1v1 underwater! DFrog vs elDino!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Looking for a quick 1v1
3 day DQ (extensions are cool with me if you need them acceptor/ref)
In an underwater arena
2 recoveries/ 5 chills
I'll take this if I can. I assume you have weak mons, as I would like to train mine if I could.

All abilities.
No items

Totodile* (Steve) M
Nature: Naughty
Type: Water
Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Stats:
HP:90
Atk (+*): ****
Def: ***
SpA:**
SpD (-*): *
Spe: 43

Abilities:
Torrent (innate): When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)

DW:
Sheer Force (can be enabled): This Pokemon can energize all its attacks with secondary effect chances less than 100%. When Enabled, the Base Attack Power of every move with an effect chance less than 100% increases by two (2), but they will never have a secondary effect.

Moves:
Scratch*
Leer*
Water Gun*
Rage*
Bite*
Scary Face*
Ice Fang*

Hydro Pump*
Crunch*
Aqua Jet*

Dig*
Protect*
Ice Beam*

EC: 0/9
DW: 0/5
MC: 0

@elDino, it's underwater. =P totally not scyther or chansey pre-evo friendly!

Piplup Domination (Male)
Nature: Mild (Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Subtracts One (1) Rank From Defense)

Typing:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.

Abilities:
Torrent: When this Pokemon’s HP is lower than 33%, the base damage of any water attack is increased by two (2). (eg Water Pulse goes from 6 to 8, Hydro Pump from 12 to 14)
Defiant:(DW)The Pokemon has a deep sense of honor, and whenever one of its stats are decreased by an opponent's move, it's Attack increases by two (2) stages.(DW)

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 1 (-)
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 40

EC 0/9
MC 0
DW 0/5

Moves:

Pound
Growl
Bubble
Water Sport
Peck
Bide
Bubblebeam
Fury Attack

Agility
Hydro Pump
Featherdance

Ice Beam
Scald
Grass Knot

elDino's actions then DFrog's actions!

GO DOMINATION!

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeh, I guess you just sent out Piplup for me :)

First off, use Grass Knot to do some good damage, then use Scald to hopefully get a burn on him. Finally, finish off with another Grass Knot. If at any point he uses Protect, use Agility.

Start with by Leering at Piplup then swim towards him and deliver a Crunch and then Crunch him once more for good measure

Leer > Crunch > Crunch

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Domination (M)
90 HP
100 Energy

Steve (M)
90 HP
100 Energy

Round 1

Let's get wet!

Steve begins in this underwater battle by Leering angrily at Domination in fear that he may dominate him. As for Domination, he may be scared, but he still has the brain to battle! What, a Grass Knot you say? Hmm, well, you DO have seaweed to use! This is barely a usable source of Grass Knot, however, and seemingly reduces the amount of damage that a true Grass Knot would've done (tripping underwater anyone? =P).

After doing a somersault underwater, Steve, paddles toward Domination and gives him a nice loud CRUNCH! How strong and mighty that was! Domination waves the attack off and jets a Scalding attack underwater that does okay damage... nothing to worry about though. Looks like the coldness of the underwater prevented any burn from happening this action!

Steve wraps up his round by getting all over Domination, dominating him, and CRUNCHING his butt even more! Too bad there's no Defense drops, eh Steve? Domination just grabs a nearby seaweed and trips Steve up for uhh I have no idea how that did damage but it did. What a Grass Knot!

Domination
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/6 Energy
Scald 8 + 3 + (4.5) x .67 = 10 Damage/5 Energy

Steve
Leer 4 Energy
Crunch 8 + (4.5) + (1.5) = 14 Damage/6 Energy
Crunch 8 + (4.5) + (1.5) = 14 Damage/10 Energy

Domination (M)
62 HP
83 Energy
-1 Def

Steve (M)
54 HP
80 Energy

those crunches will add up i'm sure of it! especially when a -1 def drop kicks in.

DFrog's actions!

Crunch Crunch Steve's getting penguin for lunch. The put on your Scary Face, to make that penguin run away!

Crunch > Crunch > Scary Face

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, first off, use Feather Dance to remove the effect of that Leer, and then Grass Knot twice.

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Domination (M)
62 HP
83 Energy
-1 Def

Steve (M)
54 HP
80 Energy

Round 2

MUNCH MUNCH FEATHERS

Still thinking about eating, Steve swims toward his prey - Domination - and CRUNCHES his butt. It was delicious. After that, Domination does this mysterious FeatherDance that cheats on Steve, dropping his Attack by oh so much! This doesn't stop Steve from pulling off another Crunch, this time on the head! This gave Domination such a concussion that he had his Defense lowered! Domination doesn't really care and grabs the nearest (sea)weed, smokes it, and trips. Well, trip as in trip Steve with a Grass Knot! Steve just glares his Scary Face at Domination so that he's too scared to move. Or... too scared that he must forfeit? Yeah right. Domination just mans up and makes Steve somersault with another Grass Knot! This isn't looking too good!

Domination
FeatherDance 6 Energy
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/10 Energy

Steve
Crunch 8 + (4.5) + (1.5) = 14 Damage/14 Energy (it continues off from last round :) )
Crunch 8 + (4.5) - (1.5) = 11 Damage/18 Energy
Scary Face 6 Energy

Domination (M)
37 HP
61 Energy
-1 Def (perma), -1 Def (2 more rounds)
-2 Spe

Steve (M)
28 HP
42 Energy
-1 Atk (dropping toward 0 this round)

i didn't see featherdance in that movepool!

elDino's actions!

Okay lets try to end this in the next couple of of rounds. Crunch the penguin and try and finish your lunch, Protect your self from the seaweed the finish the round with a by Crunching Piplup's hind quarters.

Crunch > Protect > Crunch

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!

Domination (M)
37 HP
61 Energy
-1 Def (perma), -1 Def (2 more rounds)
-2 Spe

Steve (M)
28 HP
42 Energy
-1 Atk (dropping toward 0 this round)

Round 3

MORE MUNCH MUNCH FEATHERS

With much courage, Steve swims through and Crunches onto Domination even more, and this was tasty! However, he is met with a swift FeatherDance to the face, which effectively lowers his Attack even more! Noticing how jacked he's getting, Steve puts up a swift Protect and blocks the seaweed-made Grass Knot with impunity! Afterward, the two just duke it our with a Crunch and Grass Knot respectively... as always.

Can't I just bring a shark into the arena. :(

Domination
FeatherDance 6 Energy
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/6 Energy (BLOCKED)
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/10 Energy

Steve
Crunch 8 + (4.5) + (1.5) = 14 Damage/6 Energy
Protect 11 Energy
Crunch 8 + (4.5) - (1.5) = 11 Damage/6 Energy

Domination (M)
12 HP
39 Energy
-1 Def (perma), -1 Def (1 more rounds), -1 Def (2 more rounds)
-1 Spe

Steve (M)
15 HP
19 Energy
-2 Atk

nice work

DFrog's actions!

LETS FINISH THIS STEVE!!!
TIME TO EAT YOUR LUNCH!!! CRUNCH CRUNCH CRUNCH

Crunch x3

edit: OOOHHHHH the tension is killing me. Who will win the crocodile or the penguin?

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
sorry, i was watching a really awesome movie where a korean guy goes ninja and shoots/beats up every bad guy (the drug people) and like the mother... anyway.

Domination (M)
12 HP
39 Energy
-1 Spe

Steve (M)
15 HP
19 Energy
-2 Atk

Round 4

CRUNCH KNOT!

With the Speed advantage, Steve kicks into gear by swimming toward Domination and Crunching his face for massive damage! This leaves the penguin with exactly 1 HP! Domination struggles to grab onto a seaweed... but he does... and he Grass Knots Steve over! There he goes spinning into a somersault until... he notices he's still alive! By then, he's already paddling back to Domination and attempts to CRUNCH him up for one last draw. But wait, he doesn't have enough energy for this consecutive assault and, as a result, faints from exhaustion! Poor Steve!

Domination
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/14 Energy
Grass Knot 4 + (4.5) x 1.5 = 13 Damage/18 Energy (if in effect)

Steve
Crunch 8 + (4.5) + (1.5) = 11 Damage/10 Energy
Crunch 8 + (4.5) - (1.5) = 11 Damage/14 Energy

Domination (M)
1 HP
25 Energy
-1 Spe

Steve (M)
15 HP
-5 Energy
-2 Atk

gg! energy advantage gave Domination that win!

Rewards
DFrog > 2 Trainer Counters
- Domination > 1 KOC | 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
elDino > 2 Trainer Counters
- Steve > 1 EC | 2 MCs | 1 DC
Flora > 2 Ref Tokens

awwww. I thought I had enough energy too :(, but well done Steve, time to get you Superpower. Thanks for reffing Flora, and thanks for the great game elDino

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)