2012/2013 Soccer/Football thread

Hmm, what's this? English fans blaming the loss on players from rivaling clubs to their favorite club but not on players from their own club?

Atticus

Atticus
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnuswon the 10th Official Smogon Tournamentdefeated the Smogon Frontieris a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Hmm, what's this? English fans blaming the loss on players from rivaling clubs to their favorite club but not on players from their own club?
you obviously haven't met phalanx

also i can't imagine what ibra's ego is like after a goal like that, i'm scared just thinking about it

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
Atticus, this isn't the Hockey thread, why are you here?

Btw, Kagawa will be an asian legend in years to come. Saying it now.

anybody see iraq vs jordan? oh wait i forgot nobody cares about asia =(
No but I looked at the results from Asian qualifying. It's really exciting to see Uzbekistan on top of their group, and a 1-0 win away against Iran is a great result. Would love to see Iraq qualify! Seriously tough group though, they'll need some luck if they manage to sneak play-offs.

so because he plays for another rival club its bias?
srsly i watched the game, young had a fine game, Hart had a shocker, fact isn't bias.
can't fault any united players for the defeat, blame pins on those who messed up, which happened to be hart, and the creativity lost by bringing on sturridge and taking off young.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Ibra is a fucking god,the most complete striker in world football at the moment.There's no denying his flawless performance but that free kick looked quite save-able to me and,as amazing as that last goal was,I really think it was just a fluke.

Ibra is a fucking god,the most complete striker in world football at the moment.There's no denying his flawless performance but that free kick looked quite save-able to me and,as amazing as that last goal was,I really think it was just a fluke.
I don't think it was fluke. It's Ibra. If anyone is confident enough to pull it off, it's him.
As good as his last goal was, it's mostly thanks to Hart unwisely coming off his line :| Apart from the first goal where Glen Johnson was out of position, Hart shouldn't have conceded the last 3 goals.

So because he plays for another rival club it's bias?
seriously I watched the game, Young had a fine game, Hart had a shocker, fact isn't bias. However, this is my opinion, so it could be considered bias in some cases.
I can't fault any United players for the defeat, except Young who didn't track Mellberg for the first goal, and also offered little width. Blame pins on those who messed up, which happened to be Hart, and the creativity lost by bringing on Sturridge and taking off Young.
Fixed your reply, Phalanx.

brazil-colombia was p cool. neymar is definitely special. imo, this year, he has showed dribbling skills that are on par with cr7's. and his shot is pretty accurate too. he definitely has to improve his decision making, his physical strenght and his shot power. if he does that, he can easily become a top 5 player. that penalty though lol
kaka seems to be regaining form. obviously not his 2007 form, but still pretty good.
james rodriguez and cuadrado are very underrated too.

and lol have you people seen the top 10 goals for the puskas award? i cant believe they picked neymars goal vs inter when his one vs atletico-mg was miles ahead. and they didnt pick oscar's masterpiece vs juventus WTFFFFFFFF. messis one vs brazil is prolly going to win it now

and lol have you people seen the top 10 goals for the puskas award? i cant believe they picked neymars goal vs inter when his one vs atletico-mg was miles ahead. and they didnt pick oscar's masterpiece vs juventus WTFFFFFFFF. messis one vs brazil is prolly going to win it now
Have to go with Miroslav Stoch's goal. What I find amazing is why they didn't include Ibrahimovic's goal yesterday. I know the puska award choices finished 3 days ago, but still...

not even a mention?

kaka was good but would have been better if he could pass the ball for once, seriously he just puts his head down and runs, cuadrado is underrated yeah but he got helped by leandro castan highway.

Ibra would have puskas award in the bag lol much better than the messi one but messi is gonna win this i'm pretty sure. Sure Hart did help Ibra score but its insanely hard to score the way he did...

Neymar slipped his support leg in that penalty but still it was really funny, what I find amazing is how mano does his first substitution at late second half in a fucking friendly match, thats pretty stupid.

No but I looked at the results from Asian qualifying. It's really exciting to see Uzbekistan on top of their group, and a 1-0 win away against Iran is a great result. Would love to see Iraq qualify! Seriously tough group though, they'll need some luck if they manage to sneak play-offs.
Oman and Jordan are crap, we kinda are too at the moment because some of our guys are injured and suspended and our Brazilian coach Zico is trying out young talent, and we were up 1-0 on Australia in the 75th minute only to lose 2-1 which was a bit embarrassing. Plus we only lost vs Japan 1-0 IN Japan, and we had just as many chances to score in that game. I think we can sneak our way into the World Cup with two wins out of three next June.

"Theo Walcott starts as part of a three-man attack with Lukas Podolski and Johan Djourou" BBC

lolo, I always get confused between Giroud and Djourou too!

cazorla is easily a top 5 MF in the premier league, if not a top 5 player. giroud seems to have found his shooting boots too, 4 goals in the last 5 games isnt it?
and there are some interesting games today in serie A, looking foward to napoli/milan, as well as juve/lazio

Django

Started from the bottom...
is a Tiering Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really impressed by Cazorla and Walcott. Theo in particular seems to really enjoy playing aginst Tottenham, just a shame he can't play like that more often. It's a shame Adebayor got sent off so early but it was a really stupid tackle so he can't have any complaints.

Another away draw for us today. I was going to go as Preston isn't too far from Manchester but I've been vomming for 36 hours. Doesn't sound like I missed too much but it'd be nice to see us more often :( only thing I miss about London

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
i hate being the "i told you" guy but i told you that last season's form was a one off
unfortunately you are unable to claim the same about your team ;D (who are three places below us btw...maybe hold off on using 'mid-table' in a disparaging sense because that's about as much as your team is entitled to nowadays)

not taking anything away from Swansea because I haven't seen the match yet and also because I'm shit scared of akuchi but we were without some of our star players in Cisse, Gutierrez, Cabaye and Coloccini. A loss is not that big of a surprise when half your team is missing...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)