1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by The_Chaser, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phalanx

phalanx

i had the same problem, i went for hart rather then de gea.. because its between him and lindergaard
  2. akuchi

akuchi please dont remove akuchis custom title she <i>is<

From today's Mediawatch;

'Their starting XI featured one player brought through the United youth system, which is the same, incidentally, as City. One more United-reared man was introduced, to go with the carefully nurtured youth products David de Gea (bought for £17million), Chris Smalling (£12million), Rio Ferdinand (£30million), Nemanja Vidic (£8million), Nani (£17million), Michael Carrick...actually, we'll stop there.'

(I'm not even having a go about spending silly money, it's quite obvious you need to spend silly money to be successful - just don't pretend that you're better than other clubs because you've been doing it for longer)
  3. Raikage

Raikage

You want to compare United's transfer prices compared to Chelsea, City, and Real Madrid? I'm not denying that Utd spend but they aren't the ones responsible for inflating the market. The above 3 clubs are, however, and that's where I draw the line between spending a lot and spending too much.
  4. Zoro

Zoro

Player News

• [​IMG] Arteta (Injured)
    • [​IMG] Hernandez (Injured)
    • [​IMG] Suarez (Doubtful)
    the fuck
  5. akuchi

I don't think Chelsea/City/Madrid are to blame for inflating the market. Catalysts, maybe. I blame Sky.
  6. Havak

Havak I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Ouch. At least you can replace them for free before the season kicks off.

I'll wait until closer to the weekend before deciding whether or not to replace Suárez. Not sure who I'd get, maybe someone like Gervinho or Gyan for one game.
  7. Zoro

Zoro

I've replaced Hernandez with Dzeko (who I hope will score against Swansea). I'm keeping Arteta and Suarez for now, since both have a chance to play on Saturday.
  8. Dan Dan

Dan Dan

Yeah I just replaced Hernandes, Baird and Harper in goal for Bent, Fabio and Al-Habsi.
  9. akuchi

He won't.
  10. Havak

is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

;)
  11. phalanx

phalanx

i hope he doesn't i wan city to lose
  12. Phadunk

Phadunk

So many injuries before the season. I looked at Arsenal's fantasy list, and its just a page of yellow and red.

Had to change my team again last night to replace about 5 players due to it. But still have a solid enough team in my eyes to be able to switch back the 2 players i really want when they become healthy again [1free transfer carries over to week next, hopefully]

Still hoping for J Enrique to transfer.. those 5pts will be a bargain.
  13. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

lol is dzeko even a sure starter on man city?
  14. phalanx

phalanx

that is the main problem. those massive squads of overpaid and overpriced players, you do not know who starts.
    i got Odemwingie and mikel as doubtful :(
    odemwingie was captain.. now it is nani :D
  15. Lee

Lee @ Thick Club
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Lmao at Tom Cleverley getting an England call up.

You don't have to be at a big club to play for England but it sure as fuck helps.
  16. The_Chaser

The_Chaser RVW
    is a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

MAKING GRANT HOLT MY CAPTAIN YEAH!
  17. reyscarface

reyscarface
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris Smogon Frontier's Tower Tycoondefeated the Smogon Frontier

shade i think we know who will be last place this fantasy year now
  18. Myzozoa

Myzozoa Throw-up on the internet, or get off on TV
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Winner

bye nasri...
  19. Havak

Nasri going to Manchester City as well it seems. If he does, and Fabregas goes to Barcelona, I think Arsenal will finish 5th or worse.

The friendly between England and Holland has been called off due to the rioting in London. In some ways I'm happy as it was a stupid time to host such a fixture, but I'm also disappointed for the younger kids who were called up and won't get to play for their country just yet (although I'm sure they will in the future).
  20. phalanx

phalanx

newcastle has signed obertan, thank god for that :P

wonder if fergie will try and hi-jack the nasri deal
  21. Phadunk

Phadunk

I really like the guy.. really bummed he's going to City.. but it was going to happen. Sorry Arsenal isn't good enough for you Nasri, have fun over there.
  22. Nosferalto

Nosferalto We're all gonna make it
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Lee is so right. Idk how terrible and ineffective players like cleverley and welbeck get called up whilst barton 'is not for england'.
    Also pretty happy the friendly against holland is off, less risk of downing and andy carroll getting injured.
  23. Phadunk

Phadunk

we all know Van Persie was the only one who was going to get injured.
  24. phalanx

phalanx

cleverly and welbeck played very well on sunday... so yea
  25. shade

shade sweet like sugar
    is a Forum Moderator

playing well in one game for man u doesnt make you england standard though...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)