2012 music

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
My friend took me to a pop punk show last night. I just want to say that Liotta is incredible and puts on a great show and the members are all cool guys (their bassist runs the venue they were at too). They released their EP earlier this year. Go on iTunes or something and buy it, these guys need the money.

[youtube]4aYbMqxQzw4[/youtube]

So um, it turns out the catchiest song of 2012 so far is about a straight man who falls for another dude in drag >_>

The Magnetic Fields - Andrew in Drag
[youtube]zjOJjP2pXdo[/youtube]

radiohead's been playing a LOT of new awesome material on their tour, so most likely when it ends we'll have some new something out soon? hopefully an album. we'll see what happens.

(can't wait to catch them in seattle in april eep)

So um, it turns out the catchiest song of 2012 so far is about a straight man who falls for another dude in drag >_>
i really just can't get on board with the magnetic fields when it's hi-fi. distortion is one of my favourite albums, but ive tried and failed many times to become enchanted by 69 love songs

he does have a really nice voice though

Cooky

Banned deucer.
[youtube]tId5I7WYZpQ[/youtube]

this guy

this guy right here

well hes the bees knees

not 2012 song i know but hes blowing up these days and this is my favourite. love the change up at like 2 10 ish. dont listen if you dont have a good sound system though it wont sound great

i really just can't get on board with the magnetic fields when it's hi-fi. distortion is one of my favourite albums, but ive tried and failed many times to become enchanted by 69 love songs

he does have a really nice voice though
While I do for sure enjoy 69 Love Songs, my favorite Magnetic Fields album is probably Holiday, which is filled to the brim with cheap sounding (and I mean that in the best way possible) synths. It's not the guitar feedback distortion of, well, Distortion, but it might be worth trying if you haven't already.

Also, Andre 3000 murders every single thing he touches

Gorillaz featuring Andre 3000 and James Murphy - DoYaThing
[youtube]yNeF30RverQ[/youtube]

Here's a free legal download link
http://play.converse.com/blog/2012/02/23/doyathing/

Apparently this is just the single edit, and the full 12 minute (!!!) version will be released at a later date.
Edit: apparently the full version is out :U
[youtube]36DCuT1KxM4[/youtube]

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
nah the best magnetic fields album is the charm of the highway strip

[youtube]V2nXAPNjCJo[/youtube]

andrew in drag is a good song interested in hearing more from the album

d vassalotti's book of ghosts came out in december so its 2011 but whatever, its too important for me to not talk about it

cult ritual is a shitty hardcore band which birthed sonic twins: slightly more interesting but still pretty bad side project neon blud, and the majestic merchandise which floats high above the usual lo-fi miasma because the vocals are pure and clean like bleached bones

d vassalotti is one half of merchandise and book of ghosts is one of the best pop albums of recent years

http://soundcloud.com/vinyl-rites/d-vassalotti-death-will-one

also listen to merchandise because theyre good enough to make you curse most other things. one time i tried googling them but 'merchandise' wasnt too helpful so i thought 'oh duh, i just have to google "band merchandise"... oh wait'

[youtube]K3JTtXw_Ttk[/youtube]

I am pretty excited for the new Magnetic Fields as well. Andrew in Drag is a pretty decent single and I keep exploring Merritt's work and I find I like so much of it. I could never listen to any other 3 hour long album as much as 69 love songs and distortion/charm of the highway strip are both well-crafted too. He's so unemotional too, it's bizzarre...

I am pretty excited for the new Magnetic Fields as well. Andrew in Drag is a pretty decent single and I keep exploring Merritt's work and I find I like so much of it. I could never listen to any other 3 hour long album as much as 69 love songs and distortion/charm of the highway strip are both well-crafted too. He's so unemotional too, it's bizzarre...
The full album's been leaked for a couple of days just fyi ;P

I hardly ever bother to watch out for leaks, I just wait like a good boy until the release date :S, but since you mentioned it...*goes to look for it*

new death grips track get got (DeathGripsVEVO, 2012 really is the apocalypse) seems pretty terrible, hopefully the rest of the album is more interesting

also liquid swords 2 is probably coming out this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: wrote get shot instead of get got, boy do i stereotype with hip hop

new death grips track get got (DeathGripsVEVO, 2012 really is the apocalypse) seems pretty terrible, hopefully the rest of the album is more interesting

also liquid swords 2 is probably coming out this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: wrote get shot instead of get got, boy do i stereotype with hip hop
If Liquid Swords 2 is anywhere near as good as OB4CL2 it probably will be an aoty contender.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)