2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Torres is better than him
He scored thirteen goals in all competitions last season despite playing in a position he is uncomfortable in(Plus he hardly featured after AVB got sacked).Torres was nowhere near that despite getting more play time.And idc about how he 'looks" phalanx;he gets on the scoresheet which is more than Torres can do.Not to mention he's faster,younger,taller and more confident.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
RVP is allegedly already signing for Juventus and seems like it may happen, so id go with someone over RVP there.

funny coincidence: last time arsenal bought a german, a spaniard, and a french was the season the invincibles happened.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Will actually eat my own hat if RVP signs for Juventus, it's too much of a step down.

And Sturridge is a far more potent player than Torres right now - it's amazing how Torres still gets so much respect when he's been shite for two seasons now. It's long past 'a bad spell' now.

Juventus aren't going to get any marquee signing (rvp or suarez) because serie a is shit and it turns out they cheated last season when they were unbeaten (no surprise at all).

RVP is strange, he wants to go to a club with history... rules out city then.
but is also set to turn down juve because of the match fixing thing today.

teams want Suarez? lol

He scored thirteen goals in all competitions last season despite playing in a position he is uncomfortable in(Plus he hardly featured after AVB got sacked).Torres was nowhere near that despite getting more play time.And idc about how he 'looks" phalanx;he gets on the scoresheet which is more than Torres can do.Not to mention he's faster,younger,taller and more confident.
Lol thats your opinion, I think Torres contributes more to the team and looked more dangerous too me at the closing stages of the season, I know STurridge did not play as much but still.Not to mention if you actually watch the runs Torres makes off the ball but silly players like Lampard and Sturridge go and shoot for the half line instead I understand why he doesnt score that much, he thrives on thos balls, thats why he was so dangerous at Liverpool because Gerrard and Alonso fed him, with Marin, Oscar , Hazard and Mata in the side Torres is going to be so fucking deadly next season its not funny.You probably want Sturridge to play for some reason but truth is even if Torres was carrying terrible form into the season which he is not he would still be first choice in the upcoming season because of his price tag so yeah.I dont wanna argue about this you can see STurridge sit on the bench for your own eyes next season, he is no better than Torres, English people here are biased and as for the wide position, Mata , Hazard and Marin all beat him.

Peace.

Oh and @phalanx-Nothing wrong with teams wanting good players ;)

I believe RVP did all this on purpose.. just to force Arsenal to buy a lot of quality players to prove they indeed are ambitious.

RVP will then sign a contract, be pleased.

Rooney situation 2.0

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I believe RVP did all this on purpose.. just to force Arsenal to buy a lot of quality players to prove they indeed are ambitious.

RVP will then sign a contract, be pleased.

Rooney situation 2.0
The dream of every Arsenal supporter. Would be pretty awesome if that ends up happening.

Juventus aren't going to get any marquee signing (rvp or suarez) because serie a is shit and it turns out they cheated last season when they were unbeaten (no surprise at all).

From what I've read about the trial, though it involves Juve indirectly, as Conte is on trial, it's not actually about match fixing for Juventus games. It's about him "failing to report match-fixing in two games in the 2010-11 season when he was coach of Siena, then in Serie B."

Also, RVP does have a higher chance of winning trophies at Juve, as they're in a much better position in the Serie A than Arsenal is in in the EPL. That said, I doubt he's going there.

Downing scored.

*world explodes*

In seriousness, good for him. He was better then people say he was last season because Suarez and Carroll were just never scoring from his great passes and he got unlucky encounters with the post multiples times when he shot on goal. Rodgers also got his first official win in his first official game as well so that's pretty sweet as well.

Szczesny
Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - Monreal
Song - Arteta
Cazorla - RVP - Podolski
Giroud

Be ready for it.​
Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - new LB

Walcott/Gervinho - Song - Arteta - Cazorla

Giroud - RVP

Notable Subs: Fabianski, Mertesacker, Andre Santos, Gibbs, Frimpong, Wilshere, Rosicky The Ox, Walcott/Gervinho (whichever one doesn't start), Podolski.

Dang Arsenal look deep, considering that was off the top of my head after seeing Phadunk's.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Downing scored.

Szczesny

Sagna - Koscielny - Vermaelen - new LB

Walcott/Gervinho - Song - Arteta - Cazorla

Giroud - RVP

Notable Subs: Fabianski, Mertesacker, Andre Santos, Gibbs, Frimpong, Wilshere, Rosicky The Ox, Walcott/Gervinho (whichever one doesn't start), Podolski.

Dang Arsenal look deep, considering that was off the top of my head after seeing Phadunk's.
We will not be buying a new left back imo. Gibbs is quite good imo, and Santos is good enough to come in when Gibbs needs a rest, and lastly Vermaelen can play left back. I'm more interested in signing ] right back, because Sagna will retire one day and we need someone really good to replace that quality. Lastly, there are really very few LBs of quality on the market, so buying a crappy one seems wasteful when we have two passable ones.

I don't see us going to a 4-4-2, we 'always' run 4-3-3. It's more likely that Giroud will come off the bench with Podolski (one day the OX will play LW and that will be the day when Arsenal will have a decent defensive game plan) on the left and Walcott/Gervinho on the right. Gervinho is a very attack minded player, close to a true forward.

When RVP leaves, then Giroud will probably take over, but hopefully he'll have a year to figure out the system. One of the things I've seen is that Arsenal's system can make it hard for new players to come in and immediately be great, there is a learning curve so you have to wait and find out who is going to work. Kind of makes me pissed that RVP is leaving because it's probably going to take a few years to find anyone to fit the system as well as he seems to.

Aquilani gone confirmed by both clubs. It's a shame, he never really had a chance at Liverpool and I thought he was one of our best players this pre-season. Never mind, it looks as if the Allen deal is getting closer!
Yeah he was looking sharp but a midfield 3 of Lucas, Allen and Gerrard is pretty awesome.
Im also really excited about Joe Cole, he was great at Lille.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
English people here are biased
Firstly,I'm indian and secondly,the stats speak for themselves bro.As I said I don't care how many runs he makes,the best way of contributing to the team is by scoring or assisting goals and Sturridge beat him by a mile last season.In fact we'd have finished higher in the league if RDM hadn't been so rigid about it.As much as I hate to admit it,you're right about the price tag thing.Even if RDM gives Sturridge a chance,he definitely won't get more game time than Torres.Abramovich won't stand his biggest signing warming the bench;he's too fucking proud to admit his mistake.I guess us fans can only hope that Torres rediscovers the form that convinced Abramovich to buy him.Or that he opens his eyes and tries to look past the insane amount of money he spent on Torres.

Firstly,I'm indian and secondly,the stats speak for themselves bro.As I said I don't care how many runs he makes,the best way of contributing to the team is by scoring or assisting goals and Sturridge beat him by a mile last season.In fact we'd have finished higher in the league if RDM hadn't been so rigid about it.As much as I hate to admit it,you're right about the price tag thing.Even if RDM gives Sturridge a chance,he definitely won't get more game time than Torres.Abramovich won't stand his biggest signing warming the bench;he's too fucking proud to admit his mistake.I guess us fans can only hope that Torres rediscovers the form that convinced Abramovich to buy him.Or that he opens his eyes and tries to look past the insane amount of money he spent on Torres.
Torres did have quite a lot of assists and notice he always went scoring when given a good run of games, first half of the season AVB didnt give it to him, hell I remember he was bench warming for a month with AVb at one point.RDM gave him a good run and despite not playing much he still had a good number of goals and assists in the second half of the season.Sturridge is also too greedy for my liking.If I wanted a new striker at Liverpool to partner Suarez I would certainly take Torres over Sturridge.But yeah different opinions XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)