2011-12 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
From today's Mediawatch;

'Their starting XI featured one player brought through the United youth system, which is the same, incidentally, as City. One more United-reared man was introduced, to go with the carefully nurtured youth products David de Gea (bought for £17million), Chris Smalling (£12million), Rio Ferdinand (£30million), Nemanja Vidic (£8million), Nani (£17million), Michael Carrick...actually, we'll stop there.'

(I'm not even having a go about spending silly money, it's quite obvious you need to spend silly money to be successful - just don't pretend that you're better than other clubs because you've been doing it for longer)

You want to compare United's transfer prices compared to Chelsea, City, and Real Madrid? I'm not denying that Utd spend but they aren't the ones responsible for inflating the market. The above 3 clubs are, however, and that's where I draw the line between spending a lot and spending too much.

You want to compare United's transfer prices compared to Chelsea, City, and Real Madrid? I'm not denying that Utd spend but they aren't the ones responsible for inflating the market. The above 3 clubs are, however, and that's where I draw the line between spending a lot and spending too much.
I don't think Chelsea/City/Madrid are to blame for inflating the market. Catalysts, maybe. I blame Sky.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Player News

• Arteta (Injured)
  • Hernandez (Injured)
  • Suarez (Doubtful)
the fuck
Ouch. At least you can replace them for free before the season kicks off.

I'll wait until closer to the weekend before deciding whether or not to replace Suárez. Not sure who I'd get, maybe someone like Gervinho or Gyan for one game.

I've replaced Hernandez with Dzeko (who I hope will score against Swansea). I'm keeping Arteta and Suarez for now, since both have a chance to play on Saturday.

So many injuries before the season. I looked at Arsenal's fantasy list, and its just a page of yellow and red.

Had to change my team again last night to replace about 5 players due to it. But still have a solid enough team in my eyes to be able to switch back the 2 players i really want when they become healthy again [1free transfer carries over to week next, hopefully]

Still hoping for J Enrique to transfer.. those 5pts will be a bargain.

that is the main problem. those massive squads of overpaid and overpriced players, you do not know who starts.
i got Odemwingie and mikel as doubtful :(
odemwingie was captain.. now it is nani :D

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Lmao at Tom Cleverley getting an England call up.

You don't have to be at a big club to play for England but it sure as fuck helps.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nasri going to Manchester City as well it seems. If he does, and Fabregas goes to Barcelona, I think Arsenal will finish 5th or worse.

The friendly between England and Holland has been called off due to the rioting in London. In some ways I'm happy as it was a stupid time to host such a fixture, but I'm also disappointed for the younger kids who were called up and won't get to play for their country just yet (although I'm sure they will in the future).

I really like the guy.. really bummed he's going to City.. but it was going to happen. Sorry Arsenal isn't good enough for you Nasri, have fun over there.

Lee is so right. Idk how terrible and ineffective players like cleverley and welbeck get called up whilst barton 'is not for england'.
Also pretty happy the friendly against holland is off, less risk of downing and andy carroll getting injured.

Lee is so right. Idk how terrible and ineffective players like cleverley and welbeck get called up whilst barton 'is not for england'.
Also pretty happy the friendly against holland is off, less risk of downing and andy carroll getting injured.
we all know Van Persie was the only one who was going to get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)