2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Just reminding everybody that the olympics isn't real football and Spain losing to japan has no actual bearing on anything worthwhile

>.> yeah so it's only in south america where people do care about olympic football

btw oscar is raping egypt, i can't wait for when he grows and starts raping man utd and liverpool >:D

------------------Cech-------------------
---------D.Luiz-----------Terry------------
Ivanovic------------------------------Cole
------------Mikel----Lampard--------------
----------------Oscar---------------------
Mata--------------------------------Hazard
-----------------Torres--------------------

Subs: Cahill, Marin, Sturridge, Lukaku, Oriol Romeu, Essien, De Bruyne
I was under the impression Di Matteo was planning to use Mata as a Second Striker. Either, here's what I think Chelsea will be like.

------------------Cech-------------------
New RB*--------Ivanovic---------Terry---------Cole
------------Mikel---------Lampard
Ramires-------------Mata------------------Hazard
-----------------Torres--------------------

Subs: Turnbull, Luiz, Cahill, Meireles, Marin, Oscar, Sturridge

Notable Reserves: Bertrand, Romeu, Essien, Malouda, Lukaku.

*Possibly Simpson

Yep, Oscar will be a sub at the beginning but he plays very well and I think he'll be a first team player by the middle of the season and altough he's a trequartista I am pretty sure Mata will play in that position and he'll be used as an Right Winger (which he can also do) untill he gets more experience/gets more used to the physical english game. Either way he'll be constantly swapping positions with the spaniard.

When that happens there will probrably be 6 very good players fighting for a position in the middle of the park (and let's not forget Ramires and Oscar can be played as central midfielders as well). A new right back would be nice since Luiz is too shaky bth Ivanovic is way better in the right flank then in the middle of the defense and it wouldn't change THAT much.I'd rather buy another Central Defender seeing that Terry is not a kid anymore

Anyways, I am eagering to see AVB's Tottenham this season too ;D

And nobody cares about Italian soccer but my Juventus is building a hell of squad and is one Striker away from being UCL champion material (I am hoping they'll bring Cavani but it'll probrably be Jovetic)

Yep, Oscar will be a sub at the beginning but he plays very well and I think he'll be a first team player by the middle of the season and altough he's a trequartista I am pretty sure Mata will play in that position and he'll be used as an Right Winger (which he can also do) untill he gets more experience/gets more used to the physical english game. Either way he'll be constantly swapping positions with the spaniard.

When that happens there will probrably be 6 very good players fighting for a position in the middle of the park (and let's not forget Ramires and Oscar can be played as central midfielders as well). A new right back would be nice since Luiz is too shaky bth Ivanovic is way better in the right flank then in the middle of the defense and it wouldn't change THAT much.I'd rather buy another Central Defender seeing that Terry is not a kid anymore

Anyways, I am eagering to see AVB's Tottenham this season too ;D

And nobody cares about Italian soccer but my Juventus is building a hell of squad and is one Striker away from being UCL champion material (I am hoping they'll bring Cavani but it'll probrably be Jovetic)
I've read that Mata will be given time off till some point in September, as he hasn't had a proper rest since last summer, due to playing at the Euros and now the Olympics. I'm sure Oscar will get a few starts in that time. After that period, I'm inclined to think he'll be coming off the bench most of the time and being a solid rotation option, as Ramires has proved himself on the right time and time again. That is unless he pulls off some amazing performances, of course.

Also, I agree that Ivanovic is too good as a RB for us to be going for another one just to replace him and play him in the middle. The fact is that Chelsea is competing in numerous competitions this year and will need options for rotation. Currently the first backup option for Ivanovic is Paulo Ferreira, which isn't exactly encouraging. I'm not sure how much they'll need to acquire another CB in this window, as if they get another RB, they'll have 3 of them, and an option to play Ivanovic there as well.

I've been watching Juve's transfers and I agree, they're building a great squad(not just a starting XI). It certainly looks like they'll be in a great position to win the Serie A for the next few years. I agree that Cavani is pretty much perfect for their needs currently, but he's reportedly asking for 150 k per week wages and his transfer would be very costly, so I'm not sure Juve can really afford him. Doubt they'll be coughing up 30 mil for Jovetic either though, and Fiorentina's owner seems pretty adamant about meeting that figure. I'm sure they'll pick up someone good eventually.

Yeah, you're right about the RB thing. I Forgot they shipped Bosingwa. And I didn't say a thing about Sturridge which is one fo the most underrated players in that squad

About Juventus, they don't have the 50 mi to pay Cavani's price tag ... They don't have the money to get RVP as well (there were some rumours about it). But I'm pretty adamant they buy Jovetic or a player with the same calibre ... which isn't the best option but maybe it will do it ... and their starting eleven is pretty amazing with this player imo ... they're way better then both Milan sides (which did nothing but weaken their squads this summer), I am still waiting for their last moves and rooting for something bigger in the european stage. Here's how it would look:

Buffon
Isla/Liescheitner, Chielinni, Bonucci/Barzagli, Ziegler/Chielinni/De Ciegle/new LB
Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio/Asamoah
Vucinic, new ST, Giovinco
Subs: Lucio, Caceres, Melo, S. Pepe, Giaccherini, Krasic, Quagliarella, Matri, Iaquinta (two of the last 4 and Melo will probrably be sold)

City, Madrid and Barcelona are being quite quiet this summer ... I am wondering if they'll do any bolder and/or expensive moves

Lee

@ Thick Club
The FA have charged John Terry following his altercation with Anton Ferdinand. Likely to get hit with a hefty fine and a 8 game ban since that's what Suarez got for virtually the same offence iirc

not that the FA are even remotely consistent with this sorta thing but w/e

City are quiet because they need to unload players before signing more
except they cant unload the players because they won't take the wage cuts. thats why they are quiet

Lee

@ Thick Club
You are a Liverpool fan associating with the Sun, pretty sure that's a huge act of treason.

Oh and only an hour ago West Ham denied the whole Andy Carroll thing so yeah.

great performance, these players are doing themselves proud, even if team GB is missing a few better players in defence.
glad that people grabbing the ball when falling down etc are getting booked for it as well, instead of getting the free kick, that annoys me no end.
Both sides look good, hoping GB woman make it to the semis, the winner of that will probably win the gold.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Siggy scores!

I know I'm an Arsenal fan, but that was a great goal and he looks like a really great player tbh.
Predicting Liverpool fans to say it was all luck and that hes just a meh player and that they didnt want him anyways.

Also Cazorla at Arsenal would be pretty cool, he had one hell of a season last year and seems to just get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)