2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Okay Daniel Agger's shit defending play right there cost us a goal, but let's give credit to the provider, Howard Webb, what a fantastic interception to set Chelsea on their way.
um

your goal was the dirtiest I've seen since the hand of god

Lee

@ Thick Club
I'm guessing the reason his team-mates didn't run over is because they were too busy staring at Howard Webb thinking 'he's not seriously going to give that...is he?'

I'm guessing the reason his team-mates didn't run over is because they were too busy staring at Howard Webb thinking 'he's not seriously going to give that...is he?'
Suarez was entitled to push ramirez because ramirez was holding his shirt

His teammates looked at the linesman waiting for him to raise his flag for offside like against everton

You can thank me for fixing your post lee

Wilfried Zaha called up for England to play against Sweden. This is mostly because of Rooney and Walcott pulling out, leaving England with Raheem Sterling, Daniel Sturridge and Danny Welbeck, which is a most unexpected forward line. It's going to be a hilarious match.

where the fuck is defoe??

strong selection skills from hodgson. really annoyed me that he picked sterling who shouldn't be playing picked for the U21s, nevermind the senior squad.

Lee

@ Thick Club
tbh I've always liked that about Suarez, the fact that he's highly competitive and will do whatever it takes to win (if you look through old threads you'll see me praising him for that infamous handball because he selflessly sacrificed himself for his team and country) but don't try and defend that goal lol, it was laughably unfair.

in other news, Hodgson selects undeserving Liverpool players. I'm in shock.

@ Latios, I was more annoyed at how vocal you were about their comparatively fair goal but then went mysteriously silent when Suarez scored a far worse one...too much bias itt

there's a difference between supporting your team and doing a phalanx. just because you happen to support a team doesn't mean you have to be totally one-sided and blinkered and pretend they dont do anything wrong :s

Okay Daniel Agger's shit defending play right there cost us a goal, but let's give credit to the provider, Howard Webb, what a fantastic interception to set Chelsea on their way.
dagger was injured during the whole 90 minutes. He wasn't scheduled to play but when skrtel got ill, we had to throw him in there. it explains why he didn't look like his usual self

not bias, i just think Kagawa will be, going off how he has performed and RVP will do even better with Kagawa and rooney supplying him

England are winning 1-2, Gerrard is substituted, BAM! 4-2 Sweden. Coincidence? Definitely not. Just shows how vital Stevie's become for England in that "quarterback" role. Shame he's struggling to adjust to Brendan's style of football at Liverpool.
Also shows how much influence he has on the team as a captain. He might not be the most vocal captain but he leads by example.

A few things to be noted.

Players that are not ready yet for the step-up (though it is because of the tug of war between international sides):
-Zaha
-Sterling
-Jenkinson

Players that are not good enough for England:
-Huddlestone
-Osman
-Shawcross

Joe Hart seriously needs to look at himself and his performances this season. He was at fault for Ibra's last 3 goals. Probably needs more competition at club level and international level.

Blaming the sub of Steven Gerrard for the loss?
we removed creativity for crap (young for sturridge) and Joe Hart decided to forget how to save the ball for the 3rd. or erm, do anything correctly for the 4th.
not the substitution of Gerrard that was the problem, was keeper.
and Zaha did fine, as did Osman

has anybody seen brazil vs colombia? neymar hit a sateltite in his penalty shit that was horrible. cant blame him for the draw tho.

and ibra owns what the fuck was that bike goal yo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)