XY NU [20:33:23] +Gizmo: call it the scooters

Scotti

we back.
scooters

Introduction

Uh hello, this is scotti and today I am laddering in uu on pokemon showdown.... Anyway, so school is about to start up again and i decided to make an rmt before i get way to busy. I built this team in a few minutes, but it ended up being extremely good. My goal with this team was to peak number 1. Sadly, that didn't work out as I got to around 1580 and got haxed badly. I went down to 1540 and I decided that it would be too much of an hassle to try and get to 1600. In the end I rmt'd the team before getting number 1, but who cares the ladder sucks. Anyway onto the rmt.
Teambuilding Process

I wanted to make a hazard stacking team around omastar after seeing New breeds RU rmt. Omastar overall is a really cool pokemon and one of the best hazard stacking mons in the tier.

During my first round of LC Open I found out misdreavus was a god. Once it got banned from LC, I decided maybe it might be some what good in NU. I open mu damage calc and found out that defensive miss spinblocked the entire tier, and so I had to add it. I also wanted to use cacturne after seeing either Zebraiken or FLCL (forgot which one) use a trick room team with cacturne.

Goomy told me that double dance rhydon destroys stall, and so I used it. Just saying it only destroys stall that lack tangela. In the end I changed it to swords dance + 3 attack, because I needed away to defeat stall with tangela.

I decided to use Khan, because Fake Out + Hazards damage rack up pretty fast. Khan also helped against gatr who could be a huge problem for my team if cacture was dead.

I added Mesprit, because I really just wanted to use healing wish lel. Also I get rekt by Will-o-wisp so I could use something that could get rid of it and doesn't care about it.

The Squad

flcl so smart (Omastar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Icy Wind

Ok this here is the god omastar set. The goal of the team is to hazard stack and lead omastar does this easily. I got the idea of using lead omastar from seeing new breed ru rmt. The set is pretty much the same, but Icy Wind > Ice Beam. I made the change once I saw flcl use Icy Wind on his, so I was like thats a good idea and I stole it I: Anyway weak armor are for mons that attack me on the physical side and give me a speed boost.

aerow (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

What is a spiritomb..... seriously. Misdreavus is a god at spinblocking. It spinblocks every mon in the tier easily. Taunt is mostly for cryogonals that carry recover. Another reason for taunt is that this team has problems with stall sometimes, so taunt comes in handy for that reason. I got the idea from the set from the ou counterpart stall breaking gengar. This is also good against fighting mons as it eats knock off's for days.

giz da lord (Cacturne) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

One of the strongest mons in NU imo. Base 115, SD, Life orb Sucker Punch does a lot of damage to anything. With shiftry gone this Grass Dark type is the best in the tier. I most use this thing to sweep late game or punch hole in my opponents team. Another great thing about cacturne is that it is one of the best gatr checks in the tier. It basically forces the gatr user not to aqua jet or waterfall thanks to water absorb. Not only that, because you have sucker punch he has to take the sucker punch damage to damage you. Cacturne is suprisingly a great mon and should be used a lot more.

the goomy <3 (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

This thing destroys stall teams. Also shoutout to The Goomy for showing me the power of double dance rhydon. This used to be double dance rhydon, but tangela is a threat. I changed it to SD + 3 Attacks so it could destroy tangela and stall. This thing is also my counter to Belly Drum slurpuff, and normal spam. It also keeps me from getting completely destroyed by mons on fire spam. The ev spread allows me to outpace tangela, which is a huge threat to this team. A godly mon and set right here.​

cap the god (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Frustration
- Drain Punch

Khan is here to abuse hazards + fake out damage. Khan is an extremely good mon. Fake out helps out with soo many threats it is unreal. Basically Fake out + Sucker Punch + Hazards damage is a good way to weaken mons on offensive and defensive team alike. Khan is also like the destroyer of offense with hazards up. Frustration also punches holes in stall teams, however you can also use double edge. The down side to double edge is that if the opponent gets a few layer of hazards up, Khan will die quickly.

glass glaceon (Mesprit) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Finally you have my last mon mesprit. Mesprit is a god in this tier. You don't know what it is going to do. It can run Banded, scarf, AV, life, mixed, and rocks. Mes is one of the most versatile mons in the tier and that is why it was my last choice. Ok the real reason I pick it was, because healing wish is soo fun to abuse. I healing wish cacture, missy, khan, omastar, rhydon, I healing wish EVERYTHING. Seriously speaking, mes helps against fighting mons and help out against stall with psyshock. The ev's let me hit hard, give me some extra bulk, and out speed gatr. Healing Wish is most used on khan or cacturne, because sometimes I have to use Cacturne early game.
Conclusion
I really wanted to make a quick rmt before school started, so I pick one of my good teams for this occasion. I am probably going to start becoming really busy, but I am still going to come on once in awhile (mostly because I am still in grand slam). Anyway I hope you enjoyed, so plz leave a rate, comment, and lets exceed the like goal of 5000000000000000000000000000000000000000000. I luv u guys <3

some shoutouts WARNING REALLLY LONG
Gizmozian GIZ YOUR A REALLY NICE DUDE AND I LUV YOU, but seriously your one of the nicest guys I have met on PS. Also ty for helping me in ru and ghosting me :3
Seevea Your a hilarious dude. One of my best friends on smogon and ps. Even tho your smell you are a great friend.
Logic. WOW YOU R A NUB nice name change it is ugly asfuq. jk the name change isn't that bad lel. Your a great friend almighty leader of frost.
Capteon ty for the ru teams friend. You builds are great accept for that one that get 6-0'd by lanturn, but besides that gj ur a great fren <3
Emmy2 you and your stall teams r da best. It was fun helping you with your team building problems. Your such a nice person overall :]
MattL BEST BOSS AWARD :]
The Goomy You're one of mah best frens on smogon and ps. I remember meeting you back when you were still muddy rain in bw. That is probably where your opening for your vid comes from :]
Yolocalypse One of the first people i met on ps. Your a really chill and funny guy. You should come int he ou room more often.
A Terrakion You're a really cool and chill guy. You make some great teams and you should get a badge for all the work you have done around smogon :]
Draeden Your a chill guy drae and you're p funny. You're also a great battler keep it up fren
The DragonKnight We don't talk a lot, but when we do talk you are pretty chill
TheEnder You're a great battler fren. I can't wait to see you carrying a trophy by your smogon username. Also where is mah shoutout in your rmt -_- :]
Drugs A GOD AT POKEMON you are an extremely chill guy and a great battler here on smogon. You should really aim for a trophy fren
fingerscrossed In a few months you are going to be taking home trophies. One of the chillest guys I know and a great battler.
Nog The 7ft 8inch, black, idm, god of pokemon. You're one of the chillest guys I have met and a god at mons. You even invented the infernog. :]
Detective Dell MATTL IS THE BETTER BOSS :3
ben gay Ben you're a great battler and a great fren. You be bringin wierd team wherever you go and somehow they are good. you are like one of the first people i met when starting mah competitive poke career. You are a really great fren
oSeasons LADDER HEROES UNITE You made be mah first fren on showdown. You are a really chill and funny person also r u still asian????????
sugarhigh y do u get muted sooo much???? Your also one of the first people I have when starting on showdown and you r so hilarious. Go win me some trophies plz because you r pretty good.
C05ta get gud again
Volty I met you like a month ago, but in this month i have found out that you are a really cool person :]
Turducken64 bro you make some of the coolest teams, keep it up bro :]
TFL y r u so cool. BRO you should have got your stall team into archive you literally created XY Stall. Your make good teams fren
Ajwf Your a really good fren aj. Don't let anyone put you down :] Also your stall teams r creative asfuq
Zamrock Ty for that team with bulky thundy :]
CTC Ty for that voice in the idm room even tho it doesn't matter LEL
Soulgazer Your a pretty chill dude and a great battler. Ty for the kiss after that 1 tour tho :]
Chillarmy Biggest troll i know
SansNickel Your a very responsible dude I have a feeling that your gonna get mod in the ou room soon, with all the work you have been doing
Jukain TY FOR THE KNOWLEDGE FREN, SOOO SMART IN POKEMON :]
Srn9130 EVEN tho you make fun of me your a cool dude and a great fren. Also nice badge
Aerow NICE badge and ty for those LC teams they are good asfuq
GlassGlaceon TY for the LC teams also and nice badge also LEL
OrdA Get on some more :3
Kushalos UU lord giving teams to charity
shartruce2 You're a cool dude fren. You should play in tours more since you are reallly good.
Iplaytennislol BP LORD OF NU annoying asfuq. your a cool dude tho, but your team arent :]
Brawlfest you make some good teams and give away good teams also ;3
Bobby REKT Your a really cool and funny dude. I was glad to meet you :]
Flan76 WHERE THE FUQ IS YOUR HIPPOWDOWN AVATAR NOW ITS UGLY luv u fren <3
deadflame you should play more dude. You were a p good fren
ShootingStarmie your bad at pokemon
Subject 18 you r a great user and a great battler. I remember when we met in gen 5 and made that warstory :3 you a great fren :]
AM145 u r a chill dude am, mostly because you laugh at mah jokes :]
Sapphire. Your such a good fren we should talk more, since we haven't talked in awhile :3
XenoBlade911 Your a good fren, but you need to stop down playing your skill. I think you r pretty good at battling.
Halcyon. I only like you because of your name....... no seriously.........ok your name is cool but your also a chill guy.
rdjacobian TST you're fat, but besides that your a great fren and p good battlers
raiderrocker18 PLAY ME IN CHESS AGAIN FGT
JTangarang Why did u hav to be soo good looking <3 <3 <3 <3 10/10 Talk more in chat tho you're a nice girl and could get voice easily :]
Kazuma Yato Telling verlisify and his fans how it is. Your also a chill guy to talk to :]
daftmau5 your ugly :# :]
habajiga y is your name so wierd. jk but you are a good guy and a p good battler keep it up
Cinco Diablo MAH HOME GIRL <3 WIN IS THE MARRIAGE
Dallaren :] :] :] one of mah best frens that I have on showdown. it is fun defeating you in random battles get gud fren. Your also a great ou battler tho and a chill fren :]
Starline did u die???
MCBarrett did u die
Kidogo did u die also????
AceStarThe3rd atleast you didn't die lel anyway your a great battler and a pro at stall also nice channel :]
Hyunation I subscribed O: O: O:
Mob Barley You should play in some tours on smogon. You are really good. I really hope this is you and not someone with your name.
Murkrow Jupiter You should also play in tours on smogon. You and mob are both really good at ou. PLZ BE MURK
Lil Manaphy plz be lil manaphy anyway you are really good and very beautiful one of mah home girls <3 :]
MushMonkey sometimes you can be really annoying, but you r a pretty good battler and fren
f*ck christmas we need to talk more fren haven't talked to you since that rain vs sand thing
Disorient your a funnny dude and you actually laugh at mah jokes :]
FLCL you were mah idol on smogon. I always wanted to be as good as you and it is still is mah goal. I hope one day I can get there
@kumming woldog PLAY MORE
@agentabsol COME ON MORE
Raik one of the first people I have met on showdown. we r frens since the strategy room days.
Tesung you challenge me way too much but you are a great fren :]
Reverb Happy Birthday :]

ALSO shoutout to the double and ou community you guys are great in made mah time on showdown worth wile. Also sorry to anyone i missed in the shoutout if i missed you, you can remind me.

I am not leaving smogon, but I am going to be on a lot less. Maybe like for an hour a day or something. I am also going to be on, on weekends. High School is going to be a lot of work, so I am going to be very busy. FINALLLY

I am tired asfuq and I am going to sleep. Mah grammar probably sucks by now so night nighte

Importable SO U CAN STEAL
flcl so smart (Omastar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Icy Wind

aerow (Misdreavus) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

giz da lord (Cacturne) @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Seed Bomb

cap the god (Kangaskhan) (F) @ Silk Scarf
Ability: Scrappy
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Sucker Punch
- Frustration
- Drain Punch

the goomy <3 (Rhydon) @ Eviolite
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

glass glaceon (Mesprit) @ Life Orb
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

The Goomy

Whitest Mexican Alive
Powerful team scotti. :]

One issue I can see if fire spam with defog support. :S

Rhydon can't reliably switch in over and over, so it needs to come in after it kills something and that can be troublesome (Power Herb Solarbeam Rapidash is real as shit)

One way to remedy this is to change Kanga to AV > Silk Scarf. Other than that solid team.

Defog is really uncommon and hazard stacking is amazing in NU right now. :S

I'm glad I convinced you to get into NU. :] gj

soulgazer

I FEEL INFINITE
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey scotti, nice team :)

I like the idea of using Misdreavus over Mismagius for a bulkier Ghost-type that can stallbreak, but I think a faster spread might benefit your team more as Ice Punch Swords Dance Feraligatr seems really annoying to your team at the moment:

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

56 Speed EVs with a Timid Nature allows Misdreavus to outspeed 64 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe variants of Feraligatr and allows Misdreavus to Taunt it before it gets to Swords Dance and to cripple it with Will-O-Wisp before it does too much damage to you. You could also go with a even faster spread of 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe with a Timid Nature to outspeed Max Speed Adamant Feraligatr and Max Speed Modest Mesprit, but I would only use this spread if you find Max Speed Feraligatr to be more common than the bulkier spreads. Using a faster EV spread will also allow you to outspeed some leads such as Omastar, Crustle, Kricketune, Golem, and Spikes Cacturne and prevent them from setting up entry hazards!

I am also going to suggest you to run Energy Ball > Ice Beam on Mesprit as it will gives you better coverage overall as Mesprit will now be able to do more damage to Feraligatr (giving you another check to it), Seismitoad, and Rhydon. Mesprit shouldn't really miss having Ice Beam as the stuff that Mesprit would use it against are 2HKOed by Psychic and Dazzling Gleam anyway.

Hope I helped!

Hey scotti ^.^. Backing up Soulgazer 's changes but also feel that the team is pretty weak to opposing dark types. Stuff like opposing SD Cacturne, Liepard, or SD Pawniards can do a lot of work, so I do somewhat worry. I do realize that you have stuff to somewhat check each, but they are rather difficult for you to deal with. For this reason I reccomend running Bulk Up Gurdurr over Rhydon. I feel that you aren't really that weak to flying types due to insane priority across the board, SR, etc. and just feel that Gurdurr can somewhat nullify the threat that Dark types pose to you!

Outside of that cool team! You rekt me with it earlier but I suck so that means nothing!!! ^.^

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off

Scotti

we back.
Powerful team scotti. :]

One issue I can see if fire spam with defog support. :S

Rhydon can't reliably switch in over and over, so it needs to come in after it kills something and that can be troublesome (Power Herb Solarbeam Rapidash is real as shit)

One way to remedy this is to change Kanga to AV > Silk Scarf. Other than that solid team.

Defog is really uncommon and hazard stacking is amazing in NU right now. :S

I'm glad I convinced you to get into NU. :] gj
AV Khan looks like a great suggestion, and I would try it out once I get the chance. Fire spam really is a threat to this team, and I usually have to play well around it. This change can work really well. Ty fren :]

Hey scotti, nice team :)

I like the idea of using Misdreavus over Mismagius for a bulkier Ghost-type that can stallbreak, but I think a faster spread might benefit your team more as Ice Punch Swords Dance Feraligatr seems really annoying to your team at the moment:

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

56 Speed EVs with a Timid Nature allows Misdreavus to outspeed 64 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe variants of Feraligatr and allows Misdreavus to Taunt it before it gets to Swords Dance and to cripple it with Will-O-Wisp before it does too much damage to you. You could also go with a even faster spread of 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe with a Timid Nature to outspeed Max Speed Adamant Feraligatr and Max Speed Modest Mesprit, but I would only use this spread if you find Max Speed Feraligatr to be more common than the bulkier spreads. Using a faster EV spread will also allow you to outspeed some leads such as Omastar, Crustle, Kricketune, Golem, and Spikes Cacturne and prevent them from setting up entry hazards!

I am also going to suggest you to run Energy Ball > Ice Beam on Mesprit as it will gives you better coverage overall as Mesprit will now be able to do more damage to Feraligatr (giving you another check to it), Seismitoad, and Rhydon. Mesprit shouldn't really miss having Ice Beam as the stuff that Mesprit would use it against are 2HKOed by Psychic and Dazzling Gleam anyway.

Hope I helped!
These changes seem to be really good. I already made both changes as they seem to be really well. I don't even know why I ran ice beam on mesprit lel. Ty for the rate soul :]

Hey scotti ^.^. Backing up Soulgazer 's changes but also feel that the team is pretty weak to opposing dark types. Stuff like opposing SD Cacturne, Liepard, or SD Pawniards can do a lot of work, so I do somewhat worry. I do realize that you have stuff to somewhat check each, but they are rather difficult for you to deal with. For this reason I reccomend running Bulk Up Gurdurr over Rhydon. I feel that you aren't really that weak to flying types due to insane priority across the board, SR, etc. and just feel that Gurdurr can somewhat nullify the threat that Dark types pose to you!

Outside of that cool team! You rekt me with it earlier but I suck so that means nothing!!! ^.^

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
Bulk Up Gurdurr seems like a cool mon, though it creates a huge weakness to BD Slurpuff. Rhydon is my main check to slurpuff as it can live a +6 Play Rough. Without it I could very well get swept'd by slurpuff. The only mon I could really replace for gurdurr is khan, but khan offers a lot of support in general with fake out. I will try gurdurr out anyway, because it might help better overall. Ty for the rate :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)