1v1 1v1LT Playoffs [Won by UnleashOurPassion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
alright time for interview #3, this time with the one and only UnleashOurPassion

Question #1: You finished as the 11th seed coming 3rd in cycle 3, are you satisfied with this result or do you think you could have done better?
Answer #1:
To be honest I was surprised when I qualified, I hadn't been trying at all and was using a team that was somewhat of a joke. In a way I'm sad that I couldn't qualify for real.

Question #2: So you are up against Charizard8888 this round this is not the first time you have faced in tournaments and the match seems to be quite hyped up, what is your outlook on this match and do you think you will win?

Answer #2: I'm not sure why I didn't expect difficult questions going into this...
I definitely think this match is going to be a highlight and will very likely end up in my little replay collection. Last time I struggled and eventually came out on top (pretend I didn't missclick). This time the circumstances are a little different, I have more time to prepare which I feel might actually cause me to lose to something I don't expect. I can't predict what's going to happen honestly.

Question #3: Are there any other matchups this round you are looking forward to?

Answer #3: Landon vs Gyffyrd is going to be a real highlight match this week. I feel like Giff is really underappreciated and Landon is a player who has proven to be able to easily match his skill. Rooting for my boy Giff tho sorry Landon.

Question #4: what player do you believe to be the most overrated player in this tournament?

Answer #4: Assuming I can't just say "UnleashOurPassion" and be done for this question (I'm overrated as hell)
partys over really isn't that good, sorry.

Question #5: any words to the other players in this tour?

Answer #5: Shoutout LSF! DEG

And this was it for interview #3 hope you enjoyed, i will be back with more questions for more people later.

~Iron Crusher

Hello it's everyone's favorite 1v1TL and absentee room owner here with some likely inaccurate predictions

WhalemanCheng vs motogp - motogp is arguably one of the most improved players in the entire meta over the course of SM 1v1 and WhalemanCheng has not done very much to prove himself up until now
partys over vs Downcoming3 - Downcoming's style of using the same teams with minor changes lends itself well to tournaments, but he's facing party dollar sign over, the god of 1v1, who prepares really well for this sort of thing. rosa parks will continue to lead the 1v1 civil rights movement
Wrath of Alakazam vs XSTATIC COLD - battle of the people who rage too much was won by the one who rages more, makes sense
UBERLandon21 vs gyffyrd - Landon was weirdly unstoppable in world cup of 1v1. I'm taking the man of accidental italics, Landon__A__21, in this one, though gyffyrd is a very successful ladderer
Scraftionite vs Chickenpie2 - I have no idea who these people are, though I vaguely recognize the latter name so if I had to predict a winner, it would be him
charizard8888 vs UnleashOurPassion - This is my favorite 1v1 "rivalry" and by far the best match of this week, though it's a shame it's happening so early in the tournament. zard8888 seems to often have the upper hand in this matchup for whatever reason, maybe because of increased teambuilding variety or something, but UOP has the deadly combination of skilled predictions and almost unprecedented luck.
toadandhishaxx vs The Official Glyx - I do not know exactly why, but Glyx is seemingly unstoppable in Smogon 1v1 tournaments.
Santu vs dusk raimon - I do not know Santu, and if raimon can continue to channel his gen 6 form, he'll win this easily

alright for interview #4 we have the rising star Scraftionite

Question #1: you managed to finish seed 13 by getting 1st in cycle 4, what tactics did you use if any and are you happy with this position?

Answer #1: Being new to the meta my tactics were watching people who did qualify and understand their level of play, once confident enough I decided to try myself with the help of raimon and motogp.
Getting 1st was just a nice achievement for me.
there are going to be bigger obstacles against me and I need to be prepared

Question #2: for round 1 you are paired against Chickenpie2 are you looking forward to the match and do you have confidence in your ability to win?

Answer #2:
Looking at my matchup, I was happy knowing I wasn't going to be obliterated by Wrath or XSC, but I think it will be very interesting giving how us both are like the new trainers that joined the club of aces. As per confidence, I try to keep it high and just the slightest despair could change anything.

Question #3: is there any match you are looking forward to seeing this round?

Answer #3:
All the matches are interesting to me but as long as I see my favorite players win I think I will have a good time. If iI were to be paired against someone else though, I'd want raimon or motogp as they both helped me succeed and it would be cool to face.

Question #4: Who do you as a new player think has the highest chance of winning this tournament?

Answer #4:
Thats actually a tough question, I feel like Wrath, DC3, XSC would be the ones making it far in the tour, but I do have respects for the rest of the qualifiers.

Question #5: Any words for your fellow qualifiers?

Answer #5:
I may be the new kid around here, but I will fight strong no matter the opponent. Wishing everyone good luck and have fun

Thus we end this interview on a confident note, more interviews coming until then have fun people.

~Iron Crusher

Felucia

Robot Empress
is a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
alright for interview #4 we have the rising star Scraftionite

Question #1: you managed to finish seed 13 by getting 1st in cycle 4, what tactics did you use if any and are you happy with this position?

Answer #1: Being new to the meta my tactics were watching people who did qualify and understand their level of play, once confident enough I decided to try myself with the help of raimon and motogp.
Getting 1st was just a nice achievement for me.
there are going to be bigger obstacles against me and I need to be prepared

Question #2: for round 1 you are paired against Chickenpie2 are you looking forward to the match and do you have confidence in your ability to win?
Answer #2: Looking at my matchup, I was happy knowing I wasn't going to be obliterated by Wrath or XSC, but I think it will be very interesting giving how us both are like the new trainers that joined the club of aces. As per confidence, I try to keep it high and just the slightest despair could change anything.
Question #3: is there any match you are looking forward to seeing this round?
Answer #3:
All the matches are interesting to me but as long as I see my favorite players win I think I will have a good time. If iI were to be paired against someone else though, I'd want raimon or motogp as they both helped me succeed and it would be cool to face.

Question #4: Who do you as a new player think has the highest chance of winning this tournament?
Answer #4:
Thats actually a tough question, I feel like Wrath, DC3, XSC would be the ones making it far in the tour, but I do have respects for the rest of the qualifiers.

Question #5: Any words for your fellow qualifiers?
Answer #5: I may be the new kid around here, but I will fight strong no matter the opponent. Wishing everyone good luck and have fun

Thus we end this interview on a confident note, more interviews coming until then have fun people.

~Iron Crusher
Good luck to Scraftionite

Santu

is a Tiering Contributoris the 9th Grand Slam Winneris a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
yea lost to raimon gg always my luck was bad I didn't flinch and drop on the unfort g2 but its ok gl future rounds, also very thanks to my friend r0spe for giving/tests teams.

For my next interview we have Downcoming3

Question #1: so are you excited for this tour and do you believe you have a good chance to win?

Answer #1: I am excited for this tournament! It's a real honor being able to battle partys because everybody keeps saying how he is really good and how he's gonna whoop me hard. I feel like I don't have that great of a chance to win. Everybody keeps saying how partys is so much better than me in every way.

Question #2: Is there anyone you would like to play against next round?

Answer #2: I would like to play against WhalemanCheng because I want revenge for him constantly dropping me in ladder xD He knows my team and I know his team(s) pretty well. WhalemanCheng is really good at reading me. I always overpredict when battling Whalemancheng lol. Whale is a very formiddable opponent. I also know that WhalemanCheng is not a c-teamer.
Are you against C-teaming in a tournament?: I am against c-teaming. I mean, people should just have like 4 or 5 teams ready and not change them to counter their opponent's team(s). People always say that I'm a c-teamer (*cough* *cough* XSTATIC COLD). I might use a different team for the tournament. There are some people who tell me to never switch my team. And there are others who tell me to switch up my teams so people don't know what to expect.

Question #3: is there a battle this round you are looking forward to?

Answer #3: I wanna see UBERLandon21 vs gyffyrd (not sure if they battled already or not). I wish to see how gyff was able to surpass me during cycle 1 final minute :/. I wanna see if people say gyff is as good people say. And also, UBERLandon21 has so many mons that beat my team lol. He goes around helping people (nice thing) and gives them some nice Pokemon to counter me specifically (bad thing).

Question #4: what tactics if any did you use while laddering and are you satisfied with your position as 2nd seed?

Answer #4:
My tactic was flawless. I used the same team over and over so people recognized me for what I used. Then that gives the people to c-team me and show their true colors. My tactic was foolproof!!! Using that sweet strategy, I actually held 1st seed for 99% of cycle 1. Though I held that 1st seed for most of the time, gyff was able surpass me final minute of cycle 1 and I ended up with 2nd seed. I'm disappointed in my efforts to get 1st seed in cycle 1. Even though people didn't really think I was good enough, I wanted to get that sweet seat to put my butt on.

Question #5: Any words left for your fellow players in this tour?

Answer #5: I don't think I'm gonna be in the tournament for long because I have a strong feeling that I'm not gonna win any rounds. I wish the best of luck to whoever is gonna win the 1v1 Tournament!!! It's an honor being able to qualify and participate in this super long process. And being able to battle these great players who deserve (earned) to be here. You guys put a lot of time and effort into this tournament. So be proud of yourselves and be greatful that you qualified and others didn't.

and on that note we end interview #5, hope you all enjoyed and ty DC for answering my questions.

~Iron Crusher

Last edited:
"I don't think I'm gonna be in the tournament for long because I have a strong feeling that I'm not gonna win any rounds."
I would like to respond to this with another quote: "The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are usually both right."

Tol

Retirement house
I don't think I'm gonna be in the tournament for long because I have a strong feeling that I'm not gonna win any rounds.
All other self-deprecating good players please exit to the right, you're fucking with my predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)