continues running past Swinub and Digs underground on part of the arena that had not been frozen!

Suddenly, the blimp starts falling. Seems all this ice froze the pilot and he can't control it any more, causing it to crash! The arena is now an uninhabited island, large enough for the two pokemon but not much else. There's a giant tree to the side of them, and water in the distance, but nothing else of interest. Bahamut went back underground as soon as they arrived.

HP: 19
Energy: 79
Other: underground

HP: 56
Energy: 73
Other: none

Icicle Crash: 27 damage, 5 energy
Iron Head: 17 damage, 5 energy

Icicle Crash: 27 damage, 9 energy
Iron Head: 17 damage, 9 energy

Icicle Crash: 27 damage, 13 energy
Dig: 7 energy

Kaxtar, you're up!

Use Earthquake while he is underground for massive damage due to Earthquake's secondary effect. Then, use two Ice Shards to KO him.

Curse you Kaxtar! Well let's go out fighting, emerge from your dig and combine it with Iron Head (Dig+Iron Head), which should hopefully reduce the damage of ice shard, then nothing because of the combo.

HP: 19
Energy: 79
Other: underground

HP: 56
Energy: 73
Other: none

We start the round by seeing... only one pokemon? It seems Bahamut is nowhere to be found. Kaxtar orders Swinub to Earthquake, hoping to find it. The ground shakes, and eventually Bahamut is found: in mid attack, not stopped even by the power of the attack. He hits Swinub with a huge Dig + Iron Head combo, dealing a bit of extra damage because of the momentum from the critical Dig!

Now that both pokemon are above ground, Swinub uses a quick Ice Shard, dealing the last point of damage and winning the battle!

HP: 0
Energy: 0
Other: Fainted

HP: 22
Energy: 65
Other: Alive

Earthquake: 18 damage, 6 energy
Dig + Iron Head Combo: 34 damage, 12 energy

Ice Shard: KO, 2 energy

And that's the end of the battle! Sorry it ended so quickly, I enjoyed picking the random arena, kinda wish the battle had been longer so I could've done that some more

TravelLog and Kaxtar get 2 TC
Bahamut (Gible) gets 1 EC, 1 DC, and 2 MC
Swinub gets 1 EC, 1 DC, 2 MC, and 1 KO Counter

I get 2 ref counters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)